What inspires men to approach a woman?

Frank2thepoint
The ones who try to publically embarrass you are the ones who secretly like you.

Yeah right, if we're all still back in kindergarten.

• Like 1
So, you are surrounded by a bunch of jackasses....So what does that prove?...?:rolleyes:..

And yes, at the risk of being called a racist, its true, many black, hispanic(especailly hispanic) and other ethnic groups see no issue with glaring or making inappropriate remarks to women...whereas its not as common in my experience, with white guys..

Some guys dont do it...Period..Ive NEVER done it and I am a lot older than you..

TFY

O wow. I never thought of them as jackasses. I just thought of it as 'different.'

A lot of women go out of their way to publically embarrass men who approach them.

In my 28 years of life, I've never seen it.

Look up the catcalling video from last summer and look at the comments. There are people who genuinely think that saying hello to a woman in public is harassment. I don't believe all or even most women feel that way but enough do that it makes it not worth it for a man to walk through that minefield.

Did you watch the video? There was more in it that guys saying 'Hi."

Anyway, if a woman reacts negatively, a man can always move on to another one.

@ Woggle - That catcalling video was not just about guys saying "hi" to women in public.

Exactly. Some of the guys really were harassing the women, like following her for 5 min? C'mon...

That makes me a bit sad that some men think it's too much of a minefield to risk approaching a woman.

That's a whole different ballpark than just plain shy.

I have no qualms with making the first move and approaching those men, but I still get rejected every time. I figure I just have to keep trying and eventually someone will accept. Just gotta play the numbers.

I think engaging in fun activities (skiing, golfing,) would hopefully make men more open. I promise, not every guy is as scared and hesitant and the men in this thread.

I don't see how any guy thinks it's a minefield to approach a girl (even without her giving cues to do so) unless their idea of "approach" is a lot more aggressive and rudimentary than mine. Or it's at work, which warrants a lot more consideration, but doable.

All I ever do is start a normal conversation with a girl, even when I think she gave me pretty clear signals that she wants to see my penis. I just talk with her, like a person.

Ditto. Unless they're gonna walk up to a woman and say, "Hey girl lemme see dem tittays," I don't understand what the fear is.

lolz!:lmao:

Dudes in this thread are acting like you're gonna get 90 days in prison for saying hello to a woman.

Of course nobody will be sent to prison but guys get chewed out for simply saying hello. I saw a guy get chased down the block out of a bar for simply trying to talk to a woman even after he apologized for bothering her and walked away.

Of course nobody will be sent to prison but guys get chewed out for simply saying hello. I saw a guy get chased down the block out of a bar for simply trying to talk to a woman even after he apologized for bothering her and walked away.

It all depends how desirable the guy is.

A desirable guy can grope a woman he doesn't even know and it'll be seen as 'flirty'

A guy who isn't can do the same and it's a different story.

• Like 1
spanishchick00

Well, from my experiences, the ones that I approach me are guys that I would never had no desire to date or talk to. But the ones that I'm interested never come up to talk to me or are even remotely interested.... its an unfair world.

I've seen it. Crap, I've lived it! I used to be the guy in my circle of friend who would be sent out to go talk to women. Many women will absolutely tell you they think you're ugly, a creep, to get lost, ect. Some guys let this stuff get to them, but I do not. I would just fire back at them.

To play devils advocate, sometimes as a woman you have to be mean.

I've never seen it, but it can imagine the negative responses happen. Like I've said before, men who cold approach a lot don't have all that fear. If you approach 100 women, there's a chance somebody will have a negative reaction. Dudes here are acting like they'll be sent to the gas chamber for approaching a woman.

Frank2thepoint
Dudes here are acting like they'll be sent to the gas chamber for approaching a woman.

I've been in a gas chamber (tear gas). It really clears the sinuses.

Yeah right, if we're all still back in kindergarten.

The contemporary female, who makes the effort to embarrass a man who approaches, may have the body of an adult, but still has the mindset of a kindergartener.

So yes, you're correct.