Girl @ school - she's 15, I'm 14 does she like me?

The Unforgiven

I hope you do, cuz you might just go crazy with all this pretzel brain twisting you are doing!

Next message from you will be from the asylum!

clamdiggerwtf

Well, I'll be trying this in the morning, lets just hope I can do it. With some luck she'll like me.

I know I shouldn't be nervous, or even thinking about this. I can't help but think about it every moment, though. >_<

...you know, I wouldn't make quite as big of a deal with this if I didn't feel like I was risking a friendship...

Thanks for all of your help.

Tamed Wildflower
Originally posted by clamdiggerwtf

...you know, I wouldn't make quite as big of a deal with this if I didn't feel like I was risking a friendship...

Well, as I have said, even in the OFF-CHANCE that she doesn't like you, I don't think that you have to worry about making her so uncomfortable that you will lose the friendship. It may be awkward for a week or so, but in the end you will find it easier interacting with each other because you will no longer have that tension of liking her and not knowing if she likes you too.

Okay, so you are not risking the friendship because

1) the chance that she does like you = 99.99%

2) even if she doesn't, you will not lose the friendship anyway.

See? Now you have NO REASON to make a big deal of this. You have run out of excuses!!

So go get the girl! :D

clamdiggerwtf

Well... heres my progress as of today.

I found a TV show we both like, we talked about it.

I hinted at getting her number very lightly, and she said her parents are a bit strict as to who could call her (and they are, because my mother works with her father.) She then asked for mine, which I gladly gave her.

I'm not gonna try to go through with this very fast, but I guess its progress. Good sign or bad sign?

Tamed Wildflower

Clamdigger, this sounds WONDERFUL!! You are doing GREAT!

You've escalated to the point where you can talk on the phone! Let us know if she gives you a call!

I also suggest that you invite her over to watch the TV show. If her parents are strict, have your mom and her dad talk it over and arrange for you to watch TV together without being alone where *something* could happen. It doesn't sound like you ar ready for that anyway, but parents have this thing for worrying. ;) They can't help it :laugh:

clamdiggerwtf

I'd do that, but like I said. If she does in fact like me, I'm not gonna take things to quickly. I don't know if she actually wrote down my number, but I trust her, and I'm sure she did. Our parents do know each other, but they don't work together anymore. I'm not gonna invite her over or to do anything until I'm positive she likes me. Now that I think about it, she even drinks and eats after me. <_<

I didn't directly ask for her phone number, but it was fairly clear that I was wondering what it was. She was teasing me in class today... she was making it impossible for me to send messages because she kept spamming me with stuff. It was good to hear her laugh, though. I'm just gonna let this move at a nice, slow pace.

You're doing great! Glad she took your number. Just keep talking and flirting, always smile when you see her, say you're glad to see her, and keep trying to get that number for yourself!

I liked Wildflower's idea about watching the TV show you liked together. (Thought you said you didn't like TV. :p ha ha)

What did you mean when you said she eats and drinks after me? Like when people subconsciously mimic your actions because they like you?

clamdiggerwtf

What I mean is that she will eat/drink my food and such without giving it a second thought. Sounds kind of rude of her when I put it this way, but she isn't. Its kind of funny, cause she's been acting like this for the past year... Its gonna be funny if it actually turns out she likes me.

clamdiggerwtf

Also, as far as getting her number... I'm gonna see if she has any sort of instant messenger first. I feel as if it would be easier to talk to her with one of those first. Like I said, I'm gonna take this slowly. I don't wanna keep asking for her number and become annoying.

Edit:

Just found a problem... I feel like an idiot now. I gave her the wrong phone number because I recently moved... What if she has been trying to call me today? This is so embarrassing...

Tamed Wildflower

her eating and drinking your food/drink... this is a good sign. shows she's really comfortable with you. :) I really do think she likes you. :)

Instant Message-- this is a really good idea. you will probably be a lot less nervous using it, and you'll get to really enjoy the interaction.

giving her the wrong number... you know what? this is no big deal. In school tomorrow, say to her, "you know what? I made a mistake yesterday when I gave you my number and have you the number at my old house/apartment. Here lemme give you my current number." Does that sound hard? No, she won't think you are an idiot, she'll think you are really considerate for going to the trouble to make sure she has the right number. And while your at it, say to her, "Hey would you mind giving me your number too? Thanks."

clamdiggerwtf

Today didn't go so well. We talked for like 5 minutes in the morning, but then the computers were turned off. I didn't talk to her again that day. I told her that I gave her the wrong number, but didn't manage to say anything else. I can't help but here her talking about emailing some guy (I think thats what she's talking about) in my last class, and its really making me think she doesn't like me. I'm probably misinterpreting what she's saying... I hope I am...

I think I'm gonna mention this to one of our friends this weekend if I get to talk to her. She'll probably know what I should do, and what the situation is from both sides...

Tamed Wildflower

Today didn't go so well. We talked for like 5 minutes in the morning, but then the computers were turned off. I didn't talk to her again that day. I told her that I gave her the wrong number, but didn't manage to say anything else. I can't help but here her talking about emailing some guy (I think thats what she's talking about) in my last class, and its really making me think she doesn't like me. I'm probably misinterpreting what she's saying... I hope I am...

I think I'm gonna mention this to one of our friends this weekend if I get to talk to her. She'll probably know what I should do, and what the situation is from both sides...

What are we going to do with you, kiddo?

This is NOT a BAD day, it's a day in which NOTHING MUCH HAPPENED. That's it. Not BAD, just not much of anything.

So she is e-mailing some guy?? So what??? Clamdigger, do NOT jump to conclusions about this one, unless you heard her talk excitedly about how cute this guy is. It doesn't sound like that happened, so don't worry about it.

You told her that you gave her the wrong number, but you didn't give her the right number?? Dude, she might be offended! She's probably thinking, "Jeez, I liked this guy, I thought he was so nice, and then when he gives me his number he gives me the WRONG one??? What does this mean? Is he just making fun of me? He's too much of a sweetheart for that. His mixed signals are so confusing!" But don't despair-- you'll just have to fix the situation, and that isn't hard. On Monday in school, apologize for giving her the wrong number and give her the right one. No big deal. And you will probably have her thinking, "Oh he DOES like me! This is GREAT!"

Remember, the ONLY problem you have to overcome her is your own nervousness. THIS IS YOUR ONLY PROBLEM. Other than that, you've got everything you need. Heck, you've even got a cute girl waiting around for you to ask her out!! What are you waiting for? :p

clamdiggerwtf

Like I said, I couldn't give her the right number. I never got a chance too. I hope I didn't offend her, though.

This entire situation is odd. Last year I always thought that she was annoying. She always seemed to go out of her way to annoy me. Now things have changed a lot, and we're friends... how odd. I never would have expected this a year ago, as I barely even considered her a friend.

If she does like me, I'll probably feel kind of bad. There have been obvious signs she might like me just standing out all of this school year, and I've been ignoring them. She even walked somewhat out of her way to second period with me earlier this year, but that didn't last long, because I never really talked. If she does like me, I've been a bit rude in ignoring this stuff...

I can talk to her fine using the computer's messenger, but if its actually talking to her... I still can't start a conversation with her. I still haven't really talked to her other than a "Hi." on Tuesday, but she did smile at me once.

clamdiggerwtf

The way I brought up asking for her number was kind of stupid, honestly. I don't even know if she got the message that I like her when I "sort of" asked. The conversation was something like.

Me: "Remember when we prank called that one guy?"

Her: "Yeah, that was fun. You guys should call me and we can do it again."

Me: "We can't, we lost your number. Are you gonna give it to one of us?"

Her: "I dunno... My parents are kind of strict."

Me: "What if you call us, then?"

Her: "Yeah, I can do that. Give me your number?"

Me: *Gives numbers of me and two friends, and states that mine might be wrong.*

Her: "You don't know your own phone number?"

Me: "Not exactly... use this one instead?" *gives other phone number*

Her: "I'm confused... which one do I call?"

Me: "Nevermind... I think the first one is right. Just use it, okay?"

Her: "Okay. I may call you some time."

It doesn't even seem she'd like me from that. I didn't go the right way about bringing up phone numbers, I know.

clamdiggerwtf

Yay... I might be getting all of this stuff figured out tonight. I'm gonna call a friend of both of our's, and see if she can help with the situation. For some odd reason, I actually trust telling this girl the stuff without worrying about it.

Tamed Wildflower

Yay... I might be getting all of this stuff figured out tonight. I'm gonna call a friend of both of our's, and see if she can help with the situation. For some odd reason, I actually trust telling this girl the stuff without worrying about it.

Good move, Little Bro-- this girl may be able to tell you how the Cutie feels about you.

clamdiggerwtf

Well, I told the friend. She's gonna try to talk to the one I like now. Just hope things go well, now...

Tamed Wildflower

Great!!

Did the friend say anything more? Did she say she thinks the girl might like you too?

clamdiggerwtf

Nah, she doesn't know too much about the girl I like. I'd consider them friends, but not close or anything. I picked the right person to talk to, because the friend that got me to admit who I like is gonna go into psychology... She'll do great in that, I'm sure. She got me to admit something I couldn't even say to my close friends.

Tamed Wildflower

Nah, she doesn't know too much about the girl I like. I'd consider them friends, but not close or anything. I picked the right person to talk to, because the friend that got me to admit who I like is gonna go into psychology... She'll do great in that, I'm sure. She got me to admit something I couldn't even say to my close friends.

Sounds good anyway Clamdigger-- it looks like you are progressing in the direction of letting her know you like her, and you are moving at your own pace toward this. You're doin' good. ;)

clamdiggerwtf

My friend said the girl I like may actually like me. She said she hadn't ever said anything about it, but noticed some of the same signs I've noticed.