Plus size models in Cosmo

Her caloric intake is way, way too high if she doesn't want excess mass. Simple fact. Click the link in my post.

As you just said, you eat more to gain mass. You eat less to lose it. She is eating a very active man's level of calories. She'll be big from doing that no matter what she's doing for exercise.

This is very simple stuff.

I said this was the calculation of what I should eat based on my weight and level of activity. Never said this was my actual caloric intake.

thefooloftheyear
Really have you seen people be as openly abusive towards short men? when was the last time you saw a short man called "disgusting"? the rest of your examples are just silly so im not going to adress them no most would just say "I dont care for dating a shorter guy" and be done with it thats the difference it ends when the same happens for over weight people..its the shaming and abuse that needs to stop..and stuff like that only stops when people stand up and say enough..

Im 5'6" on a good day...Im thrilled to be this height...I dont care what others think of me, nor does it affect me in any way whatsoever, nor do I need a support group or to raise awareness..

But there are guys, who have been disgraced and ridiculed by women because of how small their dick is or how short, bald, fat they are...Or even how broke or shytty their car is...I can go on forever..

Ive even seen it on here...

So, stop worrying about what others think of you and no, everyone doesnt get a cookle or trophy in this world..Try instead to think of someone with a real devastating condition like CF or MD...and be thankful...

TFY

Im 5'6" on a good day...Im thrilled to be this height...I dont care what others think of me, nor does it affect me in any way whatsoever, nor do I need a support group or to raise awareness..

But there are guys, who have been disgraced and ridiculed by women because of how small their dick is or how short, bald, fat they are...Or even how broke or shytty their car is...I can go on forever..

Ive even seen it on here...

So, stop worrying about what others think of you and no, everyone doesnt get a cookle or trophy in this world..Try instead to think of someone with a real devastating condition like CF or MD...and be thankful...

TFY

OK, but I do not see any widespread shaming of short guys or guys with small dicks or their parents for having them, but fat shaming is rife, that is why there are support groups.

Fat-shaming: how the slim and sanctimonious help to cause our obesity crisis | Gaby Hinsliff | Comment is free | The Guardian

thefooloftheyear
OK, but I do not see any widespread shaming of short guys or guys with small dicks or their parents for having them, but fat shaming is rife, that is why there are support groups.

Fat-shaming: how the slim and sanctimonious help to cause our obesity crisis | Gaby Hinsliff | Comment is free | The Guardian

Stop already...It is widespread...Guys arent as much of complainers or "victim" mentality as women are...Thats why you dont hear about it...Go ask some guy about how it feels to have a 2" dick and you'd probably thank your lucky stars that you only have a paunch and cant fit into your jeans you wore in HS..And thank God I am not speaking from experience, here...That would be a fate worse than anything I could imagine..

I know many fat people that are insanely happy...They are probably at home right now sitting their asses on a couch watching football with a pizza delivery waiting...And they dont give a flying fck about their BMI or what size their pants are..

TFY

Edited by thefooloftheyear
  • Like 3
Exactly where did I mention I was personally struggling to maintain my weight?

What I did mention in this thread was that I was usually doing 10 hours of moderate to intense physical activity per week.

You say I am angry yet it's the second time you personally attack me on this very thread after all I did was post a general opinion.

You are exercising 10 hours a week and eating 2500 calories a day?

That's not an attack. An attack is the sort of thing you do continually here.. where you put someone's personality down or hit them where you think it will make them feel bad. I see you doing it all over this board.

What you and I are discussing is your posted numbered for caloric intake vs exercise.

Unless you are naturally a very, very skinny woman, those number's numbers are out of whack. I do not say this to attack you, but to point out there is an issue there that, unles you find come from a family with genetics like Obama, will cause extra weight.

That's not an attack That's acceped dietary science.

• Author
I don't think it's comparable. A short guy can't help being short. Being overweight is, at least to an extent, a choice. Women are pretty brutal about rejecting short guys, yet get upset if they're rejected for being overweight.

So if something is choice its ok to be openly disrespectful and degrading to that person right? ive never seen a short man called disgusting or anything near as bad as over weight people have been.

Ive seen women say they don't want to date them but there's nothing wrong with that just like there's nothing wrong with saying you don't want to date a over weight person but no im sorry no ones going to convince me short men are abused and belittled as bad cause its simply not true.

• Like 1
I said this was the calculation of what I should eat based on my weight and level of activity. Never said this was my actual caloric intake.

Whew!!!! :)

It's calculated incorrectly. My apologies for misunderstanding your post. Glad to hear this.

• Author

TFY

Im not worried but im also not going to sit and shut up about it thats also what they told other minorities years ago before other forms of biggitory and discrimination were made unacceptable just shut up and take it and be thankful its not worse..I don't have to cause I don't deserve to..who on earth said anything about wanting a reward for being overweight? its amazing how things get twisted..

• Like 1
You are exercising 10 hours a week and eating 2500 calories a day?

That's not an attack. An attack is the sort of thing you do continually here.. where you put someone's personality down or hit them where you think it will make them feel bad. I see you doing it all over this board.

What you and I are discussing is your posted numbered for caloric intake vs exercise.

Unless you are naturally a very, very skinny woman, those number's numbers are out of whack. I do not say this to attack you, but to point out there is an issue there that, unles you find come from a family with genetics like Obama, will cause extra weight.

That's not an attack That's acceped dietary science.

I am not eating 2500 calories per day. I said that this is what the calculations of what I would need.

Not sure where you are seeing my constant personal attacks on here. You either are confusing me with someone else or are not familiar at all with my posts. If I was continuously putting people down as badly as you say I am, I would have been banned a while ago.

That being said, if you feel my posts are not respecting regulations, feel free to report them.

Edited by Maleficent

I just thankful that women who are actually plus-size are being used for plus-size modeling!

When Kate Upton and Whitney Thompson were referred to as plus-size, I almost puked. They're a size 10! If you can find the size in a normal store in the normal size section, it's not plus-size!

That said, while I would like to lose a little weight, I don't look at these women as role models or reasons to keep on the weight.

That is absolutely disgusting.

It's a totally disgusting thing to do.

Either I wrote it incorrectly, or you read it wrong.

It's totally disgusting to set the bar at that level. Go back and read my posts.

I don't think you used the exact word 'disgusting' but you assumed the models in the article were 'lazy' and 'unhealthy.'

When I looked back at the photos, I didn't think they carry THAT much excess weight. They look 'strong' to me, like they have muscle along with fat. I guess it's because the usual models in magazines are so frail and tiny, and we are used to seeing that in the media. A lot of teenage girl athletes I know have figures just like those plus size models.

I was reading a blog by someone recently, and she spoke about the pressure by society to become 'diminished' as a woman. Shrinking herself to not take up space, being tiny, delicate, etc. It was sad.

Nofeelings22, you seem too concerned with body appearance. It wasn't only what you write about women, it's more when you said you were naturally skinny and you want to try to get muscles like Vin Diesel or whoever. My husband has kind of an average-to-slim build, but he's quite strong. He can carry a huge canoe over his head and move heavy objects like safes and furniture, even now in his 40's. He's also a ski marathoner. The 'health at any size' concept is great because it's about what your body can DO, not how it looks. And when you like what your body is doing (Zumba dancing, swimming, bench pressing, sex, :)) it makes you happy and it radiates from within. Which makes you attractive. It's something I've noticed myself. Even if I don't ever lose the extra 25 pounds, my body deserves care and respect. It produced 3 wonderful kids! :love: I just don't want to end up like my mom who is very morbidly obese. It scares me to think I'm capable of that genetically. She's basically a shut in! That's my motivation to have better health habits than she had.

• Like 2
I don't think you used the exact word 'disgusting' but you assumed the models in the article were 'lazy' and 'unhealthy.'

Ahem!.....

Absolutely disgusting.

Are we so misguided as a species that we can't be healthy and fit?

It's not very hard. People are just weak and lazy. Let's reinforce that's it's ok to eat tons of sugars and sit around all day doing nothing.

Let's have little girls aspire to be fat, just so we can appease people who are too lazy to stay in shape.

Humans did not evolve to eat the number of calories (in sugar especially) the average American takes in in a day. This body tyoe does exist naturally, but 90% of fat people are just lazy.

I had a college friend who was fat. He got sick of it. He decided to spend a summer not eating and running, In 2 MONTHS he easily went from 270 lbs to 180. No problem. He wasn't lazy. He changed his diet.

Lastly, where are the magazine spreads with nasty fat guys? Why is it only fat women?

Thankfully, the younger generation is doing better and seeing through this bs. Kids were pretty fat 10 years ago. They seem to be in much better shape these days.

There is no pride in being unhealthy. Let's not try to make it glamorous.

• Like 1
They look 'strong' to me, like they have muscle along with fat.

No. No, they don't. There is no muscle tone on those women.

HazyCosmicJive
So if something is choice its ok to be openly disrespectful and degrading to that person right? ive never seen a short man called disgusting or anything near as bad as over weight people have been.

Ive seen women say they don't want to date them but there's nothing wrong with that just like there's nothing wrong with saying you don't want to date a over weight person but no im sorry no ones going to convince me short men are abused and belittled as bad cause its simply not true.

Maybe short men are not belittled as much as overweight people because it's not their choice to be short. At least a fat woman can lose weight and not be rejected, but a short guy has no choice. Women are just as superficial as men, yet some of them just like to complain when they're on the receiving end of it.

• Like 1

Elaine- oops, I guess I missed that.

I would never label anyone's body as disgusting. What they DO can be disgusting, like inject drugs or drink till they puke, but not the way their body looks. It makes me think of a photographer's journal of portraits of elderly people that I saw in a magazine. There was a beauty in them even though they technically aren't beautiful anymore. I guess you would fear getting very old.

• Like 1
Maybe short men are not belittled as much as overweight people because it's not their choice to be short. At least a fat woman can lose weight and not be rejected, but a short guy has no choice. Women are just as superficial as men, yet some of them just like to complain when they're on the receiving end of it.

There are just no reasons to be disrespectful - towards short men or overweight women.

If you (general you) don't like someone's choices, that's fine. Just shut up about it - no one is forcing anyone to date or talk to people whose choices they disagree with or that they find unattractive.

• Like 2
  • Author
These conversations are the same each time. Overweight people say and do everything they can to justify their lifestyle choice.

People are free to choose to be overweight. That's fine. That does not mean everyone else has to suddenly approve of those choices. I don't even understand why so many people require others to be ok with their life choices. I know I don't give a crap what people think of the choices I make.

I think the examples used for this thread were beautiful. However, they are still overweight. If they lost say, 30 or so pounds, they would be healthier, much more attractive, and most likely live longer.

You opened this can of worms when you started this thread. You can't ask people what they think then get upset when you don't like the answer.

See thats the thing no were did I say I want anyone to "approve" of any life style choice. I said open discrimination and abuse is not acctable im surprised some get that confused when they are two very different concepts.

There was no "can of worms" opened cause I have no fear of people respectfully saying they don't care for overweight people or they don't find them attractive to date thats their choice more power to them..I feel sorry for those who cannot understand the difference..

• Like 1
I don't care for raisins, but I find mayo disgusting. You asked what people thought and you got your answers. Some people are going to find overweight people disgusting. Again, if you aren't prepared to handle the answers, you should not ask the questions.

Mayo does not have feelings that can be hurt...

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't care for raisins, but I find mayo disgusting. You asked what people thought and you got your answers. Some people are going to find overweight people disgusting. Again, if you aren't prepared to handle the answers, you should not ask the questions.

If you want to have a adult debate on the matter great if you want to hurl insults and then justify them then that just reflects on you more then me go for it more power to you. Im not going to get into a verbal pissing match over it as its rather clear my point I think to most anyways..

Far as me asking the original question it was so LS could share their ideas about the pics it wasn't a open invitation to abuse. Cause really most adults can share their thoughts on a subject with out resorting to name calling and belittling again to some the concept is confusing apparently and thats kind of sad..

• Like 4
When women stop requiring men to be "good providers" we'll stop requiring women to be slender and fit.

Nobody really cares what you do or don't 'require' in your hypothetical partner. You can 'require' a woman to be 40-22-34 for all I care. Similarly a woman can 'require' a man to make $500k/year for all I care.

Please re-read my post (or rather, read it properly for the first time) to understand the point.

• Like 3

Why do I care what another woman looks like? I'm going to pursue the women I find attractive. Do whatever makes you happy, both guys and girls. The only people who should really care are parents with daughters.

• Like 2
HazyCosmicJive
Nobody really cares what you do or don't 'require' in your hypothetical partner. You can 'require' a woman to be 40-22-34 for all I care. Similarly a woman can 'require' a man to make $500k/year for all I care.

Please re-read my post (or rather, read it properly for the first time) to understand the point.

Your post was in denial of reality. I don't care how many times you say it, my preference for slender women is not a result of societal influences. If you have body issues, you need to work them out for yourself, not blame men for liking what we like.

• Like 1
Your post was in denial of reality. I don't care how many times you say it, my preference for slender women is not a result of societal influences. If you have body issues, you need to work them out for yourself, not blame men for liking what we like.

Okay, I'm not really going to waste any more time on someone who somehow managed to reach adulthood in a developed country without learning how to read.

• Like 8
HazyCosmicJive

Okay, I'm not really going to waste any more time on someone who somehow managed to reach adulthood in a developed country without learning how to read.

Perhaps your point could've been made clearer. There's no reason to get nasty.

Perhaps your point could've been made clearer. There's no reason to get nasty.

If you're going to personalise the debate using the tired method of speculating that women you disagree with, or who challenge any commentary you make, have a weight problem, then you're fairly likely to receive "in kind" responses speculating about any personal problems you might have. If you don't agree with that method of debate, you might contemplate the wisdom of not employing it yourself.

• Like 8