Western men seeking foreign wives.

• Author
I was talking about abroad man lol. I can't have my pick of attractive women in the US. I get a really attractive one every now and then, but it's mostly just average women that want me to put in tons of effort to get them with little reward.

I know that's why I liked your comment. Lol

• Like 1

I'm an Asian and it's true that we are brought up in a way that we give alot to our partners. But there's alot of shallow asian women out there as well. I have friends that don't go for looks, as long as they are successful & rich. We are brought up in a highly competitive society and often judged by others. Asian women could work a full-time job & comes home to do the household chores & cook. Our life is very fast-paced and we learn to do everything fast & efficient. BUT one thing about asian men is, they tend to give in to their partners too much & let their partners step all over them.

When we want something, we earn money & get it ourselves. I don't expect my partner to give me expensive stuff. I love giving him surprises and be sweet. And i'm extremely loyal. I've already got the best, why would i go searching for someone else? The grass is always greener on the other side, because its often filled with bull****.

• Like 1
I'm an Asian and it's true that we are brought up in a way that we give alot to our partners. But there's alot of shallow asian women out there as well. I have friends that don't go for looks, as long as they are successful & rich. We are brought up in a highly competitive society and often judged by others. Asian women could work a full-time job & comes home to do the household chores & cook. Our life is very fast-paced and we learn to do everything fast & efficient. BUT one thing about asian men is, they tend to give in to their partners too much & let their partners step all over them.

When we want something, we earn money & get it ourselves. I don't expect my partner to give me expensive stuff. I love giving him surprises and be sweet. And i'm extremely loyal. I've already got the best, why would i go searching for someone else? The grass is always greener on the other side, because its often filled with bull****.

This right here goes against the American mindset (from both men and women).

Also, "Asia" is very broad. If you are from a country with fast-paced lifestyle, I'm guessing you're either from South Korea, Japan, or one of the major cities in China. Am I right?

lollipopspot

In the US, a woman that is height-weight proportional will have her choice of men.

That's ridiculously untrue. Although what you are really saying with that statement is that your fellow man is very shallow and values appearance above all else, which doesn't say much for men.

• Like 1
  • Author
That's ridiculously untrue. Although what you are really saying with that statement is that your fellow man is very shallow and values appearance above all else, which doesn't say much for men.

Your fellow woman is worse. Only want the top 20% most attractive, high status men.

Okay, so all of the men that are height-weight proportional should be dating fat women (who can't be bothered to keep in shape themselves)?

Being skinny is easy. Just exercise more than you eat. Simple.

• Like 1

I'm height weight proportional and do not even remotely have my pick of men. I was single for 6 years, could not get dates, wasn't being approached and was getting rejected when I made an approach. Nor do I go after that top 20%. I like average guys.

Having a vagina isn't some magical secret weapon, lol.

• Like 2

That's a shame. We wouldn't have to be so concerned about being assaulted, if it were.

edit. Oh, you were talking about a different sort of weapon. :laugh::o

• Like 1
I'm height weight proportional and do not even remotely have my pick of men. I was single for 6 years, could not get dates, wasn't being approached and was getting rejected when I made an approach. Nor do I go after that top 20%. I like average guys.

I like your mindset. Many people would wonder how would you not get dates or get rejected because you're not bad looking. But i fully understand why. It's not that we are picky or so, but it's because we just didnt meet the right guy yet! I've been rejected far much more, especially that i'm counted tall/big size for an asian. I'm certainly NOT OVERWEIGHT but according to our standards, anything that is "above average" = FAT. I like average guys, nice guys. Guys who appreciate us. Not cool handsome douche.

• Like 1
This right here goes against the American mindset (from both men and women).

Also, "Asia" is very broad. If you are from a country with fast-paced lifestyle, I'm guessing you're either from South Korea, Japan, or one of the major cities in China. Am I right?

Hmm i don't understand. How are the typical american mindset then?

Yeah i live in the city. From where i am, China have a very bad reputation. They are often seen as materialistic and home-wreckers. I don't judge them. Everywhere that we go, there would be some black sheeps.

How do they know I'm/your foreign?

hehe... You're near/in a hotel? Speak with an accent? Ask for directions? Tell them? Your host tells them? You have a foreign license plate on your car? Have a different look or style of clothing?

And then you did OLD for 5 minutes and were able to find a guy that you liked.

If you did OLD for the past 6 years, you never would have been single. Most men don't have that luxury.

• Like 1
That's a shame. We wouldn't have to be so concerned about being assaulted, if it were.

edit. Oh, you were talking about a different sort of weapon. :laugh::o

You don't have to be concerned about being assaulted at all. The incidence of things like that are a myth perpetuated by a fear-driven society.

Hmm i don't understand. How are the typical american mindset then?

Yeah i live in the city. From where i am, China have a very bad reputation. They are often seen as materialistic and home-wreckers. I don't judge them. Everywhere that we go, there would be some black sheeps.

The typical American does not place loyalty in high regards. There is rampant cheating here and when the going gets tough, people get divorces. Western culture lack loyalty and morality.

In the US, a nice person with good values (and no tattoos) is considered a black sheep, whereas it seems like in your city, materialistic homewreckers are the black sheep (which is the way it should be).

• Like 1

There is a big difference between a western society and other non western societies.

The west doesn't have clear roles for men and women. So expectations are a mess. This leads to alot of male bashing and women bashing. Women get judged by society for being stay at home moms, or they get judged for being career women. Women can never win. Whereas men are brought up to provi de but then are expected to be all rounders.

In a non western society it's simple. Women stay home. Men stay out. Therefore their roles are defined. They are restricted. Everybody knows what everybody is doing. Men and women have that specific training from birth.

It is so easy to lean on stereotype. But I believe men and women experience disadvantage and abuse in both settings. It's so narrowminded to see a whole gender as flawed . Says alot about your mentality and how you asses life with your "I've bedded the rainbow therefore I know more" - you don't know everything. It's impossible.

If all you want is a woman who enjoys ironing and cooking just for you - than marry someone who loves you. Or love someone for themselves and not their inability to cook or iron.

Just as a man can be a deadbeat so can women. But the notion that all American women might be deatbeats

SummerDreams

I'm wondering why American men are so surprised with a woman who is taking care of her house and her husband. How are women there? Don't they clean the house? Don't they cook?

I used to know a guy from the Netherlands and I asked him once how he would feel if his wife would not work and be a housewife. He started yelling "I can't work 10+ hours for her and her doing only 2 hours of laundry and cleaning" and this reaction just surprised me. Do men want their wife to work or not? (I know I'm kind of off topic).

leavesonautumn
I'm wondering why American men are so surprised with a woman who is taking care of her house and her husband. How are women there? Don't they clean the house? Don't they cook?

I used to know a guy from the Netherlands and I asked him once how he would feel if his wife would not work and be a housewife. He started yelling "I can't work 10+ hours for her and her doing only 2 hours of laundry and cleaning" and this reaction just surprised me. Do men want their wife to work or not? (I know I'm kind of off topic).

It drives me crazy when people assume that all housewives are lazy (yes, I'm sure there are some but I highly doubt it's the majority). My sister in law's sister takes care of her 3 daughters (4,5 and 8) and cleans the house. Her job is literally 24/7. Her job does not end, she does not get to relax at the end of it and yet, her husband will still make jabs at her that he's the one working and she does nothing. She does work, part-time at a restaraunt. She works her ass off and is an amazing mom! Her husband actually works 1 month out, 2 weeks in. So she is often taking care of the girls by herself and when he is home, he's out with friends.

I can't even imagine what that kind of life would be like. I'm single, work full-time and live alone. Sometimes that alone stresses me out but at least I get to come home and relax or spend time with friends. Personally, I do not want to be a housewife but I have respect for women that do.

• Like 1
WasOtherWoman

It is my humble opinion, that, in this day and age no one should EVER give up their ability to support themselves. Just a bad, bad idea.....

• Like 1
And then you did OLD for 5 minutes and were able to find a guy that you liked.

If you did OLD for the past 6 years, you never would have been single. Most men don't have that luxury.

I'm grateful for OLD, but if it weren't for that, and I'd had no choice but to try to date the traditional way, I'd likely still be single and confused.

• Author

You guys have it in your heads that that all eastern women are stay at home moms. That's really not true and not what I was looking to hear when I made this thread.

• Like 1

Afternoon folks,

Let's keep the discussion on western men seeking foreign wives without forays into other relationship dynamics or using this thread, and forum, as a dating or hookup site. We have a private messaging system for one-on-one contacts.

Thanks!

leavesonautumn
You guys have it in your heads that that all eastern women are stay at home moms. That's really not true and not what I was looking to hear when I made this thread.

Sorry Jay, didn't mean to go off topic, my post was not directed at you just a reply to someone else.

P.S I think your twin lives here in Canada, there's a guy who takes the same bus as me and I had to do a double take with your picture.

• Like 1
SawtoothMars
Why do we never hear women complaining that there are no eligible bachelors because they all are seeking to marry foreign women? I do hear that there are alot of men marrying Asian women but I hear this from men not women. Women don't seem to be bothered by it at all. Just because a man has money does not mean he is attractive to all women. The only ones who seem to care about the money are gold diggers. Most women want a man they are highly attracted to and that doesn't necessarily include his money. American women are educating themselves so they do not have to depend on a man for money and alot have rewarding careers. The upper class men you describe that marry the foreign brides are obviously not that desirable or they wouldn't have to go to other countries to wed. American women would be available to them if they were. American women are highly desired and that's why they don't have a problem if men want to travel to other countries to explore foreign women. Oh, not to mention not all women these days want to be a mother.

It is stupid to assume that a guy who goes elsewhere to find a wife does so because he can't find one here. It's like saying women buy Gucci shoes because they can't afford a pair at Walmart.

Women here in the states are generally speaking VERY easy to get.

Also... we have some fairly reliable studies that show 78% of single American women ranked "having a good job" as their top concern when looking for a husband.