Are women ever really single anymore? like single single

• Author
You made two threads bashing women. I think the women around you are bad examples.

Bashing?

Is it bashing to accurately share my true life experiences? Lol ok.

The man they are marrying is the man in the wings.

Haven't you seen the OP write of being in what he thought were R's with women who turned out to be married?

???

Ive never hooked up with married chicks dude. Either you misinterpreted my OP or you have me mixed up with someone else.

• Like 1
  • Author
Because it is true. More women are relationship minded than men, mostly because men can get away with a slutty lifestyle free of judgment. ALso, our society still thinks a woman without a man is worthless but a man without a woman isnt (George Clooney and spinster are terms used for the same situation...notice how one is positive and one is degrading?)

Women are more relationship minded?

hahahahhahaa you still believe that.

Dude, myself and many guys will tell you that just as many women are trying to hook up as guys. They just are good at hiding that truth.

Women fake wanting a relationship too so they wont look like skanks in public. Experienced men will tell you that quite a few women do this.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 2

Dude, myself and many guys will tell you that just as many women are trying to hook up as guys. They just are good at hiding that truth.

Women fake wanting a relationship too so they wont look like skanks in public. Experienced men will tell you that quite a few women do this.

What??? Not discounting your experience, but I've never seen this.

I know that a huge segment of women avoid casual sex, mostly because they've tried it in the past and found it to be a negative experience.

If you feel surrounded by women who are trying to hook up, maybe that describes your demographic, ie. the women you surround yourself with. The women who aren't looking to hoop up avoid those demographics.

You have a point on that one. I worked at a bar and you won't believe how many engaged women were with other men there.

• Like 1
If they are into you, they will make themselves single.

This is a very good point! If I go even on a first date with a guy that I feel *really* into and think we can be serious, I would probably not even talk to other guys let alone sleep with them. But it often doesn't happen this fast for people.

I still think you are too insecure Kaylan. You make way too many threads about this crap. There are better things out there to get yourself obsessed about.

I think that there are a lot of women who are truly single, but a lot of them probably don't talk much about it because it doesn't fit the current social norm that you have to be experimenting and casually testing the waters. That was never my thing. When I'm single, I'm really single.

Oh yes there are truly single, single women out there. I have often wondered the same thing about women AND men lately. I tried multi-dating (no sex) recently but I just kinda felt like it was wrong although I wasn't doing anything to feel guilty for I still did. I understand what you are saying Kaylan, I don't want to be in a sexual relationship with someone who is giving it to other ladies. Evagisele has a good point, it's common practice to have multiple casual relationships nowadays. I probably sound like a stick in the mud but it's not a good way to find "the one" it's just become the new normal.

I agree with this.

There are people (men and women) obsessed with the BBD, and "getting theirs", or having fun.....and then there are people who genuinely look to connect, give and get, and be a partner. Those in the latter group become rarer as time goes on, as they are mostly in relationships--leaving the appearance that "all men/women" are obsessed with the former.

I'm going to two weddings in 2014. Both of the brides are in their late 20s. There is no one in the wings. These women are in love! :love:

The one reason I would not encourage men to marry young is because women before 30 these days catch GIGs very often. Marrying young is just not a good idea anymore.

• Like 2
Bashing?

Is it bashing to accurately share my true life experiences? Lol ok.

???

Ive never hooked up with married chicks dude. Either you misinterpreted my OP or you have me mixed up with someone else.

Haven't you had married chicks try to hook up with you. Plus women who had boyfriends, plus women who were all "were just friends" who then tried to put the moves on you? I could swear I read that somewhere...

Esoteric Elf
I mean like really single, by themselves, not seeing anyone at all.

Seems for the longest time, that most girls I meet or know as friends, even if they are single, they are hooking up with someone, casually seeing someone, or talking to someone new. I mean, a lot of girls wont generally admit it, but having good chick friends is an eye opener into the lives of certain women.

Its a rarity to see guys have the same sort of single life. And tbh, it makes me expect a girl I take interest in to already have a dude on the side. I mean it seems like even the goodie goodie girls I know are weighing options around them.

eye opener really.

Yeah, I suppose so. The difference in guys who are single being difficult to find is that those guys, like myself, tend not to be as desirable. Since men still do the lion's share of the work in terms of secruing DSR, women may say that there are no single men out there, when, in reality, they probably haven't looked appreciably...they just have not been approached by men as that.

• Like 1
Seems pretty unrealistically extreme

Yeah but you will be surprised how many women who has kids, barely making it working part time at Walmart, etc etc who only wants a man who has a car, his own place, a good amount of income.

In essence, a guy who is superior than her in almost every way. When dealing with that, I simply got no chance unless I start being a player.

• Like 2
Yeah but you will be surprised how many women who has kids, barely making it working part time at Walmart, etc etc who only wants a man who has a car, his own place, a good amount of income.

In essence, a guy who is superior than her in almost every way. When dealing with that, I simply got no chance unless I start being a player.

No one human being is ever superior to another. Period.

• Like 3
No one human being is ever superior to another. Period.

Tell that to the women I am working with who is doing the same dead end job I am doing.

It sure makes dating utterly pointless for me. Now I got so emotionless that I can't even smile naturally anymore.

fortyninethousand322
Yeah, I suppose so. The difference in guys who are single being difficult to find is that those guys, like myself, tend not to be as desirable. Since men still do the lion's share of the work in terms of secruing DSR, women may say that there are no single men out there, when, in reality, they probably haven't looked appreciably...they just have not been approached by men as that.

Exactly. There are plenty of single men out there. They just aren't very good catches. At least according to most women.

• Like 1
PinkInTheLimo
I think that there are a lot of women who are truly single, but a lot of them probably don't talk much about it because it doesn't fit the current social norm that you have to be experimenting and casually testing the waters. That was never my thing. When I'm single, I'm really single.

I will add something. If you are an older woman like in your forties or fifties, being single comes with a stigma. A lot of people presume all kind of things about you without knowing you: you are too picky, you should not have dismissed the good guys when you are younger (this one makes me scream, do they seriously think that I am so stupid that I would not have noticed a good guy?), you are a workaholic, etc... Bottomline, you are single so something is wrong with you.

This is especially true is you have never been married and don't have kids. Then you become a real paria. And oh, if you are like I am reasonable attractive, it's even more suspicious.

So no, I am not making a lot of publicity about being single. Because I want to avoid annoying questions and remarks.

PinkInTheLimo
Common sense should know that if a woman is average or better, she has options, more than her counterpart.

And who says that because someone has options they feel the need to explore all these options?

An option for me is a guy I really love and who really loves me. So if there would be other guys interested in me I would not consider them an option because I would not feel about them the same way.

I guess I function in a very simple way but once a guy is the one for me that automatically removes all my interest in other guys. So they are no longer options...

I will add something. If you are an older woman like in your forties or fifties, being single comes with a stigma. A lot of people presume all kind of things about you without knowing you: you are too picky, you should not have dismissed the good guys when you are younger (this one makes me scream, do they seriously think that I am so stupid that I would not have noticed a good guy?), you are a workaholic, etc... Bottomline, you are single so something is wrong with you.

This is especially true is you have never been married and don't have kids. Then you become a real paria. And oh, if you are like I am reasonable attractive, it's even more suspicious.

So no, I am not making a lot of publicity about being single. Because I want to avoid annoying questions and remarks.

Much of this applies to men. Just change 40 to 50.

• Like 1
PinkInTheLimo
This is so true. I work with mostly married women and one in particular is about my age. She is very attractive and can get me to do just about anything for her - and I do it very well almost exclusively because of my attraction towards her.

She flirts a bit but we both know it will never happen. I still don't mind the attention. I guess that makes me a sucker.

You should give the attention you give to her to a woman that is really single. But guess what, there is a good chance that you are attracted to that married woman just because you can't get her. Maybe you cannot be attracted to a woman who is single (and don't tell me that single women are not attractive, there are many who are as attractive or more attractive to married woman).

I hate married women like the one you describe. I know them, I've met them. They need ALL the attention, cannot stand to share it a bit.

I've been in social settings where I got a bit of attention of a guy (and it was probably clear that it flattered me), only to have some married viper rush in and divert his attention to her. Since I am a rather shy and discrete person, I am not going to engage in a counterattack. The problem is also that most men are too weak to stand up to such a woman. One moment you have a connection with a guy, next thing you now married viper has kidnapped him. Moment of connection gone...

theothersully
.....and then there are people who genuinely look to connect, give and get, and be a partner. Those in the latter group become rarer as time goes on:

I'm trying to find these. There appear to be very few in the world at any age group.

Of course there are "single single" women. All over the planet. But those who don't want to be single anymore are often shy, as most "single single" men with the same desire. So what options do they have to meet each other? I have no precise idea. One of them has to have the guts to make the first step, maybe.

Copelandsanity
Of course there are "single single" women. All over the planet. But those who don't want to be single anymore are often shy, as most "single single" men with the same desire. So what options do they have to meet each other? I have no precise idea. One of them has to have the guts to make the first step, maybe.

I believe this is true.

My ex-wife had several female friends that were "single single" and they were attractive, smart, grounded, successful. They would lament being single and the idea of being alone forever. The challenge is how anyone would meet or get to know them. They're not out in bars and clubs. They're not doing hobbies where they're surrounded by men. Once you're out of school, it's more difficult to meet someone unless you're putting yourself out there.

• Like 3

Pink, I make no such assumptions, nor do the other men my age that I know of. I think that' assumption is more often made by other women, not us guys. At least, those of us that are still single make no such assumption. Otherwise, the same assumptions would apply to us :)

I'm single, very single I flirt with men for fun and to get a bit of attention but there's no one in my bedroom at night

The one reason I would not encourage men to marry young is because women before 30 these days catch GIGs very often. Marrying young is just not a good idea anymore.

The only 20 something women catching GIGS are with older men who think they are compatible with 20 somethings... Of course those men get dumped or GIG'd.

I don't see this happening with similar age couples. None of the women in my family caught GIGS and all of them married before 30 to men within a few years age.

Same with my friends. I'm the outlier among my friends and family. But I'm an outlier in a lot of ways.

The good news is the guy I'm talking to on OLD is my age exactly. Another plus.

I'm flat out rejecting anyone who is more than 4 or 5 years older than me. Even among those, I reject the ones who are hypocritical about it. If they don't include women at least 4-5 years older than them, I also have no reason to talk to them. Don't care how much money they have or what they look like.