Girlfriend died a few months ago and now her parents are trying to take my son...

Pasco08

• Author
Hurtful, tiresome and frustrating. I'll bet they do ask.

Odd how most people would be totally unprepared for your answer.

Most are they give me that odd look. I got it a lot at the Gators game. But My son just flashes em that smile and they instantly change the subject lol.

• Like 1

Tiz the season. Of course he's developing a cough, some other Charlie Brown @ daycare has the same cough. The viral crud moves through their group in waves. Kids that age are in the process of building their immune systems.

You made plans for dinner tomorrow, logic dictates that the cough begins tonight.

In all likely hood he'll be fine for dinner.

Ask daycare what symptoms are displaying this week.

Best of outcomes tomorrow. Listen more than talk. Not so easy when facing what you are. We'll be looking forward to your update.

• Author

Thanks i hope he is fin for dinner dam daycare getting my boy sick =/. Hope Grandparents don't take it out on me tomorrow night.

Thanks i hope he is fin for dinner dam daycare getting my boy sick =/. Hope Grandparents don't take it out on me tomorrow night.

Instead of going out for dinner, invite them to your house for dinner. if you have time, cook something or order in. This way, they get to see you with your son and also if your son is sick, not good for him to be in a restaurant.

• Author
Instead of going out for dinner, invite them to your house for dinner. if you have time, cook something or order in. This way, they get to see you with your son and also if your son is sick, not good for him to be in a restaurant.

Well as i woke up and checked on him and he isn't coughing anymore.

• Like 1
I am supposed to meet them for dinner tomorrow and i will be taking him. We will probably talk and see if we can figure this out.

I hope dinner goes well :)

You are doing so good under all this pressure. Best of luck and please tell us all about it.

Pascoe, I'm sorry for all of you that the dinner did not go well.

As a parent I cannot imagine losing my child and can understand their desperation to want to cement themselves into their grandchilds life. As a parent I cannot imagine anyone trying to take my child from me .

It's all so terrible and sad. You mentioned that your lawyer suggested the grandparents want visitation. Is there a problem with them having visitation? They probably want it made legal just so they don't disappear from the child's life as you move on. But for them go to court for custody...in hopes of getting visitation...it's just very ugly.

Before your gf died were the three of you living together?

Not well from your perspective. Are they persistent in criticism about your work v daycare v parenting time?

Are you disappointed or frustrated and angry?

The lawyers can intervene in communication. All is not lost by one dinner debacle. They saw their grandson. Take a deep breath.

LS folks are great listeners and you can vent here. Fear is your greatest foe right now.

• Like 1

Oh wow~the aggressive baby boy grab huh?

Write notes while this is fresh in your mind. Eventually you can share these w your lawyer. Often times face to face contact w folks having delusions of power is ill advised. You attempted to man up, do the right thing, it's over now.

It sounds to me as if theses folks are filled with anxiety. Barely able to hold it together.

I'm really sorry you had to experience this. Was your son crying?

Feel your disappointment and anger.

• Like 1
Criticizing everything and tried to kidnap my kid i am not a happy camper.

WTF? They tried to kidnap your child?

Time to get that lawyer. And, if you allow them to visit your baby again, YOUR parents must be there too. No more visiting them alone.

They have no rights to take away your child, let alone try to kidnap him! WTF is wrong with these people? I know they are hurting from the loss of their daughter, maybe they need grief counseling to help cope with it..But by reacting out like that and doing something so stupid and illegal, attempting to kidnap their own grandchild is nuts.

They can criticize all they want, just words .. You can ignore.. But the rest, you can't. They have issues and the next time they try to do that, IF there's a next time, call the cops.

• Like 4
  • Author
Oh wow~the aggressive baby boy grab huh?

Write notes while this is fresh in your mind. Eventually you can share these w your lawyer. Often times face to face contact w folks having delusions of power is ill advised. You attempted to man up, do the right thing, it's over now.

It sounds to me as if theses folks are filled with anxiety. Barely able to hold it together.

I'm really sorry you had to experience this. Was your son crying?

Feel your disappointment and anger.

Yeah my son was hysterical Sorry didn't update last night had to comfort him.

WTF? They tried to kidnap your child?

Time to get that lawyer. And, if you allow them to visit your baby again, YOUR parents must be there too. No more visiting them alone.

They have no rights to take away your child, let alone try to kidnap him! WTF is wrong with these people? I know they are hurting from the loss of their daughter, maybe they need grief counseling to help cope with it..But by reacting out like that and doing something so stupid and illegal, attempting to kidnap their own grandchild is nuts.

They can criticize all they want, just words .. You can ignore.. But the rest, you can't. They have issues and the next time they try to do that, IF there's a next time, call the cops.

As i live in Florida and My parents live in DC i think that might be hard to accomplish. I will be telling my Lawyer everything today.

Yeah my son was hysterical Sorry didn't update last night had to comfort him.

What happened exactly? Are there witnesses by any chance?

• Author
What happened exactly? Are there witnesses by any chance?

As we were leaving i was paying the bill and my son ran over or rather his attempt to run over and give his Grandma a hug and she picked him up and they tried to put him into there car and drive off well there were a bunch of witnesses and such and i was able to stop them before they could.

• Like 2
As we were leaving i was paying the bill and my son ran over or rather his attempt to run over and give his Grandma a hug and she picked him up and they tried to put him into there car and drive off well there were a bunch of witnesses and such and i was able to stop them before they could.

Bloody hell. No misunderstandings there nor miscontruing what happened. I'm very sorry, this must have been so traumatic, completely crazy.

It should certainly help with your case though - that's the silver lining.

• Like 1

once they tried putting your son in their car without your permission that is called kidnapping. These people should know better. Now their chances are even slimmer. I asked one of my friends who is going to law school here in florida and he says that there is no way that the court will grant them custody, just visitation. you are not an unfit parent in any way just because you work and he has to go to daycare.

• Like 3

Wow, I am sorry you have to go through all this BS with your deceased girlfriend's parents. :(

• Author

I am thinking about Flying up north with my son for Christmas but his grandparents down here wanna see him on Christmas and have dropped there legal proceedings against me and everything.

I am thinking about Flying up north with my son for Christmas but his grandparents down here wanna see him on Christmas and have dropped there legal proceedings against me and everything.

They tried to kidnap him! I think you should stay away from them.

• Author
They tried to kidnap him! I think you should stay away from them.

Thats what i have been thinking as well. Just don't wanna be the bad guy

• Like 2