Girlfriend died a few months ago and now her parents are trying to take my son...

Pasco08

• Author

I was doing 60 in a 65 on my way home after picking up my son from daycare and some old guy went straight through light and hit me and my Expedition flipped a few times son wasn't hurt at all but i didn't fare so great.

OMG the scenario of your most recent tragic loss. I cannot imagine your emotional reaction. I'm so sorry to hear this. Now my thoughts turn to whom you had for childcare?

How are you now both physically & psychologically.

• Author

The one girl she took care of him. Physically i am pretty tore up but home and so she is staying with me for a bit to help me and such.

I am starting to have nigh terrors or so i am told and just horrid nightmares.

Glad to hear you arranged for her to assist. Night terrors does not surprise me. I'm sorry to hear about your continued misery however. This problem won't last forever. At some level your mind is processing all that you've experienced.

Now you've got physical pain and emotional pain which may help you move forward at a quicker pace.

Have you considered some therapy to help with PTSD? Several effective treatments other than talk therapy are effective.

http://emdr-therapy.com/

• Like 1
  • Author

Can't really focus on that quite yet. Have broken ribs and a broken ankle and some other crap i am trying to nurse through :/.

Ouch! Thankfully you can benefit from good weather. I can imagine pain, hobbling and an active toddler boy. Of course your current focus is recovery.

Are you able to drive?

I'm really sorry you're in this painful, inconvenient and stressful situation.

• Author

No i can't drive right now not with the pain meds i am on. Not to mention my son has been such a handful for some reason.

For some reason! Hah yeah like you're a mess and daily life is different. I get what you are saying. He'll bounce back. Kids his age are often 3-5 smooth sailing months merging into 3-4 trying months. It's really about their development tasks n mastery. They master, they move along in development, kinda fall apart, regroup, master newly developed skills and rinse n repeat.

You're a first time daddy and it's all new. He's not trying to annoy you! He seeks attention, comfort n reassurance, doing tasks himself when he can. Toddlers enjoy making choices. So it's not about do you want lunch, it's about do you choose A or B? It's all about running and his favorite picture books.

Hang in there, ribs and ankles eventually heal.

• Author

I hope so. And i suppose its just development i mean i don't know he is just testing all kinds of buttons lately and just pushing the boundaries he used to never push ever! My parents are flying in on Tuesday and gonna stay about a week. My doctor thinks i may need surgery.

My girlfriend and I had been together since high school well she died a few months ago in a car wreck and we had a one year old son together. I have a great job and such. But now my girlfriends parents are coming after me and wants custody of my kid I don’t understand this and frankly it makes me angry because I let them see him whenever they want but that isn’t enough apparently. Can they really do this? Take my son away from me? I don’t know what I would do if I lost my son as well. Has anyone dealt with this? What should I do? They are claiming they have rights to him. I do have a Lawyer.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all you have/are going through. I have not read your thread, although a first response would be that this is a cruel and sadistic act demonstrated by what you said in OP. I'm sure they have their reasons though, right or wrong.

It depends on the judge, and how many connections they have...although typically, I don't think they can take him from you if everything is on the up and up...you are the maternal father, and that holds much water my friend...

• Author

The girl that has been helping me thinks were dating now and she wants to introduce myself and my son to her parents over dinner :/

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Sorry i haven't updated been busy with things and my son was in the hospital as well as myself. And things got bumpy with that girl.

My doctor thinks i may need surgery.

Did you need the surgery? I was hoping you would report back to let us know how things have been going.

Sorry about that girl - maybe it is time to stay away from potential new relationships until your child is older?

• Author
Did you need the surgery? I was hoping you would report back to let us know how things have been going.

Sorry about that girl - maybe it is time to stay away from potential new relationships until your child is older?

Yes i did. And i have been thinking about it just don't want to be alone and thats why i have been considering moving back home.