My first second interview of my life. What to expect?

• Author
Keep them on your radar, that sounds great.

Well if I get lucky and somehow get the job I know for a fact I;m celebrating at the place below

"The Nudie Bar"

LOL

• Author

Well I woke up on a rainy friday morning feeling kind of down and was on my way to the kitchen to fix some lunch when I heard my cell phone ringing

And then I said to myself...."who would be calling me on my cell at 10:30am in the morning?" Turns out it was the women who wanted to bring me in for a second interview and it has now been scheduled for next Thursday at 11am.

So I feel a lot better that the week ended on a positive note especially unlike last Friday when a interview was cancelled especially since it's a RAINY FRIDAYY lol.

Now I can get ready to start my weekend and have dinner with my family later.

See!?!?!?

And there you were, ready to throw in the towel again, Dude!

You really need to take a step back and stop being so dramatic and polarized in all of this.

• Author
See!?!?!?

And there you were, ready to throw in the towel again, Dude!

You really need to take a step back and stop being so dramatic and polarized in all of this.

I now know just to have a "whatever happens" approach in regards to this job because this has been a very unique hiring process. It almost feels like dating, when I lose interest they call and when I show interest they seem to not be available. lol

So just like I don't take dating seriously I will have the same approach to this job opportunity.

We have talked about this before and I don't think you should equate it to dating. What you have experienced is *not* unique (and I have given you numerous examples), but it is unique to YOU.

You do, however, need to continue taking it very seriously - just don't set yourself up for expecting the process to always be the same and putting on the Drama Queen ball gown when it is different than what you are used to.

• Like 2
  • Author

Well I was able to get through the rest of the day without another interview cancellation so the interview is set for now. Not to say it can't be cancelled on Mon Tue, or Wed but I will see what happens.

So I ease into the weekend on a positive note. Have a great weekend everyone

Edited by PhillyDude
  • Author
I only came on here because a friend said I might be interested in this dude's thinking about employment (and dating). More because I'm an employer and she was curious about what I'd think. Not the dating bit but it all ties in when he compares dating experiences to an employment search. More I read more I know he's so way out there. Never encountered anybody so set in his ways and he won't answer questions either.

Still want to know why he thinks he's OK to February when extended unemployment ends in December but asked him twice I think and he won't answer. Still curious about why 10 months have gone by and he's apparently done nothing to further his education in the field to make him more attractive as a candidate.

You said, "we have talked about this before" but obvious he doesn't listen. Not sure why he even starts up a discussion like this when his mind's so set from the getgo. Guess he just likes the attention.

The non profits continue to fail and fold as state and federal funding is cut back but the OP is stuck in some sort of time warp both practically and emotionally. He needs some serious counseling in several areas in my opinion but seems to me this is a lost cause.

Do you think I;m going to come on a public message board and let a bunch of strangers know my UC situation. Don't worry about why I will be fine until Feb. You appear to be on medication

I only came on here because a friend said I might be interested in this dude's thinking about employment (and dating). More because I'm an employer and she was curious about what I'd think. Not the dating bit but it all ties in when he compares dating experiences to an employment search. More I read more I know he's so way out there. Never encountered anybody so set in his ways and he won't answer questions either.

Still want to know why he thinks he's OK to February when extended unemployment ends in December but asked him twice I think and he won't answer. Still curious about why 10 months have gone by and he's apparently done nothing to further his education in the field to make him more attractive as a candidate.

You said, "we have talked about this before" but obvious he doesn't listen. Not sure why he even starts up a discussion like this when his mind's so set from the getgo. Guess he just likes the attention.

The non profits continue to fail and fold as state and federal funding is cut back but the OP is stuck in some sort of time warp both practically and emotionally. He needs some serious counseling in several areas in my opinion but seems to me this is a lost cause.

Maybe he thinks he can use his first and last month's security deposit, as rent payments for January and February. I don't see unemployment being extended.

• Author
Maybe he thinks he can use his first and last month's security deposit, as rent payments for January and February. I don't see unemployment being extended.

I'm not on extended benefits I'm on a new claim

• Author
How many weeks does PA allow?

I'm not getting into all that because it has nothing to do with the thread topic

It's relevant to the thread topic because you brought it up yourself in post number 16. I am curious because you say you've been unemployed since the beginning of 2012. I don't see how you can be on a new claim now after collecting all that time. Why be so defensive about something which is of interest to others? The Federal government has been kicking in for extensions since states ran out of money so MY money (and every other taxpayers' contributions) is now supporting you. If you had been employed all this time wouldn't you be asking the same question?

What sort of medication do I "appear to be on"?

PA Unemployment is 26 weeks. Even if Philly Dude reopened a claim from a previous job loss, he still wouldn't have a full 52 weeks.

If I were king, I wouldn't allow an old claim from a previous job to be reopened. Twenty six weeks, is twenty six weeks, use it or lose it.

• Author
PA Unemployment is 26 weeks. Even if Philly Dude reopened a claim from a previous job loss, he still wouldn't have a full 52 weeks.

If I were king, I wouldn't allow an old claim from a previous job to be reopened. Twenty six weeks, is twenty six weeks, use it or lose it.

Are you just here to bash the unemployed? I thought you were here to give advice?

Are you just here to bash the unemployed? I thought you were here to give advice?

I'm bashing the system. You want advice, but fail to tell us the full story. You are will to take and not give. You don't want to explain how you can collect benefits all the way to February.

• Author
I'm bashing the system. You want advice, but fail to tell us the full story. You are will to take and not give. You don't want to explain how you can collect benefits all the way to February.

Because it's none of your business or no one else's. I just wanted to discuss the interview issue and that's it. Like I told my mother, let me worry about the expiration of the UC benefits since it's no one else's problem but mine. I mentioned that I'm receiving UC benefits but definitely not going to get into when they end since it's confidential information.

Edited by PhillyDude
Because it's none of your business or no one else's. I just wanted to discuss the interview issue and that's it. Like I told my mother, let me worry about the expiration of the UC benefits since it's no one else's problem but mine.

As a tax payer, unemployment benefits have become my business, as well as any American paying taxes, including your mom. You have become very defensive, is there something you are hiding?

• Author
As a tax payer, unemployment benefits have become my business, as well as any American paying taxes, including your mom. You have become very defensive, is there something you are hiding?

No it seems like you want to countdown to the end of my UC so i can fail and be homeless. Would that make you feel better?

No it seems like you want to countdown to the end of my UC so i can fail and be homeless. Would that make you feel better?

No, homelessness would be a result of your actions not mine.

All I did was ask you to explain how you arrived at that extended time table, being PA has a 26 week benefit plan. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

• Author
No, homelessness would be a result of your actions not mine.

All I did was ask you to explain how you arrived at that extended time table, being PA has a 26 week benefit plan. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

If i started a new claim in the summer then that's obviously the reason why the end of December is not important to me. Now can we drop this topic because I really don't want to get nasty

If i started a new claim in the summer then that's obviously the reason why the end of December is not important to me. Now can we drop this topic because I really don't want to get nasty

Even if you are combining an old claim with a new claim, collecting until February exceeds 52 weeks. Unless your old claim was longer than 26 weeks? This is like a riddle.

You don't want to get nasty? That ship has sailed.

• Author
Even if you are combining an old claim with a new claim, collecting until February exceeds 52 weeks. Unless your old claim was longer than 26 weeks? This is like a riddle.

You don't want to get nasty? That ship has sailed.

It's a new claim with 26 weeks.

I know a new claim is 26 weeks, as I looked it up in on the PA. site. He never answered my query regarding the length of his previous claim. You'd think he would be more forth coming about benefits to his mother, shortly he may be living under her roof.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
edited out previously deleted post
Abystarswoman
And yes, government jobs (all levels) seem to take the longest with the hiring process.

I work for the Federal government.

I first applied for my job in July of 2007 and didn't get an interview call until February of 2008. Then I had to take a drug test in March of 2008. At that point, they called me and said that I was on a "waiting list" (it was a gender-specific job and they needed more males than females at that time). So, I waited it out. I didn't get a callback until July of 2008, when I had to take another drug test due to the 90-day window closing. I was finally hired in mid-August of 2008, so all told - it took 13 months.

From what I understand, this is NOT abnormal. Government jobs (whether Federal, state, etc.) take forever. It's just the way of things.

While I waited, I took any job that I could just to support myself - check processing, administrative assistant, data entry. I held down jobs with awful hours (overnights), long hours (12+ a day), low pay, anything to keep my head above water. Now, that might seem like a waste of time to some, but what you get for working with the Federal government, it was worth the wait. I wouldn't work anywhere else now.

Just sayin'.