My first second interview of my life. What to expect?

• Author
You ask a lot of really basic questions for someone who's supposedly a job counselor by profession. What sort of people do you counsel?

I believe I stated I was always hired after 1 interview and was asking what to expect on a 2nd interview. I wanted to read about experiences which is why I didn't go to google

this is a very good, productive thread PhillyDude, glad you are not feeling too anxious by the sound of it

• Author
That does not answer the simple question I asked. If you are a professional job counselor then I think you would know about second interviews, what tie to wear and all that basic stuff. How can you help other people get jobs if you don't know all this stuff already?

I just reported you for harassment

• Author

Well I wasn't expecting this at all. What a shocking and sad ending to the weekend.

I got a call around 4pm when I went to the store from the woman who was going to interview me on Wednesday saying that she wants to change the time to 12pm. Then she left another message saying that she will get back to me in regards to the scheduling of the interview and to call her

So no f*cking interview, and here I scheduled a haircut for tomorrow which I;m about to cancel. And I was about to start preparing for the interview and to get that message was such a big let down.

The fact that is 4:32pm on a friday means she probably left and then is how I enter the weekend. So pissed off right now

Well I wasn't expecting this at all. What a shocking and sad ending to the weekend.

I got a call around 4pm when I went to the store from the woman who was going to interview me on Wednesday saying that she wants to change the time to 12pm. Then she left another message saying that she will get back to me in regards to the scheduling of the interview and to call her

So no f*cking interview, and here I scheduled a haircut for tomorrow which I;m about to cancel. And I was about to start preparing for the interview and to get that message was such a big let down.

The fact that is 4:32pm on a friday means she probably left and then is how I enter the weekend. So pissed off right now

Don't get too overworked. The fact that she still wants to talk to you says they are still interested. She didn't just call and say "I'll get back to you". Call her and leave a message.

• Author
Don't get too overworked. The fact that she still wants to talk to you says they are still interested. She didn't just call and say "I'll get back to you". Call her and leave a message.

Well just she called back before she went out the door and stated that she wants to interview me a second time with the Director and that will be on Thursday or Friday because that's the days the director is on site.

So I gave her my cell number and will look to hear from her sometime next week.

I still have to cancel the haircut because there is no set date.

I just reported you for harassment

That question was not any form of harassment; it was a legitimate question.

Seriously, Dude, you need to take a chill-pill or something. Getting royally pissed off when a woman calls to reschedule the interview? This does not bode well for being a well-minded employee...

• Like 2
  • Author
That question was not any form of harassment; it was a legitimate question.

Seriously, Dude, you need to take a chill-pill or something. Getting royally pissed off when a woman calls to reschedule the interview? This does not bode well for being a well-minded employee...

If I ignored the question to avoid a argument and it's asked again then that means the person is trolling.

And I was pissed before she called back because I thought I had a scheduled interview. I wasn't sure whether that was a creative way of saying I don't need to come in but I ended up finding out that wasn't the case.

If I ignored the question to avoid a argument and it's asked again then that means the person is trolling.

And I was pissed before she called back because I thought I had a scheduled interview. I wasn't sure whether that was a creative way of saying I don't need to come in but I ended up finding out that wasn't the case.

That's awful. How many of her calls did you miss? Too bad you weren't able to talk to her and get more information. Now you have to sit in limbo. Have you lined up any other job interviews?

• Author
That's awful. How many of her calls did you miss? Too bad you weren't able to talk to her and get more information. Now you have to sit in limbo. Have you lined up any other job interviews?

Well she called at 4pm and I was out and when I heard the messages the 1st one said the interview would be pushed back to 12pm. Then the second message said disregard the 1st message and she will contact me back

So I called back and left a message for her to call me and she called at 4:55pm before she left to let me know it will be on Thursday or Friday because she wants to interview me with the Director and those are the only days the director is on sight. So before I hung up I also gave my cell number in addition to my main number to contact me back next week to schedule.

So the good thing was getting in touch with her before the day ended

The Bad thing was like you said and have to sit around and wait to be contacted

No - it is asked again because you didn't respond and it was a legitimate question.

You get awfully angry and little things. Welcome to the corporate world; schedules change ALL THE TIME and not being fluid with someone else's schedule is not a good sign. Nothing to get pissed about - be glad you still have an interview.

• Author
No - it is asked again because you didn't respond and it was a legitimate question.

You get awfully angry and little things. Welcome to the corporate world; schedules change ALL THE TIME and not being fluid with someone else's schedule is not a good sign. Nothing to get pissed about - be glad you still have an interview.

I don't have a interview yet since I have to wait for a call back to be scheduled.

I don't have a interview yet since I have to wait for a call back to be scheduled.

You are missing my point that it is nothing to get pissed about...

• Author
You are missing my point that it is nothing to get pissed about...

Ok I was annoyed that I was scheduled for a interview and then have it rescheduled and no set date today.

If that happened on a Wednesday, I would be cool because It would be 2 days left in the week. I don't like a week ending like this because it falls into the "unproductive category"

Ok I was annoyed that I was scheduled for a interview and then have it rescheduled and no set date today.

If that happened on a Wednesday, I would be cool because It would be 2 days left in the week. I don't like a week ending like this because it falls into the "unproductive category"

Whatever, Dude...

Welcome to Life and the joys of unemployment.

• Author
Whatever, Dude...

Welcome to Life and the joys of unemployment.

The annoyance has wore off since I created this thread 7 hours ago. Just going to try and enjoy the weekend and be up at 9am on Monday with both phones on so I can be available.

The annoyance has wore off since I created this thread 7 hours ago. Just going to try and enjoy the weekend and be up at 9am on Monday with both phones on so I can be available.

Why can't you forward your home phone to ring to your cell phone so you won't miss a call if you happen to leave the house?

• Like 1
Why can't you forward your home phone to ring to your cell phone so you won't miss a call if you happen to leave the house?

Or, why isn't your cell phone listed on your resume? In this day-and-age, there is no excuse for missing phone calls...

• Author
You weren't by any chance getting a haircut when you missed those phone calls, were you?

Me missing the call is irrelevant because I already stated she called back before she left the office to update me on the interview schedule and that it will be on Thursday or Friday.

So it's just that there is no set interview date yet

• Author
Or, why isn't your cell phone listed on your resume? In this day-and-age, there is no excuse for missing phone calls...

The cell phone was on the resume at one point but it seemed like I never got any calls. So I removed it and put my home number which is when all the calls started coming.

And I have to disagree, even with your cell phone that doesn't mean you will always be available. I;m pretty sure I don't want to have a business conversation if I;m

on the toilet

in the grocery store line

in the shower

• Like 1
  • Author

Well it's usually a 5% chance I would receive a call on a Friday at 4pm or after so the message definitely surprised me.

• Like 1
The cell phone was on the resume at one point but it seemed like I never got any calls. So I removed it and put my home number which is when all the calls started coming.

And I have to disagree, even with your cell phone that doesn't mean you will always be available. I;m pretty sure I don't want to have a business conversation if I;m

on the toilet

in the grocery store line

in the shower

Those are some good points though. I'm sure you know EDD is less forgiving when it comes to those phone interviews for UC benefits. Ugh, I hated those. They schedule you an interview at their convenience and it's a pain to get ahold of them to reschedule if you cannot answer your phone during said times and if you miss the call, they will automatically disqualify you for benefits. The reason this irritated me, was often times I was in class during the scheduled interview time and one time my husband wasn't getting good enough cell reception, so the call automatically went to his voice mail. He actually had to call them and beg them to reschedule because he never got the call, just the voicemail due to lack of reception. To top it off, they give you a two hour timeframe and they called within the last 10 minutes. So if you need UC, you had better make sure to take that phone to the bathroom and wherever you go during that two hour scheduled interview time! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Author
Those are some good points though. I'm sure you know EDD is less forgiving when it comes to those phone interviews for UC benefits. Ugh, I hated those. They schedule you an interview at their convenience and it's a pain to get ahold of them to reschedule if you cannot answer your phone during said times and if you miss the call, they will automatically disqualify you for benefits. The reason this irritated me, was often times I was in class during the scheduled interview time and one time my husband wasn't getting good enough cell reception, so the call automatically went to his voice mail. He actually had to call them and beg them to reschedule because he never got the call, just the voicemail due to lack of reception. To top it off, they give you a two hour timeframe and they called within the last 10 minutes. So if you need UC, you had better make sure to take that phone to the bathroom and wherever you go during that two hour scheduled interview time! :laugh:

I'm not taking a phne in the bathroom