My first second interview of my life. What to expect?

Congrats on your second interview. I think you should be very grateful that the she mentioned she wanted you to interview with the Director. Not many places let you interview with the Director unless they are seriously looking to hire you.

Unless it's a small company with a director who likes to micro-manage.

• Like 3
Unless it's a small company with a director who likes to micro-manage.

Oh man, that sounds like my job! :laugh:

• Author
Congrats on your second interview. I think you should be very grateful that the she mentioned she wanted you to interview with the Director. Not many places let you interview with the Director unless they are seriously looking to hire you.

Even though I appreciate your congrats, try to hold off on that for now because as of now I don't even have a second interview. I;m still waiting to hear back from her about what is the new interview date.

So nothing so far today, just a bunch of telemarketing calls. The two times she did call me it was at 4pm so I;m thinking that whenever she does call back it may be during that time today.

And I can see myself slowly losing interest in this job because I don't want to keep playing this waiting game. Either you are interested or you are not interested. Not sure if this is a good sign I will hear back from her this week but she did ask for my cell number before she hung up on Friday.

...Are you sure you don't have OCD or something? Honest question.

This is the first time I've seen 'haircut' mentioned so many times in a job thread...

• Like 2
  • Author
...Are you sure you don't have OCD or something? Honest question.

This is the first time I've seen 'haircut' mentioned so many times in a job thread...

I mentioned the haircut because my last one was 5 weeks ago. So when I received the call on Friday saying she will contact me back, It was no point in scheduling a haircut when I don't know for sure if I will have a interview

What I hope doesn't happen is she calls me one day this week and says can I come in the next day.

I mentioned the haircut because my last one was 5 weeks ago. So when I received the call on Friday saying she will contact me back, It was no point in scheduling a haircut when I don't know for sure if I will have a interview

What I hope doesn't happen is she calls me one day this week and says can I come in the next day.

How much do you pay for a haircut? Most barbers aren't by appointment. Do you go to an upscale salon?

• Author
How much do you pay for a haircut? Most barbers aren't by appointment. Do you go to an upscale salon?

By barber is by appointment and I pay $25 to $30

By barber is by appointment and I pay $25 to $30

Woa, that's even more expensive than my $20 haircut and I am a woman with long hair! :eek: My husband pays $8! The most I've seen for a mens haircut is $12. You must get the works!

• Author
Woa, that's even more expensive than my $20 haircut and I am a woman with long hair! :eek: My husband pays $8! The most I've seen for a mens haircut is $12. You must get the works!

I do, cut, trim, shave, and the tip

I interview people all the time for professional positions, here is a key technique that is used in all behavioral interviews. It is called STAR - situation, task, action , result. The interviewer is looking for a detailed example,

So start, the situation was bob in the mail room needed xxxxxxx, my task was to xxxx, I took the following actionsxxxx, the result was xxx, they will ask question on the way, did you have to overcome someones objections, how did you do this?

Just prepare yourself, if you can do this it shows a clarity of thought that is incredibly helpful and will get you hired, often interviewers will not tell you they are looking for this just to see if you can be clear and organized in your thinking. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Author
I interview people all the time for professional positions, here is a key technique that is used in all behavioral interviews. It is called STAR - situation, task, action , result. The interviewer is looking for a detailed example,

So start, the situation was bob in the mail room needed xxxxxxx, my task was to xxxx, I took the following actionsxxxx, the result was xxx, they will ask question on the way, did you have to overcome someones objections, how did you do this?

Just prepare yourself, if you can do this it shows a clarity of thought that is incredibly helpful and will get you hired, often interviewers will not tell you they are looking for this just to see if you can be clear and organized in your thinking. Good luck.

Lot has changed since I started this thread last Thursday. On Thursday morning the lady interviewing for a second time had her secretary call me and schedule the interview for wednesday. Then all of a sudden on Friday at 4pm the lady who I was scheduled to interview with called and said that the interview on wednesday will be rescheduled. So I got in touch with her and said she wants to interview me with the director on Thursday or Friday and will call me this week to set it up

So far this week, No call from her today so now comes Tuesday and have to see if she calls

I do, cut, trim, shave, and the tip

I guess that would make sense if you're factoring in tip. Are you saying you get a facial hair shave with that too? If so, that makes sense.

But honestly since you're unemployed, you should be getting the cheapest haircut possible. My husband has straight hair, so he usually just gets a trim and shave, which he can easily do himself. Even $8 seemed like a lot when he was jobless, so there were times my mom would cut his hair for free and it looked just as good!

• Like 2
  • Author
I guess that would make sense if you're factoring in tip. Are you saying you get a facial hair shave with that too? If so, that makes sense.

But honestly since you're unemployed, you should be getting the cheapest haircut possible. My husband has straight hair, so he usually just gets a trim and shave, which he can easily do himself. Even $8 seemed like a lot when he was jobless, so there were times my mom would cut his hair for free and it looked just as good!

I only go once a month. It was every 3 months back when i was first laid off because it was winter time. So after getting my cut in february, I didn't get my next one until May since it was cold outside.

Sounds like a incredibly disfunctional place to work, although I work for a multinational and we can be pretty bumpy occasionally, in all honesty this sounds like a much less formal interview than I am used to, I would still recommend brushing up on interview techniques. Panel interviews can be a bit tough.

• Author
Sounds like a incredibly disfunctional place to work, although I work for a multinational and we can be pretty bumpy occasionally, in all honesty this sounds like a much less formal interview than I am used to, I would still recommend brushing up on interview techniques. Panel interviews can be a bit tough.

Well I refuse to prepare until I get a call back with a new date. Something tells me if I don't hear anything tomorrow it's best to move on.

I felt it was kind of weird I was originally scheduled and then all of a sudden I have to be rescheduled

• Author
Dude your whole outlook is out there. Between the hair cut at the Trump price you can't afford when you're collecting unemployment, the shock at being called for an interview after two weeks and all the fuss about the rescheduling of the second interview (what's "weird about it?) and the whole suit and tie bit, you sound as if you need some professional help. And what's with all this moving on stuff? If you've been unemployed for close to a year you should be out on the streets all day long looking for work. Just because you get one little nibble at a job means zilch. Guess you're not getting many and sounds like when you do you get so wrapped up in it that you put all your hopes into it and stop looking for other opportunities. The more I read the stuff you write the more it sounds like you need some serious professional help. You say you're a job counselor of some sort. You might want to see one yourself Dude. A good one.

I don't give f*CK if I been unemployed for 4 years, it is possible for a job applicant to lose interest if they feel the company is playing games.

Well I refuse to prepare until I get a call back with a new date. Something tells me if I don't hear anything tomorrow it's best to move on.

I felt it was kind of weird I was originally scheduled and then all of a sudden I have to be rescheduled

You refuse to prepare...when you visit the barber, ask how much he would charge to cut off your nose to spite your face? Never mind, you've proven you can accomplish that task without help.

• Author
You refuse to prepare...when you visit the barber, ask how much he would charge to cut off your nose to spite your face? Never mind, you've proven you can accomplish that task without help.

I DON"T HAVE A INTERVIEW SCHEDULED? What am I preparing for?

I don't give f*CK if I been unemployed for 4 years, it is possible for a job applicant to lose interest if they feel the company is playing games.

Wow. 'Playing games'?? :confused: What do you think this is, online dating? I could empathize if your employers were mistreating you, providing horrible work environments, pushing you to do unpaid time... but rescheduling an interview causes you to 'lose interest' in the only prospective job you've had after 9 months of nothingness? :confused: I really, really hope your unemployment benefits are taken from you and given to people who are unwell and really need them.

• Author
Wow. 'Playing games'?? :confused: What do you think this is, online dating? I could empathize if your employers were mistreating you, providing horrible work environments, pushing you to do unpaid time... but rescheduling an interview causes you to 'lose interest' in the only prospective job you've had after 9 months of nothingness? :confused: I really, really hope your unemployment benefits are taken from you and given to people who are unwell and really need them.

Nothing was rescheduled, that's the point I think you are missing. It was scheduled and then I was called and told that she will call me back this week to schedule a new date. Now I have to sit around and wait for a phone call which is something I hate doing because it seems like the phone never rings in that situation.

So that is my frustration, I started this thread asking for tips about a 2nd interview and now it looks likr it may not even happen.

Yes, it can be frustrating but it is hardly something to throw a tantrum like a child over, and most certainly not a reason to 'lose interest' in the ONLY POTENTIAL JOB OFFER you have. Potential rescheduling is still way better than anything you have at this time, so you really only have two choices: Take it, or find one that is more suited to your liking.

• Author
Yes, it can be frustrating but it is hardly something to throw a tantrum like a child over, and most certainly not a reason to 'lose interest' in the ONLY POTENTIAL JOB OFFER you have. Potential rescheduling is still way better than anything you have at this time, so you really only have two choices: Take it, or find one that is more suited to your liking.

I;m not acting like a child I just stated it was no need to prepare for a interview I don't have yet. I started researching the company a little on friday and then realized it made no sense because I don't have a interview yet.

So now the annoying thing is I have to see tons of telemarketing calls all day long until I get the call I want.

I;m not acting like a child I just stated it was no need to prepare for a interview I don't have yet. I started researching the company a little on friday and then realized it made no sense because I don't have a interview yet.

So now the annoying thing is I have to see tons of telemarketing calls all day long until I get the call I want.

Actually you should be angry with yourself, and not the company. Why didn't you keep more than one iron in the fire? Are you applying for jobs, or just sitting around waiting for one company to call you?

• Author
Actually you should be angry with yourself, and not the company. Why didn't you keep more than one iron in the fire? Are you applying for jobs, or just sitting around waiting for one company to call you?

Not much out there for me to apply to and that place called me on sept 21st after I applied on Aug 1st.

So it's been 2 times I been ready to move on but the place keep coming back in the picture. So if i don't hear anything by the end of this week it will then be my 3rd attempt to move on.

1st attempt.......after not hearing anything for 6 weeks once i submitted resume

2nd attempt........after the 1st interview after not hearing anything for 2 weeks

3rd attempt....will be if I hear nothing by end of this week

• Author

Some months are stronger than others

July......lots of jobs to apply to

August,,,,,lots of jobs to apply to

September....Not so much

October........not so much

And I think it gets worst in November and December