My first second interview of my life. What to expect?

Not much out there for me to apply to and that place called me on sept 21st after I applied on Aug 1st.

So it's been 2 times I been ready to move on but the place keep coming back in the picture. So if i don't hear anything by the end of this week it will then be my 3rd attempt to move on.

1st attempt.......after not hearing anything for 6 weeks once i submitted resume

2nd attempt........after the 1st interview after not hearing anything for 2 weeks

3rd attempt....will be if I hear nothing by end of this week

Are you saying you can only apply for one job at a time? You need to cast a wider net. Keep in mind, that gravy train you're riding will make its final stop at the end of December.

• Author
Are you saying you can only apply for one job at a time? You need to cast a wider net. Keep in mind, that gravy train you're riding will make its final stop at the end of December.

There is nothing to apply to right now because of the reasons below. I would love to have more options but not the case right now because

1. Part-time Positions

2 High Level Job Positions..."Director type jobs

3. Low Level Jobs.

My goal is to find Full-time "Mid-Level openings"

• Author
There's nothing right now and from what you've said there doesn't seem to have been anything for the past 10 months either. It's good to have a goal but after all this time has passed it's time to consider that maybe your goal just isn't reachable and you need to revise both it and your strategy. Your main problem seems to be total lack of flexibility, plus it sounds as though you don't listen to anyone's advice. Every time someone suggests something you make an excuse for why you can't do it.

What are you planning on doing in a couple of months when your unemployment runs out?

Have you taken any classes since you were unemployed to make you more attractive for a higher level position?

Why can't you do two part time jobs?

I just reported you for harassment/trolling.

My husband was unemployed for nearly 9 months and before that point, he just got to the point where he was desperate to take anything....not being picky. While he works a minimum wage job, he continues to look for other opportunities in his field, while bringing in some cash and not having to worry about dealing with unemployment. Another upside, is he's getting some basic medical and dental benefits with the job. Does unemployment give you that?

• Like 1
  • Author
My husband was unemployed for nearly 9 months and before that point, he just got to the point where he was desperate to take anything....not being picky. While he works a minimum wage job, he continues to look for other opportunities in his field, while bringing in some cash and not having to worry about dealing with unemployment. Another upside, is he's getting some basic medical and dental benefits with the job. Does unemployment give you that?

Your husband was able to take a minimum wage job because he has you as a partner. How could I do that as a single person and stay in my apt? I might as well fight until the end and if i don't succeed then I will just have to move in with family and then take a low paying job.

A low paying job now would be retarded because I wouldn't be able to pay bills. Do you understand that my UC is more than minimum wage? Or maybe you didn't know that?

Your husband was able to take a minimum wage job because he has you as a partner. How could I do that as a single person and stay in my apt? I might as well fight until the end and if i don't succeed then I will just have to move in with family and then take a low paying job.

A low paying job now would be retarded because I wouldn't be able to pay bills. Do you understand that my UC is more than minimum wage? Or maybe you didn't know that?

Have you looked into getting a room mate?

• Author
Have you looked into getting a room mate?

Not really because I have enjoyed living alone for so many years.

Not really because I have enjoyed living alone for so many years.

I'd try finding a room mate before moving back home. Moving back home should be plan Z. You live in a big city, there has to be jobs for you. What kind of skills do you have?

• Author
I'd try finding a room mate before moving back home. Moving back home should be plan Z. You live in a big city, there has to be jobs for you. What kind of skills do you have?

You know my Mom actually suggested I move back home in August and stack the remaining unemployment checks since it was scheduled to end in December.

Of course I said No, i value my privacy too much.

You know my Mom actually suggested I move back home in August and stack the remaining unemployment checks since it was scheduled to end in December.

Of course I said No, i value my privacy too much.

You are close to the point where you can't have your cake and eat it too. I'll bet if you had moved in with your mother back in August, you would have a job today.

• Like 1
  • Author
You are close to the point where you can't have your cake and eat it too. I'll bet if you had moved in with your mother back in August, you would have a job today.

Why? I go to the same sites everyday and have the same 10am to 6pm schedule. It's not but so much I can do, I been applying, I been networking and going on interviews. Now i have gotten close with being offered a job but the pay was too low. Like I said before, a job can only hire 1 person so it doesn't mean I'm doing anything wrong. Why do people constantly think a person who is unemployed for 8 or 9 months is that they are doing something wrong? I can't make a employer hire me

So Nothing would have been different but a higher bank account

Why? I go to the same sites everyday and have the same 10am to 6pm schedule. It's not but so much I can do, I been applying, I been networking and going on interviews. Now i have gotten close with being offered a job but the pay was too low. Like I said before, a job can only hire 1 person so it doesn't mean I'm doing anything wrong. Why do people constantly think a person who is unemployed for 8 or 9 months is that they are doing something wrong? I can't make a employer hire me

So Nothing would have been different but a higher bank account

If you have been doing the same thing every day for the last 9 months and your actions haven't landed you a job, what does that tell you?

• Like 2

Whether he has me or not, a job is a job and what if you cannot find the job you want before your UC is up? Better to have something, even minimum wage versus nothing. Then you really would be forced to go live with family. I can understand if you just started your UC or are only a few months into it...but approaching a year now, you can't be too picky.

• Author
If you have been doing the same thing every day for the last 9 months and your actions haven't landed you a job, what does that tell you?

I'm not ashamed to say I have run out of options for now.

• Author
Whether he has me or not, a job is a job and what if you cannot find the job you want before your UC is up? Better to have something, even minimum wage versus nothing. Then you really would be forced to go live with family. I can understand if you just started your UC or are only a few months into it...but approaching a year now, you can't be too picky.

How the hell can I live off $200 a week in a $900 apartment? I said I have to move back home if i don;t find a job by december so why the hell are you telling me to take a minimum wage job?

• Author
Things might have been different because living under someone else's roof would probably disturb the routine/rut you seem to have got into which could be a good thing. If you are as you've said in your late 30s you've been living alone for a number of years. Seems you don't have much of a social life and that you're pretty darn stuck in your ways. The money you could have put away could make a big difference in your life and the change of lifestyle motivation enough to do more than sit in front of the computer filling out online applications.

I guess if you don't find a job by the time your unemployment runs out that answers my previous question and at least you have somewhere to live if you get kicked out for not paying rent. Do you have a lease on the place you're living at now? That could get sticky.

You're right, you can't make someone hire you but if even a hint of the attitude you're showing on this thread comes across to employers there's a big line of applicants behind you to fill the spot who don't have it.

I'm going to have to call the rental office and let them know there is no more money coming in and can't stay here anymore.

I'm going to have to call the rental office and let them know there is no more money coming in and can't stay here anymore.

Are you on a lease? if so, no matter what you will be required to fulfill the leasing obligations.

• Author
Are you on a lease? if so, no matter what you will be required to fulfill the leasing obligations.

How if there is no money?

They don't care how. You may be able to break the lease at the discretion of the apartment manager and pay the penalty. If not, you are responsible for any rent until they find a tenant to replace you.

• Author
They don't care how. You may be able to break the lease at the discretion of the apartment manager and pay the penalty. If not, you are responsible for any rent until they find a tenant to replace you.

I called and she said I would give 60 days notice and will probably be charged.

• Author
Philadelphia Jobs - Philadelphia Business Journal try that link.

Also www.amazon.com is hiring 50,000 people in their fulfillment centers across the country. See if there is a center near you.

Look, I know about that link already and it's already saved on my computer. I said I tried everything but you want to ignore it's a lot of competition. And please do me a favor and don't post anymore job sites because I don't need job hunt help.

Just 2nd interview tips if I ever get a damm call back from that lady.

Look, I know about that link already and it's already saved on my computer. I said I tried everything but you want to ignore it's a lot of competition. And please do me a favor and don't post anymore job sites because I don't need job hunt help.

Just 2nd interview tips if I ever get a damm call back from that lady.

For some reason, I am skeptical that if you're in your late 30's and never had a 2nd interview before.

• Author
Congrats on your second interview. I think you should be very grateful that the she mentioned she wanted you to interview with the Director. Not many places let you interview with the Director unless they are seriously looking to hire you.

Wanted to ask your honest opinion.

Do you think I was called and told not to show up for the interview on wed because they are using me as a back up plan? I just don't know how to feel about all of this.