In a New Relationship and Feeling Overwhelming Desire to be Single...

USMCHokie

• Author
Yay! Now everyone can be happy! :)

You gonna respond to my analysis of you or are you bored of this thread, now, too?! :laugh:

So.... about the OP...

Hokie, any closer figuring out what to do about your girlfriend?

Nope, I'll definitely respond to it tonight after work...no time now to sit down write out all my thoughts...

Nope, I'll definitely respond to it tonight after work...no time now to sit down write out all my thoughts...

Fairy nuff.

Eh, maybe, who knows. But I do find her high-strungness laughable. No wonder we never got along...I wonder if her dating profiles say she's laidback...? And to think that ANYONE would be interested in her after our last exchange...she must be out of her goddamn mind...the last text was just a drunken mistake...I think I was giggling at the time when I sent it.

Frankly, she gives herself a little too much credit, but it is congruent with her personality.

We never got along because you were dishonest. The above post exemplifies your dishonesty.

I don't have dating profiles. I am in a relationship. Because I am in a relationship, I am not interested in other men. I do not reach out and contact other men.

You may proclaim that no one would ever be interested in me, but you would be wrong. *shrug* So no, I'm not out of my mind.

If you were laughing, it was sadistic, as you would have known you were annoying me. But in reality, it wasn't a joke, you weren't laughing. In vino veritas, dude, particularly when it happens repeatedly.

I'm not trying to give myself credit. I'm trying to get you to stop effing texting me. I can't block phone numbers on a cell phone, and haven't had your number since 2010.

Pop the champagne, pet: he's deleted you.

Riiiiiiight. Do you know how many times he's said that, only to send some more later? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mme. Chaucer

Are we in the funny farm?

• Like 1
  • Author
Riiiiiiight. Do you know how many times he's said that, only to send some more later? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It amazes me how much you value your "image" on LS...trying to recover from the sh*t show that was my last thread...?

And yes, the number has been deleted, don't you worry.

No. But I know I've read it here now, and I've also read that Hokie's integrity is important to him, so I'll be reading what happens next.

You'll get to either pop your cork or, at least, say 'I told you so'.

• Author

Anyway...

After some thought and after reading through this thread, I realized that these "single feelings" always come when I'm placed in "single situations"...that is, any social situations where being single would be "advantageous"...in the past, it'd be out in DC with my unusually good-looking friends, and now, it'd be out in Vegas...and these feelings would stem from jealousy of those friends...and I wanted to prove that I was just as capable as them, especially coming from early struggles with dating...I thought that getting female attention was the only way to get past my insecurity...

And lately, every time I've been to Vegas, I was drawing more female attention than I'd ever had before, and even when I was with my more attractive friends, I was still the one they were more interested in...and so I had more fun, which brought even more attention as my personality was able to really shine through (as opposed to the past where I'd be the quiet bystander)...and that feeling was quite intoxicating, to say the least...and so it made me "want" to be single again, just so I could actually take advantage of that attention...

But every time I came home and talked to her again, that feeling vanished when I realized how great I had it already with her...the distance definitely makes it harder...but I legitimately want to make it work...at least for as long as it's meant to work...and I realized that at some point in my life, I'm going to have to get over all this nonsense about trying to "prove" that I could be a player too...

So last night, I actually ended up telling her everything I've shared here on LS...about my past, about why I had the single feelings I did, but also why I wanted to make it work...she understood, and we're just going to keep on going and see where it goes...

GOOD for you:) You were honest, and totally did the right thing by telling her how you felt. She had a right to know about your doubts, and how u enjoy being with her, and would rather see where that goes, rather than jumping the gun and being single.

I have to ask, though: you mentioned before, that u wanted to pursue girls that YOU wanted, opposed to the chicks who wanted YOU......

Is your current fledging relationship with a lady who u feel wanted YOU, was she a " hot chick" you " wanted", as you put it previously?

I think that the " hot chick" concept basically means : they have big tits, long hair, nice teeth, reasonably slim... not necessarily a stunner, but do you mean the sterotypical " hottie"????

Obviously, a lot of girls are very attractive, without the usual features of a " hottie"?

Does it make you feel bad that you did not land a " hottie" and therefore, you feel like because you CAN, you feel ripped off that you do not have one?

• Author

I have to ask, though: you mentioned before, that u wanted to pursue girls that YOU wanted, opposed to the chicks who wanted YOU......

Is your current fledging relationship with a lady who u feel wanted YOU, was she a " hot chick" you " wanted", as you put it previously?

Well, I actually made the first move with her...she didn't even think of me as a remote possibility until I kissed her out of nowhere...her first reaction was actually, "What the f*ck are you doing...?!" And I guess the rest is history... :laugh:

I think that the " hot chick" concept basically means : they have big tits, long hair, nice teeth, reasonably slim... not necessarily a stunner, but do you mean the sterotypical " hottie"????

Obviously, a lot of girls are very attractive, without the usual features of a " hottie"?

Does it make you feel bad that you did not land a " hottie" and therefore, you feel like because you CAN, you feel ripped off that you do not have one?

I've never gone for the hottie actually...because I was always too insecure to consider them...so even now, I don't necessarily know if I could actually "get" the hottie...

I've never gone for the hottie actually...because I was always too insecure to consider them...so even now, I don't necessarily know if I could actually "get" the hottie...

Oh you could get a hottie, you see the trick is to try real hard. Also this is a secret I rarely talk about but if you have an erection when you go talk to a girl you'll be more confident. Just hide the errection in your belt.

You have a choice between fantasy and reality. "A bird in the hand in worth two in the bush" as the saying goes...

• Author
You have a choice between fantasy and reality. "A bird in the hand in worth two in the bush" as the saying goes...

Yea, I'm going to give reality a whirl...

xpaperxcutx

I can't believe this thread is still going...

Hokie, take your insecurity and throw it out the window. You're in the f-ing marines, give yourself a little credit that you are an attractive dude and get pretty much any girl that throws themselves your way. Just don't settle for less, but don't put yourself on a pedestal and think you can score EVERY hot girl.

And that whole drama between you and SG? If you guys cannot stand each other, there is an ignore list on LS.

And that whole drama between you and SG? If you guys cannot stand each other, there is an ignore list on LS.

No, no, no, no, no!! Those two absolutely should not ignore each other.

You may not have noticed this, but site membership has gone up by several thousand, and subscribing memberships have increased 15% just since this thread started.

Those two are the best thing to ever happen to LS. I'm drafting a PM to Tony right now proposing that we stage a weekly SG and Hokie dust-up, on various topics. I already have several storylines sketched out. Next week, I think we can do something on SG drunk mis-dialing Hokie and catching him in bed with another woman, which leads to a huge uproar. Or maybe Hokie unknowingly dating SG's lost twin sister, then joining her on the last leg of her road trip to finally meet her biological family.

This could be huge! It could put LS on the map! We could all get rich!!

• Like 10
Well, I actually made the first move with her...she didn't even think of me as a remote possibility until I kissed her out of nowhere...her first reaction was actually, "What the f*ck are you doing...?!" And I guess the rest is history... :laugh:

I actually go for average guys, never the hotties, either! Even though hotties have shown interest in me. I am more attracted to personality, and a guy I can trust; where as I get put off with very hot men.

Haha - I also made the first move, with my two MEN ( only ones in 5 - 6 years), because of my new fount confidence and " attractiveness" upgrade.

Probably more shocking than you, but I actually just said to the first one " hey, I have not had any action in a number of years, and I am horny, wanna hook up?" ( after heavy flirting from him also).

Second dude, I liked him, so I just told him he could touch my boobs while we I lay on him watching a DVD.

Were u previously less attractive? OR, have u just gained more confidence, generally speaking?

I think ur added confidence, has just naturally made u want to test the waters:) It all sounds very normal to me!

I wanted to have fun with various guys since becoming attractive, but fell in love, and have literally lost the urge. It is only " nice" when it happens by accident, if a guy thinks I am cute and a great girl:)

Remember, u CAn get an ego boost from girls who think your great and want u, it is just wrong when u go and see it out for your ego.. it will naturally happen with hot girls in time, which will be a huge compliment to you:)

UPdate every one on your relationship, hope it lasts and you have happy times:):)

No, no, no, no, no!! Those two absolutely should not ignore each other.

You may not have noticed this, but site membership has gone up by several thousand, and subscribing memberships have increased 15% just since this thread started.

Those two are the best thing to ever happen to LS. I'm drafting a PM to Tony right now proposing that we stage a weekly SG and Hokie dust-up, on various topics. I already have several storylines sketched out. Next week, I think we can do something on SG drunk mis-dialing Hokie and catching him in bed with another woman, which leads to a huge uproar. Or maybe Hokie unknowingly dating SG's lost twin sister, then joining her on the last leg of her road trip to finally meet her biological family.

This could be huge! It could put LS on the map! We could all get rich!!

hahahaha.......

I think you made some good observations in this thread Hokie. And I am glad things are going well with you, with this girl. I had a feeling, when you first brought her up.

Good luck.

Anyway...

After some thought and after reading through this thread, I realized that these "single feelings" always come when I'm placed in "single situations"...that is, any social situations where being single would be "advantageous"...in the past, it'd be out in DC with my unusually good-looking friends, and now, it'd be out in Vegas...and these feelings would stem from jealousy of those friends...and I wanted to prove that I was just as capable as them, especially coming from early struggles with dating...I thought that getting female attention was the only way to get past my insecurity...

And lately, every time I've been to Vegas, I was drawing more female attention than I'd ever had before, and even when I was with my more attractive friends, I was still the one they were more interested in...and so I had more fun, which brought even more attention as my personality was able to really shine through (as opposed to the past where I'd be the quiet bystander)...and that feeling was quite intoxicating, to say the least...and so it made me "want" to be single again, just so I could actually take advantage of that attention...

But every time I came home and talked to her again, that feeling vanished when I realized how great I had it already with her...the distance definitely makes it harder...but I legitimately want to make it work...at least for as long as it's meant to work...and I realized that at some point in my life, I'm going to have to get over all this nonsense about trying to "prove" that I could be a player too...

So last night, I actually ended up telling her everything I've shared here on LS...about my past, about why I had the single feelings I did, but also why I wanted to make it work...she understood, and we're just going to keep on going and see where it goes...

Well done, Hokie. All we can do is try our hardest to understand what is going on with ourselves, then be honest about what we learn with those we are involved with.

Good luck and keep us posted.