guys who have slept around can be the most loyal of all

danny in van

I wouldn't date a guy who considered himself superior to anyone else for any reason.

haha same. Some women are dumb tho, they're impressed very easily and believe whatever a guy says if he says it with confidence because they are unable to see and analyze for themselves. I bet the OP's technique works well on those women lol

• Author
because it is the drive that trumps all others. It's the motivation that put man on the moon (my and others' opinion). And your examples only make me think 'the exception proves the rule'.

ps you gave a bunch of monogamous examples, and I pulled a fact that all your examples amount to 5% of the whole. You're saying I shouldn't have written that?

and you want to debate a common point of knowledge: that men typically can sire offspring much later than females. Pick your battles correctly or risk discrediting yourself.

because it is the drive that trumps all others. It's the motivation that put man on the moon (my and others' opinion). And your examples only make me think 'the exception proves the rule'.

ps you gave a bunch of monogamous examples, and I pulled a fact that all your examples amount to 5% of the whole. You're saying I shouldn't have written that?

OK, I think you're purposefully omit to address specific parts of my post on why HUMAN species needs monogamy. I already answered that.

and you want to debate a common point of knowledge: that men typically can sire offspring much later than females. Pick your battles correctly or risk discrediting yourself.

I was awarded a PhD on human infertility, I have published articles in high impact scientific journals and I'm discrediting myself? OK... :laugh:

• Author
haha same. Some women are dumb tho, they're impressed very easily and believe whatever a guy says if he says it with confidence because they are unable to see and analyze for themselves. I bet the OP's technique works well on those women lol

actually I'm only truly interested in those who are independent thinkers- who don't follow the psych trends of the day for example. And have come to their own conclusions about things, even if they conflict with norms of the day.

And yes I do impress and offend people with my intellect. But I like to think the ones who 'get me' are outside the average (did I mention my present girlfriend, phD student with 4.2 GPA?)

actually I'm only truly interested in those who are independent thinkers- who don't follow the psych trends of the day for example. And have come to their own conclusions about things, even if they conflict with norms of the day.

And yes I do impress and offend people with my intellect. But I like to think the ones who 'get me' are outside the average (did I mention my present girlfriend, phD student with 4.2 GPA?)

LOL In what area? How to date older guys?

Intellect...? No you offend them for other reasons... :rofl:

OK, I think you're purposefully omit to address specific parts of my post on why HUMAN species needs monogamy. I already answered that.

I am not against monogamy because I practice it myself but it is clear that people are having a problem practicing it especially these days.

• Author
I was awarded a PhD on human infertility, I have published articles in high impact scientific journals and I'm discrediting myself? OK... :laugh:

No way to know if any of that's true- but if you choose to debate what's considered common accepted knowledge then yes, you are discrediting yourself.

Plus 3 references to your phD is plenty...a 4th is really desperate haha!

Remember a line in 'A Fish Called Wanda' where she finally screams at the name dropping Otto "Just because you read Nietzsche doesn't mean you understand him!' hmm cuz maybe you published something means you can't be incorrect? Weak!

Being a PHD student with a high GPA doesn't mean that one is well off in all areas of intellect, including emotional intelligence. Did I tell you that my former and current delusional stalker received many awards for his research and was always ranked the first all through his education in top universities?

• Author
LOL In what area? How to date older guys?

Intellect...? No you offend them for other reasons... :rofl:

lol at your own 'jokes'? Well if no one else laughs then ya gotta put in yer own laff track I guess. But I can be funnier in 2 seconds...'no, it's a Phd in sackology!'

• Author
Being a PHD student with a high GPA doesn't mean that one is well off in all areas of intellect, including emotional intelligence. Did I tell you that my former and current delusional stalker received many awards for his research and was always ranked the first all through his education in top universities?

that's your big contribution to this? Of course- everyone knows education doesn't equal smarts necessarily. But it's a likely indicator. WTF else can I do ...bring her to the LS headquarters and put a camera on her for all of you??

Yes, I am hilarious. I know. :lmao:

So. how many times did you repeat about your girl being so clever? More times than mine I think. lol I have proof elsewhere on his forum about my research (search it if you want).

So you're not gonna share with us her field? It's OK, I'm not interested.

And yes I do impress and offend people with my intellect. But I like to think the ones who 'get me' are outside the average

If you have such a tremendous intellect, why would you want to use it to offend people? I've read this entire thread and it appears that you've managed to offend quite a few people. That, to me, is rather UNimpressive. I have always been baffled by the use of the intellect as a tool of alienation. The very FIRST type of guy on my "DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DATE THIS TYPE" list is the guy who fails to temper his brilliance with emotional kindness and intelligence. Paradoxically, it's just not that smart to alienate people with your superior brains. IMHO.

• Author
Yes, I am hilarious. I know. :lmao:

So. how many times did you repeat about your girl being so clever? More times than mine I think. lol I have proof elsewhere on his forum about my research (search it if you want).

So you're not gonna share with us her field? It's OK, I'm not interested.

I'm not blowing my own horn - just responding to others' implying she must be dumb to go out with me. I wrote that twice btw and haven't desperately listed my education here. I'm fine to let my words speak for me...oh no wait - I went to Harvard doncha know! I can't be wrong!

So elsewhere on this forum you're blabbing about your education? Really? I can't believe it!! Anyway this is my last waste of time to you. Ciao!

I'm not blowing my own horn - just responding to others' implying she must be dumb to go out with me. I wrote that twice btw and haven't desperately listed my education here. I'm fine to let my words speak for me...oh no wait - I went to Harvard doncha know! I can't be wrong!

So elsewhere on this forum you're blabbing about your education? Really? I can't believe it!! Anyway this is my last waste of time to you. Ciao!

Believe it. Research is my life.

YAY!!! Last time! "Praise the Lord and the Angels above"! (religious pun intended) :D

that's your big contribution to this? Of course- everyone knows education doesn't equal smarts necessarily. But it's a likely indicator. WTF else can I do ...bring her to the LS headquarters and put a camera on her for all of you??

No, not really. I have my own ideas about the mental/intellectual capacities of a 20 year old no matter how smarter she is than her peers but I won't get into that now. I think what most people have problem with is your "I know it all" attitude. It's great that you think you're in a great place with lots of options, good for you, truly. But please do acknowledge that things you think you have to offer won't necessarily please/impress every woman (eg. Me and many other women I know!) or you risk sounding defensive/insecure/biased, all while using intellect as an excuse.

• Author
If you have such a tremendous intellect, why would you want to use it to offend people? I've read this entire thread and it appears that you've managed to offend quite a few people. That, to me, is rather UNimpressive. I have always been baffled by the use of the intellect as a tool of alienation. The very FIRST type of guy on my "DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DATE THIS TYPE" list is the guy who fails to temper his brilliance with emotional kindness and intelligence. Paradoxically, it's just not that smart to alienate people with your superior brains. IMHO.

well I didn't think this would need explaining...but for instance, I like Bill Maher. He implys/says religious people are actually clinically crazy. Does that offend people? hmmm I wonder. Why does he knowingly offend them? Cuz as he says the religious right affects his quality of life, as their crazy ideas become part of our school system, to list only one example.

Well I'm like him- I say when I disagree with people and the many silly attitudes all around me- and I can deal with the fallout. Because their attitudes affect the quality of my life (small minded people have big mouths and somehow gain influence etc etc) But you can bet I turn my opinions down/off when I want or need to (keep in mind this is anonymous).

And PS there's selective reading going on here - but I wrote that I impress and offend. Most dynamic people in history have, so I'm ok with it.

Jesus did apparently say 'be either hot or cold - but never luke warm' or something like that.

• Author
No, not really. I have my own ideas about the mental/intellectual capacities of a 20 year old no matter how smarter she is than her peers but I won't get into that now. I think what most people have problem with is your "I know it all" attitude. It's great that you think you're in a great place with lots of options, good for you, truly. But please do acknowledge that things you think you have to offer won't necessarily please/impress every woman (eg. Me and many other women I know!) or you risk sounding defensive/insecure/biased, all while using intellect as an excuse.

you're not recognizing that this is the unfiltered me. All day everyday I moderate my words to fit in, and when I do disagree with someone I often keep it to myself. Now the whole point of this LS is anonymity. I can say what I really think. The filtered me does just fine with the opposite sex. I decide early on how conventional the person opposite me is. Then I choose words carefully. We all do publicly don't we? Actually, people who know me consider me hugely diplomatic. But here I don't hafta be- it's therapy of sorts. My whole life I bite my tongue as I do feel the majority of people have half baked, poorly thought out comments & attitudes they unknowingly inherit along the way. What if I am smarter than average ( hard to measure, but it could be)? If so, then it's a constant challenge to bite thy tongue when I'm pretty confident there are many dunces nearby.

Cocky? Maybe. But the only thing worse they say is false modesty.

• Author

PS how can you know about the girl I'm seeing and her intellect? You can't -that's how! Put it this way , with a membership to MENSA in her 20s then the conversation I have with her is necessarily more interesting than an AVERAGE 30 something whose mind was never able to go to that place...oh wait - I forgot we can't talk about the same tv shows we grew up with . Darn!

Some people only talk about events and other people- regardless of age. Some (v/few) people are idealists talking about concepts and ideas and usually by their teens.

Some women do seem to be into men who mistreat them. Look at Rihanna. She can have her pick of men but is caught up on Chris Brown.

Just about everyone realizes that celebs are not a representation of your average person. Celebs will get together with/marry other celebs for the power and attention. It's definitely not for love.....except in a few very rare cases.

you're not recognizing that this is the unfiltered me. All day everyday I moderate my words to fit in, and when I do disagree with someone I often keep it to myself. Now the whole point of this LS is anonymity. I can say what I really think. The filtered me does just fine with the opposite sex. I decide early on how conventional the person opposite me is. Then I choose words carefully. We all do publicly don't we? Actually, people who know me consider me hugely diplomatic. But here I don't hafta be- it's therapy of sorts. My whole life I bite my tongue as I do feel the majority of people have half baked, poorly thought out comments & attitudes they unknowingly inherit along the way. What if I am smarter than average ( hard to measure, but it could be)? If so, then it's a constant challenge to bite thy tongue when I'm pretty confident there are many dunces nearby.

Cocky? Maybe. But the only thing worse they say is false modesty.

lol, it's not the fact that you "say" you know it all, it's the fact that you "think" you know it all. I'm not asking you to be modest and dumb yourself down, I'm asking you to acknowledge that you might be wrong. I agree with some of the points you made in this thread personally and disagree with others. What makes me doubt you is you being obviously defensive/biased about your thoughts and trying hard to find any argument to prove a "point". A point that perhaps, in case of being proven, will make you feel better about yourself and feed your ego. And this certainly is not what intellect is about...It's like how religious people try extremely hard to find evidences that prove their beliefs, beleifs that ultimately are there to make them feel better and more valuable. We all do this at times, it's human nature.

• Author
lol, it's not the fact that you "say" you know it all, it's the fact that you "think" you know it all. I'm not asking you to be modest and dumb yourself down, I'm asking you to acknowledge that you might be wrong. I agree with some of the points you made in this thread personally and disagree with others. What makes me doubt you is you being obviously defensive/biased about your thoughts and trying hard to find any argument to prove a "point". A point that perhaps, in case of being proven, will make you feel better about yourself and feed your ego. And this certainly is not what intellect is about...It's like how religious people try extremely hard to find evidences that prove their beliefs, beleifs that ultimately are there to make them feel better and more valuable. We all do this at times, it's human nature.

I know I could be wrong about some things...but after having studied about certain things for a long time it takes a lot to knock my conclusion off its perch ie all the evidence I see makes me believe we are still for the most part driven by our primal ancient desires. And yes we try to rationalize them away - sex being the easiest example to cite. But my point in all these 200 posts is that (for men ) repressing sexual needs leads to dysfunction, cheating etc. I don't think I will change my view on this point.

So I started this thread to 'defend' the so called womanizer because he may with time be the best catch of all. Cuz he loves women alot ( a good thing) and his appetite has been satiated- so he can finally be happily loyal.

No diff than food to me- don't leave a hungry man around your plate of food and turn your back!

I know I could be wrong about some things...but after having studied about certain things for a long time it takes a lot to knock my conclusion off its perch ie all the evidence I see makes me believe we are still for the most part driven by our primal ancient desires. And yes we try to rationalize them away - sex being the easiest example to cite. But my point in all these 200 posts is that (for men ) repressing sexual needs leads to dysfunction, cheating etc. I don't think I will change my view on this point.

So I started this thread to 'defend' the so called womanizer because he may with time be the best catch of all. Cuz he loves women alot ( a good thing) and his appetite has been satiated- so he can finally be happily loyal.

No diff than food to me- don't leave a hungry man around your plate of food and turn your back!

Sure, in some cases this it true, for both men and women. Females in nature are promiscuous too. I can show you enough sources, some coming from your beloved evolutionary psychology that state that.

And regarding your conclusion, I would say in some cases you are right. But I have seen enough guys who have slept around and never stayed loyal to not take this theory too seriously. I agree with another poster that cheating is probably much more related to one's moral code than the number of people they have slept with.

Yeah, I agree that there is something about having experience which 'sates' one. I'm in my 30s and have had 11 sex partners, and I feel like I could settle down with one person and be content, knowing I've experienced a variety. I think I could have settled down with just one partner even at the point that my # was just four or five, though.

I can see how only having slept with one or two people in one's past, at the time of settling down, can seem like a rip-off...