Fiance cheated and I punched but is he right to get mad

I did and see nothing wrong with it. A woman's punch is in no way compare to a man's. Let's see here: if I were to punch a jerk with all my might, at the most I may bruised him (or possible a broken nose, depends on where the punch landed and how I did it). Vice-versa if he does it, I would be seriously injured and lay there for possible 2 weeks in the hospital or possible die.

It is possible for a woman to injure or even kill a man with just a single punch. I really cannot comprehend how some posters can say it is alright for a woman to punch a man like this.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156018503

If a woman throws a punch at me, I have every right to defend myself. And that may include hitting back. Otherwise, there is no reason to do so.

Yes he is right in his reasoning, if you'd cheated on him and he punched you everyone would be aghast and get you to go to the cops.

He shouldn't have cheated on you and it's even worse with a friend, but you shouldn't have punched him.

Strictly speaking about damage done, him punching her, if he has any muscle at all, would be completely different from her punching him. It would probably be equivalent to the difference between her punching him, or her taking a porcelain jar and smashing it across his face.

I would tend to be slightly more forgiving of the former, wouldn't you agree? The latter is wrong, but as someone in this thread says, plenty of people punch a guy for something less (insulting their mother, sexually harrassing their sister, etc), and they aren't called psychos.

samsungxoxo
Strictly speaking about damage done, him punching her, if he has any muscle at all, would be completely different from her punching him. It would probably be equivalent to the difference between her punching him, or her taking a porcelain jar and smashing it across his face.

I would tend to be slightly more forgiving of the former, wouldn't you agree? The latter is wrong, but as someone in this thread says, plenty of people punch a guy for something less (insulting their mother, sexually harrassing their sister, etc), and they aren't called psychos.

Yes, someone finally gets it..... Some people can take biology class and yet still don't understand it. It's either that and they just don't care at all.
leftfordead2
Yes, someone finally gets it..... Some people can take biology class and yet still don't understand it. It's either that and they just don't care at all.

and women can't kill men by punches too? Look at the articles linked.

Regarding the OT thing, shows how much self denial you are in, no wonder you shouldn't be taken seriously..

Last week I found out my fiance cheated on me with my friend Aracelly. I discovered this through a message written on his email and confronted him about it. As you can imagine, he went on expressing remorse and saying sorry.

It was then I punched him hard in the mouth, drawing a bit of blood. He went on saying ''What the ****, stupid *****, that is assault and you had no rights to hit me. What if you were the cheater and I hit you for that, you would have had me arrested right so why can I do the same. Forget it I don't feel bad about it anymore'' and he left.

Since then it's been NC but was he right in his reasoning? I think I overracted but getting cheated on hurts and even worst when they do with your friend.

H'mmm.. there is no doubt in my mind that I would also punch the so called friend and/or smash her car up. :mad:

Yes, I know it's wrong but I think I would lose it for about two weeks. :o

I would just take the punishment and pay whatever I have to pay through the Courts as I have a clean record... and put it down to a bad reaction to severe provocation.

It would be worth it. Ce la vie.

Take care,

Eve x

Ross MwcFan
If a woman throws a punch at me, I have every right to defend myself. And that may include hitting back. Otherwise, there is no reason to do so.

You don't have to hit her back. Just grab hold of her arms to stop her.

Edited by Ross MwcFan
It would be worth it

Really? That makes me sad. Either I've never been so in love with someone that they could hurt me badly enough to make me lose my mind, or even people I generally think of as rational are capable of doing things that would make me cut them out of my life completely. I mean, the latter, I already knew, but still...

samsungxoxo
and women can't kill men by punches too? Look at the articles linked.

Regarding the OT thing, shows how much self denial you are in, no wonder you shouldn't be taken seriously..

Well yes there are few exceptions (like always, there will be exceptions). For example: If she's a martial arts professional, body builder or punched straight in a man's neck (or the temple), ok yes it can happen. In those articles, I gotta say they both deserved life in prison. Taking someone's life... that's extreme. It's one thing to punch a cheating bastard but to kill him that's worth deserving punishment.

I was talking in general, if the woman just naturally gives out a regular non-threatening punch. In this case, she doesn't do that much.

Of course it's possible. I didn't say it wasn't. Like I said, it's about damage done. In the OP's case, the damage she did was really equivalent to a hard slap across the mouth.

I was responding to the poster who said that her punching him is exactly the same as him punching her. In most cases, it is not. Basically, if you put 100 men and 100 women together and made them punch each other, the number of women who would be seriously injured would probably be more than 10x the number of men who were. It's not rocket science.

Just curious, would you link that article to a guy who punched another guy for, say, getting his sister pregnant and then abandoning her? Would you tell him that he was psycho and completely out of line and that he could have killed the other guy?

Edited by Elswyth
You don't have to hit her back. Just grab hold of her arms to stop her.
And if those hands carry any sharp object (say, a knife, or a kitchen axe), you're likely to wind up in a hospital or a morgue next.

Hell, if you trip and fall, or lose balance after a punch, and hit sth hard with your head, you can die.

Don't underestimate your enemies. Even without clear malice and being hell-bent on killing you, they can end up doing just that. And, as documented in links above, they don't even need to be twice the size of you.

Best bet is to avoid brawls altogether, and that's coming from a person who even provoked one.

Just curious, would you link that article to a guy who punched another guy for, say, getting his sister pregnant and then abandoning her? Would you tell him that he was psycho and completely out of line and that he could have killed the other guy?

Why the need to link it? My attitude is the same for whoever commits violence. They should not do it. The consequences can go way beyond "some bruising". They should be charged with assault (or more depending on the severity of the attack). There are no excuses for attacking somebody.

Really? That makes me sad. Either I've never been so in love with someone that they could hurt me badly enough to make me lose my mind, or even people I generally think of as rational are capable of doing things that would make me cut them out of my life completely. I mean, the latter, I already knew, but still...

Yes, sad but I honestly know that I would confront both of them, with a high probability that the showdown would include the above.

Not nice but hey. I am not an obsessive type at all but just know that I would be deeply deeply hurt and would more than likely lash out in a very primal way.

So, I would take the punishment and move on.

I was reading somewhere that French Law is incredibly understanding of such things.

Those who wouldn't behave as such or have been in this situation and reacted calmly.. I take my hat off to you. Well done. Me? The bitch would have a day to remember for the rest of her life and so would my Husband. Seriously.

Take care,

Eve x

Why the need to link it? My attitude is the same for whoever commits violence. They should not do it. The consequences can go way beyond "some bruising". They should be charged with assault (or more depending on the severity of the attack). There are no excuses for attacking somebody.

Mmm. It's fine if that's your opinion. But you missed the entire point of the post. I was not saying that she was right, or that she should have done so. I was simply responding, as I said, to the poster who said it was the exact same thing as him hitting her. In most cases, it is not. The strength ratio of most men to most women is equivalent to the strength ratio of most women to most children. If you think a grown woman hitting a child is the exact same thing as a child hitting her, well, I really have little left to say to you. Just because I say that a child hitting a grown woman is not as big a deal as a grown woman hitting a child, does not mean that I condone children hitting grown women.

And yes, there have been plenty of documented cases where a child killed someone.

Edited by Elswyth
Mmm. It's fine if that's your opinion.

Good of you to say so

But you missed the entire point of the post.

No I did not

I was not saying that she was right, or that she should have done so. I was simply responding, as I said, to the poster who said it was the exact same thing as him hitting her. In most cases, it is not. The strength ratio of most men to most women is equivalent to the strength ratio of most women to most children.

And I was pointing out that it is possible for a woman to kill a man therefore the potential risks are very high. Unlikely yes but still real risks.

If you think a grown woman hitting a child is the exact same thing as a child hitting her, well, I really have little left to say to you.

Seeing as the thread topic is about women hitting a man, I am not sure why you are bringing in children hitting adults.

Just because I say that a child hitting a grown woman is not as big a deal as a grown woman hitting a child, does not mean that I condone children hitting grown women.

I don't condone men hitting men, women or children. I don't condone women hitting men, women, children. I also don't condone children hitting other children or adults.

Ross MwcFan
And if those hands carry any sharp object (say, a knife, or a kitchen axe), you're likely to wind up in a hospital or a morgue next.

Hell, if you trip and fall, or lose balance after a punch, and hit sth hard with your head, you can die.

Don't underestimate your enemies. Even without clear malice and being hell-bent on killing you, they can end up doing just that. And, as documented in links above, they don't even need to be twice the size of you.

Best bet is to avoid brawls altogether, and that's coming from a person who even provoked one.

Well if she's coming at your with a knife and the only way to stop her was to punch her, then sure.

But that wouldn't really be the case, as I'm sure grabbing hold of her arm would be a lot more effective than punching her.

If you punch her she can still stab you at the same time, as to puch her you'd have to be close enough for her to stab you.

Whereas if you grab hold of her arm, you can do so (as long as you're quick enough) before she get's close enough to stab you.

Whereas if you grab hold of her arm, you can do so (as long as you're quick enough) before she get's close enough to stab you.

That's theory. And it can get you killed regardless, as I've verified it with my ex-buddy, who is a cop. I "stabbed" him three times successfully with a marker, he failed to catch ANY of those. To add, I have ZERO professional training, whereas his case is obvious.

In case of knife, just ****ing run.

Still, point is, even a petite lady weighing half as much as you, could kill you with ease.

samsungxoxo
Well if she's coming at your with a knife and the only way to stop her was to punch her, then sure.
That was my point but some people still don't seem to get it. Retaliating is not the same as self-defense.

Let's say instead of a punch, the woman only slaps guy and is not carrying any weapons but he still hits back because he's mad. That's not self-defense. That is retaliating, what losers do.

There was a stupid guy on the Indian show who slapped back a woman as hard as he could. I bet he didn't even felt her slap. But he got his punishment as the male hosts on the shows jumped on him, making him cried LOL..

Edited by samsungxoxo
That was my point but some people still don't seem to get it. Retaliating is not the same as self-defense.

Let's say instead of a punch, the woman only slaps guy and is not carrying any weapons but he still hits back because he's mad. That's not self-defense. That is retaliating, what losers do.

Pardon, as I ,by your very words see contradiction: SHE Then retaliated , therefore she was the loser. He hurt her by cheating and she retaliated.

Your logic makes zero sense thru the courts and terminology of assault.

I am miffed that some posters carry the double standard mentality. Digressive mental thinking does little good.

samsungxoxo
Pardon, as I ,by your very words see contradiction: SHE Then retaliated , therefore she was the loser. He hurt her by cheating and she retaliated.

Your logic makes zero sense thru the courts and terminology of assault.

I am miffed that some posters carry the double standard mentality. Digressive mental thinking does little good.

Yes but it's different. Hard to explain it but you get the point. We're not conditioned to have too much self-restraint as men are (thus why most would walk away or might hurl out insults but not hurt the woman).

A previous poster was right about cultural differences. That's really what's expected to if the guy is a cheating loser. I got no sympathy for the OP's ex.

Yes but it's different. Hard to explain it but you get the point. We're not conditioned to have too much self-restraint as men are (thus why most would walk away or might hurl out insults but not hurt the woman).

A previous poster was right about cultural differences. That's really what's expected to if the guy is a cheating loser. I got no sympathy for the OP's ex.

If you cant explain it then why are you defending it? Sorry, again your logic makes zero sense. Not a soul here was defending or agreeing that the boyfriends actions were appropriate, the matter at hand was whether someone is "justified and ENTITLED" to punch someone . and you keep chirping that its a CULTURAL thing and because the poster is FEMALE she is granted exceptions to a harmful act.

Then you try to word play by calling one action retaliation and another self defense. Illogical and twisted thinking....