Fiance cheated and I punched but is he right to get mad

Memphis Raines
The guy is a spinless coward and for him to be mad at you, a girl, his finance who he just cheated on for punching him (drew a little blood, its not like you knocked out 8 teeth or something) makes him even more a coward and a little *****.

Punch him harder next time, he deserved it 100%.

and he would be in his rights to have her arrested

did my x-wife deserve to be punched for cheating on me?

Memphis Raines
Don't worry. It was a natural reaction. You had a moment of temporary insanity. It's common with people being cheated on.

and you'd tell a man this same thing?

Remember when Tiger cheated on his wife with all those skanks and the night he got caught by Elin, she hit him in his face with one of his golf clubs. She smashed his car up.

You think Tiger would in a million years call the police on her for that? As big as a coward as he was for the cheating thing, even he knew he would have been the laughing stock of the world if he tried to file battery charges against his wife.

As for OP, good job leaving this scumbag.

He's probably glad you punched him. A guy that was really sorry would most likely be pissed that you punched him but wouldn't respond with a "I don't even feel bad about it now."

:rolleyes:

Give me a break. He cheated, he's scum and he probably wanted a way out. He's obviously a coward and will use your punch as his fallback and I'm sure in his warped mind your punch justified all of his past behavior.

Remember when Tiger cheated on his wife with all those skanks and the night he got caught by Elin, she hit him in his face with one of his golf clubs. She smashed his car up.

You think Tiger would in a million years call the police on her for that? As big as a coward as he was for the cheating thing, even he knew he would have been the laughing stock of the world if he tried to file battery charges against his wife.

This has been said many times before, but apparently you are stuck in the "Eric Cartman Ethics", so let me repeat it for you once more:

Being able to get away with something wrong doesn't make it right

Edited by Jynxx

Since then it's been NC but was he right in his reasoning? I think I overracted but getting cheated on hurts and even worst when they do with your friend.

If my wife cheated on me I may be able to forgive it.

She starts punching me she`s gone, it`s over.

You messed up way bad.

It wasn't right but she was under a very difficult situation. How about if she not only had to deal with his cheating but a possible STD? I can tell you if some jerk brought me an STD because he couldn't keep it in his pants, he would pay dearly. No I won't do what Loretta did but maybe kick below the belt and then have him charge for infecting me.

When did I said I supported Loretta. I also think that was extremely and wrong. I wouldn't defend her in that case. I only said a mere slap or non-threatening punch after jerk cheats on you can be explained as a ''heat of the moment'' one time thing. To us, getting hurt emotional or in the extreme case, being infected with a disease is a lot worst than any hit landed. A mark will heal faster but not emotional pain.

Would you say the same with genders reversed?

Or is a 'non-threatening'(whatever that is!?!?) punch in the 'heat of the moment' only allowed by women?

Your attitude, like several others in this topic, is shocking.

John Michael Kane

That idiot had it coming. Then on top of him cheating with your "friend" he called you out your name after you popped him in his mouth.

Memphis Raines
That idiot had it coming. Then on top of him cheating with your "friend" he called you out your name after you popped him in his mouth.

then I guess my x-wife would have had it coming too then if I had decided to do the same, right?

If my wife cheated on me I may be able to forgive it.

She starts punching me she`s gone, it`s over.

You messed up way bad.

The opposite would be true with me.

Memphis Raines
Yours is, for the opposite reason.

why is his view shocking? He didn't say he supports a man hitting a woman. Only that its not acceptable for a woman to hit a man.

John Michael Kane
then I guess my x-wife would have had it coming too then if I had decided to do the same, right?

I wouldn't blame you if you did.

Memphis Raines
I wouldn't blame you if you did.

well I wouldn't condone it, but at least you don't have the double standard here that most do.

John Michael Kane
well I wouldn't condone it, but at least you don't have the double standard here that most do.

Yup........

Memphis Raines
And to be honest I think many social norms or standards are needed to keep things in order.

so you think that a woman should be able to physically assault a man to keep things in order?:confused:

so you think that a woman should be able to physically assault a man to keep things in order?:confused:
Not really, I meant that if there are some double-standards is for a reason. The ''no hitting girls'' (unless life-death situation) does a good job in reducing abusers and from a biological point of view, it's common sense. Same I wouldn't knock-out a 10-12 year-old kid because he/she hit me, but can report it. Yes if a woman just does it for no reason then she should be arrested with charges but usually that's not the case. Now if she found him in bed with let's say a sister and attacked the guy as a result, was it then deserved? Hell yes...

But that's just my view. You're free to have yours.

Not really, I meant that if there are some double-standards is for a reason. The ''no hitting girls'' (unless life-death situation) does a good job in reducing abusers and from a biological point of view, it's common sense. Same I wouldn't knock-out a 10-12 year-old kid because he/she hit me, but can report it. Yes if a woman just does it for no reason then she should be arrested with charges but usually that's not the case. Now if she found him in bed with let's say a sister and attacked the guy as a result, was it then deserved? Hell yes...
Eh, not really, I'm afraid.

Just like a pedophile in the moment of commiting the act probably isn't thinking about being put on sex offenders registry, I hardly think that person in the moment of assaulting their spouse thinks "what people will say?". If anything, I'd say beating partner up is more like a (usually repeatable) moment of complete insanity that just happens to have an outlet. I've lived in such home. And keep in mind, that in victim's head it's not going on as rational as you may think - there's fear, shame, and often it's victim who makes sure whole ordeal is kept behind the closed doors.

And even if they do, then what you fail to consider is that double standard would invite wives to abuse their husbands, because they would be more likely to get away with it. Hardly what I would call "keeping things in order".

Abuse is abuse, if you bring that up.

Edited by rafallus
Memphis Raines

then it would be well deserved if the man found his wife in bed with someone else too, eh?

I'd never hit anyone unless its in self-defense, but I'm tired of women thinking they should get a pass on violence just because they are women.

• 3 weeks later...

But that's just my view. You're free to have yours.

By that logic as a man i should be allowed to cheat as much as i want....its proven that men are more sexually driven that women,so i should be able to cheat as i want because im a man..you should not because your a women and your made different, you see its different,it hurts men more than it hurts a women,me are more sexual aggressive that women so MEN its ok to cheat....is it right...NO...but hey tat the way i is right, we act on our testosterone just like women who hit act on the emotions.

Just remember ladies its not ok to ever cheat on a man, its different

So just like samsungxoxo is saying its ok for women to have outburst and hit you out of emotions or you cheating, if your wife with-holds sex you are allowed to cheat,ok

a man should never hit a women

a woman should never cheat on a man...simple, im not saying i agree with what i just posted here, but that same logic applies.

(sorry for my bad grammar lol)

then it would be well deserved if the man found his wife in bed with someone else too, eh?
But your hits will definitely be a lot harder than the majority of women. So in a way it's like if I was punching an elderly person or 10-12 year-old as hard as I could... I can send him/her to intensive care or kill him/her while versus versa, I would probably have a bruise or if lucky a broken nose but that's it. That's the best way I can compare it to.

I'd never hit anyone unless its in self-defense, but I'm tired of women thinking they should get a pass on violence just because they are women.
It's not that. In order for you to understand you for have to put yourself in our shoes. If we were to slap or punch a man out of emotional distress like in the OP's case, it's not because we want to fight you but more like ''You got me pissed off'' or more like a ''screw ya, get the hell out of my life'' expression. To understand this thinking further you would have to get inside a woman's mind and what we process during that moment when logic is absent. Edited by samsungxoxo

What happened to just leaving him and living your life? That should be the option for either a man or woman that is cheated on.

What happened to just leaving him and living your life? That should be the option for either a man or woman that is cheated on.
Yes and I would have no problem doing that. I was just saying that's it's understandable how the OP reacted and was stating the reason why.

I didn't say I would do that. All I said was the OP's ex deserved it.