Fiance cheated and I punched but is he right to get mad

Ginger Beer
It would be just retaliating and not actually self-defense. Other than that, it just seems wrong.

It's different if he were to hit the woman once because she has a weapon and is about to kill him vs he hit her back because a woman slap or punch him once.

My point stands the same, slapping or punching back a woman is what cowards/boys do, not real men.

But why is it wrong to hit women? AFAIK it's because women are generally weaker than men so men will have an unfair advantage and therefore the woman can't fight back, if she hits first, she's showing that she can indeed fight back thus making her fair game? No?

It's wrong for anyone to hit anyone IMO, what gender they are doesn't come into it, if someone hits first then the attacked person has the right to hit them back. I'm not saying woman batterers are cool, just that the idea that men can never hit women is wrong.

threebyfate
Last week I found out my fiance cheated on me with my friend Aracelly. I discovered this through a message written on his email and confronted him about it. As you can imagine, he went on expressing remorse and saying sorry.

It was then I punched him hard in the mouth, drawing a bit of blood. He went on saying ''What the ****, stupid *****, that is assault and you had no rights to hit me. What if you were the cheater and I hit you for that, you would have had me arrested right so why can I do the same. Forget it I don't feel bad about it anymore'' and he left.

Since then it's been NC but was he right in his reasoning? I think I overracted but getting cheated on hurts and even worst when they do with your friend.

While it may be tempting to enact violence on a cheater, why would you lower yourself to assault?

He's responsible for cheating where your response to his cheating should have been to either walk away forever or enact other forms of non-violent retribution.

You're responsible for assault and domestic violence. If he calls the cops on you for assault, it would be well deserved.

I understand being cheated on hurts like hell but it doesn't justify violence. Just leave him and have a nice life without him.

Being cheated on hurts just as bad when you are man but I don't think too many would condone a man assaulting an unffaithful woman.

threebyfate
I understand being cheated on hurts like hell but it doesn't justify violence. Just leave him and have a nice life without him.

Being cheated on hurts just as bad when you are man but I don't think too many would condone a man assaulting an unffaithful woman.

It's moot about the genders. Assault is assault.
This is just so easy to say when you never been in the shoes of the fallen.

I'm not saying it is the right thing to do, but it's a stupid punch in the face for like dropping her world in a second.

I even think Assault is to harsh of a word for this instance lol.....I mean come on.

It probably felt like a love tap to him.
This is just so easy to say when you never been in the shoes of the fallen.

I'm not saying it is the right thing to do, but it's a stupid punch in the face for like dropping her world in a second.

I even think Assault is to harsh of a word for this instance lol.....I mean come on.

I found my ex wife having sex with another man in our bed but I did not assault her.

I found my ex wife having sex with another man in our bed but I did not assault her.

That was right thing to do hopefully that example shuts up this troll.

This doesn't pertain to this thread...we're talking about if the woman hits the guy for cheating.

All you showed here is that you're a man and didn't hit a woman...good on you

All this shows is that you have a complete double standard.

What I want to know is, Woggle, did you assault the guy? or did you just tell him to leave and make sure he took his pants with him.

I never touched the guy but I have never seen a person get dressed and run out of a house so fast. It's funny as hell when I look back at it.

Ok, I'll believe you.

I imagine you left the house too in order to gather your thoughts... It's a good move.

Actually she left the house and never came back which was perfectly fine for me.

samsungxoxo
I never touched the guy but I have never seen a person get dressed and run out of a house so fast. It's funny as hell when I look back at it.
Wow... ok you got me laughing...:laugh:

I bet your ex wife was begging you to take her back right?.... amazing when cheaters lied and hide it until they get caught red-handed and have nothing else to say.

But I agree with Jet_Intake, it's not double-standard but just the way it is. You guys still have other advantages such as getting paid more or going on multiple dates.

samsungxoxo
Actually she left the house and never came back which was perfectly fine for me.
Ok nevermind, she left... good because no amount of apology would have fix that. It's bad enough to find out through sources or hear from someone else that you got cheated on but to actually see your spouse in the act... ouch..

It's gotta be stupid doing it in the marital bed or places where the cheater can get caught easily.

Wow... ok you got me laughing...:laugh:

I bet your ex wife was begging you to take her back right?.... amazing when cheaters lied and hide it until they get caught red-handed and have nothing else to say.

But I agree with Jet_Intake, it's not double-standard but just the way it is. You guys still have other advantages such as getting paid more or going on multiple dates.

She wasn't that day but when she found out I was happier without her she wanted me back and completely went off the deep end when she found out I was marrying my current wife. You guys know all about her shooting my windows out.

I agree that men on an average tend to be stronger but unless it is self defense we should not be promoting violence as the answer out problems.

threebyfate
All this talk about assault, geeze! Does this mean parents will go to jail for whipping their kids?
Absolutely they should go to jail for whipping their kids!
  • Author
Charismatic

Wow thanks to all of you who replied though I haven't finished reading. That POS didn't bother calling nor demanding the ring back.

I don't regret at all punching him. How could he do this to me after all I done to him? I helped him a lot and was there through hard time like when his mother diagnosed with bipolar and apart from that he knew what cheat felt like. His father cheated on his mother multiple times so if it was that bad then why did he repeat the same pattern?

I guess I'll have to pawn the ring and if he ever demands it, I will just say I lost it.

• Author
Charismatic
Don't worry...all the powers in here say that one punch in th eface is assault like she was really tearing him up lol... It was a smack... cause he was banging another chick.... What he was doing to her, is a hell of a lot worse than what she did IMO.
Indeed it was. It takes me a long time for me to trust a man and I take things slowly as possible. Once I trust him, this is when I can become naivee and don't expect anything to go wrong. I was dead mistaken but really didn't think he had the bones to do that. All this talk about how he hates cheaters esp after what his father did to his mother was BS, nothing but total crap.

Good to see at least some people are above their animal instincts. Just reread the post that made all hell break lose and don't think it's overstated and still mean every word of it.

It's just a woman punching a man for cheating on her. I'm sure I would have done the same thing and be happy about going to jail for it. Only a coward would report that to the cops. If that happens, then I bet he'll be embarrassed to explain the why it happened.

So because he won't go to the cops and you'll get away with it, it's OK? If a thief is sure he won't get caught, stealing is fine too I guess?

That POS didn't bother calling nor demanding the ring back.

I don't regret at all punching him. How could he do this to me after all I done to him?

I guess I'll have to pawn the ring and if he ever demands it, I will just say I lost it.

Good job on the beating, lying and stealing, you seem like a truly great person. But don't forget to put his house on fire. And call him 20 times per night just to hang up after he picks up. And give his car 4 flat tires every day. And get some friends to roughen him up a little every once in a while; after all, whatever you do now is totally justified because he once put his penis in someone else when he promised he wouldn't, and it made you feel unpleasant feelings.

And mods, please make a maximum number of posts per topic for new members, it would greatly reduce the amount of trolling.

DutchValhallaViking

Only one punch?....and he was able to talk after it? Impressive self-restraint imo.

leftfordead2
Good to see at least some people are above their animal instincts. Just reread the post that made all hell break lose and don't think it's overstated and still mean every word of it.

So because he won't go to the cops and you'll get away with it, it's OK? If a thief is sure he won't get caught, stealing is fine too I guess?

Ignore that samsung poster, check her history and you realize that she justifies her own lying and cheating in the past too.

samsungxoxo
Ignore that samsung poster, check her history and you realize that she justifies her own lying and cheating in the past too.
I didn't cheat. Lying well it depends on what type of lie. I'm sure everyone lies at one point, even if it's those little lies.

It's unfortunate that OP had so little control over herself as to punch her ex. He cheated, yes, but she had absolutely no right to hit him. I hope for her sake he doesn't press charges. She could be in some serious trouble. Then again, maybe she should face some consequences for her actions.

samsungxoxo
I did and see nothing wrong with it. A woman's punch is in no way compare to a man's. Let's see here: if I were to punch a jerk with all my might, at the most I may bruised him (or possible a broken nose, depends on where the punch landed and how I did it). Vice-versa if he does it, I would be seriously injured and lay there for possible 2 weeks in the hospital or possible die.

Now you see the difference? It's a lot. I'm not saying I'll do that, but I meant to state I get why the OP reacted that way. That was not just a bf & gf relationship, they were about to get married and start a family. That IMO is a big deal to be upset about.

I think you're blowing this out of proportion. This reaction she had was caused by him treating her so poorly.