So I talked to the hot teacher about asking her out today.

one goal

What I was trying to imply is that I don't think your personal feelings, or dislikes for someone should be used when grading students.

Couldn't the same be said about her teaching you ?

She shouldn't have to worry about your personal feelings or likes when teaching you..

You have stepped over the line...

I still think you need to ask her out again..

You have a shot.. she won't be expecting you to not take no for an answer and you will sweep her off her feet with you unwillingness to concede defeat..

Go for it...

:laugh:

Agreed. Except he'd need to make it even more over the top, and let her see he's really serious about it, and that he's not a quitter when it comes to dating. Like, get the dean involved (and his/her blessing), or go up in the front of the class and ask, or both! She'll be sure to say yes then, since she'll be so pressured into it.

No, seriously, don't even consider this chick any more.

And plus, you don't know for sure if it's based on who you are or your work. Just let it go, since it wont change a thing. You could try complaining to administration about it, but she will come forward about you asking her out, and that wont look good at all. No matter what, you lose here, hate to say it. Just back off, and hopefully she may stop it. Try ignoring her, or giving her all the space she needs to where she knows that you accept the answer she gave you.

• Author
Agreed. Except he'd need to make it even more over the top, and let her see he's really serious about it, and that he's not a quitter when it comes to dating. Like, get the dean involved (and his/her blessing), or go up in the front of the class and ask, or both! She'll be sure to say yes then, since she'll be so pressured into it.

No, seriously, don't even consider this chick any more.

And plus, you don't know for sure if it's based on who you are or your work. Just let it go, since it wont change a thing. You could try complaining to administration about it, but she will come forward about you asking her out, and that wont look good at all. No matter what, you lose here, hate to say it. Just back off, and hopefully she may stop it. Try ignoring her, or giving her all the space she needs to where she knows that you accept the answer she gave you.

You're right.

I do think I came off kinda harsh, and abbrasive when I was complaining to her about my grade today.

I didn't want to offend her or anything, but I have a 2.95 gpa right now and I need a 3.0 to have any chance at applying for scholarships. So I've been kinda freaking out over my grades in school right now.

• Author
I still think you need to ask her out again..

You have a shot.. she won't be expecting you to not take no for an answer and you will sweep her off her feet with you unwillingness to concede defeat..

Go for it...

:laugh:

No I wont ask again. I dont want to get in trouble cause she made it clear and told me not to ask again. I felt bad afterwards today cuz she looked upset when I was complaining about the grade. I went ahead and apologized to her when I got home and explained to her I worry about my grade because I need at least a 3.0 gpa.

I'm not sure how it works in the U.S. but in Australia my university had a policy whereby you could make an application to the head of your department to have your papers remarked by another professor.

This rarely happens because a- you need to have some pretty decent reason to believe that you have been graded unfairly and b- there is no guarantee that the new professor won't be much stricter in their grading.

this would be very tricky for you obv because you would most likely have to explain to the admin why you believed she was grading you unfairly. I would suggest you keep it in mind though. back off from her completely. continue you studies. If maybe a month or so from now you are over her and more centered but notice you grade are still consistently worse than before it might be worthwhile to go back and discuss the matter of your grades with her a little more (probably still better than going right over her head to admin straight away. sometimes these things can be fixed more easily or she could be more likely to admit to having her judgment clouded and go with you to admin to back up your story).

No I wont ask again. I dont want to get in trouble cause she made it clear and told me not to ask again. I felt bad afterwards today cuz she looked upset when I was complaining about the grade. I went ahead and apologized to her when I got home and explained to her I worry about my grade because I need at least a 3.0 gpa.

Please don't tell me you e-mailed her an apology. If that means you did, don't do it ever again. Seriously. No matter what.

• Author
I'm not sure how it works in the U.S. but in Australia my university had a policy whereby you could make an application to the head of your department to have your papers remarked by another professor.

This rarely happens because a- you need to have some pretty decent reason to believe that you have been graded unfairly and b- there is no guarantee that the new professor won't be much stricter in their grading.

this would be very tricky for you obv because you would most likely have to explain to the admin why you believed she was grading you unfairly. I would suggest you keep it in mind though. back off from her completely. continue you studies. If maybe a month or so from now you are over her and more centered but notice you grade are still consistently worse than before it might be worthwhile to go back and discuss the matter of your grades with her a little more (probably still better than going right over her head to admin straight away. sometimes these things can be fixed more easily or she could be more likely to admit to having her judgment clouded and go with you to admin to back up your story).

Problem is if I did go to the dept chair or the dept dean especially, that would really piss her off. She would for sure tell them about me asking her out. And I would likely get in trouble. I assume she didnt tell anyone hopefully. None of my classmates know about it. Can u imagine if they found out?

Thing is I dont want to upset her. She seems like a nice girl. The thing is on rate my professor people say if she doesnt like u, she will make the time in her class difficult. I kinda got that jive today when she kinda smarted back at me. I wasnt tryingto hurt her feelings but was just asking why lately it seems my grades have been lower and asking her what to improve on.

• Author
Please don't tell me you e-mailed her an apology. If that means you did, don't do it ever again. Seriously. No matter what.

Why do you say that? Is it bad to apologize in email, rather than in person?

• Author

This is what I emailed her.

Hey. I want to apologize if I sounded harsh, and critical of your grading of my work when I was talking to you today. You didn't look too happy about it. I wasn't upset with you or trying to judge you and your teaching abilities. I actually enjoy going to your class, and think you're a great teacher. I mean I wouldn't have asked you to hangout with me that one time if I hated your class lol.

The reason why I was so concerned about getting the C on that last paper and the lower grade is because I have a 2.95 GPA right now, and I want to get over 3.0 so I can apply for scholarships. The college I'm going to in the fall after financial aid I'll still have to pay over 4 grand out of pocket a year, and my parents don't want to really pay for my education because they're are already helping me out on my bills. So it's important I get all A's this semester if possible!

I'll be sure to put more effort into the last assignment. Since I'm doing it on something I love I shouldn't have a problem with getting an A on it.

I'm looking forward to ending the semester on a good note!

This is what I emailed her.

Hey. I want to apologize if I sounded harsh, and critical of your grading of my work when I was talking to you today. You didn't look too happy about it. I wasn't upset with you or trying to judge you and your teaching abilities. I actually enjoy going to your class, and think you're a great teacher. I mean I wouldn't have asked you to hangout with me that one time if I hated your class lol.

The best way to have handled the bit where you asked her out and she turned you down would've been to NEVER MENTION IT TO HER AGAIN after your initial chat with her about it. You can start now, but you should've started sooner.

Your grades are about your work, not about you asking her out.

Why do you say that? Is it bad to apologize in email, rather than in person?

It's bad to keep trying to talk to her at all. Especially since you brought up asking her out. Don't bring it up again. Don't talk to her again if you can help it, and just move on. Seriously dude, you're hurting yourself way more than you realize by obsessing over this situation. Like I said before, you're really starting to seem psychotic by not letting it go and keep posting your updates on here about it when we all basically say the same exact thing to you and you refuse to listen.

I posted this link before a while ago, it's from one of my favorite sites that stopped posting like last year. Do me a favor and try NOT to be one of these guys, especially to her. I know your messages sound absolutely nothing like these, and these are over the top situations, but you catch my drift..no girl likes obsessive following, or messages after the fact that she said no. Please just be the good guy here and keep a casual student-teacher relationship going on for the rest of the semester, please?

http://psychoticlettersfrommen.blogspot.com/

one goal,

you've ignored about EVERY suggestion you were given, and you are sliding ever deeper into the Creep Zone. You're coming across as a loser.

We told you to make it a point to do extra well on your course-work and not go out of your way to give this woman attention. You have since

--emailed her 4 times "about class" when in reality you were just trying to ping her for attention

--sent her a Facebook friend request

--sent her this lame "apology" about your discussion with her about your grades, which is really another attempt to ping her for attention.

--haven't been focusing on your classwork (otherwise you wouldn't need to discuss a damn thing with her regarding your assignment because she would have given you a good grade already--I swear, if you spent this much energy on your classwork, you'd be getting straight A's).

I'm sure that isn't even everything you did.

It's bad to keep trying to talk to her at all. Especially since you brought up asking her out. Don't bring it up again. Don't talk to her again if you can help it, and just move on. Seriously dude, you're hurting yourself way more than you realize by obsessing over this situation. Like I said before, you're really starting to seem psychotic by not letting it go and keep posting your updates on here about it when we all basically say the same exact thing to you and you refuse to listen.

I posted this link before a while ago, it's from one of my favorite sites that stopped posting like last year. Do me a favor and try NOT to be one of these guys, especially to her. I know your messages sound absolutely nothing like these, and these are over the top situations, but you catch my drift..no girl likes obsessive following, or messages after the fact that she said no. Please just be the good guy here and keep a casual student-teacher relationship going on for the rest of the semester, please?

http://psychoticlettersfrommen.blogspot.com/

Wow, the letters in that blog are incredible - I think that link should be posted in every thread where men are complaining about women not responding to their persistent overtures.

To the OP, let this situation serve as a valuable life lesson and if you are indeed so concerned about performing well in school and getting good grades that's what you should have been focusing on in the first place not hitting on your teacher.

• Author
Wow, the letters in that blog are incredible - I think that link should be posted in every thread where men are complaining about women not responding to their persistent overtures.

To the OP, let this situation serve as a valuable life lesson and if you are indeed so concerned about performing well in school and getting good grades that's what you should have been focusing on in the first place not hitting on your teacher.

Well first off the bat I DONT have a girlfriend. This teacher seriously is f***** hot! Tall, pretty smile, nice face, everything. Her being the only single, hot lady in class makes it kind of tempting to hit on her. She is soooo hot. Also she's older too. It is very hard to focus in class when you have no girlfriend and have to watch this hot chick for hour 15 minutes every day.

If I had a hot gf I wouldn't be hitting on the teacher now. It's not my fault all the hot girls i asked out before were not interested.

If the teacher didn't want me emailing her all the time why didn't she just tell me?

This teacher seriously is f***** hot! Tall, pretty smile, nice face, everything.

The sooner you stop thinking of her as "the hot teacher" the healthier your grades will be. Sure, she's hot, but she's not interested. You can't have her. Get that into your head.

This woman is your teacher. She doesn't want a relationship with you in any other capacity. Respect that.

if i mention why I sent her a friend request, will she flip out?

Dunno, but we all know that you sent her a friend request because you think she's hot and you somehow are still delusional that she's going to want to be more than your teacher. She knows this, too.

Think of all your other teachers. Think of the one you have the least contact with. This is the amount of contact you need to have with this particular teacher as well.

Do you understand why?

• Author
Dunno, but we all know that you sent her a friend request because you think she's hot and you somehow are still delusional that she's going to want to be more than your teacher. She knows this, too.

Think of all your other teachers. Think of the one you have the least contact with. This is the amount of contact you need to have with this particular teacher as well.

Do you understand why?

Yes, I do. Like I said though other students are on her facebook so what is the difference if I'm on there too then?

Yes, I do. Like I said though other students are on her facebook so what is the difference if I'm on there too then?

Can you really not think of a reason?

Because you are a creepy stalker who can't take no for an answer. Do you honestly believe that she's enjoying all this drama?

Leave her the f*** alone before she makes a formal complaint against you.

LeaningIntoTheMuse
Well first off the bat I DONT have a girlfriend. This teacher seriously is f***** hot! Tall, pretty smile, nice face, everything. Her being the only single, hot lady in class makes it kind of tempting to hit on her. She is soooo hot. Also she's older too. It is very hard to focus in class when you have no girlfriend and have to watch this hot chick for hour 15 minutes every day.

If I had a hot gf I wouldn't be hitting on the teacher now. It's not my fault all the hot girls i asked out before were not interested.

If the teacher didn't want me emailing her all the time why didn't she just tell me?

So it's her fault that she doesn't find you attractive?

So it's her fault that you're creeping her out?

So it's her fault that you're acting like a borderline psychopath?

Dude...stop. Just, stop. Leave this poor woman alone.

I commented about the hot teacher I found out was married. Did I pursue her after I found out she was married? Hell no! She was taken! It doesn't matter that she was one of the hottest girls I've ever laid my eyes on, she wasn't going to date me. She wasn't interested in me.

You need to realize that A.) she's not interested in you, B.) she's probably pretty freaked out that you're all obsessed with her, and C.) she probably will file a restraining order against you, because you're acting like a serial killer or something.

I'd like to know how she's being mean. Is she just not treating you with attention? Dude, that's what ALL women do when they're not interested in you.

And if your intention is to scare her enough to give you a good grade, you've already succeeded.

Just because a girl is hot, doesn't mean she has to go out with you. She actually has to find you attractive first. Aim for girls that you know want you, not one that you know doesn't.

OP, I think you should just lay it all on the line. Wait until after class and then tell her you need to talk to her in private. She wont reject it. Then, just look deep into her eyes, tell her how soft her skin looks, how pretty a smile she has, that you'll treat her like a queen and then some. Do it fast! If you dont, someone else will snatch her up next semesta.

When you do this, man, dont say "Let me take you out." Just tell her how you feel about her and stare at her good when saying this too okay? Then you walk away. Dont let this opportunity slip you by, okay, man? Let us know how it goes. :rolleyes:

LeaningIntoTheMuse
OP, I think you should just lay it all on the line. Wait until after class and then tell her you need to talk to her in private. She wont reject it. Then, just look deep into her eyes, tell her how soft her skin looks, how pretty a smile she has, that you'll treat her like a queen and then some. Do it fast! If you dont, someone else will snatch her up next semesta.

When you do this, man, dont say "Let me take you out." Just tell her how you feel about her and stare at her good when saying this too okay? Then you walk away. Dont let this opportunity slip you by, okay, man? Let us know how it goes. :rolleyes:

I've got a better solution.

Send her another email, asking her to meet up with you. Then you'll meet up, she'll bring the police, and they will arrest you. They'll throw you in a jail cell, awaiting bail. Meanwhile, you'll be felt up by Bubba, the horny inmate.

I've got a better solution.

Send her another email, asking her to meet up with you. Then you'll meet up, she'll bring the police, and they will arrest you. They'll throw you in a jail cell, awaiting bail. Meanwhile, you'll be felt up by Bubba, the horny inmate.

Just an addendum to your suggestion, I think he should include naked pictures of himself in that email to wet her appetite.