Breast Feeding in Public

fantasy2000

Well, I think mostly because it's a taboo thing in civilized society. In some Native Cultures where women don't wear a whole lot of clothing, breasts are really seen as a non issue, we're the only species the gives a rat's ass about em'. Not that I don't love boobs, I've just saying the only reason why people would find them taboo is because its something so regularly hidden from sight.

I actualy see tits and a$$ all the time and it never gets old... so I wouldn't say the hidden thing applies to me

shadowofman

Breasts developed to protrude because of an inherent sexualization of them which began nearly 3 million years ago.

The taboo of exposed breasts only adds to the immature hyper-sexualization of the breast. A bad thing because it increases obsessive fixation in most men. I don't blame women for being offended by the thought of other women exposing their breasts because of the immature reactions from men, but consider the fact that if you all exposed your breasts, male immaturity would subside.

The breast would return to equal part feeding tool, equal part sexy anatomy. Much like the neck or legs of a woman are sexy.

Breasts developed to protrude because of an inherent sexualization of them which began nearly 3 million years ago.

The taboo of exposed breasts only adds to the immature hyper-sexualization of the breast. A bad thing because it increases obsessive fixation in most men. I don't blame women for being offended by the thought of other women exposing their breasts because of the immature reactions from men, but consider the fact that if you all exposed your breasts, male immaturity would subside.

The breast would return to equal part feeding tool, equal part sexy anatomy. Much like the neck or legs of a woman are sexy.

please girls get in trouble for even showing to much leg.

• Author
fantasy2000
Op, you need to get over yourself. Female breasts may be a lot of things, but their PRIMARY purpose is simple and well known - to feed offspring. Your society-induced fear of them is trumped by this, I'm afraid. They may have sexuality associated with them, but that is lower on the the list.. not nearly as high of a precedent as feeding babies. A baby's need to eat (yes, at that moment) is more important than your desire not to see a breast.

I guess it is about being discreet thats all. Perhaps I should lighten up a bit but on one occasion though I was on a commuter train facing a breast feeding woman who made no attempt to be modest. I was tired and did not want to go somewhere else and stand. The kid was screaming now and then so that added to my headache and I could not fall asleep.

DaisyLeigh

Oh please. Most times, you see less when a woman breastfeeds than another woman on the beach in a string bikini.

I mean, God Forbid the breast be used for a purpose other than ogling.

PutTheBlameOnMame

It dosn't really bother me, after all kid's gotta eat. However with the invention of the breast pump...pulling out your boob isn't really necessary. To each their own I guess.

D-lish, I wish I had your Job!!:D

No you don't, lol.

I do see some nice boobs sometimes, but I see a lot of not so nice ones as well. My job is to make them nice by selling them the right bra:cool:

I would be willing to look at the bad ones, to be able to look at the good ones, any day.:D When I get out of the service how about a reference?:laugh: Hey , I would even be willing to "hand fit", them.

I would be willing to look at the bad ones, to be able to look at the good ones, any day.:D When I get out of the service how about a reference?:laugh: Hey , I would even be willing to "hand fit", them.

I do hand fit them, lol. I've actually scooped up an elongated breast and put it in the cup of a bra. She was in her late 70's;)

Ohhhhh, you put the tit IN the bra, I see. I was thinking I would be the one to take them OUT of the bra. I've had lots of practice doing that part.:D

SpanksTheMonkey

If its done discretely like some one said with a blanket or cover then no prob. Also like some one else said tho they have Brest pumps too? Ive never used one so I don't know what there like so I wont vouch for it sounds kinda painful lol :confused:

I cant believe allot of women haven't seen the mommy rooms really? Ive seen them all over malls different retailers and even a few of our grocery stores have them now. I will agree most restaurants need them theres no way a mother should be expected to use the bathroom eww :sick:

I think at the end of the day with a little consideration on both ends there should be no probs! I would never approach a women outright tho no need just walk away. And thank you all for the kind words by the way too.

Sorry for the t/j, fantasy. I was just getting job training from D-Lish.:D

shadowofman

Honestly, I don't care about women feeding their parasites wherever they want, just someone please make Girls Gone Wild go away. I like boobs just like anyone else, but they seem to turn modern men into Beavis and Butthead far too easily.

DaisyLeigh
It dosn't really bother me, after all kid's gotta eat. However with the invention of the breast pump...pulling out your boob isn't really necessary. To each their own I guess.

Do you realize that some women are not able to get much with the breast pump? I had no issues, but I know many who were not able to even get an ounce or two.

And quite frankly, why should they have to use it if they don't want to?

Chrome Barracuda

I have no problem with it, i put on my ipod and zone out, but there are some women, that dont need to be doing it. There's a woman who was mad they told her to stop it, she was mad but her kid is F-ing 5 years old. A goddamn toddler!!! When i was five i was drinking pepsi from the goodamn can with a straw, breast feeding is for babies! that kid was not a damn baby!

blind_otter
Do you realize that some women are not able to get much with the breast pump? I had no issues, but I know many who were not able to even get an ounce or two.

My best mommy friend could literally pump 8-10 oz per session. My boobs just did not respond to the pump at all.

donnamaybe
My best mommy friend could literally pump 8-10 oz per session. My boobs just did not respond to the pump at all.

Mine didn't either until a friend clued me in that it sometimes helps to manipulate your other nipple at the same time. Worked like a charm! But it still was a PITA to do all that. I did because I had to go back to work and didn't want my son drinking sub-standard formula while I was at the office.

fooled once

I bottle fed my son and guess what, he grew up just fine! ;)

Personally, I don't want to see anyone breastfeeding with their boobs out when I am at dinner. Doesn't help my appetite.

I am also disgusted by any child over the age of 1 being breastfed.

I had a friend who breastfed her son until he was 2 and he would walk up to her, pull up her shirt, move her bra to the side and start suckling. Then he would run off to play. It was disgusting. Didn't matter where they were and she didn't have any problem with him doing that. Yuck!

Just my personal preference. Everyone is entitled to their view on this and it doesn't make anyone's view wrong or right.

PutTheBlameOnMame

No, I've never had a child. And I didn't say anothing like "ewww they shouldn't do that" all I said was try to advoid trouble, I'm sorry if I insolted you. And now I bet you going to say somthing like why should we advoid trouble...no one should care. So I think I'm just going to stop posting in to this thread so there is no silly online drama.

• Author
fantasy2000

Lets face it, a woman's breasts will always be seen as sexual by a man. I cannot look at a woman's breasts without it having some effect on me if you know what I mean.

However, I think I have got the point from the great feedback and interest in this thread that the baby's needs should take priority over what people think in certain situations. I think there is a balance in what is considered good social manners with people being a little understanding of the mother's situation.

I am willing to offer my services as "nipple manipulator". Like Donna says.:D

threebyfate

I'm trying to figure out why it's necessary for breast feeding mothers to push their beliefs and breasts into the public's face. Tasteless as hell.

blind_otter
I'm trying to figure out why it's necessary for breast feeding mothers to push their beliefs and breasts into the public's face. Tasteless as hell.

I don't. Attitudes like yours are why I spent my son's infancy nursing inside a locked car.

I just don't see why it's offensive. You can just, you know, look away.