Breast Feeding in Public

fantasy2000

donnamaybe
Oh yes please!:D:D

The kids only ate when I was at home! I wasn't tromping around the mall or dining in a restaurant when the kids needed to be fed.

Wow. You could ALWAYS predict their exact feeding times? You have a real gift there! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao::rolleyes:

Actually, I have spent time with lots of BFing mothers in the last year, and I haven't been with anyone that let them "all hang out".

Most of the time if you have a decent nursing bra and top you actually can't- and it is unnecessary.

I had some great tops that had discreet little openings where I could just tuck WB into them. There are so many great maternity/ feeding outfits on the market now.

donnamaybe
Oh come on now. That's like saying the woman who breastfeeds at the restaurant in front of other's is a selfish biatch who doesn't care about other people. .

No, that's like saying I won't allow a selfish biatch to chase me out of my own life. ;)

donnamaybe

http://www.bodyecology.com/07/08/02/microwave_dangers.php

"Plastic in the Microwave

Another risk when using microwaves is that cancer-causing compounds from plastic containers and plastic wrap can leach into your food.[sIZE=-1]3[/sIZE]

FDA science policy analyst Catherine Bailey says "When you microwave, it's a good idea not to have the plastic touch the food."[sIZE=-1]4[/sIZE]

This is especially important advice for mothers who are currently heating their baby's bottle in the microwave.

Many mothers already know that microwaves heat liquids unevenly, so milk heated in the microwave could have hot spots that scald your baby. But the greater risk is that hormone-disrupting chemicals from plastic bottles heated in the microwave leach into the milk.

Bisphenol A, a chemical toxin that affects neural and reproductive development, is present in some popular plastic baby bottles and low doses of the chemical are linked to cancers, early puberty, obesity, and diabetes.

Avoid the possibility of toxins contaminating your food by not microwaving in plastic at all. "

Art_Critic

I think to level the playing field that if a woman breast feeds her child in public you should be able to fart, giggle and blame someone else while in her presence.

Tit for Tat :laugh:

donnamaybe
I think to level the playing field that if a woman breast feeds her child in public you should be able to fart, giggle and blame someone else while in her presence.

Tit for Tat :laugh:

lol

Actually, one is quite disgusting, the other a natural and loving gesture. Why SOME people view them the same is completely beyond me. :(

Breastfeeding is DEFINITELY not a selfish activity.

You don't go through that much pain for yourself!

donnamaybe
Having sex is also a loving gesture. Using your rationale, it should be okay for everyone who loves their partner to have at it on restaurant tables. After all, it affects no one when they do this and they're only being loving with each other.

Oh, good gawd. Quit grasping at straws. It's really quite transparent and - well - FUNNY at least. :lmao: :lmao: :rolleyes:

donnamaybe
Breastfeeding is DEFINITELY not a selfish activity.

You don't go through that much pain for yourself!

Yes, but one can REFUSE to breastfeed for selfish reasons. ;)

I would have taken Wonderbaby to a nice restaurant (and did) when she was smaller, but now she is a bit busy and noisy for that. H and I are both foodies, so we will probably start taking her again when she is old enough to appreciate it.

I take her places during the day and sometimes that involves eating out, but we have a pretty rigid bedtime routine now, so if we go anywhere its to a friends where we can put her travelcot up and get her to bed at the right time.

She eats at the table with us now- messy business but its great fun watching her try new foods. I would only go to a child friendly restaurant at this stage mainly because of the mess!

Art_Critic
it should be okay for everyone who loves their partner to have at it on restaurant tables.

Only if she is hot!!

Of course I would get in trouble from my wife by not turning my head and enjoying the show :laugh:

Art_Critic
I agree that breastfeeding isn't a selfish action. But breastfeeding while fully exposed in public is a selfish action. Two different things.

I think that fully exposed would be kinda voyeuristic.. I'm not sure any woman would go fully exposed and if she did she was doing it to make someone uncomfortable.

Most woman that I know don't want to show their boob to the public they just want to feed their child and keep it hidden while doing so..

Why must they make a statement to people who don't give a rats ass about their statement, just want to enjoy dinner?

I think the only statement being made is by the baby demanding to be fed

Art_Critic

My son has been eating at restaurants since he was about 4-5 months old..

O'Charlies is our favorite place to take him as the wait staff loves kids..

It is a bit harder to just go to lunch by yourself but we go all the time as a family and always have..

Not ONE case of screaming or crying ever at a place to eat..

I will say though that when we go it is more along the lines of in and out as any more than maybe an hour in a chair and he is ready to get out of there.

Well as I said, I haven't seen anyone who has let it all hang out to the point that its offensive IMO.

I have only ever seen people do it the way I did it- discreetly and modestly.

As an aside- took WB to a cafe for lunch the other day and won't be doing that again in a hurry she is at the very inquisitive stage that involves grabbing lots of things. She put her hand in my bowl of rice salad and tried to eat some of it then dropped the rest on my lap- cute, but not so cute for mummys outfit.

Next time we go somewhere there is a highchair!

Art_Critic
Don't fool yourself. There's a statement being made by most (not all) who do flaunt themselves in public.

I would agree.. that is why I said in my earlier post that if they do show it all then they are trying to make someone uncomfortable..

Don't fool yourself. There's a statement being made by most (not all) who do flaunt themselves in public.

I seriously do not think the overwhelming majority of women who breastfeed in public are flaunting themselves. They are just doing the most natural act of personally taking care of their baby's needs. They are putting their children first, not themselves.

threebyfate
I seriously do not think the overwhelming majority of women who breastfeed in public are flaunting themselves. They are just doing the most natural act of personally taking care of their baby's needs. They are putting their children first, not themselves.
Refer to my previous posts. "Flaunt" means to fully expose their breast(s).
threebyfate
I would agree.. that is why I said in my earlier post that if they do show it all then they are trying to make someone uncomfortable..
Did you know that this type of behaviour is being encouraged by militant women's breastfeeding groups, particularly in states where breastfeeding freedoms haven't been put into law? It's intended to get people riled, make it a public spectacle so they can force the issue into law. This type of behaviour is so not tasteful, same as militant bra-burners. These are aspects of the Feminist movement I will not embrace, willingly rejecting these practices.
donnamaybe
:laugh:

As expressed way, way earlier in this thread, discreet breastfeeding doesn't bother me. It's the flaunters that disturb my digestion when trying to have a nice, romantic dinner with my partner. Absolutely tasteless. :mad:

And as you also said way earlier in this thread, "The act of open public breast-feeding disgusts me. The act of breast-feeding itself disgusts me, open or otherwise, which is why it's not my choice."

Hmmm...... :confused:

Refer to my previous posts. "Flaunt" means to fully expose their breast(s).

To me, "flaunt" means more than just showing some flesh. It's about making a show of it, making a deliberate fuss of it. This is not something most breastfeeding women do. It seems as if more fuss is being made by those who object to the public feeding of babies.

Dont think I have breast fed in public before.. but I would not kick up a stink about someone else doing this. I would just think that the child is hungry. If the child was three or four years old or something weird like that I would probably just move before my mind became too disturbed..

People are strange to complain about a baby feeding on Mums breast... its natural and beautiful :confused:

Take care,

Eve xx

donnamaybe
Dont think I have breast fed in public before.. but I would not kick up a stink about someone else doing this. I would just think that the child is hungry. If the child was three or four years old or something weird like that I would probably just move before my mind became too disturbed..

People are strange to complain about a baby feeding on Mums breast... its natural and beautiful :confused:

Take care,

Eve xx

Be careful. Soon you'll be accused of wanting to screw on the tabletops in a restaurant. :laugh:

threebyfate

Take care,

Eve xx

It's also natural and beautiful to have sex with your loved one. So why is it prohibited in public?

Line in the sand of tasteful behaviour in polite company and full exposure while breastfeeding is oh so tasteless.

donnamaybe
Be careful. Soon you'll be accused of wanting to screw on the tabletops in a restaurant. :laugh:

What'd I tell ya?!!! :lmao: