A weight loss challenge FOR YOU!

Admittedly, the way you look in clothes is very different than how you look in your sports bra and yoga pants. In the yoga pants, your hips are virtually non-existent. :) That's very similar to how I'm built (in your yoga pants).

But overall, we have a similar body type, but I'm heavier. I'm also 2 inches taller though. But overall, I'm carrying more fat than you are (all in my belly region)... that's what I want to get rid of.

ahh....maybe similar to my Dec 2009 body in that blue dress in my profile. I had lower belly still in there but I cheated, I used spanx underneath so it appeared flatter (though you could still see a pouch in there) :p. When my hubby found out, he called me "Bridget Jones" (in the movie, she was wearing scary underwear for her first date with Hugh Grant lol). I am glad that I no longer need to use that spanx anymore :p.

Keep doing the P90X/Insanity and lift heavy. I bet you will have the hot bods and rock hard abs in 2 - 3 months. My abs changed quite a bit compared to the yoga pants pic, I think almost have a 4 packs now plus a V in the lower abs and the waist is smaller (so the hips appear bigger too). I even bought bikinis 2 weeks ago...so excited! I am going to Hawaii in August and I have a bachelorette party in Miami in June (pool party at the delano hotel), so my goal is to keep toning that abs, the back, and the triceps because my girlfriends, they are all so fit & toned, I want to ensure that I blend in :).

Edited by cuppa
Thanks! That's not actually the wedding dress that I bought, I don't have a pic of me in it. Here is the link of the model wearing it:

http://www.allurebridals.com/index.php?id=3&product_id=110

Our wedding is September 18th, I'm so excited!!!

I don't know, maybe my hips are smaller then I think they are! :laugh:

oh this one is pretty too. If I were you, I would focus on the back and the arms, more than the thigh, since the dress really accentuate it. it will be nice to have pic of you in that wedding gown, glancing back while showing off your beautiful back :).

Lauriebell82
oh this one is pretty too. If I were you, I would focus on the back and the arms, more than the thigh, since the dress really accentuate it. it will be nice to have pic of you in that wedding gown, glancing back while showing off your beautiful back :).

Yeah, but my arms and back are actually okay right now..even though the dress doesn't show the thighs I still want to get rid of them just so I look better in pants and can buy a smaller size! It's a pain having my pants be so long.

It appears that you actually may have longer legs then I do also. My legs are "stubby" I guess you could say which makes them look even bigger with my huge thighs. Ugh, the complications of being a woman. :laugh:

Fiance makes fun of me and says he wishes he had more hair in a little mocking voice because I am so down on myself about my weight.

Lauriebell82
I am going to Hawaii in August and I have a bachelorette party in Miami in June (pool party at the delano hotel), so my goal is to keep toning that abs, the back, and the triceps because my girlfriends, they are all so fit & toned, I want to ensure that I blend in :).

Haha, yea my bridemaids are all like a size 0 or a size 2. It's annoying!

We are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon in September, we are staying on Waikiki. Where are you guys staying?

To keep on topic, fiance and I are both trying to get our beach bods so we look hot for Hawaii!!!:D

ahh....maybe similar to my Dec 2009 body in that blue dress in my profile. I had lower belly still in there but I cheated, I used spanx underneath so it appeared flatter (though you could still see a pouch in there) :p. When my hubby found out, he called me "Bridget Jones" (in the movie, she was wearing scary underwear for her first date with Hugh Grant lol). I am glad that I no longer need to use that spanx anymore :p.

Keep doing the P90X/Insanity and lift heavy. I bet you will have the hot bods and rock hard abs in 2 - 3 months. My abs changed quite a bit compared to the yoga pants pic, I think almost have a 4 packs now plus a V in the lower abs and the waist is smaller (so the hips appear bigger too). I even bought bikinis 2 weeks ago...so excited! I am going to Hawaii in August and I have a bachelorette party in Miami in June (pool party at the delano hotel), so my goal is to keep toning that abs, the back, and the triceps because my girlfriends, they are all so fit & toned, I want to ensure that I blend in :).

Okay, I wore yoga pants yesterday and checked myself out on the mirror, and wasn't too far off from your picture from the FRONT view, but the side I look a little poochy. It's weird, I look toned in my belly, but I'm really soft there. I wish it was more like my legs and arms.

And I feel ya on Hawaii - I'm going NEXT MONTH and am WAY behind on having the rockin' body! I'll look awesome in SHORT shorts and tanks, but I'm a little nervous about the itty bitty bikini... LOL

Okay, I wore yoga pants yesterday and checked myself out on the mirror, and wasn't too far off from your picture from the FRONT view, but the side I look a little poochy. It's weird, I look toned in my belly, but I'm really soft there. I wish it was more like my legs and arms.

And I feel ya on Hawaii - I'm going NEXT MONTH and am WAY behind on having the rockin' body! I'll look awesome in SHORT shorts and tanks, but I'm a little nervous about the itty bitty bikini... LOL

:p...here is my test when I decide if I am going to wear one piece or a g string bikini. I will do a star jump in front of mirror, if my stomach jiggle then no bikini for me lol (even though it's flat). I think same with sport bra plus yoga pants. If I ran and i felt that it's jiggle, there is no way I will take off my tank top. That'll be an eye sore for me and for everyone else LOL.

:p...here is my test when I decide if I am going to wear one piece or a g string bikini. I will do a star jump in front of mirror, if my stomach jiggle then no bikini for me lol (even though it's flat). I think same with sport bra plus yoga pants. If I ran and i felt that it's jiggle, there is no way I will take off my tank top. That'll be an eye sore for me and for everyone else LOL.

:lmao: If jiggle is the test than I will definitely be one of my tankinis or a strapless one-piece!! All my swimsuits are very cute and sexy, but I definitely don't want to be exposing my tummy jiggle!! :lmao:

Haha, yea my bridemaids are all like a size 0 or a size 2. It's annoying!

We are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon in September, we are staying on Waikiki. Where are you guys staying?

To keep on topic, fiance and I are both trying to get our beach bods so we look hot for Hawaii!!!:D

How funny, hubby and I are the same way. So in 2005, we went to brazil with a group of our friends. At the time, I was ok (like if I didn't move, I looked good in bikini but when I started walking, everything wiggled like crazy), my hubby on the other hand, he was a bit chubby.

So of course, in the era of facebook, people uploaded our pics and tag us in there. He was quite mortified and silently un-tag himself from the pic, but still, the damage is done :p. So now, we have to have that beach bods just in case someone took a pic of us again and uploaded them in their facebook lol.

We are going to Maui and probably Oahu for a few days as well.

• Author
I want to lose the same amount - but I'm not sure it's possible. I eat pretty clean (I do splurge with wine though), and I'm pretty fit - the fat just won't come off! :mad:

I look just like you in clothes, but my belly most certainly does not look that good without my shirt on. Like you, I also have slender hips - that's why my tummy stands out as being a problem more so than someone who has hips.

I have wide hips a smaller waist and big boobs. I gain all my weight in my lower abs and hips/butt area. ggrrr.

• Author

at least I have until July to get in bikini shape. We are going to lake Tahoe for a week.

I think I am trying to add more protein. egg white omletes to my diet to see if I feel more full.

at least I have until July to get in bikini shape. We are going to lake Tahoe for a week.

I think I am trying to add more protein. egg white omletes to my diet to see if I feel more full.

Do you eat 6 times a day? From Monday - Thursday, I eat very well. 6 times a day and I never feel hungry so I never pig out or have big meals at night during the weekdays. My coworker lost tons of weight doing this too.

My downfall is that I pig out on the weekend and eat really bad food (I drink wine/cocktails too) when I go out with friends. I figure this will never change as I need to enjoy life so I make it up with my workouts.

I've heard alot about 6 small meals, but I find that I work best if I split up my 1600 daily caloric intake like this

300 breakfast (normally a small bowl of cereal)

100 snack, maybe an apple or a hardboiled egg

400 lunch, right now it's a salad with a chicken breast on top

600-700 calorie supper, it fills my big meal quota and gives me enough wiggle room to have small amounts of pasta or other high calorie foods

100 snack, another apple or egg mostly.

oh, and I rarely get hungry except right before meals.

I've heard alot about 6 small meals, but I find that I work best if I split up my 1600 daily caloric intake like this

300 breakfast (normally a small bowl of cereal)

100 snack, maybe an apple or a hardboiled egg

400 lunch, right now it's a salad with a chicken breast on top

600-700 calorie supper, it fills my big meal quota and gives me enough wiggle room to have small amounts of pasta or other high calorie foods

100 snack, another apple or egg mostly.

oh, and I rarely get hungry except right before meals.

Rorschach, are you a male or female? 1600 seems low esp once you start doing those exercises.

I'm 5'2 125 lbs and I think I eat about 1500 - 2000 calories (or more if I do 2 workouts a day) since I figure I burned about 500 - 1000 a day. I try to net 1200 at least (more or less) so I don't ruin my metabolism. If I don't exercise, then I eat about 1400 - 1500.

Rorschach, are you a male or female? 1600 seems low esp once you start doing those exercises.

I'm 5'2 125 lbs and I think I eat about 1500 - 2000 calories (or more if I do 2 workouts a day) since I figure I burned about 500 - 1000 a day. I try to net 1200 at least (more or less) so I don't ruin my metabolism. If I don't exercise, then I eat about 1400 - 1500.

I'm 6'0 262 lb male, I started this diet at 297 pounds.

At 297 pounds I was eating about 3200-3500 calories a day, with little excersize

At 200 pounds (goal weight) I should be eating 2200 calories a day with moderate exercise (I got to the gym 4-5 times a week for 60-90 minutes, which might be heavy exercise I don't know)

To lose weight at 3 1/2 pounds a week I'm supposed to take in 1680 according to my nutrionalist friend.

it's not alot of calories but I like a couple things about it, one is that I've been on the diet for over 2 months and I can't say I feel like I'm dieting that much (IE I don't feel hungry all the time), and two when I reach my goal weight I'm allowed another 600 calories a day to maintain current weight, which is like, awesome >_> by the time I hit my goal I'll feel like I'm overeating XD

oh and fyi I keep a detailed log book of every last thing I've eaten and how many calories it was for the past 2 months so I know just when I was good and when I was bad, it's helped alot.

I'm 6'0 262 lb male, I started this diet at 297 pounds.

At 297 pounds I was eating about 3200-3500 calories a day, with little excersize

At 200 pounds (goal weight) I should be eating 2200 calories a day with moderate exercise (I got to the gym 4-5 times a week for 60-90 minutes, which might be heavy exercise I don't know)

To lose weight at 3 1/2 pounds a week I'm supposed to take in 1680 according to my nutrionalist friend.

it's not alot of calories but I like a couple things about it, one is that I've been on the diet for over 2 months and I can't say I feel like I'm dieting that much (IE I don't feel hungry all the time), and two when I reach my goal weight I'm allowed another 600 calories a day to maintain current weight, which is like, awesome >_> by the time I hit my goal I'll feel like I'm overeating XD

oh and fyi I keep a detailed log book of every last thing I've eaten and how many calories it was for the past 2 months so I know just when I was good and when I was bad, it's helped alot.

Ah Ok, this is the part that got me confused. I was in livestrong community for a while and tracked my food for 2 weeks (that's when I decided to cut sugar completely from my coffee).

I thought we should go with net calories instead of calorie intake. For example, says, if I want to lose 1 lb a week and I have to take in 1200 cals a day, that means I eat 2000 - burned 800 = net 1200. Because if I eat 1200 and I burned 1000, this means I only leave 200 cals for my body for everything else throughout the day? Anyways, people on livestrong always say that I am under in my calorie intake and people in my crossfit gym told me to eat Denny's grandslam after a workout because sometimes I was shaking head to toe from one particular hard workout and that means (according to one of them), my sugar level dropped and I should just go ahead and eat fatty meals.

Well I'm not expert and it seems that whatever you do seem to be working, so good job!

After one workout when i came home my sense of balance got all screwed up, and I was sitting in a chair and it felt like backward was down and the computer monitor was on the ceiling, but I just got something to eat, lay down for a bit, and the feeling went away.

I burn about 1000 calories at the gym at least, 700 on the stairmaster, two to three hundred on my treadmill cooldown period, plus whatever you burn in half an hour of intense weight training, and then sometimes i ride my bike down to the gym, which is five miles away, and burn whatever I can then too. So on gym days I probably eat too few calories, but not everyday is a gym day.

Sounds like you're really working hard at taking care of yourself too, good job. Feel sgreat finally being in control of what I look like again, even if I'm not where I want to be yet, I'm sure you feel the same way.

>_> I play 'find the flab' in the shower and see whats getting smaller, am I the only one who does that? (on that note I was happy to see my back fat going away, I have a defined ass now....)

• Author
Do you eat 6 times a day? From Monday - Thursday, I eat very well. 6 times a day and I never feel hungry so I never pig out or have big meals at night during the weekdays. My coworker lost tons of weight doing this too.

My downfall is that I pig out on the weekend and eat really bad food (I drink wine/cocktails too) when I go out with friends. I figure this will never change as I need to enjoy life so I make it up with my workouts.

yes I do but recently I was eating all veggies and some carbs. and was still hungry. So I starting eating an egg white omlete and a salad with beans and etc.. and it helped me feel full.

I lost 3 lbs this week. So a total of 8 lbs. only 24 more to go!.

weekends are my downfall too. the only thing that makes up for it is I tend to be more active on the weekends.

yes I do but recently I was eating all veggies and some carbs. and was still hungry. So I starting eating an egg white omlete and a salad with beans and etc.. and it helped me feel full.

I lost 3 lbs this week. So a total of 8 lbs. only 24 more to go!.

weekends are my downfall too. the only thing that makes up for it is I tend to be more active on the weekends.

Grats on the weightloss! You're closer than I am :eek:

• Author
Grats on the weightloss! You're closer than I am :eek:

well when I started I needed to lose 50 lbs. I lost 40lbs but than gained 15lbs. so now I need to lose the 15 I gained plus the 15 I still had left.

I found eating lean protein really helped me this week. I don't count calories but I use points instead since I do weight watchers.

for example what I ate yesterday was.

1 egg omlete with aspargus and 1 oz cheese.

1 apple.

2 cups lettuce with 1 cup black bean salad on top.

2 clementines

3 oz salmon

1 cu carrots

1/2 cu rice.

2 glasses of white wine

1 cup coffee

and water throughout the day.

well when I started I needed to lose 50 lbs. I lost 40lbs but than gained 15lbs. so now I need to lose the 15 I gained plus the 15 I still had left.

I found eating lean protein really helped me this week. I don't count calories but I use points instead since I do weight watchers.

for example what I ate yesterday was.

1 egg omlete with aspargus and 1 oz cheese.

1 apple.

2 cups lettuce with 1 cup black bean salad on top.

2 clementines

3 oz salmon

1 cu carrots

1/2 cu rice.

2 glasses of white wine

1 cup coffee

and water throughout the day.

No offense to you, but I'm not sure how you're even walking around! That seems like it would add up to less than 1000 calories a day. Your body needs more calories than that if you don't want to crash your metabolism (i.e. make your body hold onto each and every calorie you take in as adipose tissue). If fast(er) weight loss is your goal, I would cut out the white wine all together. If sans-alcohol is not an option (as is the case with my own diet :D), then stick to dry, dark red wines, and have only 1 glass. You're probably adding between 300 to 400 calories into your diet with the white wine, and those are all simple carbohydrate and alcohol calories. As you probably know, these are not so good for losing weight. I personally do not believe that all calories are equal (there is some debate in the scientific community about this).

Also, you'll need to up your protein intake and your fiber intake. Leafy, green vegetables are your friend. Also, don't throw away the egg yolks. The fat in egg yolks is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids (the same kind that are abundant in things like salmon, avocados, olive oil, and flax). Eating more fat in your diet will help you burn more fat, especially if you keep your carb intake lower.

Also, your cardio sessions may need a tune up. Steady state cardio, such as jogging or running on an elliptical machine, has it's place, but you might get more bang for your buck doing high intensity interval training a couple of days per week. This can be as simple as doing 8-10 40 yard sprints. I've lost more fat doing sprints than anything else, hands down. Sprints are so effective because they ramp up your metabolism for hours, or even days, after you've done them. This means that you'll be reaping the benefits for long after you're finished exercising.

If you don't have a place that you can sprint easily or safely, then you can do HIIT in your own home. Something along the lines of 5 rounds for as fast as you can of:

15 Burpees

15 Bodyweight squats

15 Push ups or table/counter-top dips

15 Lying leg lifts

Weight training is also essential. If you've read any of my other posts, you'll know that I'm a big fan of high weight and low reps. For example, you could use 80 percent of your 1 RM and to 10 sets of 3 or 4 reps. Unless you're taking supplemental testosterone, you won't get too bulky, I promise. Use big, compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, various presses, dips, rows, and pull ups. That's all you need. You don't need any special machines. Just lift hard and heavy, and you'll be burning more calories, plus getting stronger.

You could also lift a slightly lighter load (perhaps 70% of your 1 RM) for a few sets to near-failure. This will exhaust your muscle stored glycogen more quickly and improve your muscle endurance. If you perform low intensity cardio (such as light jogging or elliptical machine) immediately afterwards, your body will be forced to tap into fat stores. This method isn't ideal for preserving muscle mass, but it will help you lose weight.

Edited by tman666

I hit a major wall and went backwards after easter holidays- too much drinking and too many easter eggs!

back on track now and have joined an online diet points plan which is helping immensely, lost 1.3kg in first two weeks.

Congratulations on your weight loss, good luck with getting back on track. I know how it is to fall off the wagon for awhile.

I fell off the wagon for a good nine months while pregnant (lol!)

Finally getting that jelly belly under control.

• 2 weeks later...
Update: I am please to report I have lost 6lbs since starting my online tracking plan.

Yay!

great job! Keep it up, always feels so good to get your weight under control. I know I do.