A weight loss challenge FOR YOU!

So good news!!! I'm beginning to lose weight, finally!!!! I have not weighed myself yet (weigh in day is Saturday for me) but I can tell I am getting thinner and my fiance has noticed as well. The change in my treadmill workout combined with getting back to a normal eating schedule is finally working!

Awesome!

Here is the weird thing that happened to me. So the past 2 days, I've been eating like craps. I had taco & beer for dinner and then yesterday, I had 2 champagne cocktails & Denny's grand slam at 1 AM in the morning.

I surely thought I would gain for sure so I don't dare to step on the scale today. However, I bought this dress that I have tried so hard to fit in. 3 days ago, I still couldn't fit it (in fact, it was still a good 2 inches gap).

Today, out of curiousity, I wanted to see how far I have to go and lo and behold, it fits!!!!

I am going to weigh myself later in the gym but it seems that my crappy diet hasn't set me back in term of losing inches :cool:. Maybe, it's good to diverse our diet (healthy food, crappy food combination LOL).

Lauriebell82
Yay good for you! Don't worry about the numbers if they don't move, I recommend you get yourself a tape measure. They're soooo much better.

Yeah, I got measured a few months ago when I ordered my wedding dress. I'm curious to see what my measurements are now.

I haven't weighed myself (I will on Saturday) but I am afraid I will get frustrated if I weight the same! I really think I do look thinner, like I said fiance even noticed.

Awesome!

Here is the weird thing that happened to me. So the past 2 days, I've been eating like craps. I had taco & beer for dinner and then yesterday, I had 2 champagne cocktails & Denny's grand slam at 1 AM in the morning.

I surely thought I would gain for sure so I don't dare to step on the scale today. However, I bought this dress that I have tried so hard to fit in. 3 days ago, I still couldn't fit it (in fact, it was still a good 2 inches gap).

Today, out of curiousity, I wanted to see how far I have to go and lo and behold, it fits!!!!

I am going to weigh myself later in the gym but it seems that my crappy diet hasn't set me back in term of losing inches :cool:. Maybe, it's good to diverse our diet (healthy food, crappy food combination LOL).

Thanks! I think what might have happened was that all the working out put you in "fat burning mode" and reved up your metoblism so that you were able to burn off the fatty food that you consumed.

That being said, it is not healthy to eat that kind of thing on a daily basis or even every few days. You will start to gain weight even though you are still working out. Of course I'm sure you know that. It is good to treat ourselves EVERY SO OFTEN in order to avoid a binge on junk food. So my advice is get back on your diet! And a few weeks from now go out for that beer and grand slam again.

For me I actually buy poptarts and "hide them" in a cabinet. My fiance thinks I am nuts but if it's hidden and don't see it when I open the cabinet I don't eat it. Then I chose a day to eat my poptart (once per week). The little taste of sugar keeps me from binging and is my little treat. Even when dieting it's not good to completely deny yourself sweets..I've done that before and it was horrible, I gained all my weight back! It's kind of the same thing with constant heavy workouts, you eventually just can't take it anymore and slip up.

Yeah, I got measured a few months ago when I ordered my wedding dress. I'm curious to see what my measurements are now.

I haven't weighed myself (I will on Saturday) but I am afraid I will get frustrated if I weight the same! I really think I do look thinner, like I said fiance even noticed.

Thanks! I think what might have happened was that all the working out put you in "fat burning mode" and reved up your metoblism so that you were able to burn off the fatty food that you consumed.

That being said, it is not healthy to eat that kind of thing on a daily basis or even every few days. You will start to gain weight even though you are still working out. Of course I'm sure you know that. It is good to treat ourselves EVERY SO OFTEN in order to avoid a binge on junk food. So my advice is get back on your diet! And a few weeks from now go out for that beer and grand slam again.

For me I actually buy poptarts and "hide them" in a cabinet. My fiance thinks I am nuts but if it's hidden and don't see it when I open the cabinet I don't eat it. Then I chose a day to eat my poptart (once per week). The little taste of sugar keeps me from binging and is my little treat. Even when dieting it's not good to completely deny yourself sweets..I've done that before and it was horrible, I gained all my weight back! It's kind of the same thing with constant heavy workouts, you eventually just can't take it anymore and slip up.

Yeah, it's hard. I socialize often so there will be days (typically wednesday night & weekends where I go out with group of friends/hubby and typically, I drink socially). I've been good for the past 3 weeks (no alcohol until that mexican dinner on Tuesday and it's going downhill since then). This week is going to be bad, tomorrow is dinner in this place that is famous for its pork belly and chocolate souffle :love:. I probably have a glass of wine (or two as well).

I think I'm going to go easy on my diet though. I exercise so I can eat. I will still watch what I eat but I think I will allow myself 2 nights of bad eating habits :p.

PS: my crossfit friends commented that I lost quite a bit on the abs area ( I saw her like 3 days ago). So I weighed myself and I only lost 0.5 lbs (if any :rolleyes:) but my abs tightened quite a bit and I think it does get smaller by quite a bit. I think my stomach seems to be able to weather the beer, champagne, taco, and midnight granslam snacks. So yeah, upping the calories doesn't seem to cause weight gain or increase the inches so far.

I upload my abs picture in my profile if you want to see, more exercise - more calories - smaller meals seem to work for me (even if the weight kind of slow to come down but the inches keep dropping).

This is great!

I don't need to lose weight but I do need to firm and tone. I am ridiculously disappointed with my abs :mad: and want to get rid of the excess fat :rolleyes:.

I am also thinking that I should start eating healthily and reading all of your comments on this thread have pushed me harder into reaching my goal!

I hope if you have any tips/ideas, please share them! I'm looking at the Weight Watchers website and just reading on Running 101 is making me excited about going home soon so that I can start running.

Cuppa, I have a question. Let's say if I am too lazy to hit the gym but not too lazy to do a bit of running and then, perhaps do some sit-ups after that .. how many sit-ups would you suggest? How did you manage to get your abs or rather a flat tummy?

Cuppa, I have a question. Let's say if I am too lazy to hit the gym but not too lazy to do a bit of running and then, perhaps do some sit-ups after that .. how many sit-ups would you suggest? How did you manage to get your abs or rather a flat tummy?

I think it's probably more than sit-ups to get a nice abs.

Ok, compared to some other women in my crossfit class, my abs is probably nothing to write home about but I would love to share what I did since in October 2009, I was a size 4 (28) with a lot of love handles. During this period, if I stood straight and sucked it in, I would appear to have flat stomach. In a good clothes with spanks, I could look good too.

Now, I am size 0 in skinny jeans and I think my stomach no longer jiggles when I jump so I think it's an improvement, not perfect though :lmao:. See, this woman from my crossfit class, she's awesome & fit (could even do a handstand push-up while I struggle with it now).

http://crossfitoneworld.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341bf90553ef01310f567efc970c-800wi

So from size 4 to size 2 (November - December time frame), I did this one everyday. I usually run in the treadmill for 30 mins (or maybe even better, jog outside) and then do 15 mins of this routine:

So, you can also do other things like say 100 jumping jacks or 30 burpees (squat thrust) or 150 jump robes before you go to your abs routine. The idea is to get your body warm, sweaty, and your heart rate up. I also do planks whenever I'm bored. Like I watched TV and then do my planks (and side planks). I slowly increase my planks from 10 seconds to over 2 mins in 2 months.

So I lost the love handles but I hit a plateau in term of getting a definition (firmness) in my abs.

Then I discover the power of Squats and finally get to size 0 skinny jeans. I think this one that made my lower abs to get really firm (and my hips too). I started to get a V in my lower abs (though not as defined in the pics).

I could probably do over 100 of them in my crossfit class but it's done in interval. Here is the Squat that I did (we could do something like 50 jump robes, 50 squats, 10 burpees - rest - then repeat for like 3 cycles). The girls in this video did it like 6 *20 reps (and rest for 10 - 15 secs in between)

Now I do this with weight, like today, I did 60 of them with 22 lbs bar but even without the weight, Squat is really one of the best exercises (in addition to burpees that also works the whole body).

Here is the technique to perfect the squat (against the wall):

1. 5 inches from the wall

2. Legs shoulder width apart, angled 45 degrees

3. Stick your butt out, distribute the weight to your heels (instead of your toes), and widen the knees to go as low as possible (notice the girl has a ball underneath).

So yeah, the key is to alternate (so you don't get bored and you work all kind of muscles). If you like, we can start HITT thread in here (high interval tabata exercises) so each day, we could do different things and work all kind of muscles in your abs. Even push-ups is good for your abs too or those killer mountain climbers.

Lauriebell82
weight in day for me today and I am 157. I lost 2.5 lbs this week.

Yay, congrats!!!!

My weigh in is tommorrow, I will let everyone know.

Cuppa: you are a size 0??? Holy crap, I wish I could get to that size. It will never happen though as I have hips unfortunately. :mad: I'm at least trying to shrink them a little more.

I want to lose 10 lbs. to start and take it from there. I have switched over to a mostly macrobiotic diet, due to food allergy issues, I make sure to get all the protein I need and feel great. I'm "signed up for bikram yoga." This just may be the thing to get me to that class I'm already paying for, some accountability.

Yay, congrats!!!!

My weigh in is tommorrow, I will let everyone know.

Cuppa: you are a size 0??? Holy crap, I wish I could get to that size. It will never happen though as I have hips unfortunately. :mad: I'm at least trying to shrink them a little more.

I am not skinny by weight though and I also have butt/hips (My BMI is still like 23 or some like that). However, I was 112 lbs in college and I think I am probably smaller & toner than that weight now (13 lbs heavier too). People thought I was much lighter but I'm actually quite heavy.

I think measuring in inches and overall look is better than weight (I do however, weigh myself quite frequently just to ensure that I'm within some range :))

hotgurl, this is a really great thread that you started and good job on losing 2.5lb.

I have yet to weigh myself. As soon as I do, I'll post here. Also, I want to lose a few kg/inches. Perhaps 10 - 15kg.

cuppa, thanks so much for all the info! I checked out the video and I can't wait to start. I really don't have the time to hit the gym so working out from home will have to be the way to do it. I will doing some jump ropes and it is always raining here in the evening [that's when I like to run/jog].

Good luck to us! ;)

Lauriebell82

I weighed myself yesterday and I lost 1.5 pounds this week!!!! So I'm down to 125.5 lbs. I want to lose about 8-10 more pounds.

I changed my workout and I also started lifting on a regular basis again so it seems to be doing the trick. I even treated myself a little to prevent myself from binging and "going off" my weight loss plan.

How is everyone else doing?

I continuously ate like crap this weekend. Last Friday was 2 glasses of wine + Chocolate Souffle (though entreee was OK, I got grilled Seabass & Seafood bisque). Today, I ate Godiva chocolate and ate Thai food (spicy & high in sodium).

Weight stays the same but I keep getting comments that I am shrinking in size (or my friends start to call me skinny b!tch :p, I'm sure it's a compliment). So yeah, I guess, weight wise I hit a plateau but size wise, I keep shrinking.

hotgurl, this is a really great thread that you started and good job on losing 2.5lb.

I have yet to weigh myself. As soon as I do, I'll post here. Also, I want to lose a few kg/inches. Perhaps 10 - 15kg.

cuppa, thanks so much for all the info! I checked out the video and I can't wait to start. I really don't have the time to hit the gym so working out from home will have to be the way to do it. I will doing some jump ropes and it is always raining here in the evening [that's when I like to run/jog].

Good luck to us! ;)

Leia, check some Jillian Michael's DVDs, I have 3 of them: Banish fat Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, and 30 day Shred. I think this one is great exercise too...However, they concentrate on overall body and I find the abs work is not as intense as I would like to, but if you want cardio, sculpting, and strength, you might want to check these out also. It's not that expensive if you buy them from Amazon.

Lauriebell82
I continuously ate like crap this weekend. Last Friday was 2 glasses of wine + Chocolate Souffle (though entreee was OK, I got grilled Seabass & Seafood bisque). Today, I ate Godiva chocolate and ate Thai food (spicy & high in sodium).

Weight stays the same but I keep getting comments that I am shrinking in size (or my friends start to call me skinny b!tch :p, I'm sure it's a compliment). So yeah, I guess, weight wise I hit a plateau but size wise, I keep shrinking.

That's not healthy to continuously eat like that though. It sounds like you are experimenting to see if you continue to shrink. You won't though!!!! It will catch up to you...

Just please be careful..I've been there...

That's not healthy to continuously eat like that though. It sounds like you are experimenting to see if you continue to shrink. You won't though!!!! It will catch up to you...

Just please be careful..I've been there...

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure this will catch up on me. The social calendar is getting in the way, even today, I have a farewell gathering at a wine bar. So hard to eat healthy like this. But I just had my oatmeal (no salt, no sugar) and I will eat mostly vegetables and steamed chicken/fish as much as I could. I also keep up with my multivitamin, plus today, I usually do 3 exercises (Krav, Crossfit, and Kickboxing).

I will make it up this week for sure! Hope everyone is doing well this week. Oh LB, what size are you targetting for? I think 5'2 - 125 lbs (with amount of muscles) is very ideal...I thought Salma Hayek is that size so maybe at most, 5 less lbs (120lbs) with muscles/definition. I think that's what I would like to be anyways (I'm 5'2 - 124 lbs too :D).

PS: Since I've been doing so well with sticking with my exercises, I decided to reward myself last week :D. I bought myself gorgeous shoes....ahh...and I told my girlfriends that we will do bikini shopping together so this certainly provides extra motivations!!

Lauriebell82
I will make it up this week for sure! Hope everyone is doing well this week. Oh LB, what size are you targetting for? I think 5'2 - 125 lbs (with amount of muscles) is very ideal...I thought Salma Hayek is that size so maybe at most, 5 less lbs (120lbs) with muscles/definition. I think that's what I would like to be anyways (I'm 5'2 - 124 lbs too :D).

I mostly want to lose some weight in my legs. That is my problem spot. I figure about 5-10 more pounds should get rid of them completely. I'm already looking better, I can just tell. I just really would like thinner legs. My waist is so tiny but the rest of my leg is heavier so I end up having to buy a bigger size and the waistband is huge!!! My build is so weird. Here are my measurements:

bust-35

wast-24 1/2

hips-37

I would like to get the hips down to like 35ish, that would shrink me a pant size I figure. I want to get in a size 3 but I don't know if that will happen. I will probably have to shoot for a 5.

Gosh. I am 53kg. I need to lose weight! I want to lose 5kg.

I'm starting my work out tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Thanks, cuppa. Will check those videos out.

I mostly want to lose some weight in my legs. That is my problem spot. I figure about 5-10 more pounds should get rid of them completely. I'm already looking better, I can just tell. I just really would like thinner legs. My waist is so tiny but the rest of my leg is heavier so I end up having to buy a bigger size and the waistband is huge!!! My build is so weird. Here are my measurements:

bust-35

wast-24 1/2

hips-37

I would like to get the hips down to like 35ish, that would shrink me a pant size I figure. I want to get in a size 3 but I don't know if that will happen. I will probably have to shoot for a 5.

Ok...are you on UK size or US size? I think here we go with 0 (size 25), 2 (size 26), 4 (size 27) etc...

My god, 24.5 waist? Are you built like Dita Von Tess? :D That's some crazy curve going on there!

Hmm....my thigh/hip really slim down doing those lunges/squats/mountain climbers. Do you do spin class? You all need to upload pics so we can see if it's truly problem area or you actually already have beautiful/healthy/fit nice figure.

Gosh. I am 53kg. I need to lose weight! I want to lose 5kg.

I'm starting my work out tomorrow! Wish me luck!

Thanks, cuppa. Will check those videos out.

Wait....53 Kg is 116 lbs. How tall are you? Maybe I should ask advice from you instead of the other way around :p.

Ok ladies, upload some pics so we can do before and after.

Lauriebell82
Ok...are you on UK size or US size? I think here we go with 0 (size 25), 2 (size 26), 4 (size 27) etc...

My god, 24.5 waist? Are you built like Dita Von Tess? :D That's some crazy curve going on there!

Hmm....my thigh/hip really slim down doing those lunges/squats/mountain climbers. Do you do spin class? You all need to upload pics so we can see if it's truly problem area or you actually already have beautiful/healthy/fit nice figure.

My doctor said that I can't take spin class because it's too high impact. I almost passed out when I tried it! It was terrible.

I'm on US size. Right now I'm an 8, however the waist is always huge so I have to wear a belt. When I got measured for my wedding dress I found out I'm a size 6 bust, size 2 waist, size 8 hips. I'm all over the map lol.

I posted pics on here before, this is the most recent one I have though..it's from NYE. You can see if if you go to my profile.

Wait....53 Kg is 116 lbs. How tall are you? Maybe I should ask advice from you instead of the other way around :p.

Ok ladies, upload some pics so we can do before and after.

Haha. I'm 5'5 - 5'6. I used to be fit and I don't know what happened ... I have love handles! I had the V shape before this and now it's all gone. I want that back!

I am at the university right now, and it's almost lunch time. I'm thinking I should hit the gym for an hour but I have a lot to do, need to see my professor after lunch so I will have to do my work out later. I WILL DO IT! I HAVE TO! :mad:

It'll be jump ropes till I bleed ... I mean, sweat then sit ups from the vid you posted, cuppa. My sister is ordering some stuff from Amazon so I will get her to order the videos for me too :bunny:

I'm a procrastinator :o ... I need to buck up! Haha.

Will let you know when I have the photo of before and later on, the after.

My doctor said that I can't take spin class because it's too high impact. I almost passed out when I tried it! It was terrible.

I'm on US size. Right now I'm an 8, however the waist is always huge so I have to wear a belt. When I got measured for my wedding dress I found out I'm a size 6 bust, size 2 waist, size 8 hips. I'm all over the map lol.

I posted pics on here before, this is the most recent one I have though..it's from NYE. You can see if if you go to my profile.

hmm...so what is your exercise routine right now? Do you do a lot of Squats & Lunges? Obviously my kickboxing/crossfit really toned my thigh & hip a lot but I think Yoga completely tone your hip/thigh too, especially power yoga. Have you tried them? My fave is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Yoga-Total-Body-Workout/dp/B0000A2ZQE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268115050&sr=8-4

Sounds to me then, your goal shouldn't be losing weight instead building muscles/replacing fat (aka toning) your hip/thigh area. If you happen to lose 5 lbs in the process, then it's awesome ;)

skydiveaddict
hmm...so what is your exercise routine right now? Do you do a lot of Squats & Lunges? Obviously my kickboxing/crossfit really toned my thigh & hip a lot but I think Yoga completely tone your hip/thigh too, especially power yoga. Have you tried them? My fave is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Yoga-Total-Body-Workout/dp/B0000A2ZQE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1268115050&sr=8-4

Sounds to me then, your goal shouldn't be losing weight instead building muscles/replacing fat (aka toning) your hip/thigh area. If you happen to lose 5 lbs in the process, then it's awesome ;)

Hey how's krav goin?

Hey how's krav goin?

I will respond on the other thread and hey, I have question for you about the gloves. could you go to the other thread?