A weight loss challenge FOR YOU!

• Author
Yeah, I've been starting to think the same thing. I think I did drop a little bit (like 2 pounds) but that shows pretty well on me since I'm so petite. I think the problem is I am trying to get rid of my boobs and hips and that is just not going to happen. When I turn to the side my stomach is flat as a board..but then when I turn to the front I don't look like that, I look wider. People thinking "wow she's curvy" doesn't have the same ring to it as "wow she's thin." I think I'm mistaking hips/curves for fat when it really isn't there. I'm built like an hourglass, thin up top, wider as you go down my body, back in again.

I guess I just don't know how to fight that feeling..it's like I can't accept it. :( I wonder why other girls who are 5'2 weigh like 110 lbs.

LB that is the perfect figure. Plus not everybody is built the same. 110 might look ridiculous on you.

I think you are getting way too obsessed with numbers LB. You know I think this, but 110 is just a NUMBER.

For some strange reason my weight went up 3lb overnight this week. I got a little p*ssed off at first, but then I thought- some setbacks are OK, I am heading in the right general direction, and I feel good. For someone with a 5mth old baby, I think I look pretty darned hot, despite the extra pounds. I dress to my figure, and always make sure my hair and makeup and other grooming is nice.

H thinks I am hot too- point is, if you feel about yourself you will always look good- people won't think "Wow, shes thin" (which isn't a compliment anyway IMO) people will think "wow, she looks great" because thats when true attractiveness shines- from confidence.

I wonder why other girls who are 5'2 weigh like 110 lbs.

Because they're naturally very thin, and have no heavy muscle from working out.

The scale shows what you weigh, not what you look like, or what your measurements are.

If you had measured your hips, waist, chest, thighs, etc., waaaaay back when, I'd bet you're physically smaller now than you were back then.

Today I'm 5 pounds heavier than I was a month ago, but I've also taken an inch off each of the above measurements...

If you had measured your hips, waist, chest, thighs, etc., waaaaay back when, I'd bet you're physically smaller now than you were back then.

Today I'm 5 pounds heavier than I was a month ago, but I've also taken an inch off each of the above measurements...

This is a great point SG- I am losing inches too, so I try not to get too fixated on the numbers.

I personally think curvy, toned athletic bodies who dress to their body shape are waaaaay more attractive than skinny scrawny boobless women.

- Lattes contain no sugar unless you order a flavored one, or add your own sugar. They are milk + espresso. They're actually a pretty decent way to get a serving of skim milk, which is quite good for you.

Exactly right. LB - a "skinny" late is a sugar-FREE, nonfat latte. It's basically milk + espresso plus a sugar-free syrup. There are no carbs or sugar in that. I used to drink those almost daily, but I'm trying to get away from fake food (i.e., the sugar free syrup), so I'm just sticking to plain skinny lattes. They're better for you than a diet soda... ;)

- Oil contains no sodium. Fat is not inherently bad. Your body needs it. Especially if it's olive oil or some other healthy vegetable-based fat. It's just calorically dense, so you need to be cautious of the amount you use, because it adds up fast.

This is absolutely true too. Plus, a small amount of healthy fat with protein (some peanut butter, for example) is satiating - the combo of the healthy fat and protein make you feel satified and full for longer.

Eating real food (i.e. not nondairy creamer, sugar free whatever, or other processed junk) is preferable. "Fat free" or "reduced fat" often just means added sugar, more chemicals, less natural, etc. Eat real food in moderation, your body will thank you.

I wonder, LB, if your body wants REAL food in order to let go of the extra pounds you think you're carrying around. Your diet doesn't sound all that healthy to me because of the processed/fake nature of it, and how it lacks real nutrients. Once I started making meals using REAL food (fresh ingredients), the flavor in all the food just came alive and was much more satisfying, not just because it tasted so great but because you can often eat more REAL food for the same value in calories as the processed/fake stuff!!

SB's trainer person also provided some excellent suggestions.

I'm also a BIG fan of the "never ending salad" - a grilled chicken breast (cold) over a HUGE bed of baby greens, red bell pepper, red onion, carrots, low-fat feta or gorgonzola cheese, and my own dressing (3 parts balsamic to one part EVOO and one part dijon mustard).

Have you tried making your own protein drinks? Here's one I do, it's about 250 calories but keeps me SO FULL until lunch, it's fabulous!:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

1/2 cup canned pineapple (in its own juice) or 1/2 frozen banana

1/2 cup frozen raspberries (fiber!!)

6 oz. of organge fat free Yoplait

3 ice cubes

OR!

1 scoop vanilla protein powder

1/2 cup frozen raspberries (fiber!!)

6 oz. plain fat free yogurt

1/2 cup Bran Buds (13g more fiber!!!)

3-5 ice cubes

Lauriebell82
Exactly right. LB - a "skinny" late is a sugar-FREE, nonfat latte. It's basically milk + espresso plus a sugar-free syrup. There are no carbs or sugar in that. I used to drink those almost daily, but I'm trying to get away from fake food (i.e., the sugar free syrup), so I'm just sticking to plain skinny lattes. They're better for you than a diet soda... ;)

Well, like it was said before everyone is different. For some odd reason they make me retain water/get bloated. I don't even put anything in them (sugar free syrup, sweet and low, ect.) and they still make me puff out. Certain food does that, maybe because of my medication I have no clue.

I did cut down on the diet coke and bought bottled water. I also bought lemons and limes and squeezed them into the bottle and shook it up. It actually tastes good!! I've limited myself to one can of diet coke per day and drinking water throughout the day. I need to wene myself off the diet coke, if I don't I will cave and start drinking a lot of it again.

Well I need to take my own advice- despite exercising furiously over Easter weekend I still drank a bucketload of wine and ate a fair bit of chocolate so weight loss has stopped!

Am finishing up nursing this week- will be interesting to see what that does.

AND if these mega boobs finally start to deflate.

• Author
Well I need to take my own advice- despite exercising furiously over Easter weekend I still drank a bucketload of wine and ate a fair bit of chocolate so weight loss has stopped!

Am finishing up nursing this week- will be interesting to see what that does.

AND if these mega boobs finally start to deflate.

Ha me too. Even though I skied on Sunday between the wine and cheese I am up 1 lbs since Friday. So salad and yogurt for me for the rest of the week.

hi you guys!! :love:

i was just thinking about you guys in LS and saw this thread, and it reminded me of how fat i am. i always keep saying that i want to lose weight, blah, blah, blah, but it's always just a bunch of bull**** talk. i remember, about 2 months ago, i started exercising, and i lost like 5 pounds in 2 weeks, and it wasn't even so bad.

but then i went right back to my ways.

in this past year, i have gained about 20 lbs. i'm serious. i hate it. i weigh about 133 lbs now. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: imagine that...and at 5'2"...:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

i remember that, about a little more than a year ago, i had a nice slender tummy. i was never and have never been "skinny" because i have, uhm, and "apple bottom" shape (which today looks more like a grapefruit shape, for ****'s sake, sigh).

i have this humongous beer belly, it rivals B4R's, i bet.

anyway, i'm totally rambling. congrats to HG and LB for the weight loss! i'm gonna join you guys...

what do you people eat, though?

i'm gonna start eating yogurt in the mornings or drinking protein shakes. and eating less chocolate and cheese croissants. and no more Flaming Hot chips. oh man, this is making me sad. OK, maybe just less.

at least jumping rope is fun. i need to lose the 20lbs i packed on, christ.

Lauriebell82
hi you guys!! :love:

i was just thinking about you guys in LS and saw this thread, and it reminded me of how fat i am. i always keep saying that i want to lose weight, blah, blah, blah, but it's always just a bunch of bull**** talk. i remember, about 2 months ago, i started exercising, and i lost like 5 pounds in 2 weeks, and it wasn't even so bad.

but then i went right back to my ways.

in this past year, i have gained about 20 lbs. i'm serious. i hate it. i weigh about 133 lbs now. :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick: imagine that...and at 5'2"...:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

i remember that, about a little more than a year ago, i had a nice slender tummy. i was never and have never been "skinny" because i have, uhm, and "apple bottom" shape (which today looks more like a grapefruit shape, for ****'s sake, sigh).

i have this humongous beer belly, it rivals B4R's, i bet.

anyway, i'm totally rambling. congrats to HG and LB for the weight loss! i'm gonna join you guys...

what do you people eat, though?

i'm gonna start eating yogurt in the mornings or drinking protein shakes. and eating less chocolate and cheese croissants. and no more Flaming Hot chips. oh man, this is making me sad. OK, maybe just less.

at least jumping rope is fun. i need to lose the 20lbs i packed on, christ.

Thanks! Join us!

133 isn't that bad even for someone who is 5'2. I have recently dropped a few pounds, but I was 133 for a long time and didn't look heavy or fat at all. Of course I have bigs hips and boobs so that probably weighs more.

Anyway, yogurt and protein shakes are great in the morning. They give you energy and don't weigh you down or make you feel so full that you don't feel like doing anything. Basically you just have to eat less. Let me tell you though, it's harder to lose weight when you are already a fairly low weight (which you are). Cut out the junk and eat it once in awhile. Start drinking water as well!!! I got that advice on here. I'm a diet coke addict and didn't think it was making me gain weight or anything but I was wrong!! It was actually making me retain water because of the carbonation.

I usually drink water only when I am working out because I don't like the taste. So I bought bottled water and lime juice and I squirt some of it in the bottle and shake it up. It gives it a good taste. I drank 2 bottles yesterday in addition to the liter I usually drink at the gym. I had one glass of coke (I bought a 2 liter instead of cans). I have to wene myself off of it.

Do you work out currently?

hi LB! :)

oh, honey, 133lbs is a lot. my tummy has this nastiness about it now. my jeans don't fit like they used to at all. i don't really have wide hips, they are curvy, but not very wide and my boobs are non-existent, so...well, i my bum is kinda biggish, but still, all of my fatness goes to my stomach, and worse...my face!! i have a very round face, so you can imagine. :sick:

anyway, everyone tells me that i've gained a lot of weight, so i guess it's pretty noticeable. at home it's a nightmare because my sister is so tall and slender, that my mom is always on me about how fat i am. sigh.

anyway, anyway, man, i have a severe addiction to Diet Coke. i drink at least a 20oz bottle everyday. i think this has a lot to due with it, but i am not sure. it thought it was OK since it doesn't have calories...

today i had an Atkins protein shake on my way to work with a cigarette. it is as gross as it sounds. the shake itself was very yummy, though.

i never drink any water because i has no flavor. i read somewhere--or someone told me, i don't remember which--that drinking a glass of water with lemon in it in the mornings is a good way to rev up your metabolism. not sure how much of that is true, though. but i'll definitely try the lemon + water, thanks! i wonder how it would taste with cucumber...

and no, i don't work out. at all. and then i wonder why i am fat. :rolleyes: i was thinking of doing some elliptical exercise, jump rope, and some weight lifting. ha ha ha, well, a little at first until i get into it. i have these things at home, so i wouldn't have to go to they gym, but i don't have a clue WTF to do with the weights. those youtube videos in the last page look good, though.

what about you? i wish chocolate made one skinny. :(

Ladies, I seriously think that it's not the weight, esp if you are proportional.

5'2 133 lbs for a fit, toned woman is excellent. She will look great naked and she might even wear a size 0 jeans with no love handles whatsoever. Just look at Selma Hayek, at her prime, she's 5'2 120 - 125 lbs and she's sexy & toned, one of the best bodies in Hollywood.

I am 5'2 - 125 lbs, though on paper I'm not slim, I am slim & fit I think (no tummy, no love handles, pretty strong abs). Sure, I was 112 lbs before but I was skinny fat! the tummy was flabby, I need to suck my breath sot hat it appeared flat, the triceps wobbled, even though I was lighter in weight.

So I don't think if you are 5'2, you have to be in 110s.....if you feel happy then go for it, but aim for definition and the clothes will hang better and you will look great (in clothes & naked).

Ok, I better exit this thread now :p

Edited by cuppa
Ladies, I seriously think that it's not the weight, esp if you are proportional.

5'2 133 lbs for a fit, toned woman is excellent. She will look great naked and she might even wear a size 0 jeans with no love handles whatsoever. Just look at Selma Hayek, at her prime, she's 5'2 120 - 125 lbs and she's sexy & toned, one of the best bodies in Hollywood.

I am 5'2 - 125 lbs, though on paper I'm not slim, I am slim & fit I think (no tummy, no love handles, pretty strong abs). Sure, I was 112 lbs before but I was skinny fat! the tummy was flabby, I need to suck my breath sot hat it appeared flat, the triceps wobbled, even though I was lighter in weight.

So I don't think if you are 5'2, you have to be in 110s.....if you feel happy then go for it, but aim for definition and the clothes will hang better and you will look great (in clothes & naked).

Ok, I better exit this thread now :p

I totally agree. I have actually lost inches and a pant size, all while watching my weight INCREASE. The number means nothing.

A 5'2'', 133lb skinny fat is not going to look anywhere near like a 5'2'', 133 solid, fit body.

• Author

well for me it is both at my height I am 15 pounds over the upper limit of my weight range. I should be in the middle to lower end. so I want to lose 28 lbs.

ok, I was posting my pic earlier but thought I started sounding like a broken record :p. I think each person has different goal in term of what body type that they are aiming for, just the fact that I'm happy with 120 - 125 lbs, that doesn't mean others will :). Be sure to compliment any diets with exercise though, I think that's still the best recipe all around.

Edited by cuppa
Lauriebell82
ok, I was posting my pic earlier but thought I started sounding like a broken record :p. I think each person has different goal in term of what body type that they are aiming for, just the fact that I'm happy with 120 - 125 lbs, that doesn't mean others will :). Be sure to compliment any diets with exercise though, I think that's still the best recipe all around.

You look great!! I have a similar looking stomach to you but much wider/bigger hips and crazy curves which is why I have to wear a size 6 in pants. :mad:

I'll post a pic of me in a wedding dress, the one in my profile now doesn't give you a good idea.

well for me it is both at my height I am 15 pounds over the upper limit of my weight range. I should be in the middle to lower end. so I want to lose 28 lbs.

I want to lose the same amount - but I'm not sure it's possible. I eat pretty clean (I do splurge with wine though), and I'm pretty fit - the fat just won't come off! :mad:

I look just like you in clothes, but my belly most certainly does not look that good without my shirt on. Like you, I also have slender hips - that's why my tummy stands out as being a problem more so than someone who has hips.

I want to lose the same amount - but I'm not sure it's possible. I eat pretty clean (I do splurge with wine though), and I'm pretty fit - the fat just won't come off! :mad:

I look just like you in clothes, but my belly most certainly does not look that good without my shirt on. Like you, I also have slender hips - that's why my tummy stands out as being a problem more so than someone who has hips.

I am wondering about this. I thought I have hips (and big busts). Honestly, before I embraced exercises, I had tummy but I got away with it because of my boobs :laugh:. I just wear a lot of dark/one tone color clothes. Obviously now I can wear any colors without any worries. This is me about 3 weeks ago. I think now I have smaller waist, the hips & boobs become bigger although they are not getting bigger.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ajw39j.jpg

btw, if we have the same body type, why are you not happy with your body? I think I'm at peace with 123 - 126 lbs, I just want my back & my upper arms (and lower abs) to firm up slightly more but as it is, I am happy with the way I look.

Lauriebell82
I am wondering about this. I thought I have hips (and big busts). Honestly, before I embraced exercises, I had tummy but I got away with it because of my boobs :laugh:. I just wear a lot of dark/one tone color clothes. Obviously now I can wear any colors without any worries. This is me about 3 weeks ago. I think now I have smaller waist, the hips & boobs become bigger although they are not getting bigger.

btw, if we have the same body type, why are you not happy with your body? I think I'm at peace with 123 - 126 lbs, I just want my back & my upper arms (and lower abs) to firm up slightly more but as it is, I am happy with the way I look.

I think that you do have hips, just not ones as big as mine! :laugh: I would kill for your legs though!!!

That's good that you are happy with your body. I am getting there, it's tough though because I wish I had skinnier legs. I guess we all have some part of us that we "wish" would be better.

I think that you do have hips, just not ones as big as mine! :laugh: I would kill for your legs though!!!

That's good that you are happy with your body. I am getting there, it's tough though because I wish I had skinnier legs. I guess we all have some part of us that we "wish" would be better.

LB, I just saw your pic in your wedding gown. You are crazy! You have a beautiful body! I don't see any big hips at all (you make me self conscious :laugh:, maybe I have giant hips compared to people here).

I love your wedding dress...so pretty!!!!! when is the big day?

Admittedly, the way you look in clothes is very different than how you look in your sports bra and yoga pants. In the yoga pants, your hips are virtually non-existent. :) That's very similar to how I'm built (in your yoga pants).

But overall, we have a similar body type, but I'm heavier. I'm also 2 inches taller though. But overall, I'm carrying more fat than you are (all in my belly region)... that's what I want to get rid of.

Lauriebell82
LB, I just saw your pic in your wedding gown. You are crazy! You have a beautiful body! I don't see any big hips at all (you make me self conscious :laugh:, maybe I have giant hips compared to people here).

I love your wedding dress...so pretty!!!!! when is the big day?

Thanks! That's not actually the wedding dress that I bought, I don't have a pic of me in it. Here is the link of the model wearing it:

http://www.allurebridals.com/index.php?id=3&product_id=110

Our wedding is September 18th, I'm so excited!!!

I don't know, maybe my hips are smaller then I think they are! :laugh:

Lauriebell82
WHAT?! You told everyone you got the other dress!!! :(

No, I said I was probably going to get it, I didn't say I actually bought it.