How do i let this girl down easy???

alphamale

So how do i let her down easy? Should i just tell her straight up that i'm not physically attracted or should i make up something else (like i'm dating someone else).

An "alphamale" does not ask this question. He just takes care of it. :rolleyes:

You are now a betamale...:D

Yeah, I was gonna say that, too. The quotes seem mocking.

Alphamale, text breakups aren't very "Alpha"!

yea come on wannabe alpha! don't not send her a text.... that's the easy way out... grow some cojones, would ya? ;)

seriously, I'm surprised this chick has hung around as long as she has. You clearly have not seemed that into her by what you've posted about her in the past... who knows how you act with her though...

anyways... as far as how to let her down easy, the less "reasons" you give her the better... because really, do reasons really matter? If you don't want to continue dating her that should be enough for her to hear. Just say you don't see this really going anywhere, and you don't want to waste her time anymore.

ok i'll just send her a text msg....

Ahhh... I misunderstood. When you said you wanted to "let her down easy," I assumed you meant easy on her. But now I realize that you meant easy on you...

That's different.

Ahhh... I misunderstood. When you said you wanted to "let her down easy," I assumed you meant easy on her. But now I realize that you meant easy on you...

That's different.

LOL!:lmao:!

That's different.

right! come on no longer an alpha...

• Author

normally i would just split but since i've gone out with her for a month i sent her a text message. i figured it was better than nothing and at least she'll know. she sounded pretty pissed off.

the txt convo went something like this:

Dawn: So i don't have my kid this wknd. Can we get together.

Alpha: Sorry but i'm busy all wknd. I need time to think and i'm really not feeling the chemistry any more

Dawn: Thats a nice thing to say in a text - whatever :rolleyes:

Alpha: Sorry

Dawn: Don't be sorry, i should have listened when you said you weren't a nice guy

end of transmission

• Author
That went well :o

i don't feel i owe her that much as we only went out 5 or 6 times and we didn't even sleep together. we were only casually dating as far as i was concerned. women get so crazy about these things...

i don't feel i owe her that much as we only went out 5 or 6 times and we didn't even sleep together. we were only casually dating as far as i was concerned. women get so crazy about these things...

Oh well. I mean, at least you didn't disappear. I'm sure she isn't too heartbroken over this!

However, that last line you said: "Women get so crazy about these things..." Really? From her reaction, I didn't see any indication of "crazy." She just called you out!

• Author
Oh well. I mean, at least you didn't disappear. I'm sure she isn't too heartbroken over this!

probably not

However, that last line you said: "Women get so crazy about these things..." Really? From her reaction, I didn't see any indication of "crazy." She just called you out!

when i've gone out with a woman a few times and she tells me she feels no chemistry my standard response is "thats no problem"....there is no reason to be mean and say bad things.

Citizen Erased

when i've gone out with a woman a few times and she tells me she feels no chemistry my standard response is "thats no problem"....there is no reason to be mean and say bad things.

:rolleyes: You deserved it. Why the hell ANYONE thinks it is appropriate at ANYTIME to break up/let down/whatever anyone through a TEXT is beyond me. Grow a spine. :rolleyes:

• Author
:rolleyes: You deserved it. Why the hell ANYONE thinks it is appropriate at ANYTIME to break up/let down/whatever anyone through a TEXT is beyond me. Grow a spine. :rolleyes:

i've had women blow me off by text or email quite a few times...

Alpha, you're not responsible for her feelings; however, at your age, you have to know that people don't process these things exactly as you do, so it's not reasonable to project your reactions as a 'norm' for their behavior.

IMO, ending this IRL still would've been unpleasant for her, but doing it in person really does give life to the reality, even if it's a painful one. It sounds like she was more irritated about it being text than being rejected.

Oh, well, time to move on....

Citizen Erased
i've had women blow me off by text or email quite a few times...

And your point being? If they jumped off a tall building to get away from you would you do the same thing in this case? :rolleyes:

Like I said, how anyone can think it is appropriate...it's not. At the very least a stinking phone call. Takes 5 minutes.

• Author
IMO, ending this IRL still would've been unpleasant for her, but doing it in person really does give life to the reality, even if it's a painful one. It sounds like she was more irritated about it being text than being rejected.

usually i just disappear without communicating anything. since she was so "nice" she deserved some type of closure. i lost out too. i payed for all our dates. i had to re-arrange my schedule to fit hers due to her having a kid. i asked her to make me dinner sometime and her response was "no". now i have to find someone else and go thru all the getting-to-know-u baloney again

Oh, well, time to move on....

indeed, i've got a date with another girl for friday nite

• Author
At the very least a stinking phone call. Takes 5 minutes.

no, i'm a coward when it comes to ending "relationships". if i would have slept with her or we had dated longer then i would have told her to her face

• Author

we went out like 5 or 6 times. i don't owe her anything. as a matter of fact she owes me like $200 for her half of all the dinners and drinks

Don't listen to them, alphamale. You wanted to end it so you did. I, personally, do not consider it as a relationship unless it's consummated by sex. She held out after 6 dates, which means she didn't trust you enough to consider you a lover yet. If she trusted you then she would have had sex with you. The way she held out can be correlated to going to repeated job interviews. If after 6 interviews with no clear prospect of getting the job in sight, would you consider yourself an employee? Would you think it best to give a 2 week notice? No. And the same can be said for you and this chick: 6 dates, no sex = she doesn't trust you. And that means you're not lovers. You had no obligation to this woman to show her the same consideration you would show a lover.

I think folks are giving you crap cuz you're a dude. If a woman had done this it wouldn't have been so bad. And you're name gives them more reason to give you crap too.

• Author
And the same can be said for you and this chick: 6 dates, no sex = she doesn't trust you. And that means you're not lovers. You had no obligation to this woman to show her the same consideration you would show a lover.

my point exactly

Citizen Erased
Don't listen to them, alphamale. You wanted to end it so you did. I, personally, do not consider it as a relationship unless it's consummated by sex. She held out after 6 dates, which means she didn't trust you enough to consider you a lover yet. If she trusted you then she would have had sex with you. The way she held out can be correlated to going to repeated job interviews. If after 6 interviews with no clear prospect of getting the job in sight, would you consider yourself an employee? Would you think it best to give a 2 week notice? No. And the same can be said for you and this chick: 6 dates, no sex = she doesn't trust you. And that means you're not lovers. You had no obligation to this woman to show her the same consideration you would show a lover.

I think folks are giving you crap cuz you're a dude. If a woman had done this it wouldn't have been so bad. And you're name gives them more reason to give you crap too.

Who said it was a relationship? Sorry, male or female, two dates, two years with someone, letting someone down through a text is lame.

The name he has on here is clearly not reflective of his actual personality, given the recent threads of his. Crap he posts about my 18 year old brother knows the answers to. :rolleyes: So no, I don't think that is a reason to give him crap.

• Author
, letting someone down through a text is lame.

not anymore....didn't you see Tonys thread on DDs? Digital Dumpings

i had to re-arrange my schedule to fit hers due to her having a kid. i asked her to make me dinner sometime and her response was "no". now i have to find someone else and go thru all the getting-to-know-u baloney again

You made a reasoned and reasonable effort. The alternative is curling up with a laptop and a cat, like I do. Good on ya for trying something different :)

Citizen Erased
we went out like 5 or 6 times. i don't owe her anything. as a matter of fact she owes me like $200 for her half of all the dinners and drinks

Send her the bill for it if it's such a problem. :rolleyes: