wedding dress poll

Lauriebell82

have we chosen a dress yet? how long is this going to take? is our decision binding upon the bride-to-be? i mean, like, does she HAVE to wear what we choose?

Lauriebell, I took your fave dress and massacred photoshopped it, so the skirt part of the dress is more tapered. While it's THE world's worst chop, since I'm chop retarded, you can get a feel for what that type of taper does for your body. Make sure you click into the larger pic, not just look at the thumbnail.

LB, You should definitely make the most of your weight loss and wear a dress that emphasises your figure- that fave dress of yours shows off your figure the best out of any of the dresses you have posted. You look like a grown up, sexy woman rather than a little girl playing dress ups (which is what I think some of those princess-y styles do to you)

Where is TBFs altered view?

how long is this going to take?

Could take weeks Alpha :laugh:...

Have you never moved a couch and chair 40 times in the same room before ?

• Author
have we chosen a dress yet? how long is this going to take? is our decision binding upon the bride-to-be? i mean, like, does she HAVE to wear what we choose?

Yes, Alpha, the fate of my wedding dress rests in all of your hands. :D

J/k...Nooo your decision is not binding. I just like outside opinions (that aren't friends/family) that's all!!!

I like it. Very elegant. You so suit that style LB.

Btw- I was looking back at my wedding pics the other day, and on my wedding day I still thought I could have lost a few pounds...

NOW I am hoping and praying that I go back to being within 5-10lbs of that weight and almost wish I had worn something even more figure enhancing, as this baby body is NOT a pretty sight....

I want to see the dresses on you LB!

I can't believe you're already dress shopping. I still haven't set foot in a bridal store :o

• Author
Rollercoasterr

I like B and D. I just can't put my finger on what I don't like about A, but I just really don't. C is pretty too, but my favorites are B and D. I think that both of them would look great on you, so there better be some pictures of them when you get back from AA!

• Author
I like B and D. I just can't put my finger on what I don't like about A, but I just really don't. C is pretty too, but my favorites are B and D. I think that both of them would look great on you, so there better be some pictures of them when you get back from AA!

Thanks! I know what you mean about A..I'm going to try it on but it's not one of my faves. Maybe it's the split skirt, that is more designed for a tall person. I have to get it in "small dimensions" which basically means I have to get it in a petite form of the dress. So the split skirt will be even more high up and it will basically take up the whole skirt.

It might look good though, I don't know!!!

My favorite is D, I have already tried it on and it looks great! I haven't tried it on since I lost more weight so the more "A-lined" dresses might look better on me.

My favourite...although I'm not crazy about it.. would be B.. but I would have the thingie removed on the belly.... one is enough... under the bust.

the other ones are horrible.. IMO.

• Author
My favourite...although I'm not crazy about it.. would be B.. but I would have the thingie removed on the belly.... one is enough... under the bust.

the other ones are horrible.. IMO.

Okay, what exactly is it that you don't like out of curiousity?

They may not be your style maybe...

Okay, what exactly is it that you don't like out of curiousity?

They may not be your style maybe...

I think they just look awful... I don't like them.. that's all.. the last one is way over the top.. the first one looks 'blah'... the third one is tacky...

B is the best but there is too much at the front.. one thingy is enough...like I said.

I'm going to wear it half up, curly, with an elbow length veil and tiara.

For dress C if you scroll down the past and read the reviews, some of the girls posted pics of themself in the dress so that you can see the front.

With that in mind, 100000000000000000% Dress C (From DB). I love how simple, elegant, and classy the front is. Coming down the aisle won't be all busy and fussy looking like the others, and then when you pass, there will be this flair of drama. Love it.

EDIT... just saw other links, will go look at those now.

Rollercoasterr

I know what you mean LB. I asked them specifically when I bought my dress if it would be hard to get altered. They said it will be easy because they can just take the skirt up from the top of it. Thank goodness, because I'm only 5"1 and I'm wearing flats to the wedding. Mathew is 5"7 so I don't want to even attempt to be taller than him. He's already self-conscious about his height.

• Author
where do we stand here L82? are you keeping tabs on which dress is getting how many votes?

Yep, looks like the majority like Dress C, from DB (my fave). The only thing about that dress is that the material (moreso in person) looks like it's on the "cheap side" if anyone can understand that.

• Author
I know what you mean LB. I asked them specifically when I bought my dress if it would be hard to get altered. They said it will be easy because they can just take the skirt up from the top of it. Thank goodness, because I'm only 5"1 and I'm wearing flats to the wedding. Mathew is 5"7 so I don't want to even attempt to be taller than him. He's already self-conscious about his height.

Yeah, I'm wearing like an inch or inch 1/2 heel. Fiance is like 5'11ish so I could wear higher than that and be fine but my feet would be butchered.

I have to think about my hips though, I tried on an A line dress and it looked really bad.

WRONG! :D You look WAY better in A-line than ballgown. WAY better. :)

I'm so behind in this thread!! Haha!

I like the third one in your album best (for more streamlined look), and the David's Bridal Dress C second (if you're insistent on something bigger).

Rollercoasterr
Yeah, I'm wearing like an inch or inch 1/2 heel. Fiance is like 5'11ish so I could wear higher than that and be fine but my feet would be butchered.

These are my shoes. It gives me about an inch and a half of height, and they're incredibly comfy. They're a whole lot cuter in person than on that picture, but it really wouldn't matter if I went barefoot because there's no way anyone will see my feet. My first choice before I saw these shoes was to get a pair of white flip flops from old navy and bedazzle them to make them sparkle, lol.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplayView?storeId=10052&catalogId=10051&categoryId=-49981499&currentIdx=8&subCategory=-49998498|-49997996|-49981499&catentryId=6087440&sort=

• Author
WRONG! :D You look WAY better in A-line than ballgown. WAY better. :)

I'm so behind in this thread!! Haha!

I like the third one in your album best (for more streamlined look), and the David's Bridal Dress C second (if you're insistent on something bigger).

Yeah I thought my hips would be too big, that was before I tried on the A-line. I couldn't believe how much my hips shrunk, I never thought I'd look better in an A-line!!!

Unfortunately I have to get a size 6 because my bust is too big. My waist is a size 4 so I will just have to have the stomach altered, that's not a big deal though. I want to be able to breath. :laugh: