wedding dress poll

Lauriebell82

Rollercoasterr

LB, when you go to DB try on all kinds of different styles. That's what I did. You've seen the dress I chose and it's nothing at all like what I would have ever picked. I'm not that girly but for my wedding I just want this whole princess thing. I tried on about 10 dresses and found the one I LOVED. Poofy it may be, but I look damn good in it.

When you go, don't look for one particular style or cut. Try it all on. That way if you find one that you thought you wouldn't like when you see it on the rack, you might love it when you put it on.

I wouldn't trade my princess ballgown for the world though. I keep unzipping my bag and peeking inside at least once a day. I can't wait to put it on for my wedding day!

sb, if they could get rid of that middle tier, that dress would be good too. Any tiered skirts like that, will cut off shorties like Lb and myself.

• Author
whats the price range here, like around $2,000 give or take $500?

My mom is buying the dress, but yeah it's probably something like that.

sb, think of that first dress but with chiffon, instead of the satin shoulders. This would bulk up those sleeves and would suit Lb's shoulders, since she's got nice square ones, rather than droopy shoulders..

Yes, I like that idea. I also love the beading on that dress because its very similar to my own wedding dress- which came with a chiffon shoulder strap option.

sb, if they could get rid of that middle tier, that dress would be good too. Any tiered skirts like that, will cut off shorties like Lb and myself.

Oh I didn't think of that, but come to think of it it would look much better without the middle tier. I love the layered lace look.

LB- I ABSOLUTELY did NOT want a strapless wedding dress, I was VERY determined not to have one. But guess what I ended up with- my arms shoulders and chest are some of my best features, and I couldn't deny that a strapless dress was one of the most flattering styles for me.

• Author
LB- I ABSOLUTELY did NOT want a strapless wedding dress, I was VERY determined not to have one. But guess what I ended up with- my arms shoulders and chest are some of my best features, and I couldn't deny that a strapless dress was one of the most flattering styles for me.

Yeah, same here! I didn't want one either. I wanted the dress that RC bought that got discontinued. Then I tried on a bunch of strapless and they looked great.

I probably have more options now that I lost even more weight now too. I was just limiting myself to a ballgown because that's what I thought my body type would look good in. Maybe I'll try on some others though just to see how they look.

Thank you bridal fashion consultants!!! :D

• Author
Yes, yes, try on all kinds! Wish we could all go shopping with you! :bunny:

Me too!!! I'll bring a camera with me tommorrow and post ones that I like.

After reading thru the comments, my first instinct stands.

The "A" choice.

Really did enjoy the alternative site of Alfred Angelo. Those styles seem eloquent yet not to flashy.

Me too!!! I'll bring a camera with me tommorrow and post ones that I like.
Plse do. If you don`t want your man seeing your possible choices, put them into a private album and then just add specific members, as contacts.
Rollercoasterr

I definitely want to see the pictures. Dress shopping was my most fun experience of this whole thing. But maybe that's because it was my only blissful "I'm getting married!!" moment I got to have before this immigration chaos.

But do make sure that you're 100% certain about your dress before you buy it. I love to watch that show "Say Yes to the Dress" and a few of those girls have had bad buyers remorse. It's so sad to know that you're stuck with something you don't want. You can always buy a new one but you never get the original moment back.

And, upside! Since I bought my dress at DB's they give me 15% off of whatever I buy there for myself and wedding party! Wee! I got the CUTEST shoes from there. I'm going to dye them that watermelon color so I can match my girls. No one will see my feet anyway!

Is your mother going with you dress shopping?

• Author
I definitely want to see the pictures. Dress shopping was my most fun experience of this whole thing. But maybe that's because it was my only blissful "I'm getting married!!" moment I got to have before this immigration chaos.

But do make sure that you're 100% certain about your dress before you buy it. I love to watch that show "Say Yes to the Dress" and a few of those girls have had bad buyers remorse. It's so sad to know that you're stuck with something you don't want. You can always buy a new one but you never get the original moment back.

And, upside! Since I bought my dress at DB's they give me 15% off of whatever I buy there for myself and wedding party! Wee! I got the CUTEST shoes from there. I'm going to dye them that watermelon color so I can match my girls. No one will see my feet anyway!

Is your mother going with you dress shopping?

No, my mom is in SC. She came to AA with me before but not DB. She said that she would buy me whatever dress I wanted, she just wanted to see what it looks like first.

I'm glad she isn't going to tommorrow, it was like hell with her! She is so pushy and crazy about it! I was really embarrassed!

looking4 green grass

I liked C the best.

A was a lot for one girl to wear. I LOVE it, but you've got to be the right girl to pull it off.

B was classic and nice.

• Author
speak for yourself sister :laugh:

You don't want to watch a hot girl try on wedding dresses? Oh the travesty!!!! :D

• Author

Grrrrrr, my bridesmaid cancelled on me. I hate when people do that at the last minute. I am still going to go though because I'm still not sure what dress I want.

I really like A and C...A is totally my style, though I would probably prefer some straps if only spaghetti but I really like the way it looks....I THINK I like C a lot..but it bothers me that you can't seem to get a view of the front no matter what you click on...from the back it does seem somewhat dramatic..but hey it's your wedding, I would not say either are "over the top" in a bad way or a well over the top way..they're not too much, just very formal.. in fact quite quite lovely. B to me is not particularly special...nice wedding dress, just not special and every bride wants to feel special on that day.

Rollercoasterr
Grrrrrr, my bridesmaid cancelled on me. I hate when people do that at the last minute. I am still going to go though because I'm still not sure what dress I want.

There will be plenty of people there to give you their opinions as well so I wouldn't worry about it, LB. If you find a dress you like, take your Bridesmaid back with you when she's available.

You don't want to watch a hot girl try on wedding dresses? Oh the travesty!!!! :D

LOL...Lauriebell, not speaking of alphamale specifically but I think for some of the commitment phobes among the hetero guys...it may be fun to watch hot girls try on most clothes....but wedding dresses, however beautiful they may look in them, just give them a panic attack.

Ok, I FINALLY got to see them.

I liked B or C, but would like to see front of C. Still think that you need to be taller to carry those kind of dresses off, but thats JMHO.

this is the first time i've be on an online shopping trip with a girl :lmao:
:lmao::lmao:

I'm the only one who loves loves loves dress A :laugh:. Love it! Definitely the kind of dress a bride-to-be has to try on, but I love it.

I also really like dress B and the dress in post 34.

And Alpha, you're on-line shopping - and for wedding dresses no less!

I like A and B so you're not the only one who likes A.

Now the questions are shoes:

White sneakers

flip flops or

white high heels

white as in any version of white and not egg shell white, white, cloud white, etc... :rolleyes::laugh:

• Author

Bad news guys...

I took a bunch of pictures of me in wedding dresses..unfortunately LS will not let me upload them because it says the dimensions of the pics are too big. Is there a way to fix that or upload them?

It sounds like you've already uploaded them to your computer so resize them. If you're trying to upload them to a picture album, why not resize them to 600 x whatever size is standard. If you don't have any other software, just use paint.

Nvm, it looks like you've already figured it out. The first dress for certain!! You look so much better in something that's not a ballgown. :bunny: