wedding dress poll

Lauriebell82

Okay, update!!!!

I can make the train into a cathedral for $100 extra dollars!!! YAYAYAYA!!!!!!!

Who wants to vote for the Allure dress? :D

what do you think?

It sounds to me like this is your dress.

• Author
what do you think?

It sounds to me like this is your dress.

Yeah, it is. It is going to look gorgeous. I am very curious what the one Maggie dress will look like on me so I think I will try it on just to compare. But yeah, this is going to be my dress. I am SO excited I can get the train extended. I think it will actually look even prettier and more elegant with a longer train especially because of the lace! And once it's actually in my size (the dress is clipped, it's like 3 sizes to big) it will look awesome!!!

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=Winnie&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3290HC

You look the most comfortable in the allure lace dress, but it looks too big on you....like around the waist and bust....are they going to pull the bust area up a little? It would look a lot better if the horizontal solid lace wrapped a little bit higher and tighter cuz they say thats the thinnest part of a woman's waste.....right under the bust.

And once it's actually in my size (the dress is clipped, it's like 3 sizes to big) it will look awesome!!!
Oh heh!! Ok, nevermind! :)

I think you should try the maggie dress, I like the halter style...have you tried halter styles yet?

Edited by oceangrl
MindoverMatter

I think you need to step back from the dresses for a while. You are so easily influenced, you might end up picking something that isn't really you.

Okay, update!!!!

I can make the train into a cathedral for $100 extra dollars!!! YAYAYAYA!!!!!!!

Who wants to vote for the Allure dress? :D

Yeah, it is. It is going to look gorgeous. I am very curious what the one Maggie dress will look like on me so I think I will try it on just to compare. But yeah, this is going to be my dress. I am SO excited I can get the train extended. I think it will actually look even prettier and more elegant with a longer train especially because of the lace! And once it's actually in my size (the dress is clipped, it's like 3 sizes to big) it will look awesome!!!

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=Winnie&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3290HC

I'm beyond confused...

Are you saying the Maggie is now the dress, or the Allure is the dress?

You're so easily influenced, LB...whether it be about a dress, or your job search. Do what's right for YOU, not what anyone else wants/thinks.

• Author
I think you need to step back from the dresses for a while. You are so easily influenced, you might end up picking something that isn't really you.

Unfortunately I can't do that. Dresses take 6-8 months to come in, our wedding is in a little over 10 months. I need to have time to alter it so I need to chose a dress within the next few weeks.

I like the Allure dress the best. I did want to try on the other one just to see what it looks like on me.

• Author
I'm beyond confused...

Are you saying the Maggie is now the dress, or the Allure is the dress?

You're so easily influenced, LB...whether it be about a dress, or your job search. Do what's right for YOU, not what anyone else wants/thinks.

I haven't tried the maggie dress on but I like the way it looks and I'm curious to see what it looks like on me.

I love the Allure dress ESPECIALY since I can get the train extended. I want to see which of the two looks better on me and I think is more "me" and then I will decide. (they are both lace)

That dress is beautiful :) Just remember as the bride you can have almost anything altered to have it exactly as you want !

Rollercoasterr

LB, I'm so excited for you that you found out good news about your Allure dress! I really think that deep down this is the dress for you.

• Author
LB, I'm so excited for you that you found out good news about your Allure dress! I really think that deep down this is the dress for you.

Yeah me too!!!! The train will look beautiful longer also!

I am going to try on the other dress today to see what it looks like because it's a lot like the other one. It may look horrible though I don't know!

• Author

So I tried the other dress on..it was nice but NOTHING compared to the lace one!!!!

And now that I can have my long train I found MY DRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

• Author

Well she hasnt seen it yet. We are going tomorrow. I told her to pretend she likes it though even if she doesnt. The accessories are extremely overpriced there so I guess we will have to buy them at Davids Bridal. The problem is that I wont know whether or not they will match my dress. Maybe they will let me try on the dress there or bring it in to see if they go with the dress....

Rollercoasterr
Well she hasnt seen it yet. We are going tomorrow. I told her to pretend she likes it though even if she doesnt. The accessories are extremely overpriced there so I guess we will have to buy them at Davids Bridal. The problem is that I wont know whether or not they will match my dress. Maybe they will let me try on the dress there or bring it in to see if they go with the dress....

I`d sure they probably wouldn`t mind you bringing your dress as long as it`s in the bag for the most part. Wouldn`t want the other customers to see what you found elsewhere!!! But in the end, a sale is a sale! They can`t(and shouldn`t) complain about that.

• Author

Grrrr, now my mom is trying to talk me out of buying that dress. She says it isn't flattering like pick up gowns are. I don't get that, I think that's actually the ultimate flattering dress! :confused:

Grrrr, now my mom is trying to talk me out of buying that dress. She says it isn't flattering like pick up gowns are. I don't get that, I think that's actually the ultimate flattering dress! :confused:

LB, you posted in the other thread that your mother is mentally ill and says and does horrible things to you. If that's true, I'm not sure why you're giving her opinion on YOUR dress for YOUR big day any weight.

You know the Allure lace dress is "the one." Just commit to it. :)

• Author
LB, you posted in the other thread that your mother is mentally ill and says and does horrible things to you. If that's true, I'm not sure why you're giving her opinion on YOUR dress for YOUR big day any weight.

You know the Allure lace dress is "the one." Just commit to it. :)

Well she is paying for it so I guess I feel a little guilty. Mentally ill or not she's still my mom ya know?

Yes, she's still your mom. Did you sit down and really talk to her as I suggested a few pages ago?

Another option is to have your father go with you for buying your dress. Whether your mom or your dad writes the check really doesn't make any difference, and he can probably temper your mom's reactions.

Well friends whenever we are going to choose our wedding dress there is always a question that how was our bridesmaids dress. I would like to share a link with you its Nexteve.com, they offer bridesmaids dresses at very cheap rates, with good quality material. There are many dresses to choose with great colors and designs....

This sure sounds like advertising ....I don't believe this is allowed...