wedding dress poll

Lauriebell82

• Author

Alrighty, I'm going to another bridal shop that I found in my city today. They have all types of designer dresses there as well so maybe I'll find something perfect for me.

Prepare for more pics my lovely fashion consultants!!!

• Author
Thats my last dress, you want it you can have it. I think it was like 5Gs. Size 4.

It's pretty, out of my price range though and I have to take a size 6.

No, No, I will GIVE it to you. Its still in the storage box. PM me.

Want me to check the exact measurements on it? I mean, Ive got Large C boobs so its probably a big 4. Its Jenny Lee Couture.

Hiya, I have looked at all three dresses and to be honest #2 is totally out for me its dull and nothing compared to # 1 & 3. I think #3 is the one to go for its simlpe in the front and elegant which would be nice (not fussy) if no offence you are rather short 5' 2" but the back is a whole other ball game with that beautiful detail. You'll know in your heart when you fit on the right dress I'd imagine, but i agree with the comment that for dress #1 you'd need to be super tall as the skirt could stunt you with that shape. I vote for 3. and the idea for your hair sounds really gr8. Let us know which one you pick. Oh and by the way well done on losing the weight I know how that feels and its not easy. :)

• Author
Hiya, I have looked at all three dresses and to be honest #2 is totally out for me its dull and nothing compared to # 1 & 3. I think #3 is the one to go for its simlpe in the front and elegant which would be nice (not fussy) if no offence you are rather short 5' 2" but the back is a whole other ball game with that beautiful detail. You'll know in your heart when you fit on the right dress I'd imagine, but i agree with the comment that for dress #1 you'd need to be super tall as the skirt could stunt you with that shape. I vote for 3. and the idea for your hair sounds really gr8. Let us know which one you pick. Oh and by the way well done on losing the weight I know how that feels and its not easy. :)

Thanks! I put a bunch of pics in my profile, if you click on my name you will be able to go there and view the albums. You can get a better idea of what I actually look like in the dresses.

• Author

Okay, bad news. They would not allow me to take any pictures at the bridal shop. :(

BUT I tried on a few gorgeous dresses. Here are pictures of the top two. Lets just say they look absolute beautiful on me. I definately look awesome in A-line gowns.

http://www.allurebridals.com/index.php?id=3&product_id=24

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/dress.aspx?line=s&page=3&style=SSM5032

melodymatters

I ike BOTH of those better than any previous ones ! Very elegant, and not blinding, medicinal white !

Too bad we can't see pics, but you are def on the right track !

What do you think is wrong with dress A?

I'm just curious, as it seems nobody likes that one...(I'm not offended though or upset)

I love dress A.

B does not do that much for me.

C I love the body of C.

I know , nobody picked A at all ..oh well....

I like intricate lace work , beads , ect.

A plain dress with no deco is not for me...

Okay, bad news. They would not allow me to take any pictures at the bridal shop. :(

BUT I tried on a few gorgeous dresses. Here are pictures of the top two. Lets just say they look absolute beautiful on me. I definately look awesome in A-line gowns.

Wow number two has an amazing top !

• Author
I ike BOTH of those better than any previous ones ! Very elegant, and not blinding, medicinal white !

Too bad we can't see pics, but you are def on the right track !

Well, I'm going to get them in white. But I tried on both of them in white and they are very beautiful.

I LOVE the first one, that is my favorite! The lace is just beautiful. I think it was either SG or sb who said that I look more "grown up" or older in the more tapered A-line dresses then the ballgowns. I really do agree after trying those two on. They are both so affordable too! They easily look like they could be $5,000 dresses!

I'm glad I went to that shop, the lady was so nice too! She had such great taste. She made me part of the process which I loved. She walked around the store and asked which dresses I liked and pointed out ones that she thought I might like. It was my best shopping experience yet!

always_searching

Personally, I like dress C.

A is too busy, and would probably over-power someone who is petite--you said you were 5'2", correct?

I'm apparently in the minority, but I don't like B. I feel like it's cheap looking. Maybe it's just because the front looks wrinkled in the picture on DB's website.

Still, only you know what looks best on you. I'm not hugely fond of any of them myself--I think plain wedding gowns look better than sequenced ones. However, that's only because I don't think I could pull-off a really flashy dress.

The girl should wear the dress, not the other way around" sort of thing. ;)

• Author
I just came across this thread, and I absolutely LOVE the all-lace one: [COLOR=#660000]http://www.allurebridals.com/index.p...&product_id=24[/COLOR]

Frou-frou princess-type ballgowns just don't fly with me, so I don't like any of the other dresses that were posted. I say definitely go for the lace one; it's positively stunning!

Thanks, I agree!!!

I still look like a princess also, but a much more sophisticated and elegant one! I wish they would have let me take a picture of the dress because it just looks awesome on me! I think after I buy it they will allow me to take a picture, it's something with the designers, they won't allow girls to take pics of random dresses.

always_searching

Well, now that I just saw your other choices, I LOVE the lace one (the first of the two). So beautiful and classy.

I think you ought to go with one of those two--I think they are both much better than your previous choices. :bunny:

• Author
Well, now that I just saw your other choices, I LOVE the lace one (the first of the two). So beautiful and classy.

I think you ought to go with one of those two--I think they are both much better than your previous choices. :bunny:

Me too!!!

The best part is that when the lights are dimmed the beading that is under the bust of the dress sparkles! So at the reception I will sparkle! :D

• Author
i LOVE LOVE LOVE the Allure bridal lace one.

Thanks! I love it too! It's elegant and classy but still gives off that "princess" look. Here is the other one I liked. I didn't like the ruffles that were sticking out of the top but was told that those could be sewed under so they don't stick out like that.

http://airecollection.es/

That last link didn't go straight to one particular dress; it just went to the homepage. But I think I might've found the one you mentioned--with the lace and the tiered mermaid-like train? It was the second one in the collection. Or the one with the jeweled empire waist and puff-sleeves that was number nine? Those two were the only ones I saw with distinct ruffling at the top of the bodice.

If it's the first one, I LOVE that; it's gorgeous. Second one, not so much. Not a fan of the sleeves.

OMG LB the first dress is abosolutly stunning. It is THE dress?

BTW how stupid they wouldn't let you take picts what was the reason.

• Author
That last link didn't go straight to one particular dress; it just went to the homepage. But I think I might've found the one you mentioned--with the lace and the tiered mermaid-like train? It was the second one in the collection. Or the one with the jeweled empire waist and puff-sleeves that was number nine? Those two were the only ones I saw with distinct ruffling at the top of the bodice.

If it's the first one, I LOVE that; it's gorgeous. Second one, not so much. Not a fan of the sleeves.

Okay when you get into the actual website click on Aire Barcelona which is underneith the heading OUR COLLECTIONS. It is the second dress in the collection. The model is leaning back a bit and touching the "X" on the wall.

OMG LB the first dress is abosolutly stunning. It is THE dress?

BTW how stupid they wouldn't let you take picts what was the reason.

Yeah, I was disappointed I couldn't take pics. The lady said it wasn't THEIR actual shop that wouldn't allow it, it is the designers. Something with copyright? I don't know. Apparently though I can take pictures AFTER I purchase the dress.

But yes, I think that is THE dress. I love it!!! It looks a little more wide on the bottom because I am so much shorter than the model. I look absolutely gorgeous in it though! I look like an elegant pricess. When I tried it on I actually got tears in my eyes!!! I have never had that happen with any dress I have tried on!!! :D

I’m also partial to the A-Line dresses on you too, Lauriebell. You’ve certainly got the figure to pull it off. I think chapel length trains are just as ‘princess’ like as the poofy ball gowns, only more streamline and elegant.

My daughter’s the same size and shape as you, only about 5 inches taller. She’s also finally settled for the A-Line in “Lace”, although that wasn’t what she was looking for originally... until she put it on, that is. Looks stunning!

http://www.moncheribridals.com/CollectionProductDetail.aspx?cname=Bridals&did=504534&pid=505008&year=2009&season=Fall&

A little more simpler than the one you picked, but her’s is an outdoor venue.

Can’t wait to see what you finally decide on. Good luck!

• Author
I’m also partial to the A-Line dresses on you too, Lauriebell. You’ve certainly got the figure to pull it off. I think chapel length trains are just as ‘princess’ like as the poofy ball gowns, only more streamline and elegant.

My daughter’s the same size and shape as you, only about 5 inches taller. She’s also finally settled for the A-Line in “Lace”, although that wasn’t what she was looking for originally... until she put it on, that is. Looks stunning!

http://www.moncheribridals.com/CollectionProductDetail.aspx?cname=Bridals&did=504534&pid=505008&year=2009&season=Fall&

A little more simpler than the one you picked, but her’s is an outdoor venue.

Can’t wait to see what you finally decide on. Good luck!

Thanks! Yeah your daughter's dress does look like mine! I LOVE the back of her dress!

I would have NEVER thought I would chose a dress like that, I wanted the opposite!!! With the figure I have now though, A-lines look so much better! I looked through old pictures and found some of me at 9th and 10th grade homecoming which I was about the same size I am now. I can't believe I have my teenage figure back! Anyway, they were more tapered, A-line type dresses and they really showed me off and I looked thinner!

I also like the dress because it is still formal enough that it could pass for "princess like" and because of how fancy/formal our wedding will be, I do want something to that effect. That's sort of why I wanted a ballgown because it goes along with that theme.

I LOVE this dress though, I am sooooo excited!!!!!:D