wedding dress poll

Lauriebell82

Out of the three, I would pick the second one, but only if you're totally flat-chested, as with big boobs, you'd be hiking up a strapless gown all night long.

I like it too, but I want to see the others to make a fair judgement. I like the shoulder straps on the AA one better than the strapless version.

Damn that website!

• Author
Out of the three, I would pick the second one, but only if you're totally flat-chested, as with big boobs, you'd be hiking up a strapless gown all night long.

Well, I'm a small C cup. When I have it altered I won't have to pull it up hopefully!

• Author
I like it too, but I want to see the others to make a fair judgement. I like the shoulder straps on the AA one better than the strapless version.

Damn that website!

I'm trying to figure out you can see them!

I'm going to take pictures at DB tommorrow and I might post them.

There are dressmakers tricks for that problem. I had a strapless bra that threaded into loops sewn into my dress so they stayed together, and the dress had an additional elastic support strap that did up like a bra strap just underneath the bust- it was VERY secure!

• Author

Hey sb: can you access the DB website at all? Do a search for David's bridal and see if you can get into the website..

• Author
Lb, I think you're looking at dresses with skirts that are too full. Consider something a little more tapered.

What do you mean tapered?

tapered as in not so wide at the bottom. more closely fitting around the legs

Not mermaid but something that enhances the differential between your waist and hips. You want to exaggerate your waistline.

Perhaps something that's close-fitting to the torso, with off-shoulder but not shoulderless top. The skirt would gently curve over your hips and then come in a bit, with soft material.

• Author
tapered as in not so wide at the bottom. more closely fitting around the legs

Ohhh.

Yeah, I want a ballgown though. I want to look like a princess. :)

• Author
Not mermaid but something that enhances the differential between your waist and hips. You want to exaggerate your waistline.

Perhaps something that's close-fitting to the torso, with off-shoulder but not shoulderless top. The skirt would gently curve over your hips and then come in a bit, with soft material.

I have to think about my hips though, I tried on an A line dress and it looked really bad.

Can you look on the DB website and send an example of what you mean?

Hey sb: can you access the DB website at all? Do a search for David's bridal and see if you can get into the website..

Tried that. No joy.

I agree with TBF re: skirt fullness for a few reasons.

-you are very petite, and taller people tend to carry those kind of skirts off better

-They are a ROYAL pain in the proverbial on the day.

I had my dress altered from a fuller skirted one to a more tapered look by having some of the underskirt layers removed, it sat much better (you've seen the pics) and I am glad I did, because even with the layers removed it still ended up being really hot to wear.

I have to think about my hips though, I tried on an A line dress and it looked really bad.

Can you look on the DB website and send an example of what you mean?

You have to be careful with A-line dresses. If the material isn't soft enough or if the dress isn't well-cut, they make everyone look like trapezoids.

Okay, I'll take a look.

Something more like this or this.

More streamlined.

those are very nice except i like the first one better, the one without the ruffle twisties

More streamlined.

Something like the first one but with a little more material off-the-shoulder. More of a 1950's bride look.
  • Author

More streamlined.

Oh okay. I don't think I have the figure to pull that off though...

Yes TBF- I like your thinking. I love the 1950s and 1930s bridal styles.

LB- I think you would be pleasantly surprised- most well made bridal gowns are designed to be as flattering as possible. The gathering on the side and details etc are there to draw the eye in that direction rather than towards your hips/stomach.

LB, you are tiny.

I also like this one. LB- its your wedding gown after all! I do think that you should maybe try a few other styles on just to make sure you aren't missing something that could be potentially gorgeous on you.

All those models in the pics that I posted aren't that tall..

Yes, I like the retro look alpha but that's not why. This is based on seeing real pics of Lb's body type.

sb, think of that first dress but with chiffon, instead of the satin shoulders. This would bulk up those sleeves and would suit Lb's shoulders, since she's got nice square ones, rather than droopy shoulders.

Or maybe a halter dress that falls softly.