Anyone else feel like men get less out of relationshisp than women?

Hopefully, when an anomalous man is produced, he doesn't procreate or have any effect on the socialization of future generations so history and the natural order of things will be preserved. He'll die soon enough, hopefully sooner rather than later. The status quo is preserved; everything is in balance. OP, are you that man?

Think about what I wrote. It isn't a denigration of your existence, rather that of society and civilization, a harbinger of a dark future.

IMO, '1950' was a time when a 'good' man was valued and appreciated, in the largest societal sense of the word. A gentleman was a success. Little did my father know that such values would soon be extinct ;) Aholes exist throughout history; it's only now that we let them define us and our success. Enjoy the genetic future that you've given birth to. I can't take that responsibility for I have no children to mold and shape in the 'old' ways. Enjoy! :)

• Author
newtoloveshac
No argument there....Tell me why the powers that be (MEN) decided women should stay home and take care of the family? Why didn't they think women should go...?

Oh...so why bring it up? If evolution did that ..there's your answer.

Tell me why women GIVE UP MORE to be in a relationship?

ahmm..didn't you say...EVOLUTION?:D

We are more than slaves to our genes. Otherwise polygamy, violence and other stuff would be acceptable.

Tell me why female relatives are not equally protective of their male relatives now?

Plenty of men give up more. 1 in 2 men considers being a SAHD. how many get to do it? men give up their health, hobbies and time with their children to to provide for you women.

Tell me why women give up less.

Hopefully, when an anomalous man is produced, he doesn't procreate or have any effect on the socialization of future generations so history and the natural order of things will be preserved. He'll die soon enough, hopefully sooner rather than later. The status quo is preserved; everything is in balance. OP, are you that man?

CARHILL!!!!!! oh dear....

IMO, '1950' was a time when a 'good' man was valued and appreciated, in the largest societal sense of the word. A gentleman was a success. Little did my father know that such values would soon be extinct
I do like how men seem much more "gentlemanly" during those times....I guess each generation has its good and bad...
  • Author
newtoloveshac
Yeah, I agree. What exactly does the OP men by "male equality"? It sounds like he wants to return to 1950 when men (thought they) were in charge and women were subject to their whims without much of a voice?

OP, what do you mean by male equality? And, how does a woman show affection to you if laying her head in your lap is such the two edged sword with you?

Maybe letting him put his head in her lap?

• Author
newtoloveshac
It is common knowledge that many prospective mothers-in-law are tough on their would-be daughters-in law...thus the many horrow stories and comedy material regarding this dynamic.

It never is serious or turns violent the way men do.

It never is serious or turns violent the way men do.

I think that really depends on the kind of people you are around or grow up with. Or the kind of movies you watch.

Island Girl
Well, OP, you could go ahead and remain single, or better yet... date men! Then YOU can be the 'woman' in the relationship, since women have it so much better! Yay! :bunny::bunny:

This is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Author
newtoloveshac
This is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

**** YOU (10 chars)

Doesn't using profanity free your soul? ;)

He cussed? no way....did he really? :rolleyes: LOL!!!!!

It is FREEing! dammit!

theBrokenMuse
**** YOU (10 chars)

Just as a little advice, If you get so angry that you feel the need to swear at people then you need to sign off and take a breather because the direct insults and verbal attacks will get you banned right off this site.

Citizen Erased
**** YOU (10 chars)

I think you're cute. How about we add to my balls in a jar collection and we hook up. ;):love:

Island Girl
I think you're cute. How about we add to my balls in a jar collection and we hook up. ;):love:

I'm so glad someone here has room on her shelf!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Author
newtoloveshac

Please tell me what is the point of commenting to only insult someone or compliment someone on insults.

I don't think we would insult women if a woman asked this question about men.

Show some basic respect.

I think telling someone to go gay is an insult as well.

I think that's "when", CE....;)

Nice one. This definitely isn't BP. Is there a problem over at SS; maybe a few exiles coming over?

Citizen Erased
Please tell me what is the point of commenting to only insult someone or compliment someone on insults.

I don't think we would insult women if a woman asked this question about men.

Show some basic respect.

Are you kidding me? If I started a thread like this but genders reversed, it would be drawing every woman hating macho poster on this forum like flies to honey. Which I wouldn't because I have a life and actual intelligence and better things to do than blame everyone else for me being alone but myself.

And how about YOU show some basic respect by not swearing at other members of this forum because they disagree with you. Pot, meet kettle much? :rolleyes:

Island Girl
Show some basic respect.

I will if you will.;)

Oh yeah. That is what this whole thread is about -- disrespecting women.

Still I am going to assume you are not incapable. So I'll be waiting...:bunny::bunny:

That's because you see something wrong with being gay.

I don't. So it isn't insulting. :D

• Author
newtoloveshac

If you disagree say why. Why even post if its just to insult? The list was obviously in general. i didn't attack any individual women did i?

If you want to argue another viewpoint Island Girl go ahead. I never said I wouldn't believe the women.

I never said I wouldn't believe the women.

LMAO! "The women" might ignore you after that comment.

I can't say that I understand this thread, new. It seems that you were just looking for men that agreed with you and not to hear from "the women". You did get a reply from a poster known for sharing most of your viewpoint on this, but apparently that wasn't enough.

Is it that you really just want women to admit that they demand too much by not catering to a man's every whim without regard to their own needs? Because, beyond that....I got nothing. ;)

I don't want to be right. I want to be proven wrong.

But opinions can't be proven wrong. They can't be proven right either. People may agree or disagree with you, but they aren't offering "proof", just more opinions.

What you have stated is an opinion, not a fact.

And in order to be proven wrong, it first has to be agreed that you are right. Which leads back to the first paragraph.

theBrokenMuse
I don't want to be right. I want to be proven wrong.

People that have a vested interest in their viewpoints, as you seem to, don't tend to change their minds because others disagree or in many cases even if others can present a very persuasive and thought provoking rebuttal. Such things are oftentimes dismissed very flippantly.

So, what exactly would it take for you personally to change your mind on this matter?

I just want to know why can't a woman give as much or more in a relationship? Instead I got this nonsense about women giving up more which is also an opinion.

Again, opinions.

You keep stating your opinion as if it is the gospel for everybody else and then show frustration that you can't find anyone to change your mind for you.

Its not nonsense. Its just an opposing opinion. One that you obviously reject as your experiences don't match (in your opinion).

You are starting from a faulty premise. You don't know ALL women. So you can't make such a lofty statement about "Women" as a whole. That, and the fact that research into your question has proven your assertion wrong by stating that MEN get more from relationships than women do because women do more to maintain it. Married MEN live longer than single MEN. Married Men have better health and better health outcomes than single men (statistically speaking).

Look it up. You'll be surprised at what you find.

Island Girl
LMAO! "The women" might ignore you after that comment.

Exactly. "The women." :rolleyes:

OP -

When you make blanket generalizations you are always going to be wrong.

And it is no different in this case.

If I say, "The sky is purple" would you spend time explaining the color of the sky being blue and why that is so?

It is the same thing here.

The statements you have made are your own person view and they are not factual in the least.

You want to see what you want to see. And that's it. So everywhere you look you search for information that confirms your viewpoint and dismiss ALL (including others who have a far different experience) that is available to contradict it.

So should I spend my time showing you why your viewpoint (which is clearly not based on facts or reality) is wrong?

Like this thread - it's kind of pointless don't you think?

An example of a relationship where a woman gave as much or more. Not just saying I am generalizing. Specific and detailed examples would convince me. I feel really depressed and lonely right now.

Does giving birth count as contibuting something meaningful?