Who are the apha-men?

James Bond? (player!!) these are the characters women want in real life?

Well now that you mentioned James Bond....

:laugh::laugh:

I just want Pierce Brosnan :love::laugh:.

butcher's hook
James Bond is a fictional character so there is no way of knowing how we would do in real life.

I'll tell you how James Bond does in real life, GREAT! As far as the women he is involved with, if you want to be a number in a string of 100's of women who are going to be a fill in for a moment of pleasure and charm, then also great! :laugh:

Rhett Butler from Gond With the Wind.

No offense Woggle but I have read your comments around the board and you tend to post relentlessly the idea that men need to break away from from the "man", "the man" being women of course. You tend to see women as the "enemy" I think you have some issues with women, you would make a perfect Alphamale in terms of what the definition it represents for me! ;)

butcher's hook

Oh noooo I am so dissapointed in you young lady!! Pierce B?

Sean when he was young, maybe Roger Moore, but Pierce is so not sexy to me...and who was the one they chose recently too? :sick:

butcher's hook

:lmao::lmao::lmao: :lmao: of course I meant GONE not "Gond" :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Gaunt with the wind...(they can cast Lara Flynt Boyle to star in that one)

Island Girl
Well now that you mentioned James Bond....

:laugh::laugh:

Sean Connery. Always and Forever. :love::love::love: Isn't he just yummy!

Oh and BTW butcher's hook I don't buy it. - And no Chupacabra definition here just actual study of the reality. ;)

I'll tell you how James Bond does in real life, GREAT! As far as the women he is involved with, if you want to be a number in a string of 100's of women who are going to be a fill in for a moment of pleasure and charm, then also great! :laugh:

No offense Woggle but I have read your comments around the board and you tend to post relentlessly the idea that men need to break away from from the "man", "the man" being women of course. You tend to see women as the "enemy" I think you have some issues with women, you would make a perfect Alphamale in terms of what the definition it represents for me! ;)

I have issues with women and I freely admit it. I think that most of what I say is dead on right and men do need to grow some balls and stop trying so damn hard to please women. If a man can get married without having his balls in a vice grip then great but most can't. Even if you stand up to a woman that is still a case of her having his balls in a vice. He is participating in drama he would rather not just to keep a marriage to shrew going and that is no way to exist. Most men in marriage end up either fighting a war with their spouse or being her prisoner. An apha refuses to except either and that is why many of them end up as players.

Oh noooo I am so dissapointed in you young lady!! Pierce B?

Sean when he was young, maybe Roger Moore, but Pierce is so not sexy to me...and who was the one they chose recently too? :sick:

:o:laugh: I have a thing for Pierce Brosnan, Richard Gere.. :o

Sean Connery. Always and Forever. :love::love::love: Isn't he just yummy!

Sean Connery, yes he was yummy - I still find him very handsome. Up to this day, I still kinda wish he was my grandpapa! :love::laugh:

Island Girl
men do need to grow some balls and stop trying so damn hard to please women.

This is the closest I have ever seen you come to actually holding the men accountable for their part in those types of relationships!

Awwww Woggle, is it like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas when his heart grew 3 sizes in a day???

butcher's hook
Richard Gere.. :o

Richard Gere YUM!!!!!!! :love::love::love:

Ok I'll admint Rhett is kind of hot in his behaviour, he would be fun short term but a man that plays that many mind games is not fun long term. Who needs that constant mind screw? But he is the perfect match for an irreverent spoiled brat like Scarlett.

I like someone who is more in between not overly into mind games but can keep me on my toes, but not a dead piece of wood lap dog type either.

This is the closest I have ever seen you come to actually holding the men accountable for their part in those types of relationships!

Awwww Woggle, is it like The Grinch Who Stole Christmas when his heart grew 3 sizes in a day???

If you actually read my posts I hold men accountable all the time. The losers in modern day relationships are these new age sensitive men who are willing to put their balls in a vice grip in order to keep a woman in his life. I have said this plenty of times. I have said all the time that the key to winning the battle of the sexes is to change men.

Back to the topic of Alpha-Males if most of them seem like players it is because most of them simply refuse to accept the drama that seems to come with many modern day women.

butcher's hook
Most men in marriage end up either fighting a war with their spouse or being her prisoner. An apha refuses to except either and that is why many of them end up as players.

Right so who needs a player or borderdline player?

Back to the topic of Alpha-Males if most of them seem like players it is because most of them simply refuse to accept the drama that seems to come with many modern day women.

Yeah refusing to accept drama also means in "alpha speak" washing your hands of responsibility when the going get tough or when life throws you a curve ball in a marriage or long term partnership.

Right so who needs a player or borderdline player?

I don't know any woman that need it but many sure are attracted to it. Don't ask me why.

butcher's hook
I don't know any woman that need it but many sure are attracted to it. Don't ask me why.

Only women who feel undeserving of love are attracted to players or men who display behaviours of players.

Island Girl
If you actually read my posts I hold men accountable all the time. The losers in modern day relationships are these new age sensitive men who are willing to put their balls in a vice grip in order to keep a woman in his life. I have said this plenty of times. I have said all the time that the key to winning the battle of the sexes is to change men.

The only posts I have ever seen generalize women as shrews who don't respect their husbands.

It is nice to see that you understand in order for that shrew to have the dictatorship going HE has to hand over his cajones.

There are specific women who get "played" too. The girls who accept whatever behavior they get and as it deteriorates just move their standard lower and lower to accommodate.

They exhibit doormat behavior and then get walked all over.

The same thing happens in reverse when a man becomes a doormat then wonders why they get treated so badly.

Any Alpha who is just dating capitalizes on this.

Yeah refusing to accept drama also means in "alpha speak" washing your hands of responsibility when the going get tough or when life throws you a curve ball in a marriage or long term partnership.

It's one thing to tough it out but refusing accept mistreatement from a woman who does not respect and most likely never will is called having a spine. Most men just stay there and bend over backwards to please a woman that never can be pleased.

Most married women are shrews who don't respect their husbands but men certainly help it by just taking it.

butcher's hook
It's one thing to tough it out but refusing accept mistreatement from a woman who does not respect and most likely never will is called having a spine.

And that is where you are severely mistaken that ONLY alpha's have a spine, let me assure you I have been with "non alphas" who most certainly had spines and let me get away with even less than the "so called alphas" did.

it's called self respect (I changed that to respect this is what I meant )not "alpha"

I give a crap if all women gravitate to my man or if he can dominate a room, conversation or group of peers. I don't need him to prove social tests for me in order validate my own worth or for me to look up to and respect and have admiration for him. I need him to pass my personal tests that pertain to how he and I relate and how he will handle life's true tests which don't involve how much other women admire him, or how much he can hold court in an engaging and charming conversation in a social sphere or how he will battle my wits in all things cultural or political, that's all superficial crap.

And that is where you are severely mistaken that ONLY alpha's have a spine, let me assure you I have been with "non alphas" who most certainly had spines and let me get away with even less than the "so called alphas" did.

it's called self esteem not "alpha"

I give a crap if all women gravitate to my man or if he can dominate a room, conversation or group of peers. I don't need him to prove social tests for me in order validate my own worth or for me to look up to and respect and have admiration for him. I need him to pass my personal tests that pertain to how he and I relate and how he will handle life's true tests which don't involve how much other women admire him, or how much he can hold court in an engaging and charming conversation in a social sphere or how he will battle my wits in all things cultural or political, that's all superficial crap.

They are still Alpha. An Alpha is a man with spine.

You are not like many other women then because many women are attracted to a man because other women want him.

butcher's hook

You are not like many other women then because many women are attracted to a man because other women want him.

That I am not, you got that right! ;)

Island Girl
Most married women are shrews who don't respect their husbands but men certainly help it by just taking it.

See now -- MOST isn't accurate Woggle.

And they each bear equal responsibility for the state of their own marriage.

She wouldn't be able to be such a shrew if he stood up for himself.

A "player" only gets away with treating women poorly because women put up with his antics.

The female version only gets away with it because men put up with it.

These "players" generally encompass a lot of very attractive qualities including being very good looking, confident, etc.

And usually when a person like this finds someone they are attracted to who doesn't put up with their crap then they act like anyone else does in a relationship with compromise, honesty, dedication, etc.

Island Girl
I give a crap if all women gravitate to my man or if he can dominate a room' date=' conversation or group of peers. I don't need him to prove social tests for me in order validate my own worth or for me to look up to and respect and have admiration for him. I need him to pass my personal tests that pertain to how he and I relate and how he will handle life's true tests which don't involve how much other women admire him, or how much he can hold court in an engaging and charming conversation in a social sphere or how he will battle my wits in all things cultural or political, that's all superficial crap.[/quote']

It doesn't matter one way or the other to me either.

That doesn't change the fact that it is so.

But on the other hand it does have everything to do with who he is and how he carries himself and also how he treats ME, etc.

It IS definitely him and all things about him that I adore.

All of the above that is quoted is part of who he is and happens because he is who he is.

So I would suppose in the end it isn't superficial AT ALL.

butcher's hook
It doesn't matter one way or the other to me either.

Yet I find it interesting that you introduced this notion first when describing your husband:

My husband is the guy other guys want to be friends with and gravitate towards - and the one the girls in the room want to date.

I think it does matter to you.

See now -- MOST isn't accurate Woggle.

And they each bear equal responsibility for the state of their own marriage.

She wouldn't be able to be such a shrew if he stood up for himself.

A "player" only gets away with treating women poorly because women put up with his antics.

The female version only gets away with it because men put up with it.

These "players" generally encompass a lot of very attractive qualities including being very good looking, confident, etc.

And usually when a person like this finds someone they are attracted to who doesn't put up with their crap then they act like anyone else does in a relationship with compromise, honesty, dedication, etc.

I am sorry but I do believe most is accurate. I would love to be wrong though.

I do agree that people get away with mistreating others because the other puts up with it.

Island Girl
Yet I find it interesting that you introduced this notion first when describing your husband:

I think it does matter to you.

As I said butcher a fact is simply a fact.

I was stating the FACTS.

He is gregarious. And other's DO gravitate toward him. (How else would I say that?)

It has always been so although when I met him he was on his own and I had no idea.

So I didn't date him because of it nor is it the reason I stayed with him or married him.

But it does happen because of who he is and how he carries himself. And I love who he is and how he carries himself all the time.

Oooooo I do hope you stick around!! :laugh:

butcher's hook

IG I understand facts, thanks. ;)

Would it also be a fact that your husband is a considerate man, and an independent thinker who is engaging when it comes to how you relate to him intellectually?

I only ask that because those are also very strong qualities you would think a so called "alpha" would posses, yet your choice in "facts" was how he is perceived socially by others in particular his level of desire to other women.

It appears that his social appeal would be at the top of your list for qualities that you feel are "alphalike" so it is natural for me to conclude that those are at the forefront of your thoughts in terms of how you see him.

The list of descriptors I asked you about is how I would describe my man, how others relate to him is not at the top of my list though I could easily say the exact same things about my guy. But if I am brutally honesty I never stopped to wonder if "all women want to date him" nor do I care to know that. I want to date him. YUM! :love: