Valentine's Day Didn't Just Bring a Bracelet

Trialbyfire

It's just more of the same old, same old baiting technique Touche. :laugh:

I guess so. But I'd still really like to know what is so odd about this? Makes no sense to me.

I just finished dinner and it was yummy. Glad you had a nice date with Mr. T. I'm going out soon with my snowman fiancé to a party with my friends. They want to celebrate the engagement! :)

That sounds like fun. Have a great time! And :laugh: at the strikeout.

Has he introduced you as his fiancee' yet? Then it might truly sink in!

Anyway, enjoy.

I just don't see what's so odd about it. I'd really like to know.

Well, first of all, what she says her own philosophy is (and preaches to others) doesn't line up AT ALL with what she's describing here. She questions other posters about how long they've been dating, and insists that it takes a long time to get to know someone before you can be ready to enter into anything committed with them. And then she turns around and does the very thing she warns everyone else NOT to do!!

Another thing, she seemed cagey in her responses to questions within this thread - whether she was in love with him ("I think I am...time will tell" - seems a bit lukewarm to me, especially when describing one's fiance) and whether she's had sex with him ("How silly... how could I resist?" - answering a question with a question; classic deflection).

And then there's the mysterious "I've-got-a-secret-but-I-can't-say-yet" comments in allina's thread about rock-shopping, which she posted a mere five days after she claimed she met the guy.

And then there's the whole bracelet thing. I'm really glad she put it on her left arm to begin with! He'd have been doomed if he had to grab her right hand to "take a closer look at the bracelet" ...

And this comment, it just makes the whole thing look a little too carefully calculated:

Yes, if you look at my snowman thread, you can see how much I already knew about him within a few days. In two weeks, a lot more. Now, much, much more and not just from him or one source.

If you step back and look at it, an impossibly gorgeous Greek guy who is perfectly available and happily over his ex, is putting a ring on her finger less than 2 months after meeting her... and the parents are slapping each other on the back. HUH?!? My mother would have a heart attack if I did that! And my dad (if he were still alive) would do whatever it took (shame me, pester me, grill me, etc.) to talk some sense into me.

But again, maybe I'm reading this all wrong. I certainly HOPE I am wrong! It's all unfolded so headspinningly fast for her... and for us!!

• Author
That sounds like fun. Have a great time! And :laugh: at the strikeout.

Has he introduced you as his fiancee' yet? Then it might truly sink in!

Anyway, enjoy.

There's been no need for him to introduce me since the proposal, although he's been pushing my buttons by asking "How's my fiancée?". For some reason, it makes me blush. I'm blushing right now as I'm typing. What a weird trigger because I rarely blush. :o:laugh:

Thanks.

There's been no need for him to introduce me since the proposal, although he's been pushing my buttons by asking "How's my fiancée?". For some reason, it makes me blush. I'm blushing right now as I'm typing. What a weird trigger because I rarely blush. :o:laugh:

Thanks.

Haha! That's cute. It reminds me of our honeymoon. T is so silly. He kept shouting at odd and random times "ARGH! We're MARRIED!:eek:" Sooo, silly. Guess you had to be there though.:laugh: It was funny.

I don't know, OB. I'm not seeing things the way you are. And for the record, while the rest of my family thought I was nuts, my mom understood perfectly and was THRILLED for us. Both she and my stepdad loved him right away and never doubted that we were doing the right thing. Well, anyone who knew us wouldn't have doubted it. Anyone who was around us at the time didn't. My H has four sisters and none of them doubted it either. They saw us together.

The doubters were friends and family who lived elsewhere and weren't around us.

Seriously, I think you're way over-analyzing a lot of this, OB. Sometimes it's really as simple as "if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck then it must be a duck!" It really is that way with love sometimes.

Sometimes it's so simple and so uncomplicated and just so obviously right. I'd wish that for anyone.

But I guess until you've experienced it yourself you can never really believe it...so in a sense I am able to understand your skepticism.

• Author
Haha! That's cute. It reminds me of our honeymoon. T is so silly. He kept shouting at odd and random times "ARGH! We're MARRIED!:eek:" Sooo, silly. Guess you had to be there though.:laugh: It was funny.

I can easily imagine that and can see the humour in it. I think it's a guy thing, with that particular style of teasing. It's so deliberate! :laugh:

Just uploaded another BIGGER pic of the ring into my avatar, in case anyone wants to look at it a little more closely. ;)

While I normally hesitate to accuse anyone of jealousy and envy, I'm sincerely starting to wonder if it's ring envy. :laugh:

I can see the real story here, much better than most. Snowman is desperate to seal the deal because he has a laser-sight focus on his legacy. He can't believe that a dream package like himself has made no progress in life's most important arena, and it's eating him up inside. There's only one way to establish his manhood - it's a full-court press, and he's only inches away from a slam dunk.

My prediction is that "he" will be pregnant by June. :laugh:

Well, I hope you're right, Touche. I hope you're right...

I hope I am too. Hey, you know TBF and I have been at odds. You've seen it. I even said in one of my posts that Spring is coming and snowmen melt!:laugh: (One of my better lines I must say!:laugh::lmao:) But when it comes down to it, I don't wish anyone to be go through more misery in this life. I really don't.

Hell, it's hard enough you know?

And I think it's good for LS to have some positive stories. It's just a shame that when we do have them, those people are attacked or told that they're bragging or seeking attention, etc. Trust me, I know. I've been on the other end of it on here too.

But I think it's important for people to see stories like these. It gives them hope.

When I wasn't in such a happy place in my own life I LOVED hearing stories of people finding true love. Ok, well maybe not "loved" but... It gave ME hope. It made me see that I wasn't the only one who didn't hit it right out of the ballpark. Some of do stumble a bit in life before we get it right.

So I too hope this has a happy ending...not just for TBF and her guy but for everyone on LS who is not in such a good place right now.

Sure some will be jealous and tell her it's all BS, etc. but many others will look at this as an inspiration.

I sure hope LS and its members don't ONLY subscribe to the theory that "misery loves company."

Would some of you like her better if she was still wallowing in her misery?

I do wonder.

I see you just posted TBF. I'll check it out. What about the bracelet? What kind of bracelet is it? Why not put a pic up of it?

When it comes to women, nothing would surprise me. You know how they can be about petty stuff like rings and such. So silly.

lord alfred douglas
I can see the real story here, much better than most. Snowman is desperate to seal the deal because he has a laser-sight focus on his legacy. He can't believe that a dream package like himself has made no progress in life's most important arena, and it's eating him up inside. There's only one way to establish his manhood - it's a full-court press, and he's only inches away from a slam dunk.

My prediction is that "he" will be pregnant by June. :laugh:

come on man, you're one of my favorites on here and we've all been really personal and have come to be good friends here (even though we all fight sometimes)

this is a time to be happy for her and wish her the best, not spit in her face when shes sharing an important part of her life with us

this is a time to be happy for her and wish her the best,

You're so right, as usual.

I will pull my ugly head in, but only because you showed me the error of my ways. Props to you.

Everybody deserves to be happy, and we'd all do much better to focus on the positive. Thanks to you, lord alfred, I can see that now.

My apologies to Trialbyfire, for any offence. Please accept this bunny as an apology. :bunny:

Citizen Erased
Are you guys still on this thing?

For those of us whove been on the boards for a while and have grown to know TBF as a friends I can say shes always been dicreet with personal, private stuff thats been said in confidence and shes about as far away from the type of person to make things up as is possible.

Shesa also not the bragging sort, because shes been successful career-wise and doesn't like to talk about it much. She goes out to food pantries and shares her time and money with people who are struggling and spends a lot of time helping out with her family's kids

Maybe shes a bit opinionated at times, but everyone has their achilles heel

Yeah well I'm not what you would call "friends" with TBF and I can see as plain as day what is being said is complete bs and being said out of plain dislike and spite. I think that "don't say anything if you can't say anything nice" should be adopted in this case. ;)

Did no-one ever get taught that marriage is a thing to be celebrated? The correct thing to do is to congratulate the couple, not bitch and moan at them. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

Not to mention if TBF and Touche can get along on this thread...:laugh:

• Author
I see you just posted TBF. I'll check it out. What about the bracelet? What kind of bracelet is it? Why not put a pic up of it?

When it comes to women, nothing would surprise me. You know how they can be about petty stuff like rings and such. So silly.

I've posted the bracelet into my picture album. It's a Tiffany's diamond bangle bracelet on a hair clamp so you can see it better.

I'm only posting this pic because you asked Touche. It's disturbing to have to prove myself on LS.

Thanks again lord alfred.

Dumbledore, let's just begin anew, shall we? I think we're both big enough people to let things go.

Lord Alfred that was really nice. :love:

And yep, Dumble is one of my favorites too. You're a big man, Dumble.

CE!!:lmao: You're always good for a laugh. Very funny, very funny.

Ok, I saw the bracelet but not the pic of the ring you said you were posting TBF. The bracelet is gorgeous. You do know you can wear that even when you're wearing jeans and boots, etc. Some people only wear them when they're all dressed up. I wear mine even when I'm casual. It's really pretty. You'll wear it a lot I'm sure. I love mine.

I couldn't tell are they oval stones? My bracelet is comprised of emerald cut stones and round ones that are stacked one on top of the other vertically..so it's emerald and then the two round stones, emerald two round...like that. Its hard to explain.

Sorry I went off about mine...I love jewelry and love looking at it and talking about it. Like SG says I'm such a "girl" that way.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous bracelet. I bet it looks out of this world when paired with the ring.

• Author

Touche, the pic of the ring is my new avatar. It's an even closer look at the ring. I'm being a brat, since this is about ring envy.

Thanks. Yes, I would wear it with anything, casual or dressy.

Your bracelet sounds lovely and different than mine. All the stones are round cut, with claws on the four corners to create a square-ish look. You can find it on the Tiffany's site, although there aren't any real close up shots of it, there.

You've seen some of my other jewelry, so you know that I also love it.

When put together, it's mega-bling. A little much for me. :laugh:

Oh, ok gotcha about the ring. Yes, it is stunning. And I didn't realize the bracelet is a bangle style. Now that's different. Mine is what they call a "tennis bracelet."

No way, would it be too much together. I mean I wouldn't wear the two together all the time but for dressier occasions I would. Otherwise I'd wear the bracelet on your right hand. Truly gorgeous. The guy's got great taste!

Ok, looks like you're probably gone now. Hope the party was fun! Tell us all the details when you're back.

Hope the party went great!

So I had to post this. Last night I was telling Mr. T all about you and your engagement, etc. It led into us going down memory lane re-living our own exciting engagement time.

Anyway, so this morning he grabs me around the waist and whispers in my ear "will you marry me?" And I said, "Hmmm, can I get back to you? I'm not sure right now. You might be a little too bossy and stubborn for me. Ok, I'll tell you what, if you go get me a cup of coffee, I'll say yes." Then he said "I withdraw the question!"

:laugh: I told you he's silly.:p

So how did it go?

• Author

Hey, Mr. T. was being romantic! That's so sweet. :)

It was fun! Just the close friends v. invite the world style parties they sometimes have. He's met them a couple of times already, so beyond the hugs from the ladies and handshakes from the guys, he was very comfortable.

One cute little incident came from my fave munchkin. She's precious. So anyways, without any shyness or saying a word, she climbed onto his lap and gave him a tiny little kiss on the cheek. Then got back down and wandered off to play with the other kids. You could clearly see him melting into a snow puddle, as did I. :love:

When put together, it's mega-bling. A little much for me.

In my neighborhood, it’s called “Bait”! :D

Congrats on the engagement, TBF. So nice to read some warm and fuzzy stories for a change! :love:

Hey, Mr. T. was being romantic! That's so sweet. :)

It was fun! Just the close friends v. invite the world style parties they sometimes have. He's met them a couple of times already, so beyond the hugs from the ladies and handshakes from the guys, he was very comfortable.

I guess the ex wasn't there then, huh?;)

One cute little incident came from my fave munchkin. She's precious. So anyways, without any shyness or saying a word, she climbed onto his lap and gave him a tiny little kiss on the cheek. Then got back down and wandered off to play with the other kids. You could clearly see him melting into a snow puddle, as did I. :love:

Awww, how adorable. He must be very approachable.

(Have you told the ex by the way? )