Valentine's Day Didn't Just Bring a Bracelet

Trialbyfire

:bunny: Congradulations TBF!! :bunny:

I think its a smart move for having a long engagement because it is kinda fast. Some couples aren't even exclusively bf/gf at the 2 month mark. Also, most guys are on their best behavior early on in the relationship. And in early on, most people are blinded by the lust. So just be careful!! You seem like you have good judgement, but I still wanted to chip in my 2 cents :)

• Author

Thanks oceangrl! It never hurts to be a little cautious, even if it's for no reason at all. I honestly believe he's for real so I'm trusting my gut instinct and going for it. What's the worst case scenario? He breaks my heart. If so, I'll mend and start anew. C'est la vie! :bunny:

Holy cow... don't visit LS for a couple of days and look what happens!!! Shucks, I missed the photos. :(

So, TBF....do you love him? You've written a ton of glowing things about him...but not that.

You've got nothing to be jealous about, that's for certain! Both of you are really cute with wonderful smiles! :love:

Aww, thanks! I think I'll keep him. :love:

Sunshinegirl - great question! Me thinks I know the answer...?

• Author

Thanks nittygritty!

ssg, I believe I'm in love but it's only been a month and three weeks, which is the infatuation period. The analyst in me says, you can't be in love this soon. My heart says I am. So, I can only say that I believe this is true. It feels so right. Wish I could explain it.

It's just so easy, even though we've been grumpy with each other at different times. Our first fight lasted for about 10 minutes and ended up in a win/win situation. I don't ever have to ask him for anything. He just does things that make me happy. I asked him how he did that and he doesn't know. It's like he can read my mind and I, his. I've never met anyone like this before.

It's just so easy, even though we've been grumpy with each other at different times. Our first fight lasted for about 10 minutes and ended up in a win/win situation. I don't ever have to ask him for anything. He just does things that make me happy. I asked him how he did that and he doesn't know. It's like he can read my mind and I, his. I've never met anyone like this before.

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.

• Author

SG, sounds like the two of you are headed in the same direction as we are! :bunny:

Thanks Ariadne. :)

Thanks marlena. Yes, a longer engagement period is a must in this situation.

Aw :( I wanna see the pictures! I showed you mine.... pout pout...sulk.

Congratulations TBF! Awesome news, and I think the 1.5 yr engagement period is perfect.

Love the ring.

WOOHOO!!!! I can't remember the last time I heard good news! That's so exciting TBF! The ring is beautiful! Gee, whoda thunk that a little bit of bad luck would have turned into something so great! That has got to be fate! I'm truly happy for you both! K-

I have good news! (see separate thread)

Haha! It will be a long time before I talk about a ring! :laugh:

Sheesh. Skiman is buying a new house, and is complaining on a daily basis that 5 bedrooms is far too much space to live in alone. It's as though he's hinting. My lease isn't up until September, and I was thinking even September would be too soon to make a big step like moving in...at 10 months, not 2!!

Ahhh shaddup. :p

I saw those roses he got you for V-day. 10 months is totally fine for you to be thinking about moving in together.

What a wonderful thread.

Since reading the intitial thread in December it plays out like a movie scene...what a fantastic story for the grandkids.

Congratulations...I wish you love luck and happiness. :)

What would you have said if someone had told you you'd be engaged a couple of months ago? :)

Ha! I told her just that, albeit in a teasing way. :)

So you met two months ago when he shoveled your driveway and now you are engaged? :eek:

Wow. He moves quick. :D

I agree...FWIW...a longer engagement is best. However, the two of you are older (I did NOT say old) and you should have a better idea of what you want. BUT...there is that honeymoon period. I have heard that a couple should wait six months at least to find out who the real person is at least.

Congratulations....and may you have continued success. :bunny:

The ring is stunning TBF!!

I am happy to read that your year is off to a such wonderful start!

Happy news is always great to read here! :)

How did I miss this thread???

TBF, I'm soooo happy for you. I love good news!

I wish you much joy! :bunny::love:

On the one hand I think it's exciting and magical the way this relationship has unfolded and the romantic side of me is like "just go for it."

But when I think about it rationally, I sort of wonder if you're moving too fast. I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'm surprised that you would accept a proposal after only two months. Why not wait to get to know him a little bit better?

You yourself have said many times that you can't really know somebody in such a short amount of time. People are on their best behavior during the honeymoon period. What's the danger in waiting? You said earlier in the thread that you think you're in love with him. Given the gravity of marriage, shouldn't you love him on a deep level before you take that leap?

He very well may be perfect guy for you (sounds like he is), but wouldn't you rather accept a proposal when you're entirely sure rather than second guessing and feeling doubtful? That would make the engagement even sweeter.

If you could wave a magic wand would you make it that he had proposed six months from now instead?