Valentine's Day Didn't Just Bring a Bracelet

Trialbyfire

shadowplay, wise and cautious words.

I am sure time will tell what this romance will be. Hopefully, just because a ring is part of the picture...it does not mean that a wedding must happen.

He very well may be perfect guy for you (sounds like he is), but wouldn't you rather accept a proposal when you're entirely sure rather than second guessing and feeling doubtful? That would make the engagement even sweeter.

BTW, wasn't he a neighbor of yours? If so, how long?

SG, your pictures are beautiful, he's looks good, and my favorite part is how happy he looks with the animals :love::bunny:

:mad: Waaaa, waaa. How come I can't see them? I want to see! I want to see!

Shadowplay, for what it's worth, I wouldn't have changed a thing about our rather fast engagement.

I really think their ages and stage in life is very relevant here. They're not a couple of 20 somethings after all. They've both been married before.

(Same as Mr .T and I. I was 33 and he was 39 (almost 40) when we were engaged. Both married once before.)

melodymatters

He was the neighbor of a friend that she was bringing x-mas presents to when her car got stuck and he shoveled it out. AND, the rest as they say, is history !!

What a great happening, I am so excited for you, this is picture perfect romance PLUS all the values, families and things meshing. Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy !!

I'm sure by 2010 you'll know even more that this is the right giy for you, and in the meantime you can start planning a future together instead of being coy and playing games.

I like this guys approach : he knows what he wants and he goes for it !

Good for both of you !

• Author

Thanks Squirtal, James, Kasan, serial muse, openbook and mel!

Overall, there's nothing I can do to change what's already happened, so I'm not going to stress about it. We're engaged and have a year and a half to get to know each other better.

As previously expressed, yes, it's crazy and yet, that's part of it. Neither one of us normally allows emotions to dominate our actions. He's not the kind of man who normally makes impulsive decisions, but in this, he's so certain that I'm "the one". I'm grounding to him and myself.

• Author
I really think their ages and stage in life is very relevant here. They're not a couple of 20 somethings after all. They've both been married before.

This is key. We've been there and done that.

Btw, he's checked me out as intensely as I've checked him out! :laugh:

I'm sure by 2010 you'll know even more that this is the right giy for you, and in the meantime you can start planning a future together instead of being coy and playing games.

That's just it. The next 1.5 years will make it or break it. I trust him and he trusts me. We have mutual respect for each other. Let's see if we can make this work together.

One thing's for certain. If I don't try, I WILL regret this. If it doesn't work out, hey, I've survived broken hearts before and in each situation, it's only made me a stronger person for it. I will survive, regardless and refuse to live a life of regrets.

Such a pretty ring!

Congratulations, sweets, and enjoy your snowman! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Who knew good things could come out of getting stuck in the snow? :cool:

• Author

Thanks Candygirl.

Thanks norajane. I used to think that snow was bad, when it lands in the city. For some reason, my attitude has changed:

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" :laugh:

Thanks norajane. I used to think that snow was bad, when it lands in the city. For some reason, my attitude has changed:

"Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" :laugh:

And ice...pretty, sparkly bits of ice! ;)

SG, your pictures are beautiful, he's looks good, and my favorite part is how happy he looks with the animals :love::bunny:

Aww, thanks Allina! :love: Not to T/J, but Touche, I added you to my contacts (temporarily! :p) so you can peek at him.

One thing's for certain. If I don't try, I WILL regret this. If it doesn't work out, hey, I've survived broken hearts before and in each situation, it's only made me a stronger person for it. I will survive, regardless and refuse to live a life of regrets.

I think the above is key. If you don't try, you'll live a life full of regret. If you try and fail, at least you'll know you gave it your all AND you will survive. :)

I have another question: Have you TOLD each other you love each other? Or is it this whole, "I just know I want to spend my life with you?"

Really just curious. Feel free to ignore me if necessary. :)

I have another question: Have you TOLD each other you love each other? Or is it this whole, "I just know I want to spend my life with you?"

Oh! I was going to ask about this too! :laugh::p

• Author
I think the above is key. If you don't try, you'll live a life full of regret. If you try and fail, at least you'll know you gave it your all AND you will survive. :)
Yes. Am I a coward to hide from life? If he wasn't all out there thus didn't feel right, I wouldn't have accepted. I've turned down proposals before.

Yes, we've TOLD each other.

Why would I ignore you? You're not being malicious or rude. I don't mind answering questions when there's two-fold intent, one to watch my back, the other I'm guessing, are questions you're asking or will be asking yourself, in some ways.

Yes. Am I a coward to hide from life? If he wasn't all out there thus didn't feel right, I wouldn't have accepted. I've turned down proposals before.

That's another question... Did you jump out of your seat and say, "YES!!!" or were you like, "[pause...pause...pause]Yeah, let's do it!" or something else?

My questions are really just dire curiosity. I love the details of proposals and declarations of lurv. It's the romantic in me coming out. :)

Why would I ignore you? You're not being malicious or rude. I don't mind answering questions when there's two-fold intent, one to watch my back, the other I'm guessing, are questions you're asking or will be asking yourself, in some ways.

I didn't mean ignore me because I'm being rude... but ignoring me in the sense that you might not want every little detail (ha, all the details I want!) exposed. :o And yes, I do have double intent. You know I've got your back, but I've also got questions that apply to not only your situation, but my own as well. :)

I'm loving watching this all play out!

Like seriously... I want to know:

What were you wearing? What was he wearing?

How far into dinner was the proposal?

Did anyone (waiter?) come running over with champagne?

Did you get applauded?

Did you instantly start wedding planning (date, etc.)?

Ha! I'm such a girl!!! :love:

Thanks Squirtal, James, Kasan, serial muse, openbook and mel!

Overall, there's nothing I can do to change what's already happened, so I'm not going to stress about it. We're engaged and have a year and a half to get to know each other better.

As previously expressed, yes, it's crazy and yet, that's part of it. Neither one of us normally allows emotions to dominate our actions. He's not the kind of man who normally makes impulsive decisions, but in this, he's so certain that I'm "the one". I'm grounding to him and myself.

I hope you don't see my comments as malicious. I am genuinely happy for you, but the skeptic in me was also kicking in when I remembered how long you had been dating. To me 1.5 months is still the getting to know you period, but I guess it's different with older couples who already know what they're looking for.

I like the ring too btw. I don't think it's over the top. Large, but tasteful.

Good luck!

• Author

I just got back from a business call. Hang on and I'll catch up with the posts!

Did you jump out of your seat and say, "YES!!!" or were you like, "[pause...pause...pause]Yeah, let's do it!" or something else?

Nothing spectacular. I was shocked. I just said "yes, I will".

What were you wearing? What was he wearing?

Me: Black dress with a sweetheart collar and long sleeves, figure hugging and about 4" above the knee. Black hose with a line down the back with black patten 4" stiletto pumps. Hair up in a chignon with loose curls. Diamond studs and pendant.

Him: Fitted black shirt with flat fronted dress pants, neither baggy or tight. Cole Haan loafers. He looked good enough to eat. :laugh::love:

How far into dinner was the proposal?

He proposed after dinner was over.

Did anyone (waiter?) come running over with champagne?
He ordered champagne right afterwards and our waiter came over with complimentary desserts for both of us. It was sweet because they put both desserts on one plate for us to share.

Did you get applauded?
No applause but a number of couples came over to congratulate us, so I guess we were noticed. I wasn't paying too much attention to my surroundings.

Did you instantly start wedding planning (date, etc.)?

No, no wedding planning, just discussing silly things which I won't get into. :p

• Author
Forgive me if you already posted about this, but have you guys talked about kids? Do you want 'em? Does he?

This is all just SOOOO awesome!!! :D

Yes, we've talked about kids and both want them. We're big on family in general.

Thanks again. :)

I hope you don't see my comments as malicious. I am genuinely happy for you, but the skeptic in me was also kicking in when I remembered how long you had been dating. To me 1.5 months is still the getting to know you period, but I guess it's different with older couples who already know what they're looking for.

I like the ring too btw. I don't think it's over the top. Large, but tasteful.

Good luck!

Oh no, shadow. I did respond to you but didn't put your name in front of it. I do understand where people are coming from. I've gone through the same analytics if not a billion times worse...over and over again.

Thanks. It's a bit much for me. My preference is for a reasonably-sized solitaire without diamonds on the band, in platinum. He kind of exceeded that by quite a bit but then, it's not the ring that counts but the sentiment behind it. I'm not complaining at all. Just stating my taste.

• Author
Well, hell! What guy WOULDN'T propose!!! :laugh:
:p;) The dress wasn't skin tight, just figure-hugging.

Snow angels!! :lmao:

Awww...snow angels. That's adorable! :love:

But don't be wishing me a family so soon. We want to settle in and spend some time enjoying each other.

It's so weird because we've both been previously married so neither one of us was in any hurry to do this. And yet, it's turned out like this. Crazy.

Marriage was the furthest thing from my mind at the time. I mean I was still legally married at the time he proposed!:eek: How crazy is THAT? But what can I say, sometimes you just know in your gut when something is right and meant to be.

Loved your pics, SG. Thanks!:) Skiman looks handsome and that's the best pic of you I've seen. I have a feeling you're next!

Wish I could see Snowman. I missed them last night.:mad: