Valentine's Day Didn't Just Bring a Bracelet

Trialbyfire

Yes, if you look at my snowman thread, you can see how much I already knew about him within a few days. In two weeks, a lot more. Now, much, much more and not just from him or one source.

Past experience always helps to reinforce the need to do the research. LS just reinforces it.

I believe that about the car v. the fiancé/fiancée.

Yes, in that we're similar.

Yep. Perception is reality...as long as your perception is based on reality...and not in denial....;)

Well, first off, congrats on the engagement! :)

Secondly, (you did know this was coming, especially asked by me) have you two had sex yet??? :laugh:

Or are you one those who's gonna wait till your wedding night. :p;)

• Author
Yep. Perception is reality...as long as your perception is based on reality...and not in denial....;)

No, not in denial...at all! :laugh:

Well, first off, congrats on the engagement! :)

Secondly, (you did know this was coming, especially asked by me) have you two had sex yet??? :laugh:

Or are you one those who's gonna wait till your wedding night. :p;)

Thanks wwiu! Wedding night? You've got to be kidding. I'd never marry anyone I haven't slept with. How would I know if he's compatible for something this important? For that matter, how could I resist? He's hawt, hawt, hawt! :p:D

Thanks wwiu! Wedding night? You've got to be kidding. I'd never marry anyone I haven't slept with. How would I know if he's compatible for something this important? For that matter, how could I resist? He's hawt, hawt, hawt! :p:D

That was a joke. OFCOURSE I know you're not going to wait till your wedding night. That's too long a way's..

Make a rule - NEVER go to bed angry with eachother.

• Author
That was a joke. OFCOURSE I know you're not going to wait till your wedding night. That's too long a way's..

Make a rule - NEVER go to bed angry with eachother.

Yes, this is a very important rule. If you can't talk and resolve an issue before you go to bed, how can you have makeup sex?

Congratulations!!! :bunny::bunny::love:

And you're welcome for the encouragement back when he was just the tall, handsome stranger with a shovel :p:laugh:

Thanks Touche and yes, we've had our first fight. He's good at de-escalation and negotiation. Seems to understand that an olive branch isn't a throat-hold.

Yes, it's the ring. Totally his choice. It's not what I would have picked out since it's a bit much but I love it because of what it represents. :love:

Edit - yes, summer 2010.

VERY pretty ring!

He sounds quite desperate. Still, it's understandable. He probably expected to have his own children by now.

Anyway, this is great news. Hopefully happy families will be right around the corner. :love:

I have a question.

Other than what he's told you, how do you know who he really is at his core?

In other words, having not personally observed him through good times AND bad, how do you really know him? You're really relying on hearsay, don't you think?

And how does he really know you?

I guess I'm just asking this based on what I've learned about you. The speed of this whole thing just seems so against your character and temperament.

• Author
I have a question.

Other than what he's told you, how do you know who he really is at his core?

In other words, having not personally observed him through good times AND bad, how do you really know him? You're really relying on hearsay, don't you think?

I'm relying on hearsay from a number of trusted sources, personal observation and what's he's told me. I haven't seen any discrepancies. This doesn't guarantee anything but the next year and a half will help to alleviate any of those concerns. That's why it's a mini-leap of faith, the engagement period v. if I just dove into an immediate marriage.

And how does he really know you?
He doesn't, although I've been straight up with him, since he's straight up with me. I've instinctually trusted him because he's so solid. I've never had a sense of double-vision with him, like I've had in the past.

I guess I'm just asking this based on what I've learned about you. The speed of this whole thing just seems so against your character and temperament.
You're friggen' telling me... :laugh:

I've been thinking hard these past five days, wondering if this was a good move. That's why the 1.5 year engagement period is helpful.

• Author
He sounds quite desperate. Still, it's understandable. He probably expected to have his own children by now.

Anyway, this is great news. Hopefully happy families will be right around the corner. :love:

I've uploaded some pics and are going to allow a select member to view it. Stargazer, would you mind telling Dumbledore if you think this man looks like the desperate type. :lmao:

He does cook but it's very simple and healthy fare. Quite a bit of grilling, you know, guys and their love of flame and propane!

Haha...proposal details...okay.

We had dinner at my fave seafood restaurant, tucked away by the window, with candlelight. I gave him his present and he gave me mine, which was the gorgeous bracelet. I was floored by it, sitting stunned and now I'm wondering if my mouth was open. Attractive picture, right? :laugh:

So, he told me to put the bracelet on so he could see how it looked. Then he told me to give him my hand, so he could get a closer look at it, so I shifted over a bit and did so. He slid off his seat still holding my hand, got down on one knee and asked if I would spend my life with him. The look in his eyes brought tears to my eyes. I said yes and he slipped the ring onto my finger and was a perfect fit.

He doesn't miss a detail, getting my ring size from my Mom. Even the bracelet was from a store I like, which he noticed from previous jewelry I wore.

How can I not be amazed by someone like this? :love:

My goodness, a really beautiful scene :love:

Congradulations !!!

Okay. I saw the Snowman. He's ... ridiculously hawt. I'm officially sightly jealous.

And the ring (or really, the ROCK) looks a LOT bigger in the other pictures.

So yeah... I'm jealous.

But then, I've got it good too. :)

• Author
Guess my smilie turned upside down worked...Sucka!! :p

Definately a very good looking man.

You have good taste.

Thanks! :)

My goodness, a really beautiful scene :love:

Congradulations !!!

Thanks Lovelybird!

Okay. I saw the Snowman. He's ... ridiculously hawt. I'm officially sightly jealous.

And the ring (or really, the ROCK) looks a LOT bigger in the other pictures.

So yeah... I'm jealous.

But then, I've got it good too. :)

Haha...you have nothing to be jealous about. September... :love:

Yes, a pic or two will tell us all about him. After all, perception is reality. :lmao:

I wonder how many people just clicked on TBF's profile to see if they could see the picture. :laugh:

All I saw was a cat sitting on cottage cheese

I can't see the snowman..oh well. I tried.

All I saw was the cat too!