Women who don't cook deal breaker?

Uhm, clv you're preaching to the choir. Obviously you don't get me or where I was coming from.

I was talking about an ATTITUDE here.

Why fight it so hard? Housewife is a critical and honorable job in my book. Run with it.

Who is fighting what? I totally agree with this. Run with it? I have, honey. There's nothing I'd rather be doing in my life. Being a housewife and mother and working along side my H to help run his practice are the most fulfilling things I've ever done.

I do think you missed the point.

CommitmentPhobe
IF you like seafood or wild game, we're on! How about some caribou medallions done with a cognac reduction? I promise to add some real truffles! ;)

That sounds awesome :lmao::lmao:

Citizen Erased
So basically I am an idiot for not knowing how to cook. Lovely

You are not. :mad: You're wonderful just how you are. And THAT should be how the perfect guy for you thinks. ;)

Oh stop it. Of course not. But it wouldn't hurt to learn some basics you know? I can't believe you're in your 20's and have never cooked meat? Was it you who said that? That kind of shocking to me.

I mean I remember being way younger than you and cooking for my dates. I only knew how to cook a few things back then but I'd always impress my dates with a nicely cooked salmon or a simple roasted rock cornish hen. I'd usually make some simple steamed asparagus and some wild rice and they thought I was a gourmet cook!:laugh: Little did they know that was about the extend of my repertoire at the time!

Just learn how to cook a couple of things really well at first.

No, but you might have self esteem issues. A person would be an idiot if they couldn't be taught to cook. Don't be down on yourself, I'm not talented in the kitchen and *I* can cook well enough, and that's after working 60+ hours a week in a pretty demanding profession.

If someone told you he would love you to spend the rest of your life taking care of domestic issues in the house you were going to raise kids together in and never have to work a paying job again, would you think it was abusive or selfish? Would you be able to find time to learn a few domestic skills?

Because that's the situation I'm talking about.

It's just a little bit more alluring when the required skillset is already there.

Ok, Candy Girl. I'm shocked and I don't quite know what to make of this or how to take it but I asked my H the cooking/head question. Yikes! Guess which one he picked?

He picked cooking! He said because he wouldn't necessarily want head every single day but he would want the cooking. This was after I told him he had to pick one or the other for all time. If he picked one, he'd be giving up the other.

GRRRr...now I don't know whether to be flattered that he thinks I'm a great cook or insulted that my "mad oral skillz" aren't what they should be.:confused:

Not even close and don't let anyone make you believe otherwise. You just haven't tried to do it much, if at all. It's easy. It won't take much time to get up to reasonable pace. Not every guy wants a gourmet meal. A lot of men are just happy that someone else cares enough to want to do something for them. :)

I'm sure he appreciates both immensely.

:laugh: Thanks, clv. I know he does. I just thought it was funny. I was kind of surprised he picked the cooking.

But you know how we women are. Had he picked the other, I would have been on here appalled that he picked oral over my cooking!;)

I honestly would love to know. I am all for making my SO happy. I would be glad to do that for him every night and swallow no big deal.

Which would guys prefer?

OK, I can cook for myself but am not flexible enough to fellate myself. :D

Seriously, a woman who pursues what she does with gusto and enthusiasm, in this case whether it be cooking or fellatio, does it for me. It's so important to have that enthusiasm. I sense it (or the lack). :)

But you know how we women are. Had he picked the other, I would have been on here appalled that he picked oral over my cooking!;)

You know how men are; maybe he just figured cooking was the safe choice on that trick question.

Seriously, a woman who pursues what she does with gusto and enthusiasm, in this case whether it be cooking or fellatio, does it for me. It's so important to have that enthusiasm. I sense it (or the lack). :)

My H can cook for himself too but not as well as I can. But you're right...he can't fellate himself at ALL!

Why did he pick cooking?:mad: Hmmmm...

You know how men are; maybe he just figured cooking was the safe choice on that trick question.

No. He couldn't have won with either answer. See my response above. It's one of those questions you just should never ask.

Thanks a lot Candy!:laugh:

By the way, just for your own knowledge...flexibility has nothing to do with it.;) I was thinking about this. I have to amend what I said earlier because if my H wanted to fellate himself he technically could. And he's as flexible as a wooden board...if you catch my drift here.;);)

So now, I'm REALLY confused!

"mad oral skillz"

omg cracked me up, mine would pick mad oral skillz, cause he can cook for himself, he cant do that for himself

And hes more keen on giving sexual pleasure, then getting it!!!

I swear girls, I am not lieing one bit here

omg cracked me up, mine would pick mad oral skillz, cause he can cook for himself, he cant do that for himself

And hes more keen on giving sexual pleasure, then getting it!!!

I swear girls, I am not lieing one bit here

Like I said mine can cook too but not as well as I can.

Ok, mine is more into giving than getting I think too but maybe that's why he picked the cooking. Why would yours pick oral instead of cooking if he's more into giving? Makes no sense.

Maybe my guy is putting his money where his mouth is...so to speak.

Lets flip the coin here, Is it a deal breaker if your man cant fix a flat tire?

nope, gonna call the tire store

Is it a deal breaker if your man cant do a load of laundry?

Is it a deal breaker if your man cant mow the lawn?

Is it a deal breaker if your man cant load the dishwasher?

yep,

these were deal breakers in my 25 year marriage, I worked 40 plus hours a week, while he worked less than 20 hours a week, self employed yep he still made great money, and thought that was his only job, quote " i make more money, why should I have to do anything" "If you dont do it, I can just hire someone" Thats what hes doing now, paying a maid, accountant, and lawn care!!

Yipeee im outta that loop!

Like I said mine can cook too but not as well as I can.

Ok, mine is more into giving than getting I think too but maybe that's why he picked the cooking. Why would yours pick oral instead of cooking if he's more into giving? Makes no sense.

Maybe my guy is putting his money where his mouth is...so to speak.

I adore giving the oral, but he'd rather give me 4 trips to the orgasm door than get one for himself

Lets flip the coin here, Is it a deal breaker if your man cant fix a flat tire?

nope, gonna call the tire store

Is it a deal breaker if your man cant do a load of laundry?

Is it a deal breaker if your man cant mow the lawn?

Is it a deal breaker if your man cant load the dishwasher?

yep,

these were deal breakers in my 25 year marriage, I worked 40 plus hours a week, while he worked less than 20 hours a week, self employed yep he still made great money, and thought that was his only job, quote " i make more money, why should I have to do anything" "If you dont do it, I can just hire someone" Thats what hes doing now, paying a maid, accountant, and lawn care!!

Yipeee im outta that loop!

I don't quite understand your point. All the things you mentioned would actually be deal-breakers for me. I hate helpless men.

I adore giving the oral, but he'd rather give me 4 trips to the orgasm door than get one for himself

uhm, yeah. I get that Ice. What I'm saying is that if that were true, and I'm not doubting you, but if that were true then why would he pick YOU giving him oral over the cooking thing? See what I'm saying?

I was saying that my guy is the same way but maybe he's really backing that up by picking the cooking.

Car funny you mention that, read once, the best trait for giving oral, is enthusiam

uhm, yeah. I get that Ice. What I'm saying is that if that were true, and I'm not doubting you, but if that were true then why would he pick YOU giving him oral over the cooking thing? See what I'm saying?

I was saying that my guy is the same way but maybe he's really backing that up by picking the cooking.

I never saw the actual question, I assumed it was would your guy want oral or cooking if he had to pick one, he would take the getting oral, because he knows his turn is gonna be taken to give

I don't quite understand your point. All the things you mentioned would actually be deal-breakers for me. I hate helpless men.

But to me having a man have to fix a tire or dealbreaker is as about redundunt as a woman not cooking is a deal breaker, if its something you can accomplish by yourself why would it be a dealbreaker

My husband was not contributing his equal share, which ever way you cut it. With every bag of trash I took out, with every dirty house I came home to just added a brick to the road of divorce, If he was working 40 hours a week, it wouldnt of been so bad,

I can be happy alone, rather than misrable with someone, this has been the happiest year I have had in a long time, I take out the trash and as I say "I aint mad about it"