Women who don't cook deal breaker?

So you don't feel the need to want to cook him a nice meal on occasion?

Can I ask? What do you two do when it comes to meals? He makes his own dinner and you make your own? Or do you take turns? What about laundry, do you each do your own or take turns, same goes with the house cleaning and yard work?

I don't think I have seen either of us cook since we have been together. We usually will either go grab take out or make a sandwich whenever we are hungry.

With laundry I usually do my own and he will do his own. If I need something clean and don't want to wash just one thing I might see if he has some dirty laundry to throw in. Yard work thankfully is not my concern since we live in an apartment.

It isn't my JOB to make supper for my husband - I LIKE to do it because it's just nice to come home from work and have a good cooked meal on the table. He does the same for me.

Rainfall, what are your thoughts on this? If one person works and the other doesn't, who makes dinner? Let's say if you were home and he was working, wouldn't you think it would fair for you to be the one making dinner? Or if he was the one at home and you were out working, then he should be the one making dinner..Just curious on your thoughts.. This isn't a sexist question, btw..

I actually think that if one person doesn't work then they should do more of the housework and cooking. I just don't ever plan on staying home and not having a job so I don't really care to cook.

I actually think that if one person doesn't work then they should do more of the housework and cooking. I just don't ever plan on staying home and not having a job so I don't really care to cook.

That seems like a completely fair view in my opinion. I know that one person not working is hard for a lot of people due to a combination of low marketing resistance and/or low earning ability but just because something is common doesn't make it desirable or ideal.

mental_traveller

I prefer women who can't or won't cook. The reason is that if she cooks, and likes doing so, then eventually you WILL get fat.

• Author
I don't think I have seen either of us cook since we have been together. We usually will either go grab take out or make a sandwich whenever we are hungry.

Sounds just like me :)

• Author
I prefer women who can't or won't cook. The reason is that if she cooks, and likes doing so, then eventually you WILL get fat.

I agree here, I was just about to say that MOST people that I know that LOVE to cook, are all fat. I would assume that MOST men would prefer their GF's/Wife to be in shape versus can cook but be fat.

I agree here, I was just about to say that MOST people that I know that LOVE to cook, are all fat. I would assume that MOST men would prefer their GF's/Wife to be in shape versus can cook but be fat.

Yea, there aren't many healthy cooks around. It's a bit more challenging to make a variety of healthy meals that taste good as well.

IMO looking good is more important than being able to cook (at least to me), so if I had to pick I'd favor looks over cooking ability. But I can always dream about a woman that is fit and cooks a variety of healthy meals. :laugh:

Well I'm currently dating 3 girls who seem to be pretty good candidates so I'm not holding my breath waiting for anyone else to walk in.

So what would push one of the 3 into the winning spot? Or whats holding you back from one of the three

• Author
So what would push one of the 3 into the winning spot? Or whats holding you back from one of the three

LOL great question! :laugh:

I agree here, I was just about to say that MOST people that I know that LOVE to cook, are all fat.

Most fat people I know don't cook at all.

I'm just going slow and being careful. The oldest one is really sweet, kind and drop dead gorgeous but I'm a little concerned about her age. I'm considering going exclusive with her sometime this year. We will see.

The youngest is prettier but I just met her a few months ago and she's pretty wild. Maybe a little too much of the crazy in her.

The middle one I've known the longest and I really like her.

I'm just going slow and being careful. The oldest one is really sweet, kind and drop dead gorgeous but I'm a little concerned about her age. I'm considering going exclusive with her sometime this year. We will see.

The youngest is prettier but I just met her a few months ago and she's pretty wild. Maybe a little too much of the crazy in her.

The middle one I've known the longest and I really like her.

At this time, which one do you most consider your friend,

At this time, which one do you most consider your friend,

They are all my friends. In fact I believe every woman I've ever dated is still a friend as are most men I've become acquainted with. The 23 year old is probably the most responsible simply because she's had a lot of things to deal with over the last 3 years since her father died. I respect her tremendously for the way she has borne up under this load. While those personality traits are great to have I'm not sure I can pin a relationship on that.

They are all my friends. In fact I believe every woman I've ever dated is still a friend as are most men I've become acquainted with. The 23 year old is probably the most responsible simply because she's had a lot of things to deal with over the last 3 years since her father died. I respect her tremendously for the way she has borne up under this load. While those personality traits are great to have I'm not sure I can pin a relationship on that.

I'm asking for your opinion, and my age seems irrelevant to that but I'm in my early 40s with a great career. Ready to settle down in other words.

She is 23 and you are in your 40"s hmmm, bad call there darlin, every mans fantasy, soon to become your nightmare

Omg. If a man is his early 40's was dating my daughter, I would be so far up her as, she would be spitting out my dental work.

• Author
She is 23 and you are in your 40"s hmmm, bad call there darlin, every mans fantasy, soon to become your nightmare

Omg. If a man is his early 40's was dating my daughter, I would be so far up her as, she would be spitting out my dental work.

Yeah I think that is weird, and she is probably with him for all of the wrong reasons. But the question is does he even care?!?!

This friend of mine is 24 and her fiance is older then her parents, in his late 40's early 50's. He has money, and I do not think she is in love with him, but he is in love with her. It is quite sad how she uses him.

I am 26 and would never date anyone older then around 32. Thats just me.

haha, true to some degree. I like sharing cooking duties with my man and it has never been an issue in my relationships. we either divided the chores or - in a better financial position - went out so much that cooking was only required 2-3 times a week.

as for anything else: if you are both earning it doesn't take much cash to pay someone to free your life from cleaning and other domestic non-sense. I'm happy to fill the dishwasher and do the laundry but that's about it. well, actually looking after the garden and things like that is fine by me too since I enjoy physical work.

I really don't see why this female-male divide is necessary

She is 23 and you are in your 40"s hmmm, bad call there darlin, every mans fantasy, soon to become your nightmare ....

Well it seems to be working OK so far. The youngest one I'm dating is 19, then 23, then 26. I don't see a problem with it but then when I was their age I sometimes dated women in their 30s and 40s too.

Why would I date someone in her 40s now? Pointless.

Most families I know where the wife cooks real food are markedly healthier that ones where someone warms something up or brings home takeout.

Well it seems to be working OK so far. The youngest one I'm dating is 19, then 23, then 26. I don't see a problem with it but then when I was their age I sometimes dated women in their 30s and 40s too.

Why would I date someone in her 40s now? Pointless.

Wait, the oldest woman you're dating is 26 and you said you're concerned about her age?? :confused:

Wait, the oldest woman you're dating is 26 and you said you're concerned about her age?? :confused:

Yes. The way I see it we want a few years of enjoying life as a couple before starting a family, and we're not even MARRIED yet. So she'll be pushing 30 at least by the time we want to start trying for kids. Not good.

Yes. The way I see it we want a few years of enjoying life as a couple before starting a family, and we're not even MARRIED yet. So she'll be pushing 30 at least by the time we want to start trying for kids. Not good.

I think I read somewhere that you are in your 40s. don't you think you should worry more about your swimmers than your partner's eggs?

I think I read somewhere that you are in your 40s. don't you think you should worry more about your swimmers than your partner's eggs?

That doesn't make any sense. Do you think before you write?

Well that's two morons. I can increase my odds of success by selecting a younger mate, what do you suggest I do about my age? Invent a time machine?

I was merely providing reasoning behind her statement and made no declaration of opinion, but thanks for allowing me to recognize your true colors.