Women who don't cook deal breaker?

• Author
Is that a trick question? ;)

I honestly would love to know. I am all for making my SO happy. I would be glad to do that for him every night and swallow no big deal.

Which would guys prefer?

Truth be told Touche, I wouldn't bear lifelong resentment to anyone, for rejecting me for any reason. As long as they have the maturity to state their reasons, I'll get over it and move on! :laugh:

I won't disagree that "a requirement for cooking" doesn't necessarily constitute a "surrogate mommy" requirement. It's the entire, "do the domestics for my personal comfort and bear my children, to make me happy", that disgusts me. That's no partner. That's a user.

Agree 100%. That kind of mentality is absolutely a turn-off. It spills over into SO many other areas too.

Candy, my H's mom cooked for him and his sisters but it's just not something he ever expected from a wife. He can cook (not like me of course!:p). He was a bachelor until he was 30 and took care of himself.

As to the cooking and head question...hmmm..I should ask him! I'm not sure what he'd say to that. He'd probably say he wants both.

It's the entire, "do the domestics for my personal comfort and bear my children, to make me happy", that disgusts me. That's no partner. That's a user.

Sounds like you hate being a woman, and you hate to see happy men. I mean, do you want your future husband to carry the child and breast feed the child? What's wrong with wanting to come home to a meal and a clean house? How is that disgusting? What's disgusting is selfishness and laziness. Or keeping tabs on exactly what you did for someone.

Why else would you do the domestics? Yes, it would be to make your husbands life better, and keep him happy and comfortable. So?

• Author
He was a bachelor until he was 30 and took care of himself.

As to the cooking and head question...hmmm..I should ask him! I'm not sure what he'd say to that. He'd probably say he wants both.

LOL yeah, my BF is 30, so I am pretty sure he can cook.

They would probably all say both, but it just got me thinking because so many men complain that once they get married the sex and especially oral does not happen anymore. So I figured I would just ask the men which they really prefer.

• Author
no, cooking doesn't even figure on my list.

Awesome! Now let me ask you did your mom cook for you?

Also do you think that the only reason to get married is to have children?

Citizen Erased
LOL

Have women become this lazy? Ladies, what do you prefer, the man to work, or have sex with you? You must pick.

Neither. He sounds like a moron. :laugh:

• Author
LOL

Have women become this lazy? Ladies, what do you prefer, the man to work, or have sex with you? You must pick.

I don't think I am lazy. I am educated, worked full-time to put myself through college. I have a BS, I go to the gym, do laundry, clean, etc...

Men are the ones that complain about sex most of the time after they get married. So I was just curious. Thats all.

CommitmentPhobe
Awesome! Now let me ask you did your mom cook for you?

Yes.

Also do you think that the only reason to get married is to have children?

No.

I will never be a chef and thats fine with me, but I do want to learn the basics.

Thanks for everyones replies.

Well ironically enough I could overlook the cooking thing, as I said it's more about lifestyle and attitude than anything.

• Author
Well ironically enough I could overlook the cooking thing, as I said it's more about lifestyle and attitude than anything.

This whole time you have said that this would be a deal breaker, now you are saying that you could overlook the cooking thing?

Men are the ones that complain about sex most of the time after they get married. So I was just curious. Thats all.

I have views on that one as well, but maybe another thread would be better. I think it's not really about the sex at it's core though, let's just leave it at that.

This whole time you have said that this would be a deal breaker, now you are saying that you could overlook the cooking thing?

Not knowing how to cook? I'm not a picky eater and I don't date idiots. Any capable person can learn to cook well enough for me. The original comment you picked up on had more to do with attitude and roles in a relationship.

But yes honestly there is something magically alluring about a delicious home cooked meal, so if your competition has that in her bag of tricks you might want to learn.

Having the attitude that "It's not my job" is the deal breaker.

I can fix a toilet and a sink and I'm always learning ....

;)

CommitmentPhobe
But yes honestly there is something magically alluring about a delicious home cooked meal,

So I guess you've learned how to make one?

I don't think I am lazy. I am educated, worked full-time to put myself through college. I have a BS, I go to the gym, do laundry, clean, etc...

Well that's great. Why does that make you marriage material, especially considering you do not want children? What sets you apart from other women?

It is easy for men to have lots of random sex with "career" women. It is much harder to find a woman to marry.

CommitmentPhobe
Well that's great. Why does that make you marriage material, especially considering you do not want children? What sets you apart from other women?

It is easy for men to have lots of random sex with "career" women. It is much harder to find a woman to marry.

Just import one, I'm sure she'd suit you.

Not knowing how to cook? I'm not a picky eater and I don't date idiots. Any capable person can learn to cook well enough for me. The original comment you picked up on had more to do with attitude and roles in a relationship.

But yes honestly there is something magically alluring about a delicious home cooked meal, so if your competition has that in her bag of tricks you might want to learn.

Having the attitude that "It's not my job" is the deal breaker.

I can fix a toilet and a sink and I'm always learning ....

;)

Funny, you're the other side of the coin here. It's the same as the women not liking the fact that some men think "It IS your job to cook."

See the point now?

No one, not women and not men, likes a "what can you do for me?" mentality.

What are you talking about? My ex wanted marriage and no kids (as it turned out.) Not all men want kids you know?

While CommitmentPhobe and I don't always agree on everything, I think I'm starting to fall in love with him in this thread! :love::laugh:

CommitmentPhobe
While CommitmentPhobe and I don't always agree on everything, I think I'm starting to fall in love with him in this thread! :love::laugh:

Fantastic, are you going to invite me over for a meal? :p

Fantastic, are you going to invite me over for a meal? :p

IF you like seafood or wild game, we're on! How about some caribou medallions done with a cognac reduction? I promise to add some real truffles! ;)

See the point now?

Nope. If I could expect to marry someone and they would care for everything and let me be a house husband I'd go for it, but it will never happen. A marriage is a partnership but not everyone can be the running back or it's a really crappy team if you get my meaning. We all have roles to perform and it just so happens women are still the ones bearing children.

Staying home and caring for those you love more than any others doesn't seem like it should be such an onerous chore to me. Furthermore, it worked for most of human history and it is a good fit to our respective physical and emotional makeups.

Why fight it so hard? Housewife is a critical and honorable job in my book. Run with it.