What I think about hitting children.

Geishawhelk

One more concept about toddlers:

When a baby grows into a toddler, their thoughts change from primary concepts of eat, sleep, play, etc. to more complex patterns of thought, wants and needs. Imagine the frustration with being unable to make those thoughts, wants and needs known to your parents and people around you, due to your lack of communication abilities. Also, they learn the power of speech, since they dabble in it but not to the extent that their vocab or abilities, can encompass beyond the power of the word "No".

I'm guessing this has much to do with why toddlers go through the conceptual terrible twos. The more empathetic the parent, whereby also the more positive environment, less "NO"s from the parent for ease, the more self-control but reasonable and consistent boundaries the parent displays, the less likely the child will go through a traumatic terrible two's phase.

If a parent consistently looses self-control and escalates each and every issue, particularly to physical violence, the more negative behavioural patterns the parent inflicts on the child.

1. It's not shameful to have DFS come out and check on the conditions in which children live. In our case though, they've always left with POSITIVE remarks, and I've always gotten straight A's across the board.

2. Where in the world did you get the idea I'm not in favor of raising the minimum wage??!!

3. "You" say she's learned her lesson. Only "she" knows what's she's learned.

I thought you were one of the ones arguing against Obama's plan to raise min rage. but maybe it was his tax plan so I am sorry.

on the spanking we'll have to agree to disagree.

When a baby grows into a toddler, their thoughts change from primary concepts of eat, sleep, play, etc. to more complex patterns of thought, wants and needs. Imagine the frustration with being unable to make those thoughts, wants and needs known to your parents and people around you, due to your lack of communication abilities. Also, they learn the power of speech, since they dabble in it but not to the extent that their vocab or abilities, can encompass beyond the power of the word "No".

I'm guessing this has much to do with why toddlers go through the conceptual terrible twos. The more empathetic the parent, whereby also the more positive environment, less "NO"s from the parent for ease, the more self-control but reasonable and consistent boundaries the parent displays, the less likely the child will go through a traumatic terrible two's phase.

If a parent consistently looses self-control and escalates each and every issue, particularly to physical violence, the more negative behavioural patterns the parent inflicts on the child.

clicker training for kids! :lmao: what kind of biscuit do you give them?

Cripes - Am I defending Moose? Capt Ahab of the old days?
:o:love:
on the spanking we'll have to agree to disagree.
I can do that.....thanks!
clicker training for kids! :lmao: what kind of biscuit do you give them?

Haha...no mechanical devices for kids but in some ways, yes! :laugh:

With the little ones I've babysat, they've been rewarded for good behaviour with praise and ignored or disciplined with negative behaviours. I'm a bit of a health nut when it comes to junk food so I don't reward with food. ;)

Haha...no mechanical devices for kids but in some ways, yes! :laugh:

With the little ones I've babysat, they've been rewarded for good behaviour with praise and ignored or disciplined with negative behaviours. I'm a bit of a health nut when it comes to junk food so I don't reward with food. ;)

Well after working for 6 summers with DJJ kids I can tell you clicker training will not work on every kid.

Fear motivates some. Clickers and biscuits some..... but they are as individual and motivated individually just like we are.

I truly believe the school spankings worked simply because of the humiliation factor. I never got spanked because I didn't want to have to face other classmates post spanking. So I towed the line.. I walked the line really.

If I got offered a extra gold star for being good.... that wouldn't have meant jack to me. It's a stupid gold star ..... who cares. :lmao:

I truly believe the school spankings worked simply because of the humiliation factor.
Corporal punishment still exists in my kids school. That's precisely why we live in that area.

I like shock collars.....if you turn them up high enough, they'll literally do flips.....talk about ENTERTAINMENT! :lmao:

• Author

Moose, you're dreadful!

Shock collars should never be used on children, of any age!

Try a cattle prod.....!:p

Moose, you're dreadful!

Shock collars should never be used on children, of any age! I agree.....wait until they're at least 3 right???Try a cattle prod.....!:p

Do they make those with remote control? If not.....I'll have to stick to the collars...

Sorry, but seriously......there isn't anything wrong with spanking your children....IMO...

Do they make those with remote control? If not.....I'll have to stick to the collars...

Sorry, but seriously......there isn't anything wrong with spanking your children....IMO...

Seriously.. It's a good thing you've posted this only as your opinion.....;)

Corporal punishment still exists in my kids school. That's precisely why we live in that area.

I like shock collars.....if you turn them up high enough, they'll literally do flips.....talk about ENTERTAINMENT! :lmao:

You know you can buy multiple collars now with one single remote... pocket size!! :D

Of course if you are too cheap or granola like duct tape will keep them out of trouble too!

Cattle prods do have the extra reach that is sometimes useful.....

easier and more effective than a plastic spoon!

If I got offered a extra gold star for being good.... that wouldn't have meant jack to me. It's a stupid gold star ..... who cares. :lmao:

Exactly. There is a kid in my son's grade. He is a holy heller. He has bad language and he listens to no one. I don't think a gold star would mean jack to him either.

All I can say is it's a good thing his dad is a criminal defense attorney. The boy's gonna need one.

Entitlement...that's where parents fail.

Sorry, but seriously......there isn't anything wrong with spanking your children

No, I don't like spanking...for children anyway. :laugh::laugh:

Just a quick smack on the behind is more than enough I think.

I truly believe the school spankings worked simply because of the humiliation factor.

This is why they are so wrong. Never,ever humiliate a child in front of his clasmates. It's not right IMO.

Exactly. There is a kid in my son's grade. He is a holy heller. He has bad language and he listens to no one. I don't think a gold star would mean jack to him either.

All I can say is it's a good thing his dad is a criminal defense attorney. The boy's gonna need one.

Entitlement...that's where parents fail.

A gold star still doesn't mean jack to me! I seriously have awards on my wall and they don't mean jack... some are piled up in the closet. Wouldn't even hang the ones that are their but they are good for business.

now a good spankin'...... well those I like! :p

This is why they are so wrong. Never,ever humiliate a child in front of his clasmates. It's not right IMO.

You got called to the office..... nobody saw but the principal and the secretary get your two smacks on the ass with the paddle.

And humiliation is a great for adults too! Posting the names of the "johns" in the paper does keep some from picking up hookers.

Let me guess the non spankers think dodge ball is evil too?

Let me guess the non spankers think dodge ball is evil too?

Probably. That's why rock is dying and giving way to emo. This next generation of kids are pussified from being coddled too much. :D

Probably. That's why rock is dying and giving way to emo. This next generation of kids are pussified from being coddled too much. :D

Every child is a winner!! :laugh::rolleyes:

The end of competitive sports for kids because the losers will feel humiliated too?

The ambitious and determined toddler can seriously harm themselves.

I rarely spanked my kids but there were times it was necessary. My oldest was an escape artist in a carseat, spanking saved her life. :laugh:

My oldest was an escape artist in a carseat, spanking saved her life

Same here. My duaghter played with matches and stuck her fingers and whatever else she could find into electrical sockets! Yikes!! You bet a little spanking saved her life.

Well after working for 6 summers with DJJ kids I can tell you clicker training will not work on every kid.

Fear motivates some. Clickers and biscuits some..... but they are as individual and motivated individually just like we are.

I truly believe the school spankings worked simply because of the humiliation factor. I never got spanked because I didn't want to have to face other classmates post spanking. So I towed the line.. I walked the line really.

Negative behaviours start at home, the minute a child is born. If your parents automatically escalated to physical discipline, you're not going to know any other way.

The ambitious and determined toddler can seriously harm themselves.

I rarely spanked my kids but there were times it was necessary. My oldest was an escape artist in a carseat, spanking saved her life. :laugh:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1917471&postcount=13

Did you see my older post? That was a glaring display of how spanking didn't work.

You got called to the office..... nobody saw but the principal and the secretary get your two smacks on the ass with the paddle.

Wow, did this ever bring back a memory or two. We had the rat-tan. That's what it was called and one teacher, to this very day I remember his name and face, had the task of swooshing the kids palms with it!! He'd walk around the school yielding his whip-stick!! Yikes! Like you, I was quieter than a church moose.

The loud mouth I acquired after I got out of school!:laugh:

Negative behaviours start at home, the minute a child is born. If your parents automatically escalated to physical discipline, you're not going to know any other way.

How is that my H who never had a one bit of violence or spankings in his home is pro spanking?

He has never been in a physcial fight not even as a school boy. He is not violent at all.

Where did he learn spanking is useful? Why does he believe it is correct?

If you owned a horse and it kicked at you - bet you would whip out the flash cards and carrots too.

How is that my H who never had a one bit of violence or spankings in his home is pro spanking?

He has never been in a physcial fight not even as a school boy. He is not violent at all.

Where did he learn spanking is useful? Why does he believe it is correct?

If you owned a horse and it kicked at you - bet you would whip out the flash cards and carrots too.

I can't comment on how your H was raised, since abuse can come in the form of emotional, verbal and physical or any combination of the above. Mental illness also impacts on how a child reacts to certain stimuli.