Is interracial dating with asian men not popular?

you are very unique

I'm sorry to hear that. I would always hope that people would accept an individual for who they are instead of looking at race, checking account balance, etc.

Guess people just need to get more comfortable in their own skin and be willing to accept the differences in others without feeling intimidated, threatened, etc.

Originally posted by FireCat

I guess I'm unique in that I don't care what a man makes per year or what his job is. Is he happy in his job? Can he take care of himself financially? If the answers to both of those questions are yes, great. If not, that's his issue. (Sorry if that comes off rude.) I can take care of myself financially and am not looking for a man to pay my way through life.

that's why I like white women XD chinese girls always care about how much you make and how much you are willing to spend on them, plus they also believe that men should be like their slaves

Originally posted by [Ros]Kurt[X]

that's why I like white women XD chinese girls always care about how much you make and how much you are willing to spend on them, plus they also believe that men should be like their slaves

that generalization is far from the truth...

Originally posted by monkey00

actually MONKEY00, the generalization needs to say "all women care about how much you make and how much you will spend on them!"

Originally posted by alphamale

actually MONKEY00, the generalization needs to say "all women care about how much you make and how much you will spend on them!"

Inaccurate - just as inaccurate as the generalization that white women won't date Asian men or that Asian men are small in the...errr..."special area." ;) There are always people that will support generalizations just as there are always people that don't.

Inaccurate - just as inaccurate as the generalization that white women won't date Asian men or that Asian men are small in the...errr..."special area." ;) There are always people that will support generalizations just as there are always people that don't.

well FIRECAT, generalizations and stereotypes exist for a reason. they are usually valid to some extent.

is it a generalization to say that most women like to shop?

is it a genralization to say that most men like sports and are competitive?

is it a generalization to say that given a choice of an ugly woman or a attractive woman a man will usually choose the latter?

LOL

I take back my generalization...

that was just a complain...

decent girls are hard to find; in USA, decent CHINESE girls are even (or much) harder to find... and you can't, of course, can't go back china and spend a month there trying to find a good girl, date her, marry her.... this is the situation we immigrants are facing, especially those who come for high education. Now if american girls dont give a chance, we all have to be single for the rest of our life and there will be some more suicides, murders, rapes... going on.

well FIRECAT, generalizations and stereotypes exist for a reason. they are usually valid to some extent.

is it a generalization to say that most women like to shop?

is it a genralization to say that most men like sports and are competitive?

is it a generalization to say that given a choice of an ugly woman or a attractive woman a man will usually choose the latter?

:) I agree that generalizations and stereotypes are valid to some extent. And all of the above questions you asked are generalizations.

I hate to shop. Get me in and out of the store, and we're cool. However, get me into a sporting goods store and all bets are off. :laugh:

I love sports and am highly competitive so you're more likely to see me participating in sports or yelling at the TV when watching the SuperBowl or going to a hockey game, etc.

Regarding looks, that's always hard to debate/discuss, because what I consider gorgeous and sexy just may not be what others think are gorgeous and sexy.

I was described by a male friend of mine as an alpha female that rarely fits any women stereotypes. :cool: Of course, that usually puts me in the "just a friend" category with guys.

It's too bad that your experience has been such that the stereotypes is what you expect. Don't give up hope...there are those of us out there that blast stereotypes all to pieces and are more than willing to give people a chance.

I hate to shop. Get me in and out of the store, and we're cool. However, get me into a sporting goods store and all bets are off. :laugh:

I love sports and am highly competitive so you're more likely to see me participating in sports or yelling at the TV when watching the SuperBowl or going to a hockey game, etc.

I was described by a male friend of mine as an alpha female that rarely fits any women stereotypes. :cool: Of course, that usually puts me in the "just a friend" category with guys.

well FIRECAT, maybe you should change a bit to conform more to the female stereotype??

men who are straight don't want to date women who have too many male characterstics. this is why u become a friend. why would a man want to be with another man unless he is gay (not that there is anything wrong w/ being gay)

men like feminine women and women like masculine men.

well FIRECAT, maybe you should change a bit to conform more to the female stereotype??

men who are straight don't want to date women who have too many male characterstics. this is why u become a friend. why would a man want to be with another man unless he is gay (not that there is anything wrong w/ being gay)

noooooooooooo

I love women with some male characteristics. All the girls I had crush on are like that.

Absolutely, positively not! Why would I want to be a stereotype - i.e. not myself? I am who I am and am happy with that. To change who I am just to "get a man," :laugh: - no way. I enjoy sports, being competitive and taking chances. I can turn around and go from that to being the girl dressed to the nine's in heels, makeup, etc. just as easily and be just as comfortable in that environment as in a sports environment.

A man who can not handle who I am as a person is someone that I'd much rather have as just a friend instead of my SO. I'm a woman who wants a man in my life but does not need one in my life. There is a major difference between want/need. And if a man wants a stereotype - good luck to him. :) I'd much rather have a man who is completely confident in themselves and are masculine enough not to worry if I'll beat him to the top of a cliff when rock climbing, etc. - but who knows that he can also make me purr like a kitten when the time is right.

Originally posted by [Ros]Kurt[X]

LOL

I take back my generalization...

that was just a complain...

decent girls are hard to find; in USA, decent CHINESE girls are even (or much) harder to find... and you can't, of course, can't go back china and spend a month there trying to find a good girl, date her, marry her.... this is the situation we immigrants are facing, especially those who come for high education. Now if american girls dont give a chance, we all have to be single for the rest of our life and there will be some more suicides, murders, rapes... going on.

well, there are plenty of asians in certain states depending where you look. well i live in nyc, so asians everywhere.

NYC, Philly, Chicago, California, Canada....Each of those areas have a chinatown.

true indeed. but a woman htat plays sports especially pool turns me on....

true indeed. but a woman htat plays sports especially pool turns me on....

when the hell did pool become a sport, MONKEY00??? you drink beer and smoke cigarettes while playing pool

in what other sport can u be drunk and play at same time? golf maybe?

when the hell did pool become a sport, MONKEY00??? you drink beer and smoke cigarettes while playing pool

in what other sport can u be drunk and play at same time? golf maybe?

nope i dont consider it to be a sport....but a turn on if i could meet a women who could kick my ass in pool...=O~~~ I have yet to meet one

im not legal yet to drink publicly, and i dont smoke =P

alphamale, wouuldnt u agree it would be sweet for a woman to kick your ass in a certain field you were really good at, cause she would be rare

alphamale, wouuldnt u agree it would be sweet for a woman to kick your ass in a certain field you were really good at, cause she would be rare

yes, i agree MONKEY00, i would liked to be spanked by a woman in a certain area.

Actually i believe interracial dating of any type usually becomes a trend, almost like fashion. If a good population of AM interracially dated in the states, it would affect other places of the world. Dont use the word "impossible" anything is possible.

I do agree the media has played a major role in portraying different cultures/races, and hasnt done too well with portraying asians....but who's job is it to define asian stereotypes, their's or YOURS?

If you show the girl you're not like other asians and you dont live up to her stereotypes; instead shatter it. women are willing to give it a try, especially if they are open minded.

i'm a good looking AM myself, and often i get looks from all races. you just have to be presentable when you go out and be friendly, if those girls (who you believe wouldnt date you) saw how you interacted with non-asian strangers, they WILL want to get ot know you cause you're different.

I work in an office buildling near city hall, mainly white people there, truth is im the only asian guy in the whole bulding. When people see me, my english/look/attitude/fashion sense is just as as any americanized person would be....so dont expect any of those typical asian stereotypes from me, yet they seem to have a look of shock to see me working here.

If you ask me this post is absurd. interracial dating popular/unpopular it's all in your head. It's being who you are, if they arent happy with it, then thats too bad for them. cause if you're not comfortable in your own skin, you're only injuring your opportunities in the long run...

organic chemistry

i'm asian girl

i guess not really

i go to a predominately white univeristy

my professor is asian who speaks not so perfect english...but he's funny

and i'm obsessed with him...and i found in class that it's not just my obsession...other white,hispanic girls think he's cute and funny too...and we love going to his class to see him...

plus my roommate is half japanese half white,her dad is japanese and her mom is white

her dad is not tall at all...but her mom saw him as a really nice guy when they were dating

I'm an Chinese boy and was born here and never been abroad, but i'm going to work abroad for a Chinese comp,maybe to the states, and maybe Europe even Africa.

monkey00, jeff ,dyle ... cuze it's really so long i don't have the time in finishing reading, but may i have the honor to tell you the situations in Asia now, people are different these days.

I always have a western point of value which some of my western freinds and myself always believe. However, in my mind , which i think the traditional Chinese or East Asian culture is to be responsible for the family,for the love and for the country. The confusim tells us that we have to be loyal and abey all the rules, but people are different now.

The young generation are brought up with Mcdo and Cocacola and Hollywood. For love, the traditional parents pay much more attention to sex, but the new, i mean the most part just enjoy it.

And except for that, my family never forbidds me in looking for a white or hispanic woman, and i don't care whether it's white or hispanic or yellow, all i want is true love, good in appereance and good in mind with me.

That's all i have to say, tx

i will give u all an example from last nite. I was out with about 20 people, half men half women for a dinner and bar nite.

there were two oriental gentlemen there, don't know what ethnicity but chinese or japanese or korean. nice guys, that was their problem. they fit the "asian male" stereotype almost perfectly.

after dinner we went to a popular dance place in ferndale, michigan called boogie fever.

both were dressed well but totally quiet and non-threatening, soft spoken and obviously smart guys. one was good looking other was tall and bald with glasses and sorta nerdy looking.

there was not much life in these guys, little sense of humor, way too serious, and neither one could dance for his life.

now i am usually the life of the party and laugh, flirt, say some questionalble things and women love it. i danced for like 2 hrs straight on and off.

both these guys kept lookin at me all nite with a look on their face as to why 4 women were dancin with me at same time and talking to me and flirting with me. it was hilarious.

i mean they were nice guys but totally un-interesting and non-threatening. that was their problem. there was little about them that said to women "come talk to me, i'm interesting"....

and so the story goes.

i will give u all an example from last nite. I was out with about 20 people, half men half women for a dinner and bar nite.

there were two oriental gentlemen there, don't know what ethnicity but chinese or japanese or korean. nice guys, that was their problem. they fit the "asian male" stereotype almost perfectly.

after dinner we went to a popular dance place in ferndale, michigan called boogie fever.

both were dressed well but totally quiet and non-threatening, soft spoken and obviously smart guys. one was good looking other was tall and bald with glasses and sorta nerdy looking.

there was not much life in these guys, little sense of humor, way too serious, and neither one could dance for his life.

now i am usually the life of the party and laugh, flirt, say some questionalble things and women love it. i danced for like 2 hrs straight on and off.

both these guys kept lookin at me all nite with a look on their face as to why 4 women were dancin with me at same time and talking to me and flirting with me. it was hilarious.

i mean they were nice guys but totally un-interesting and non-threatening. that was their problem. there was little about them that said to women "come talk to me, i'm interesting"....

and so the story goes.

who you met that night were probably just intellectual "nice guys", and unfortunately for nice guys, they are rarely ever aggressive, with women, within a social group. They exist in every race. such as the typical "asian guys have small shlongs", all races has their large and small....fact is many of these stereotypes are outdated and no one cares to look anymore into the "big picture"

Stereotypes are changing, trends are changing, so are traditions...in this ever evolving world. Interracial dating is also massively growing.

One of these days Alphamale, i bet you'll come across that 1 asian dude that completely shatters all stereotypes ever made about asians.

who you met that night were probably just intellectual "nice guys", and unfortunately for nice guys, they are rarely ever aggressive, with women, within a social group. They exist in every race. such as the typical "asian guys have small shlongs", all races has their large and small....fact is many of these stereotypes are outdated and no one cares to look anymore into the "big picture"

Stereotypes are changing, trends are changing, so are traditions...in this ever evolving world. Interracial dating is also massively growing.

One of these days Alphamale, i bet you'll come across that 1 asian dude that completely shatters all stereotypes ever made about asians.

well maybe it's not their fault that they can't dance. some people just aren't good at "impromptu performing" like dance. I can't do this - when I try to dance I don't know how to move my legs and arms. I think slowly and have to prepare well for any sort of performance, the songs I play are usually what I learned a year ago. right - every race has people like this, not all white guys are dancers, eventhough in the movies and tv shows they are.

i shatter the stereo types of asian men MONKEY00. I am asian-indian but raise in US since age 7. I'm 5'11" and about 220lbs, football type. I have tried to do everything i can to not fit the stereotype of asian men here.

Of course i am smart 9worked for IBM) but i party hard, drink and smoke too much, chase women, laugh, am assertive when i need to be, yell at people in public sometimes when drunk. And i actually have a PERSONALITY.

I love to be center of attention and like blondes of which i've dated many.

There was nothing wrong with those two guys above but they are just not gonna get any women being like that.

I think for some reason alot of Asian guys dont have confidence. I think its because of sterotypes and the media.

But - to all the Asian guys out there, go nuts - half the white girls I've talked to who've had a Asian lover say the

same thing: Amazing in bed.

Just remember that white girls like a guy with confidence, so lift up that chin and go get em.

They want to be caught.

Originally posted by guest

I think for some reason alot of Asian guys dont have confidence. I think its because of sterotypes and the media.

But - to all the Asian guys out there, go nuts - half the white girls I've talked to who've had a Asian lover say the

same thing: Amazing in bed.

Just remember that white girls like a guy with confidence, so lift up that chin and go get em.

They want to be caught.

what if you really don't have what it takes to be confident... how can you be confident without being a bully...

again the "asian" I mean is the asian from asia, not asian americans. real asians don't have the american stuff that can make them confident. and they are often left out by people because of their "bad" english. it's not they don't want to confident, they don't have the opportunities to be confident in front of white girls. yes they can work really really hard to build up those characteristic that make them confident, it's just not fair that white guys don't have to work hard at all.