Is interracial dating with asian men not popular?

Anshul, are you flirting with me? :o

Just kiddin'. :D Seriously, I think you should approach a woman if you're interested, regardless of her race. Most women here still like it when a man makes the first move (in my opinion).

So, Anshul, next time you're in the US...holla at a sistah, a'ight? :laugh:

:) well in a way yes i was flirting and am very confident in making moves on the face, im not frightened of girls infact they blush because of my confidence. I dont think I'll ever be in the USA cuz its so far and expensive to travel these days but I'd be most interested in some kind of friendship with you, it hardly costs to make phone calls and i do have several long distance friends who r girls in places like greece and slovenia and the UK. I think I am better at maintaining relationships than anyone else though I do get confused because sometimes girls are not straightforward but then I ask experienced individuals for advice at this site. No, Honestly wud love to make friends with you, thats a small step lol
:o Okay, now I'm blushing for real. Anshul, I just tried to send you a PM, but could not. I'd like to be online friends with you, too. I just don't want to put my email address out here so I'll wait until you can send me a PM, then I'll send you my email address. Is that okay with you? :)

hey

i'll give you my email addy that i normally dont use, once u send me an email, I'll direct you to the email addy I use and then we can get somewhere cuz this pm thingy is out of order it seems.

ok it is

[email protected], just send me an email there, and I'll catch ya there.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
the fickled lover

Can I all you people out there, what features, both physical and non physical attract you to men in general? Then I ask, what unique features make asian men desirable? And lastly, what makes them undesirable?

In response to:

“Asian men haven't been oppressed the way black women (particularly those in America) have been. Your great grandparents didn't have their families ripped apart by the ugly institution of slavery. Your father didn't have to take a job as a janitor and sit at the back of the bus or eat at a "colored only" table. Not saying you or your parents have had it easy - all immigrants face the challenge of entering and succeeding in a strange society. But blacks were singled out for mistreatment, and their communities have paid a price for it. Black women (and even black men) do have it bad, though times are changing.”

Actually, the Chinese man, in particular, is the only man in American history that was specifically banned from the U.S. for over 60 years (The Chinese Exclusion Act/amended three times). The influx of Chinese men, as you know, stemmed from the Gold Rush and the popularity of “coolie labor” after the abolishment of slavery. When Asians arrived as coolies (which, in fact, was legalized slavery), they did the most grueling and dangerous work, whether in the fields, towns or on the railroads. Before the Latinos were working out in the fields and in agriculture on the West coast, Asians were doing these jobs. Asian men showed great strength and are pioneers of present-day America.

For every 10,000 Chinese men, there were a mere handful of Chinese women allowed into the country during the mid-1800s. The Chinese Exclusion Act was enacted to end reproduction and growth of Chinese immigrants, expressly the Chinaman (The Yellow Peril). The remaining Chinese retreated to Chinatowns, and even then, some towns were burned to the ground and many people were murdered. There was a sizeable number of the original Chinamen who married African-American women (Baja, California area). Many of the Chinese women in the country were forced into prostitution and died from disease and abuse. The Chinese built thriving towns in San Francisco, Monterey Bay and Los Angeles. They established the fishing, agriculture and import/export industry in the West.

The Chinese sped up the establishment of true interstate commerce in the U.S. by laying the most difficult tracks involved to complete the First Transcontinental Railroad (completed in 1869). Even today, as business-savvy entrepreneurs, Asians (including Asian, Southeast Asian, Pacific Islander) have a total head count of roughly 60 Directors from all of the Fortune 500 companies. We represent less than three percent of Directors, even though, statistically, we are the wealthiest, most educated technology-wise minority in the U.S.

The devil is in the details. It would take an entire book to fully address the issue.

Other stuff:

-Real World has never had an “Asian man” in its cast of roomies, but a few Asian women did appear.

-The one Asian guy (William Hung) in recent times to achieve overnight fame happens to be the least intimidating Asian guy in America.

-Jet Li, Jackie Chan and Chow Yun Fat don’t make out with any white girls in their American films.

Signing off, Steve T.

Originally posted by slantedeyez

Hi, Im chinese and born fresh on the soils of North America...I wuz just wondering why not many Caucasian, black, spanish etc women choose asian men as lovers..Is it cuz of the way we look? Ive had other women of other nationalities interested in me but if you look at the majority thats a very rare occurance. I personally think its that damn stereotype.."All asian guys have small dicks"..or maybe not..

just wondering cuz i dont think its a question that is asked enough hehe..unless I havent skimmed this forum enough times. heh LATEr.

I am a black female and honestly what got me into Asian men was this really cute guy that works up the street from my house, I thought his family owned this store around the corner, so I would speak all the time and then one day, I asked him if his family owned the store and he told me that I had seen him over there but he wasn't related.

For some reason when he opened his mouth I saw him in a completely different light, it's as if his voice and smile went right through me and a light bulb came on, why hadn't I considered Asian men as approachable or date-able, I really had to check myself on this question.

Well I kept telling him how cute he is and he was just blushing all innocently and I saw something in him that I don't see very often in American men.

Humility, I thought to myself, why haven't I considered dating Asian men...hell, I'm attractive and well raised, why have I not even considered it, this guy didn't get all sleazy like some men and jump on it like a bone...he was humble and giving thanks for the compliment.

Then the journey began...I have more Korean, Japanese friends than I can count, I make it a point to also have penpals to keep up with what's going on in the world. Asian men have so much to offer mentally and culturally

as far as stereotypes...I don't really hear black and hispanic people say anything negative about people of Asian descent, unless of course you pulled the FINEST girl on the block...then they might get jealous and taunt you a little but that's with any race that's not black.

I have made it a point to seek out people in this cultural setting, I found that I have been embraced and excepted by these people. I heard so many comments from others on websites such as Japanese men will not date outside of there race but I don't find this to be the case...I do have to admit I have a love jones :love: for Korean men...love there feature's and intellect....there just too damn cute for words.

I think Asian men should consider other race's such as Hispanic, Black, Mulatto....there are beautiful women in every race and you don't have to always bend your wallet to be in there live's. Just get up the nerve...make sure you have your stuff together i.e. your not looking busted and homeless and step to her.

Matter of fact just smile and speak and she's all yours...be polite, be a gentlemen and walk up to her...hell, ask for directions...coffee at starbucks...something to break the ice...put your game face on and dig in, you would be delighted how much sista's (latino and black) love Asian men...were probably more scared of being rejected then you are.

This is my opinion of course....Any Asian fellas interested in getting to know a beautiful well rounded sista...holla back at me!

Send me a personal message and I will be sure to get in touch with you. Peace and love Tilly :love:

thanks for the luv to the latina sistas too! :)

I've recently had my probs with a friend of mine. He used to hang out with everyone and now he hangs out with strictly just asians pretty much! I understand trying to get back to his roots, and hang out with people from his culture, because he grew up in a "white world" kind of isolated from his asian community, because he grew up in a small town- BUT I recently caught up with him, and well things are wierd between us now.

I tried hangin out with him and his friends, and he basically ignored me, I felt really unwelcome and out of place- its like wow, I guess cuz Im not asian, I cant hang with him anymore :(

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t47732/ <---- to read my story on it

It seems like Im the one always doing the calling, always seeing what HE's up to, but he's just havin too much fun with his new crew to even give me a call I guess. We had plans to meet up today, and he pretty much said in this jerky voice on my VOICEMAIL of all things: Im cancelling our plans, and I threw away that thing I was gonna bring for you, and Im gonna go do something else instead. No joke, that's almost verbatim, except for the last part, Im guessing he went to go do something else with his new friends cuz when I called him back about it, they were all there, laughin and carryin on in the background.

I hate feeling left out in the cold by 1) a guy and 2) someone I considered a friend, someone I could actually talk to.

I've recently had my probs with a friend of mine. He used to hang out with everyone and now he hangs out with strictly just asians pretty much! I understand trying to get back to his roots, and hang out with people from his culture, because he grew up in a "white world" kind of isolated from his asian community, because he grew up in a small town- BUT I recently caught up with him, and well things are wierd between us now.

I tried hangin out with him and his friends, and he basically ignored me, I felt really unwelcome and out of place- its like wow, I guess cuz Im not asian, I cant hang with him anymore :(

It seems like Im the one always doing the calling, always seeing what HE's up to, but he's just havin too much fun with his new crew to even give me a call I guess. We had plans to meet up today, and he pretty much said in this jerky voice on my VOICEMAIL of all things: Im cancelling our plans, and I threw away that thing I was gonna bring for you, and Im gonna go do something else instead. No joke, that's almost verbatim, except for the last part, Im guessing he went to go do something else with his new friends cuz when I called him back about it, they were all there, laughin and carryin on in the background.

I hate feeling left out in the cold by 1) a guy and 2) someone I considered a friend, someone I could actually talk to.

Anyone in the asian community know what he could possibly be thinkin here, have similar situations happen with your friends? I could REALLY use your input.

Originally posted by simplybrill

I've recently had my probs with a friend of mine. He used to hang out with everyone and now he hangs out with strictly just asians pretty much! I understand trying to get back to his roots, and hang out with people from his culture, because he grew up in a "white world" kind of isolated from his asian community, because he grew up in a small town- BUT I recently

Anyone in the Asian community know what he could possibly be thinking here, have similar situations happen with your friends? I could REALLY use your input.

I'm not Asian but I'm old enough and I have been in situations like yours...basically come clean about how you feel.

First express the hurt/disillusionment with his behavior, let him know that you understand his feelings of getting back to his roots but there is no cause to neglect friendships that existed before he made this decision.

I feel that if you sit around guessing about what's going on then the issue will always be in your head but if you at least go to the person that is making you feel a certain way then at least you are woman enough to address it even if you don't get the answer you think you have should have gotten from that person.

If you can speak face to face then do so, but all else fails you can leave a voice mail message or write it in letter form and let the weight be on his shoulders.

I personally have had friends that I literally grew up with and shared great experiences with only to see them a few years later and be treated like a stranger...I literally didn't take it personal I actually hugged one of my dear friends and let her know that although the feeling isn't mutual with her, I still loved her and let it go.

You my love seem to be a decent human being and have made attempts to connect with him, so you have done your part the best thing would probably would be to let your friend know when he is ready to communicate you will be there and that my friend is enough.

I simply came away from my experience that possibly life more than likely took it's toll on her and she has moved on. Maybe your friend has decided to move on...alot of Asian men have pressure from there families and sometimes there friends and most...not all have to have that connection because it's there identity and livelihood at stake. Well maybe American lifestyle was a novelty to your friend and now the novelty has worn thin and he has decided to move on.

Don't take it personal but do find a way to let that person know in a loving, non-accusative way how you feel...and let the ball be in his court.

I hope this helps you out a little.

Nameless.. Dude... Asian guys are awesome. I'm a caucasian female & Asian fellas are the only guys I'm interested in even dating. No offense to anyone else. lol- but seriously. Women in general can be pretty stupid... Myself included.. But Asian guys have A LOT to bring to the table. You have the features every man wants.. Good bone structure.. GORGEOUS faces.. Pouty, perfect lips.. Firey brown eyes... Golden skin.. And, generally speaking, Asian men are thin and fit.. Which is awesome. So who cares if you're tall or short?.. You look good. Act like you know you do. lol

~ ElvenGrl

Originally posted by simplybrill

Anyone in the asian community know what he could possibly be thinkin here, have similar situations happen with your friends? I could REALLY use your input.

wow... that's awful. he shouldn't ignore you just because of his new friends. i agree with what tilly said. let it be on his shoulders. i've experienced things like that myself... and it sucks. :(

~ Candy

Originally posted by elvengrl

Nameless.. Dude... Asian guys are awesome. I'm a caucasian female & Asian fellas are the only guys I'm interested in even dating. No offense to anyone else. lol- but seriously. Women in general can be pretty stupid... Myself included.. But Asian guys have A LOT to bring to the table. You have the features every man wants.. Good bone structure.. GORGEOUS faces.. Pouty, perfect lips.. Firey brown eyes... Golden skin.. And, generally speaking, Asian men are thin and fit.. Which is awesome. So who cares if you're tall or short?.. You look good. Act like you know you do. lol

~ ElvenGrl

I'm not an Asian guy, actually I'm a white guy whose always thought Asian women were the most beautiful women on the planet. What about that? Is it the same? Are Asian women (not the ones actually born here in the US that are Americanized but that came over here from wherever) reluctant to date white guys? Do they rarely date out of their own culture? Asian guys...any comments? As for the height thing, I've seen a lot of short Asian guys between 5'2-5'6, but I've also seen a lot of "Really" tall Asian guys and girls for that matter. So, that dismisses that stereotype. And anyway, who cares about height. ElvenGrl summed it up perfectly. As long as your fit and look good who the hell cares how tall you are, no matter what race you are. As far as the penis stereotype is concerned, whichever girl said that Asian guys were small is incorrect if she thinks that a 5-6 inch penis erect is small. It ain't Tommy Lee, but average penis size, including white men is between 5-7 inches erect.

Bobby

I'm an asian woman but look multi-ethnic. I could pass for a large number of ethnicities. I suspect everyone will kind of be the same ethnicity eventually -- because of advanced development in transportation technology. This means that anyone can easily migrate to another country -- the factor of contiental isolation (which is one of the key engines of evolution) is absent.

As one ethnicity moves into another continent, we develop differently based on environmental and societal characteristics (availability of food, medicine, water, transportation, education, etc.). We are blending another variety of genes into environments of wealth (of resources).

The stereotype about asians is a little classist on the global level -- women are conditioned to be drawn to wealthier men. Right now, at this point in our civilization, size is associated with social status and wealth. Other visual indicators of wealth of resident nation are the straightness and whiteness of teeth, fineness of hair, variation in hair color, clothes, shoes, etc.

The evolutionary logic, I think, is that you want your "tribe" (ethnicity) to gain wealth. Socializing with wealth equates to a higher standard of living. Everyone wants a piece of that. There are other components to this theory that I think are fascinating in terms of "sub-selection" of mates (when we fine tune our selection criteria). But I won't bore you with the details.

In the past, I was never particularly drawn to asian men specifically. I had a thing for black men and hispanic men. But lately, I've seen some SMOKIN' HOT asian men that were the most beautiful men I've ever seen in my life. (ahem, excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor...) I saw these men and instantly wanted them. And let's not get into some of my brother's asian friends ... OMG ... indescribably hot and smart and everything I look for in any guy. My brother's also got some friends of other ethnicities who are pretty hot, too. So, recently, I've added asian men to my list of "having a thing for". It's the attitude, too. It's the absence of the sense of powerlessness in these attractive men.

I think the definition of hot is changing dramatically with globalization. It's quite neat.

So, to answer the original post, I don't think it's even there that women shun asian men -- not the asian men I've seen. A lot of women I know have a thing for buff japanese men, too.

Originally posted by BobbyB

I'm not an Asian guy, actually I'm a white guy whose always thought Asian women were the most beautiful women on the planet. What about that? Is it the same? Are Asian women (not the ones actually born here in the US that are Americanized but that came over here from wherever) reluctant to date white guys? Do they rarely date out of their own culture? Asian guys...any comments?

Bobby

I'd have to say it more common to see an Native Asian women date outsite their race than the vice versa. So you're in luck Bobby. I have a couple of white guy friends, who are strickly asian girl chasers. They seem to do well. Then again, they are rich and look the part also......(not to say that anyone is a gold digger.) So go out and chat it up with them girls.

I do wonder whats up with AsianIdol, I'm sure he's kicking ass.

Seems like everbody is contributing to this thread, so let me also put in my two cents.

I´m an Asian girl, but where I live there are few Asians that I know, fact is I hardly know any guy about my age who is Asian. I do see Chinese students at my university, but I have to admit, physically they do not attract me at all. As I also don´t really like the way how they often approach me, it kind of lacks manners (manners = petit-bourgeois?), I don´t care much for getting to know them better or befriend them. I don´t say that all are like this, but very often they are a bit rude, I never get approached like this by Japanese people, neither by women nor by men.

Someone in this thread also made a distinction between those who grew up here and those who came later as grown-ups for their studies, etc. I would also make a distinction between Asian guys raised in the States and those who grew up here, they seem to be more out going and laid-back, meaning more attractive in my eyes. From a pure physical angle, I think in general I find guys who have a little bit of an Asian touch like Keanu Reeves to be more attractive than a guy who is 100 % Asian.

The only really attractive Asian guy I know is my brother, damn it, he get´s more looks than I! :laugh: He is definitely very handsome and a very generous person, I don´t think this is part of being Asian, it´s his unique charakter (he´s single by the way :laugh: ). Do Asian men in general really treat women better? Wake up..... :rolleyes: I´ve heard other stories from my mom and I´ve heard other stories from people who lived in Thailand, etc, etc.

By the way, I always find it a bit creepy if a guy says he likes Asian women. It always makes me think, he is talking about kinky sex.

A couple of weeks ago I talked with two friends (both guys) and they were trying to cheer me up a bit. One said, you are attractive and exotic. Look, if you would go on the internet on porn sites you would find they have special sections for Asian women. Oh my god. :confused: I´m sure they also have sections for people who like rubber boots. :laugh::lmao: Oh man, they´re sweet, but I think they have to practice making compliments. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

"By the way, I always find it a bit creepy if a guy says he likes Asian women.It always makes me think, he is talking about kinky sex. "

I too feel weird when a white guy tells me that he likes asian women and he finds asian women are the most beautiful women in the world etc.... I guess i have a preconceived notion that they are attracted to asian woman because of their own perception of asian women (submissive, willing to please etc)

Meowmix