Denver guy responded

Yes, I'm a zero.

c'mon now....totally misinterpreted! You and only you A. are making yourself to be a victim. Step back and try listening to what others are taking the time to express to you.

I can't quite tell - did you miss the part where Ariadne never actually had a relationship with DG? In that sense you don't understand where she's coming from...because her obsession is not based on a real life relationship that went sour... it is based on a fantasy that has existed only in her mind for the last however many years.

(dammit! I'm sucked in again too!)

I got that. I do know he kind of liked her at some point but yes, I realize it isn't quite the same. I do empathsize with her even if it was a slightly different scenario The fact is as soon as my ex said I'm done with you (for no discernable reason, mind you, lol) I should have just wished him well, and NEVER got into his sphere again. I had an inflated view of him, just as Aiadne has of her guy. It took me way, way too long to get over him because of my obsession and yes fantasy of who I thought he was. As soon as I did extreme NC, within two months I was more myself, and within six months I was crushing on other guys. I don't consider the difference in details important, because essentially we were both obsessed with guys that weren't into us at that point.

• Author
He IS stringing her along by continuing to write to her when HE knows HE IS NOT into her at all. She is stuck in fantasyland and interprets everything he says into something else, which inturn, gives her hope.

If I want to write to him, I don't need people doing the thinking for me.

I'm not a baby or a wilted flower nor do I need psychological protection.

Ok you guys,

DG didn't reply to me. :(

As I expected this morning when I didn't find an email from him.

I imagine it is because he just doesn't care to talk to me anymore.

I mean, Ariadne who? And why would I talk to her anyway?

Or something like that...

I mean, why should him anyway? I'm practically a stranger to him after all this time, and I don't see why on earth would he have an inclination to talk to me.

I was very surprised when he responded to my first emails... and I thought that was an indication that we were going to be penpals like before and start talking.

But he probably moved on and I am inconsequential to him at this point.

Or he must have more important things to do than to talk to me.

Yes, I'm kind of disappointed. And yes, I was all feeling queasy this morning at work.

But now I'm feeling completely calm and I have accepted the situation as it is.

I'm not sure about the fantasy though. Most likely I'll continue to believe that we are soulmates, but that he is just being blind.

Yeah, that does it.

Manipulative..on your part Ariadne. The whole thing is manipulative. You create your own reality. This is your reality. No one made you have these feelings, you did it on your own.

• Author
The man told her TWO FREAKING YEARS AGO that he wasn't into her that way. Ariadne put herself in this position, and she is the only one who can get herself out. She is Not a victim here people.

I never said I was a victim.

• Author
I think Calisto is just sensitive to the injustice of lynch-mob behavior. People here are throwing harsh labels at someone they only know by anecdotes

Exactly. What was that all about?

DG barely politely replied a couple emails saying hi not to be rude.

victim...semantics...you don't have to use the word!

seems as though maybe a chord has been struck, your overall tone/writing style is changing.

hmmm!

BUT....keep in mind...this is HER thread. What is she seeking? What is the purpose?

Hi there. I was wondering the same thing.

I agree. You have the power to stop this youself. Do you do fun things for youself Ariadne?

• Author
if you knew he was obsessed with you, loving you from afar and you knew he though you were his soulmate - Would you honestly continue to penpals with him?

Probably not.

Another reason DG would not want to talk to me...

Besides the fact that he just plain not interested.

Might be the fact that he doesn't want to deal with my undying love. That must be pretty annoying.

• Author
why we are posting a topic, usually to seek validation, opinions,etc. Something to gauge our own feelings by, something to measure other's experiences, suggestions.

No, those things don't matter to me.

• Author
You aren't a zero at all! It's just that you're not a part of this guys life.

Ok, I'm a zero for DG. I didn't spell it all.

• Author
c'mon now....totally misinterpreted! You and only you A. are making yourself to be a victim. Step back and try listening to what others are taking the time to express to you.

I said I was inconsequential to him in my first post tonight.

That's the same as I'm a zero. For him, that is.

No, you never did. I admit that...but you sure are taking on the role of one. You whole post is screaming victim...I'm a zero, I am inconsiquential...etc...victim talk.

• Author
Manipulative..on your part Ariadne. The whole thing is manipulative. You create your own reality. This is your reality. No one made you have these feelings, you did it on your own.

If someone writes to me, and I don't respond.

Is because I'm not interested in writing to that person. Talking to that person is not something I value.

• Author
Do you do fun things for youself Ariadne?

Yes, I read and listen to spiritual discussions.

Drink diet coke, LS...

• Author
No, you never did. I admit that...but you sure are taking on the role of one. You whole post is screaming victim...I'm a zero, I am inconsiquential...etc...victim talk.

This is where you are wrong.

For me being those things, doesn't mean that I'm being a victim in any form.

I think Ariadne posted about DG because she was happy he wrote her and she wanted to share that happiness with people on LS. For better or for worse, I'm pretty sure that was the reason.

From your previous thread, I already had the take that this is tainted. I get the feel that if you could, you would scream off the rooftops that the world is mean to you...DG had a rough time in school, you are a "zero", "just a mexican cinderella" Folks opinions on here don't interest you, on and on.

Well ok, then stay stuck..you are unwilling to attempt change.

all too much!

buhbye

• Author
I think Ariadne posted about DG because she was happy he wrote her and she wanted to share that happiness with people on LS. For better or for worse, I'm pretty sure that was the reason.

That's true. I just wanted to share the news, since I've been talking about him for so long.

• Author

To be fair,

Another reason why DG didn't write might be because he is simply busy and not because he doesn't care to talk to me.

I'm not sure why he would, after all this time anyway, but maybe that's what it is.

Just not to make these conclusions.

To be fair,

Another reason why DG didn't write might be because he is simply busy and not because he doesn't care to talk to me.

I'm not sure why he would, after all this time anyway, but maybe that's what it is.

I really don't think anything DG does can take away what you have of him, because so much of the story of Ariadne and DG you have written yourself. And most of the scenes between you have been created under your own direction.

Your love isn't any less real even if it was never reciprocated (which we don't know for sure...this is an unknown factor.)

You can keep your love for him and still let go of him at the same time. I don't think it feels good to hold out real hope for something that isn't going to happen.

How would you feel about giving up the hope of ever being with him?

To be fair,

I really think he might be busy. It sounds like he barely has time to check his email. I'm not being joking or trite. I have had lots of days like that, where even checking my home email was a chore and then you want to reply with thoughtful replies to the senders but you simply don't have the energy or time the correspondence justice. I do think you should take him on his word that he is really busy and he might be at a loss for words for a while.

• Author

You can keep your love for him and still let go of him at the same time... How would you feel about giving up the hope of ever being with him?

Yes, my fantasy is huge and I'll come up with something.

At least to make life exciting. Like imagine he thinks he's engaged forever, or that he is confused etc etc.

I'll give up hope the day I give up hope.