Do most men like bubbly women?

shadowplay

You'd be surprised at how many actors/actresses are shy in reality. Same is true for many artists.

How about this you'd be surprised how many people are acting in reality.

• Author

That's true too.

That is basically what she is saying about bubbly people.

That is basically what she is saying about bubbly people.

Well I thought she was saying bubbly people aren't just acting that they really are whatever she thinks they are.

I think Shaowplay's problem is she is not seeing past facades as much as she thinks she is.

Their aura doesn't lie. Shadow, got any opinion on that? I have a feeling that's where you're going...

That's a good point. The person aura doesn't lie. But sometimes the perceivers perception of another's aura lies to them.

KidEternity
In my observation most smart guys, especially shy ones, are drawn to bubbly women. All the guys I've been involved with have had idealized this type of girl.

It bothers me because I'm far from bubbly. The fact that I'm depressed doesn't help, but even when I'm happy and confident I'm not bubbly. That's just not me. I can be energetic and passionate, but I still don't see the world in shades of pink. Bubby women seem fake, unreflective and disconnected from reality. They act that way because they get a lot of reinforcement for being cute, and because they're afraid of not being liked if they express a negative sentiment.

I'm talking about women who are cloyingly positive and chipper, to the point of denying reality. People like that strike me as depth-less. Why do guys fall all over them? Do they think being around a woman like that will fill their world with sugarplums and fairies, distracting them from the emptiness of their lives? It sounds silly, but bubbliness is almost the antithesis of everything I stand for. I'm drawn to nuance, shades of gray. Being around someone who's bubbly can be as depressing as being around someone who's constantly negative. Sometimes they seem like the saddest people in the world.

I find myself resenting these chipper, chatty girls and the guys who kiss their feet. Must I put on a facade of bubbliness to be appreciated by the opposite sex? Is that the way most men think women should be?

Even if I grow more confident and outgoing, I still won't be that bubbly girl. And, frankly, I don't want to be. I wish I could just find a guy who appreciated me for me, for better or worse.

Guess I'm in a bitter mood...

I agree with you to a point, you can be a 'bubbly' depthless bimbo, but I'd say there are plenty of nice, normal 'bubbly' women too...

I wouldn't say I'm drawn to any particular type of women, If I was I'd say I would go for the shy, sweet girl next door type...just be yourself, don't try and change just to attract a guy :)

Shadow, I think "bubbly" is the wrong word to describe these women. I know exactly the type you are talking about! They are idiot people who are vapid and super fake and are really quite boring to be around. Having a conversation with a fakie makes my head hurt. You can only smile and "tehe" so much. After a while, you want to just walk away. They make horrible friends and worse partners.

I've had male friends fall for girls like this and then retreat almost immediately once they've had a chance to get to know them. They end up talking to her on the phone or spending some time with her and realize that there is nothing more than perfectly coiffed hair and well manicured nails.

I don't see a quality guy wanting to have a solid relationship with girls like these. Sure he may want to have sex with her, but such women are more likely to be a ONS than anything else for him.

No one wants to be with a dark, brooding psycho, nor do they want a bimbo who smiles and nods without having any convictions of her own. A truly bubbly but sincere woman is a good balance between true soul and hands down fun.

I wouldn't get annoyed at the "bubbly" ones if I were you. They are precisely the type of women that complain about guys dropping them for no apparent reason. I've heard it a bazillion times, "everything was going so well, how come he doesn't call anymore?" They have no idea how superficial and silly they appear to real men who know what they want. Such women are nothing more than disposable razors. Sadly for them, they never realize this fact and continue on their lifelong search for a partner, never realizing that it is their shallowness and fundamentally fake personality that repels a secure man.

We should pity them really.

Cherry Blossom 35

Shadowplay, you should move to DC. Tons of nerds, former class presidents, intellectual, educated men here. You actually can go on a date and have a conversation about the socioeconomics of China. Seriously, bimbohood is pretty frowned upon.

On second thought, there are more men than women and half the men are gay, so maybe you shouldn't come here after all.

My point is there are many men who are not at all attracted to that Playboy bunny bimbo type. i say new scenery for Shadowplay.

My point is there are many men who are not at all attracted to that Playboy bunny bimbo type. i say new scenery for Shadowplay.

I couldn't agree mroe Cherry! She needs to get rid of the crap in her life right now. *ahem*

She needs a new place, a fresh start. A healthy start.

• Author
I couldn't agree mroe Cherry! She needs to get rid of the crap in her life right now. *ahem*

She needs a new place, a fresh start. A healthy start.

:laugh: Well, I will be finally moving come Fall, hopefully... We'll see how that goes.

:laugh: Well, I will be finally moving come Fall, hopefully... We'll see how that goes.

Really? Good for you. Out with the old, in with the new (and I know you know to what I refer to).

• Author
Really? Good for you. Out with the old, in with the new (and I know you know to what I refer to).

Don't worry, I think the old is on its way out. ;)

my body is a cage
I find her bubbly (but not lacking in intelligence or depth) and not attractive. I'm not going to say anymore about somone that's deceased. You're so morbid shadowplay. You remind me of Morticia on the Addam's family j/k :laugh:.

Tina Fey died?!

gwhattt???

Try on the term "airhead" for size, instead of bubbly...

I agree. Or bimbo. That works well too.

Grrrr...why is the assumption that bubbly women, aren't complex, deep or real? I beg to differ...

No sh*t. In person, I'm plenty bubbly, damnit. To think I'm perceived as "depth-less" really pisses me off.

No sh*t. In person, I'm plenty bubbly, damnit. To think I'm perceived as "depth-less" really pisses me off.

I think we've established that Shadow is referring to the vapid type of bubbly. There is nothing wrong with being a balanced bubbly babe.

It is the bimbo that is the topic of discussion.

Maybe we have a different definition of bubbly. I'm talking about women who are NOT complex, deep or reflective, and deny negativity to the point of delusion. Somebody can be passionate, energetic and outgoing but not "bubbly."

Sounds like you equate a pervasively positive attitude to being "bubbly." Someone who sees the world with a half-full perspective, and generally enjoys being a happy, smiling person rather than focusing on negativity...this is someone who's "bubbly" to you.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Cherry Blossom 35
Tina Fey died?!

gwhattt???

Yeaj, I caught that too. I'm pretty sure she didn't die. Must have been confused.

I think we've established that Shadow is referring to the vapid type of bubbly. There is nothing wrong with being a balanced bubbly babe.

It is the bimbo that is the topic of discussion.

I disagree. I think generally happy people are who she considers "bubbly."

Trialbyfire

Yes, well, I did take her to task for her..inaccurate...description. Perhaps she was feeling resentful...

It appears that Ocean_Blue has found a much better description. :)