Do most men like bubbly women?

shadowplay

How introverted is the introverted type, you're referring to? If you can't get a word out of an introvert, it's difficult to gauge what's going on in their mind. If an extremely introverted person likes or dislikes you, how will you ever know?

There is a very good chance he will just be indifferent towards you. As much as bubbly people aren't bimbos, the introvert sure isn't some lonely loser or a massacre waiting to happen.

People can continue acting the part of the victim and cry about their experiences, or they can pick themselves up and say, "Hey, I want to be like...this, so I'm going to change because I'm unhappy with myself", as opposed to saying "Hey, you suck because you're not like me".

You do realize that not every introvert wants to jump from the nearest bridge because he is so unhappy with his life as an introvert, don't you? Introversion isn't a sign of depression

I usually don't care if another person is an extrovert, as long as that person isn't invading my privacy. Sadly, some of the extroverts do just that. They assume that company, especially their own, is always welcome.

Likewise, the introvert will often be seen as aloof or even rude and arrogant because a conversation with him can sometimes feel like pulling teeth to the extrovert.

People can continue acting the part of the victim and cry about their experiences, or they can pick themselves up and say, "Hey, I want to be like...this, so I'm going to change because I'm unhappy with myself", as opposed to saying "Hey, you suck because you're not like me".

I thought the advice on here was just be yourself? Introverts can't really change how their personality and physiology was wired. It's a natural and normal genetic type. What you're saying is akin to telling a leopard to change his spots. It would be much much easier for extroverts to just learn to accept introverts-because it's just a bias no different than say racism.

Go look this up. Roughly half of the pop is both, but that's not introverts. Introverts are about 25% of the population. So 75% of the population is more extraverted then an introvert. Introverts are generally more accepting of extraverts its just they need down time/alone time.

See that's where I think your wrong. People are not static. Our personalities are dynamic they change based on our moods and situations. An introvert at one party, with one group of friends can be an extrovert at another party.

See that's where I think your wrong. People are not static. Our personalities are dynamic they change based on our moods and situations. An introvert at one party, with one group of friends can be an extrovert at another party.

But you are describing a typical person and not an introvert.

thehappycynic
Go look this up. Roughly half of the pop is both, but that's not introverts. Introverts are about 25% of the population. So 75% of the population is more extraverted then an introvert. Introverts are generally more accepting of extraverts its just they need down time/alone time.

I did look it up, and I'm afraid it's not that simple.

I did look it up, and I'm afraid it's not that simple.

What does that have to do with the fact that a minority of people are introverted socially and the subsequent reaction others have towards that? People aren't psychologist administering tests at social engagements. They pidgeonhole people they meet. They're going to either say "Oh this person is outgoing and bubbly, I like them." or "this person is quiet and shy and unconfident and no fun" or maybe even "This person is just weird and "creepy. I'm going to tell all 10,000 of my friends about him being weird and some of them will tell other people too!". This is what I was getting at. While the introverted person is probably just standing there thinking, "wow everyone is talking and having fun..".

thehappycynic
What does that have to do with the fact that a minority of people are introverted socially and the subsequent reaction others have towards that?

The point is that what you are stating is NOT fact. According to the Myers-Briggs information, it's about equal. And that Extrovert and Introvert and not singular categories.

Where can we read the data you offered claiming that "75 percent of the population is extroverted"?

The point is that what you are stating is NOT fact. According to the Myers-Briggs information, it's about equal. And that Extrovert and Introvert and not singular categories.

Where can we read the data you offered claiming that "75 percent of the population is extroverted"?

I said 25% of the population is introverted so 75% of the population is more extraverted then someone who falls into the intoverted category. I don't remember where I read this estimate but it seems to be fairly acurrate. I don't care to debate with you as how you debate is not in my tastes.

thehappycynic
I said 25% of the population is introverted so 75% of the population is more extraverted then someone who falls into the intoverted category. I don't remember where I read this estimate but it seems to be fairly acurrate. I don't care to debate with you as how you debate is not in my tastes.

Yes, i can see how you wouldn't enjoy this kind of "debate." It's much more difficult to make a point with actual facts than with a biased opinion. Not much fun at all.

Yes, i can see how you wouldn't enjoy this kind of "debate." It's much more difficult to make a point with actual facts than with a biased opinion. Not much fun at all.

Oh the biased opinion argument huh? Why don't you prove that 25% or some small percentage of the populace isn't introverted? I guess if someone writes something you agree with it's not biased or opinion but if someone writes something you disagree with it is biased and opinion. You're kind of proving my point about people being intolerant of differences aren't you ;)?

I can see why introverts can feel overwhelmed by extroverts but should people, regardless of "vert" type, denigrate the other by making mass assumptions without making individualized judgment calls? I dunno...

No, they shouldn't.

I think most people sit somewhere between. Myself, it's reliant on how I feel as at that point in time, whether I feel like being social or feel like needing my own space.

I agree. I have my introverted moments, but at my core I'm definitely an extro-.

Right, right! I often wonder what causes people to choose one method over the other...

As for extroverts being dangerous, if you look at the high school shootings, they've all been introverted types. Emotions hidden or suppressed, sometimes explodes in frightening ways.

Very true, and very scary indeed!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
thehappycynic
Oh the biased opinion argument huh? Why don't you prove that 25% or some small percentage of the populace isn't introverted?

I just proved your "facts" wrong with the link, above. Then I asked you for a link that proves your facts right. You haven't provided that yet.

I just proved your "facts" wrong with the link, above. Then I asked you for a link that proves your facts right. You haven't provided that yet.

You proved that some percentage near 25% aren't consider to be introverted socially with that one link? Uh OK believe what you want.

Again, for the nearly one millionth time, members have gotten way, way off topic as a thread has progressed. I hope everybody got something out of this. Best wishes for encountering the most bubbly guys and gals in your area from the bubbliest moderator on the bubbliest Internet forum site. Thread closed to future bubbles!

Bubbly yours,

Tony