Do most men like bubbly women?

shadowplay

• Author

Men are simple creatures, men want an easy life, we don't like complexity

I hope that's not true.

I'm guessing by "bubbly" you're referring to types like Hefner's "Girls Next Door" and the like. There's nothing wrong with being more Janet and less Chrissy if you know what I mean. And if you're not the bubbly type, then you certainly wouldn't want the guy that's into that type of girl.

Bubbly women by my definition have no depth. That is what I mean by bubbly. I get the sense we're talking about two different types of people.

Well you have your own private, judgmental definition of bubbly then.

I think you need to get over yourself. I believe that is what is repelling men and they are going toward women who actually are so into themselves.

Well, I'm not attracted to bubbly people. I like people who are balanced -- not too negative or positive. And I disagree that women are attracted to bubbly guys. In fact the only guys I've met who could be termed "bubbly" are usually gay. There's a difference between outgoing and bubbly. One can be outgoing and not bubbly.

I got to say you couldn't be more wrong. The guys that do best with women tend to be on the bubbly even as you defined it-overly postive and optimistic, superficial and fake too. There is not a big difference betwen being outgoing and bubbly other than semantics. You are getting into semantics. There's a big difference between being talkative and outgoing though. Some people are talkative but all they spew is negativity and judgements. That's not outgoing.

Cherry Blossom 35

More Janet, less Chrissy! I think you hit the nail on the head for this thread's definition of "bubbly." Janet was cooler anyhow.

I think you need to get over yourself. I believe that is what is repelling men and they are going toward women who actually are so into themselves.

I meant to say aren't so into themselves.

• Author
I'm guessing by "bubbly" you're referring to types like Hefner's "Girls Next Door" and the like. There's nothing wrong with being more Janet and less Chrissy if you know what I mean. And if you're not the bubbly type, then you certainly wouldn't want the guy that's into that type of girl.

Sort of but if they were somewhat smart.

• Author

And you call me judgmental? Sheesh....:lmao:

Trialbyfire

1. Depth does not equal depressing subjects.
  2. Bubbly doesn't equal stupid or superficial.
  3. Positive energy does equal good, for everyone.

• Author

1. Depth does not equal depressing subjects.
  2. Bubbly doesn't equal stupid or superficial.
  3. Positive energy does equal good, for everyone.

When did I say depth equals depressing? Depth equals seeing nuance and not black or white, positive or negative. Somebody who is exclusively positive is just as shallow as someone who is only negative.

You basically stated that women who are bubbly have no depth and are not intelligent. A few women on here have stated they are bubbly.

You were being honest with your opinion; I was being honest with mine.

And you call me judgmental? Sheesh....:lmao:
  • Author
You basically stated that women who are bubbly have no depth and are not intelligent. A few women on here have stated they are bubbly.

You were being honest with your opinion; I was being honest with mine.

There's a difference between what I did and what you're doing (making a pointed character attack). If you continue, I will alert the mods. You're out of line.

When did I say depth equals depressing? Depth equals seeing nuance and not black or white, positive or negative. Somebody who is exclusively positive is just as shallow as someone who is only negative.

And I told you most people male or female don't particular care for getting into things that are in depth and don't care for thinking and talking about anything negative. But some guys don't mind. If anything I would say there's maybe more guys than girls that aren't overly optimistic and who are interested going in depth into things. They're usually considered nerds and geeks or lonesome losers though. What are you complaining about?

That is way off topic. What is your deal?

It's not off-topic because you made the statement that men go for bubbly women. You are certainly not starving for male attention. You are not bubbly (so you state).

So I was making the point that some guys DO go for non-bubbly women.

• Author
And I told you most people male or female don't particular care for getting into things that are in depth and don't care for thinking and talking about anything negative. But some guys don't mind. If anything I would say there's maybe more guys than girls that aren't overly optimistic and who are interested going in depth into things. They're usually considered nerds and geeks or lonesome losers though. What are you complaining about?

Well, I appreciate your perspective. I was responding to some of the other posters. I love nerds! :love:

I hope that's not true.

In terms of finding a woman and settling with a woman, I doubt any man will want major complexities, it's a complete headache and one I think humans could do without.

If you're talking about current affairs, then it depends on the individual, I personally show depth in the things that interest me and the things I have a underlining passion for, I guess everyone is like that, though.

I think she means ditzy, people who have no opinions of their own, people are generally de-attached from the world and live in cloud cookoo land. I think Shawdowplay has used the wrong description here, at least I hope she has otherwise she hasn't a scooby doo about what bubbly defines.

Cherry Blossom 35

Who are these people who are so super-positive, happy, and in denial about the world? Who don't see nuance or shades of gray? I can't say I know anyone who fits that definition. Maybe you need some new hang-outs, meet some cooler people. Men and women.

OK, you have two guys who want to f**k you - your boyfriend and his best friend. These two guys are obviously drawn to you. Not lots of women have a guy and his best friend fighting over them. How is it that bubbly women are getting the guys? You have two!

Really she has two guys right now anyway? Again what is the complaint? A lot of people on here complain for the sake of complaining and don't even have a legitimate complaint. Now, these 2 guys have a legitimate complaint :laugh:.

• Author
You're just bitter against these women for some reason, then again I have been unhappy a few times and almost became resentful of people who always seemed happy.

And it's actually harder to be happy and content then it is to be miserable and depressing. It's easy to fall into the trap of wallowing in one's negative emotions, it's harder to pick yourself up, and dust yourself up and keep on walking with a hopeful heart and a cute smile.

Bitterness, depression and misery has no depth, in fact it's a complete waste of our time.

Again you're skewing my words and misconstruing my point. The Fonz seems to be the only one who gets what I am saying.

• Author
Really she has two guys right now anyway? Again what is the complaint? A lot of people on here complain for the sake of complaining and don't even have a legitimate complaint. Now, these 2 guys have a legitimate complaint :laugh:.

Doesn't mean I haven't struggled with this issue in the past or won't again in the future.

Regardless of the OP's personal situation, the philosophical discussion does have merit. It goes to perception and how we view each other as people.

My wife and I are polar opposites in this regard, so I'm reading here with interest :)

Whoa...have a piece of pizza and miss 10 posts :D

Again you're skewing my words and misconstruing my point. The Fonz seems to be the only one who gets what I am saying.

I really don't think that people exist who have no depth. Maybe some act cheerful all the time or don't talk about anything with too much substance in their lives, but I don't know if alot of people would share alot of their lives with acqaintences or people who arent close friends.

Well it's pretty hard to understand what you are saying when you are using a definition you clearly do not understand. A lot of men prefer to live life and emotions rather than sit down and discuss them, a bubbly, outgoing person is more likely going to show them then a hermit who writes personal journals with all the depth of a Tolstoy classic.

• Author
Well it's pretty hard to understand what you are saying when you are using a definition you clearly do not understand. A lot of men prefer to live life and emotions rather than sit down and discuss them, a bubbly, outgoing person is more likely going to show them then a hermit who writes personal journals with all the depth of a Tolstoy classic.

I get the sense this is another thinly-veiled personal attack. Don't call me a "hermit" when you don't know me from Eve. Leave your emotions and judgments at the door. I find it interesting that you and others are calling me judgmental when you keep attacking my character and I haven't attacked any of yours. Don't you see you're being just as judgmental and catty as you accuse me of being?

I don't go for guys who aren't reflective or observant about the world, and just want to have fun all the time. I like going out and doing things, but I also enjoy more introspective and private activities.

Edited by shadowplay