Countdown - How long till you see your SO?

It's only been a month since we said our goodbyes at the airport and it'll be another 5.5 months until we're reunited - but for good. I'm applying for residency for his country as soon as I receive his paperwork and if all goes well, we can build a home starting March 2009.

Planning a life together seems so natural. What I look forward to the most is just sharing everyday things. I didn't think it was possible to have this ...

To those of you in doubt (like I was before) ... it's possible. It's sooo possible!

rollercoasterr...its so weird...i believe we both started our countdown on july 30th when it was about 72 days away when our guys come home on october 10th...thats such a coincidence! but i am glad that we are going thru the EXACT same thing together! LOL:):cool:

you must be soo excited...i think the first few days after your someone special leaves and the few days before they come home are the worst!!!

I know, so true.

He is 5 hours away, I am going to see him for the first time (he has come to see me before this, but my first time going.) :) But only for the weekend, I go on friday and come back sunday. :( We both have school. Grrrrr. But I am seeing him after a month...yay. :)

Rollercoasterr

Nicole, we did have the same countdown. :)

Mine got moved up a day since the airfares will be cheaper, so it's 17 days for me!!!!!!

I'm so excited, can't wait to see him, hold him, kiss him, everything! :love:

Rollercoasterr

16 more days until we spend the weekend together in Vermont. I can't wait!!!

646 until we say "I do". :):love:

those 646 days will go by sooo fast...thats less than two years away. hopefully you wont be missing your sweetie during that time and will be able to be with him. how much longer will you be in your LDR, rollercoasterr?

16 days for both of us :)

Rollercoasterr
those 646 days will go by sooo fast...thats less than two years away. hopefully you wont be missing your sweetie during that time and will be able to be with him. how much longer will you be in your LDR, rollercoasterr?

16 days for both of us :)

Since he is from Canada and I am from the U.S., it will be 646 days until the LDR ends officially. I can only stay in Canada for up to 6 months, and since I'm a student I'll have to work and go to school, which wouldn't be possible. I am, however, moving to Vermont to go to school, which will mean that we will only be a little less than 2 hours away from each other. That's a whole lot better than the 15 hours separating us now. If we make friends with the border people we might get to see each other pretty often.

The original plan was for me to go home with him on October 10th and stay until I start school in Jan, but since the U.S. takes so long to get replacement birth certificates out to people, it doesn't look like that's going to happen. When I was born my B.C was lost in the hospital, so I've never had one. Which means no passport, a terrible time getting my license, and now this. Just sucks. :(

These 646 days left actually seem like it's going to go by too fast. We have so much paperwork to fill out and so many things to get done that somehow it doesn't seem like there's going to be enough time, lol.

When I was born my B.C was lost in the hospital, so I've never had one. Which means no passport, a terrible time getting my license, and now this. Just sucks. :(

These 646 days left actually seem like it's going to go by too fast. We have so much paperwork to fill out and so many things to get done that somehow it doesn't seem like there's going to be enough time, lol.

Wow, how long have you been waiting for your birth certificate for? That is good that you are thinking positively, those 646 (almost 645!!) days will go by fast...almost too fast!!! I hope you get everything done in time, but you probably will! :) Paperwork with the goverment CONSTANTLY keeps you on your toes!

Rollercoasterr

Since I never had TOO much of a problem before(I never go overseas, and all the DMV needed was a letter from the hospital saying that I was born), I never requested it myself. Mom said she did, but I'm not sure about that. So far we've been waiting 2 months for it to come in.