Cali,

I agree with you.

Everyone has insecurites or perceived flaws that may seem less then 'ideal' to them or others.

It is how we deal with those insecurites that define our character.

That goes for everyone.

I think a guy under 5'10" is short, and I'm not attracted to little guys like that. Even if they try to bulk themselves up in the gym and grow wider, they are still short. I do find that a LOT of guys who are well under 5'10" like to claim they are this height, even when they are anywhere from 5'4" - 5'9". I think 5'10" in considered an "acceptable" male height. But for me, ideal guy height is 6'1" - 6'3", even though I am 5'6" (but always in very high heels).

I'm 5'3".

I would consider a man "short" if he was 5'4" or less.

I'm not into "tall" guys (over 6').

Somewhere in the middle is nice for me.

Me too! I second that! :)

I think a guy under 5'10" is short, and I'm not attracted to little guys like that. Even if they try to bulk themselves up in the gym and grow wider, they are still short. I do find that a LOT of guys who are well under 5'10" like to claim they are this height, even when they are anywhere from 5'4" - 5'9". I think 5'10" in considered an "acceptable" male height. But for me, ideal guy height is 6'1" - 6'3", even though I am 5'6" (but always in very high heels).

I wonder, Jilly, if a man passed you over because he felt your breast were too small, would you be OK with that?

I'm just curious. If a woman passes me over because I am 2" shy of 6', I certainly think it's her loss.

When you judge a man based on his height, it's no different than a man rejecting a woman based on bra size. They're both physical attributes that in no way measure the person as a whole.

Something to chew on.

Merry Christmas :)

I'm sure she doesn't get out a tape measure when she meets a guy. I'm fine with women having preferences with respect to height, hair, eyes, race, weight, whatever. Because I have them, too. I'm just glad there are some women out there who would actually dig me as I am. I'm glad they don't all have the same specification. And I hope whoever I'm with likes how I look, because my personality is not always that wonderful.

I'm 6'3" but I would have a problem dating a girl who was more than a foot shorter than me. I would have to get down on my knees to kiss her :laugh:

Citizen Erased
I'm 6'3" but I would have a problem dating a girl who was more than a foot shorter than me. I would have to get down on my knees to kiss her :laugh:

Damn that counts me out then.

I'm only 5 ft 3 (give or take half an inch according to the time of day) so most men are taller than me. I don't have an issue about male height other than that I once dated a guy who was slightly over 6 ft 4" - which made me feel ridiculous. Like some sort of pygmy. At the same time, other men did seem to methaphorically (as well as literally) look up to him...which was sort of a turn on. Ultimately, though, I'm more concerned with what I think of a man than with what everyone else thinks of him. I certainly wouldn't be put off a guy just because he was on the short side. It's just a different brand of appealing.

I wonder, Jilly, if a man passed you over because he felt your breast were too small, would you be OK with that?

As someone who isn't greatly endowed in the boob department, I can answer that. If the guy concerned was someone I'd developed a romantic interest in, I'd be disappointed but I'd accept that we weren't compatible. I have some male acquaintances who only like women with big boobs. That's just their personal taste, and I don't hold it against them. It just means they're in the friends zone rather than the romantic possibilities one.

The way you look is part of your overall persona. I'm sure if I'd grown up with 38DD breasts I'd be very pleased with them, but as I didn't and as they're not part of who I am, I don't want them. I can joke about wanting great big bouncing bosoms, but in truth I don't think they'd suit me.

If someone offered you the opportunity to wake up tomorrow 4 inches taller than you are just now, would you take it? If you would, then you're probably never going to be okay with being passed over by a woman for being less than 6 ft tall. If, on the other hand, you thought about it carefully and decided "I'd rather be me, albeit perhaps with a smaller pool of women who are interested in me, than alter myself in order to please a greater number of people" ....well, then you'd probably not be overly bothered by being passed over by a woman because she preferred taller men. You'd hold out for the woman who liked you as you are, rather than you if you were just a few inches taller. That's the woman you'd have a greater chance of happiness with, no?

Edited by lindya
As someone who isn't greatly endowed in the boob department, I can answer that. If the guy concerned was someone I'd developed a romantic interest in, I'd be disappointed but I'd accept that we weren't compatible. I have some male acquaintances who only like women with big boobs. That's just their personal taste, and I don't hold it against them. It just means they're in the friends zone rather than the romantic possibilities one.

Good perspective. At the same time, this is how men who are shorter than 6' perceive women who reject them as "not being tall enough." The basis for rejection is purely physical and to me at least it says "This person sees me for what I am, not WHO I am, and it's purely their loss."

The way you look is part of your overall persona. I'm sure if I'd grown up with 38DD breasts I'd be very pleased with them, but as I didn't and as they're not part of who I am, I don't want them. I can joke about wanting great big bouncing bosoms, but in truth I don't think they'd suit me.

You know, most women I know with DDs hate them. They may look appealing to some but for the ones dealing with them on a daily basis they are an annoyance, not a blessing.

If someone offered you the opportunity to wake up tomorrow 4 inches taller than you are just now, would you take it? If you would, then you're probably never going to be okay with being passed over by a woman for being less than 6 ft tall. If, on the other hand, you thought about it carefully and decided "I'd rather be me, albeit perhaps with a smaller pool of women who are interested in me, than alter myself in order to please a greater number of people" ....well, then you'd probably not be overly bothered by being passed over by a woman because she preferred taller men. You'd hold out for the woman who liked you as you are, rather than you if you were just a few inches taller. That's the woman you'd have a greater chance of happiness with, no?

I actually think I am the perfect height. Not too tall, not too short. This is the way the Good Lord made me and He doesn't make mistakes. That is why I am so adamant about people who would reject me based on my height. Those who have come to know me know that the true measure of a man (or woman) isn't what is on the outside, but on the inside.

And yes, I am holdiing out for the one who sees me for who I am and not what I am. That is why at my age I am still single. I will not give myself to anyone who sees me based their own perception of what is or is not a man :)

Cheers :)

I'm a little under 5'1...so I am quite tiny. My SO is under 6'...barely. He's 5'11. My exH was only 5'7". I have no problem dating men who are under 6'. IME when I date tall guys, the sexual mechanics don't work out well.

There are plenty of tiny women out there who don't mind a guy who is less than 6'.

I once dated a guy who was 6'5" and we looked ridiculous together. He was a giant with hands like a great big bunch of bananas and I looked like I was his child.

You know, most women I know with DDs hate them. They may look appealing to some but for the ones dealing with them on a daily basis they are an annoyance, not a blessing.

Um, as a woman who is blessed (yes, blessed) with 34DD's (natural), I wouldn't trade them for anything. Women spend a lot of money in our culture to achieve this "look" and my good fortune does not go unappreciated. I'm not sure what your friends would find "annoying" about a body part - lol. Yes, they can be painful at times, and certainly cause a degree of (isolated) back and neck pain from time to time, but I have to disagree and say that I ADORE my big boobies. They are, actually, much like my Spanish. Just enough to get me in trouble, but not enough to get me out. :)

And as far as the attraction issue, Caliguy, I can't change what qualifiers someone uses for attraction, me included. That is our personal hardwiring. If someone isn't into me because I am *too* booby, or too brunette, or too tall, then so be it. I certainly wouldn't try to force him to like me for my personality, even when we both know I do not meet his physical tastes. Nor would I try to guilt him into thinking it's "his loss" for not being attracted to me. Why bother? There are plenty more out there who WILL like you for who you are, and how you look. Likewise, if I am dismissing a guy because I am not attracted to short men, then so be it. I have no problem dating guys who are bald (or balding), or a little poochie, etc., but the height thing is just a total turn-off for me. We all have our gray areas of attraction, and our black and whites. And though I have many criteria that can roam in the gray area depending on how appealing I find a man, height for me falls into the black and white category, I'm afraid.

Um, as a woman who is blessed (yes, blessed) with 34DD's (natural), I wouldn't trade them for anything. Women spend a lot of money in our culture to achieve this "look" and my good fortune does not go unappreciated. I'm not sure what your friends would find "annoying" about a body part - lol. Yes, they can be painful at times, and certainly cause a degree of (isolated) back and neck pain from time to time, but I have to disagree and say that I ADORE my big boobies. They are, actually, much like my Spanish. Just enough to get me in trouble, but not enough to get me out. :)

My friends who are well endowed up top say they bring mostly unwanted attention. There are also issue due to aging that need not be said :)

And as far as the attraction issue, Caliguy, I can't change what qualifiers someone uses for attraction, me included. That is our personal hardwiring. If someone isn't into me because I am *too* booby, or too brunette, or too tall, then so be it. I certainly wouldn't try to force him to like me for my personality, even when we both know I do not meet his physical tastes. Nor would I try to guilt him into thinking it's "his loss" for not being attracted to me. Why bother? There are plenty more out there who WILL like you for who you are, and how you look. Likewise, if I am dismissing a guy because I am not attracted to short men, then so be it. I have no problem dating guys who are bald (or balding), or a little poochie, etc., but the height thing is just a total turn-off for me. We all have our gray areas of attraction, and our black and whites. And though I have many criteria that can roam in the gray area depending on how appealing I find a man, height for me falls into the black and white category, I'm afraid.

Not arguing what constitutes physical attraction or not. All I am saying is if you make height an issue when deciding who to date, it's no different than a man saying "no thanks, your hooters are too big/small", etc. I'm simply making some correlations to how men feel when they are rejected based on their height. I imagine if I have been rejected based on my height no one has ever told me that. But if they did, I can say with some degree of certaintly that they eventually regretted it :)

And I agree, if you're happy and content with who you are then if someone does reject you based on one or more of your physical attributes it's definitely their loss. I look at it this way: If I am rejected based on a physical attribute of mine, it's one more person out of the way of me meeting Ms. Right :)

LOL. Ah yes, the sag of nature. From what I hear though, even fakies will sag over the years, so you're kinda doomed either way. For sure they can bring some unwanted attention at times - just all depends on how you dress them up before you take them out. ;)

I guess I don't agree with the whole "it's your loss" mentality. To me, that is something people tell themselves to ease rejection. If a man were to reject me for anything physical, I would just feel that we were not a match. End of story. The person I want to be with is stimulated and turned on by the whole package of me - physically, emotionally, mentally, etc.

And I wouldn't say I make a conscious effort to DQ short men. Look, our desires in physical attraction really comes down to basic biological hardwiring, going back to prehistoric times. Women were then, as they are now, viewed in society to be more "feminine" or "attractive" if they have an hour glass figure - big boobs, small waist, big hips. Reason being they give off a look of being fertile, and a man (biologically) is attracted to a woman who can carry his seed and bear children. Same reason women were then, as they are now, overall more attracted to taller, broad-shouldered men with angular jaw lines. They convey the look of being good hunters, providers, and able to defend a tribe.

But agreed for sure if someone is not digging all of you, then please do step aside as they are blocking someone else's view! ;)

Let's see... I'm about 5' 11" 215 with a broad build, think linebacker. My ex wife was 5' 100 lbs and petite. We did sometimes get some strange looks... it wasn't an issue until I let myself go and gained a lot of weight... Made certain things uncomfortable for her. Dang I hate admiting that but c'est la vie. I'm in really good shape now though.

I've always preferred petite women. I have to admit I like the way my body and my petite exes bodies fit.The woman I'm dating now is just about my height.. about 5' 9 - 5' 10 so there you go it's preference only.

Edited by sumdude

When I look back at the men I've dated or had relationships with, most have been 6' and over. Sometimes you can't help what you're attracted to. Using that same logic, attaction is just that. A guy being less than 6', still attracts me. Do we have chemistry? If the answer is yes, then, any superficial criteria is off. I have yet to figure out what causes chemistry but when it happens...zowie!! :laugh::love:

I guess I don't agree with the whole "it's your loss" mentality. To me, that is something people tell themselves to ease rejection. If a man were to reject me for anything physical, I would just feel that we were not a match. End of story. The person I want to be with is stimulated and turned on by the whole package of me - physically, emotionally, mentally, etc.

I agree, "it's your loss" seems so bitter, it's nothing personal, how could it be, you haven't even got to know each other.

Say I was approached by a guy and I would say: "sorry I'm not attracted to men", why would that make it "my loss"? Because, obviously it really isn't.

Some things you know at forehand won't work for you... and the first thing you look at is looks.

If you want to approach the whole matter in this sort of way it would be better to say: "my gain", because, as CaliGuy said, you're that much closer to your true love.

This has always been an insecurity of mine. When I first started dating around age 14, I was about 5", had a GF about the same height. By time I was 18, I think I was only 5'5". I didn't get many dates then, but there were plenty of girls around my height and shorter. Never dated anyone taller than myself (except the X wearing 4" heals). I'm 5'8" and still feel pretty intimidated by taller women. Don't think I'd let that stop me, but I'm really more attracted to petite women anyway. *shrug*

When I first started dating around age 14, I was about 5", had a GF about the same height. By time I was 18, I think I was only 5'5".

Well a five foot growth spurt is pretty remarkable. :D

LOL. Ah yes, the sag of nature. From what I hear though, even fakies will sag over the years, so you're kinda doomed either way. For sure they can bring some unwanted attention at times - just all depends on how you dress them up before you take them out. ;)

What annoys me is when women dress with them sticking out and then get angry when men gawk at them. Duh. What did you expect?

It's only to ease rejection "IF" you are insecure. If you are confident and secure, you don't even let it phase you at all. The "it's their loss" mentality normally eminates from people who are secure in themselves. If they have to say it out loud, to themselves or others, then it could be construed as being insecure.

I tend to graviate much more to personalites than I do physical attributes. Maybe it's because I know looks fade over time but personalities tend to last a lifetime.

And I wouldn't say I make a conscious effort to DQ short men. Look, our desires in physical attraction really comes down to basic biological hardwiring, going back to prehistoric times. Women were then, as they are now, viewed in society to be more "feminine" or "attractive" if they have an hour glass figure - big boobs, small waist, big hips. Reason being they give off a look of being fertile, and a man (biologically) is attracted to a woman who can carry his seed and bear children. Same reason women were then, as they are now, overall more attracted to taller, broad-shouldered men with angular jaw lines. They convey the look of being good hunters, providers, and able to defend a tribe.

I don't really agree with this simply because the human mind is not bound by "hardwiring". This is the sort of mentality (and I am not saying it about you in particular) that has it's roots in neanderthal-ish thinking (if that in and of itself is not an oxymoron).

If you take a good, hard look at couples walking around the mall you'll see so many odd combinations that completely defy the "primal instict" mentality. It's not look that ultimately attract us to one another. It's how that person makes you FEEL. And looks come secondary in the long run to personality.

Come walk the mall with me sometime. I can give you a hundred examples of this first hand.

But agreed for sure if someone is not digging all of you, then please do step aside as they are blocking someone else's view! ;)

That's where I am coming from. If someone doesn't dig me for who I am, then get the heck out of my way. You're blocking Ms. Right :)