burning 4 revenge
I'm just like you and everyone else. Some women think I am "pretty" and some do not. The same goes for you.

Do you really want to be with someone who will judge you on your height? Of course not, so don't let it get to you.

I don't let it get to me, but its one example of the many double standards in society applied to men that Tan is referring to

I don't let it get to me, but its one example of the many double standards in society applied to men that Tan is referring to

I agree that it is there. Let someone yell at you and call you shallow for not dating a girl because of some superficial reason and then throw the height card back at them.

How tall are you?

burning 4 revenge
That seems like a good height to me. You could always were shoes that make you a little bit taller.

I don't wear high heels

I don't wear high heels

I knew that would come back on me.

I'm not talking about wearing high heels. There's inserts you can buy that can make you a little bit taller. I'm not talking about anything drastic.

I'm not talking about wearing high heels. There's inserts you can buy that can make you a little bit taller. I'm not talking about anything drastic.

There are these things called "elevator shoes" or whatever that can give a guy up to 3-5 inches in height.

I use to get so furious when I got turned down and looked down upon because of my height. Perhaps thats why there is a UFC.

It only bothers me if the girl is mean about it. And then I just harp on some physical feature of hers because I'm vindictive like that. :D

List to her on this one B4R. Without them, she wasn't allowed on any Cedar point rides.

I dated a woman who was my height (5'8) for a while and she constantly made snide comments about my height.

She said she missed being with a man as tall as her husband (6'2), that being with someone taller made her feel more feminine.

I would have dumped her right there had she said that to me.

:lmao: I also feel the same way,if my man is short i feel like he is not a man and strong enought for me.

anyway; to be a strong man, it is not base on how he look or how tall he is.:D

AriaIncognito

This thread interested me because my most recent ex is the first guy i've ever dated that was shorter than me (and I'm only 5'4"). He was only slightly shorter, but he weighed a bit less and that felt weird to me. I think women need to feel "safe" in their mans arms and it definitely takes more time to feel "safe" with a guy that's smaller than you.

I dont have a height requirement really. I've dated from like 5 3 to 6 3. Nothing premeditated. I do tend to prefer men to be at least 5-6 inches taller, just personal preference, but I've never dismissed a guy based on height.

I fell hardest in my life for the guy that was shorter than me. So, I learned that books definitely shouldn't be judged by their covers. I never thought I'd fall for him, not in a million years.

Of course sometimes I wish I hadn't, but that's neither here nor there... :laugh:

Height is simply a mind over matter thing. If you don't mind, it don't matter. I've had women my height (5'10") call me short. I just laugh. If you see someone for their height and judge them merely based on outward appearances, you've got issues.

I've seen short men with tall women, tall men with short women and everything in between. But what I have learned is if your height doesn't bother you, it won't bother anyone else.

Totally agree. I am 5' 7" and my gf is 5' 8". She calls me shorty and we laugh and enjoy each other ;)no matter that when she wears heels she is 1/2 a head taller than me. It's all good!!!!!

Have you ever noticed that even women who are short (5'2ish) often want guys over 5'10?

It's ridiculous

Ipanca and Riddler ya'll are so funny! :) Actually a sense of humor is better than height!

Anyways, I do confess Burning 4 Revenge my favorite height for a guy is my boyfriend's height - 5'11'' I am 5'2''. He has a great sense of humor too :) The reason i like his height is because i like where i fit in comparision to him, if that makes any sense... He is also very handsome. :) and sweet and gentlemanly and responsible and intelligent and mysterious and intriguing and I could go on and on... but all those things have nothing to do with height.

But height and looks arent the main factors, what is more important to me is shared beliefs and chemistry, and yeah his sense of humor. :)

Ipanca and Riddler ya'll are so funny! :) Actually a sense of humor is better than height!

Anyways, I do confess Burning 4 Revenge my favorite height for a guy is my boyfriend's height - 5'11'' I am 5'2''. He has a great sense of humor too :) The reason i like his height is because i like where i fit in comparision to him, if that makes any sense... He is also very handsome. :) and sweet and gentlemanly and responsible and intelligent and mysterious and intriguing and I could go on and on... but all those things have nothing to do with height.

But height and looks arent the main factors, what is more important to me is shared beliefs and chemistry, and yeah his sense of humor. :)

Yeah, sometimes I need to crack the whip at IpAncA, but she's learning.

Oh look...we have a fan. Woo hoo....more attention for Ip.

Oh get over yourself, which shouldn't be a problem considering your height.:laugh:

Oh get over yourself, which shouldn't be a problem considering your height.:laugh:

:laugh:

Omg...get this though...I had a group picture taken of a bunch of us last night and I'm the SHORTEST! :laugh: I didn't even realize it until I see the big picture.

:laugh:

Omg...get this though...I had a group picture taken of a bunch of us last night and I'm the SHORTEST! :laugh: I didn't even realize it until I see the big picture.

:lmao::lmao:

Every picture is big to you.

Short: < 5'10"

Tall: > 6'2"

But it's all about perception.

And I happen to like short girls (< 5'8" )

I'm 6'4"

My sister is 5'10"

My male friends are all 6'-6'4"