separated in the same house; would wife come around

First off? You're own worst enemy in all of this? You and not her are the one that's making this difficult on yourself.

When you told her that you and she were done ~ outstanding ~ simply outstanding ~ that's the first step toward getting your life and your sanity back.

No, it does not look good at all. She is an exceptional person: very bright, with a great sense of humor, quite brave in many ways, very good looking, very giving, loving, and a very good mother. I just can't imagine meeting a woman of this caliber in life.

Men and women are people, and they come in all shapes, sizes, forms, and fashion ~ even color. There are all kinds of different women out there (and men) There are 3.5 billion women in the world!

To me? That's part of her problem! She thinks she's all that and then some.

I've pretty much giving up on dating women that are so-called "10's" Most of them ~ but not all ~ don't have there heads screwed on right and think they can have any man they want ~ anytime they want ~ but the soon learn that most men are afraid to to approach them and of the one's that do they turn out to be sex-crazed jerks. (I do know one that is all that and then some, drop dead gorgeous who's got her head together and very happily married. LOL ~ she told me once, "I almost look forward to getting older so men will quit hitting on me!")

And hold the freaking Hell up on walking out with just two suit cases? No! You worked hard to get what you've got, and your going to need at least a bed to sleep in even if it doesn't have a headboard. Even if its nothing but a bedframe and mattress set. And your going to need a pot to cook in, etc.

What this is? Is your trying to hang your azz up on a "lover's cross!" Don't do it. At least get and take the fundamental basics that you're going to need to set up a new househould that you can have your children over with you and spend the night? So if you don't do it for yourself, then do it for your children.

IMHO? There are a per centage of women that are looking for a man that will work himself into an early grave ~ while they work some half-azz "whatever" job, or no job what-so-ever.

Since having been out here in civilian la~la land ~ I've meet endless number of women that are looking for a man to take care of them and so they can be a so-called "traditional" wife ~ aka ~ lay-up-on-their-dead-ass, lay in the road, spending your hard earned money on a bunch of HSN or QVC crap!

Rule No.#1 in "Gunny-land"

"I work ~ everyone capable of working ~ works!

I'm at a point in life to where I don't need a spouse working to pay the bills and meet the necessities of life! But if I ever get married again? The wife is going to have to find her happy-azz a job!

I wouldn't care what she did with "her" money ~ in so long as she's not spending my money on unicorne figuries and such. :mad:

Sounds like to me? The DW has a bit of "Princess" mentality and she's thinking that she can "gut" you, and walk a way and find some sucker that capable and willing to keep in the lifestyle to which she would like to become accusomted to.

I? Like a lot of people had a "jaded" view of the world? But since having retired from the Marine Corps? I've got myself one HELL of an education I'm here to tell you!

My last LTR GF ~ a school teacher ~ that I was with for six and half years told me: "You've lived a sheltered live for the last twenty years!"

I got seriously PO'd! :mad:

"You think doing 20 years in the Marine Corps was easy!"

I got my happy-azz out here in civilian la~la land?

Man! I just didn't know!

I used to be a production supervisior at a millwork plant. They employed the the bottom rung of society.

"School To Work" (14 years of high school ~ no diploma) ~ "Welfare to Work" (20+ years on welfare and got kicked off the welfare rolls) "Work-Release (Inmates about to be paroled from prision)

I learned a lot from these people!

~ All anyone wants and needs is to be respected by others!

~ People of all walks of life respect people that respect them as people!

~ You can get by a lot ~ on just a little!

~ Treating people the way you want to be treated if your were them ~ goes a long ways!

~ Treating people as if they were you ~ goes a long way!

~ You want respect? Give respect!

~ Always remeber? But for the Grace of Almighty God? There go I?!

One of the greatest lesson I learned from the inmates that worked for on "work-release?"

If you've got:

Your freedom?

Your health?

Your strength?

Your mobility?

Your ahead of the game!

Your winning the game of life!

What counts and matters in this life is how you treat people ~ relationships!

I told you about "Bill" ~ "Bill's" not going to make it past this weekend they tell me. He's only 48.

The last time I spoke to "Bill" he told me:

"When I'm gone, come visit my grave when you have problems and troubles!"

I told him, "Bill" you won't be there to hear me!"

He told me~ "I'll make a deal with you! You talk! I'll listen!"

RB, your wife keeps mentioning that she thinks you have another woman. This is my take on that - she is having trouble making a decision and if you were having an affair, she could say, 'that's it, it's over.' Not only would it allow her to end the relationship but she could do so without guilt because then she would get to play the victim. In other words, she would be justified in leaving you.

This is a common fantasy of women who want out of a marriage but are afraid of the social and financial consequences of doing so. It's so much easier to say 'the b@st@rd cheated on me so I had no alternative but to leave him' vs. 'I wasn't happy, so I left him.'

In addition, even though most states are no-fault, in some states (like mine) adultery can affect things like how much alimony is awarded. So if you are cheating, she could stand to get more or long-term alimony.

I know you're not cheating but I thought this might give you some understanding into why she keeps bringing this up. On the other hand, she may be letting her insecurities about your love drive this whole separation process and deep down she is leaving because she doesn't think you love her enough and, hence, you MUST be having an affair. Just some thoughts.

• Author
First off? You're own worst enemy in all of this? You and not her are the one that's making this difficult on yourself.

Many thanks. I could not understand what you mean by "You're own worst enemy in all of this? You and not her are the one that's making this difficult on yourself. "

• Author

My wife tells me that she loves me, but cannot live with me anymore.

Does this ring a bell? Love is obviously not enough.

Chrome Barracuda
My wife tells me that she loves me, but cannot live with me anymore.

Does this ring a bell? Love is obviously not enough.

LOL, Didnt you already tell her to get to steppin!!?!

Why is she being overly dramaitic. Now she's gonna start cheating and blame it on you, I swear these waywards they follow from the same damn script!

• Author

To me? That's part of her problem! She thinks she's all that and then some.

Yes!

I've pretty much giving up on dating women that are so-called "10's" Most of them ~ but not all ~ don't have there heads screwed on right

Mine is close to 10 with a lot of brain.

Sounds like to me? The DW has a bit of "Princess" mentality and she's thinking that she can "gut" you, and walk a way and find some sucker that capable and willing to keep in the lifestyle to which she would like to become accusomted to.

I heard the "Princes" word from a psychic about a month ago.

My last LTR GF ~ a school teacher ~ that I was with for six and half years told me: "You've lived a sheltered live for the last twenty years!"

I got seriously PO'd! :mad:

I would be very much PO'd.

Very nice posting!

• Author
LOL, Didnt you already tell her to get to steppin!!?!

Why is she being overly dramaitic. Now she's gonna start cheating and blame it on you, I swear these waywards they follow from the same damn script!

She tells me she has no feelings for me and will never have sex with me again. A few hours later I hear that she told a mutual friend that she loves me. As I said earlier, I am dealing with a confusing situation.

• Author

I feel I may not be 'getting it', but here is another issue.

My wife keeps talking about separation of assets on a daily basis.

I have told her to make a proposal for this and I will consider it. (I will also consult with my lawyer.)

I am thinking that if she wants so badly out, I will let her take the initiative plus the responsibilities and consequences.

Does this make sense as a strategy?

I think she is hoping that I will participate into this and take part of the responsibility, so she does not feel guilty.

I would see a lawyer and have him draw up an agreement between the two of you that is fair and get her to sign it. Get alawyer now and start preparing.

What I meant was you're the one that holds the keys to the chain that bind you! You're the one that has the solutions to your problems and the answers to the questions of your life.

You're the one that decides what to put in ~ and what to leave out of your life ~ not your wife. You're the one that responsible for your own personal happiness ~ not me, not your wife ~ not anyone else.

This crap is over the minute you decided you've had enough.

Being faithful, hard-working, bringing "home the bacon" dedicated to your wife and children ( and to her children by another man) combined with love ~ well we men think it should be enough?

But apparently its not? We (the "Reg's here) had a long drawn out discussion about that very subject. It got to the point that the "Mod's" locked it down. It went on and on ~ without any conclussion.

It seems to me in my personal opinion ~ that some people ( men and women) can never be sastified, pascified, made happy ~ yet they believe their personal happiness is your responsiblity as though God put you on the planet to do that very thing? And when you can't deliver the goods? They're out of here.

Still others think that they're suppose to "feel" the same way thrity years from now as they did when they first meet?

You come across to me as having a case of "NGS" ~ Nice Guy Syndrone? You don't seem like the type that wants to rock the boat ~ but in trying to avoid the very thing you fear ~ losing your wife and family ~ your making it happen.

Now? I've got to qualify that? That's coming from a guy who isn't afraid of living the rest of his life single and alone! I could give a rat's ass if I ever get married again ~ ever in another relationship. That's because I know who's responsible for making damn sure and certain I'm happy! And you can bet your last bottom dollar that its not some woman!

People come and go in your life ~ especially women and men and men and women (the same is true for both sexes)

All you can ever hope to accomplish in this life? Is to become and be the best you that you are and can become!

That's what relationships are about? Finding and becoming the best you that you are and can become!

Before you can find your so-called "soul-mate" ~ the "one" ~ you've got to find yourself. You've got to find out who and what you're all about!

Most of us? Don't do that! We do "A, B, C" and think the next logical conclusion is to do "D" ~ Get married and have children ~ all without never taking the time to find out who and what we are and are about!

Forget about fulfilling the emotional needs of another? Most of us don't even know what our own emotional needs are?

Most women I know? Are insecure about themselves, their lives, thier bodies? Why? Because of all the BS that's been shoved down thier throats by the media. On one hand their suppose to be good little girls and proper women, yadda~yadda. Then you have all the religious, cultural, and societial conditioning.

But the truth is? Women like sex ~ but they hate lousy sex! And the truth of the matter is? Most men are lousy at sex! They've never taken the time to learn what truly

"turns a woman on" They never comprehended that sex for a woman is more of a connection between their private parts and their brain ~ that goes back and forth, back and forth. And they hate being treated like a vaginal life support system ~ a piece of meat!

You can't make your wife respect you, but you can make sure that she doesn't dis-respect you!

Have you noticed that those times when you "manned-upped" that the wife sat up and paid attention? She doesn't want you to divorce her~ she wants you to "man-up" and quit being such a "nice guy!"

I'll even go so far as saying that when it comes to sex, that you tug her hair a little, get a little rough with her, maybe spank her, grab her azz cheeks hard dominate her somewhat etc.

I personally don't understand the appeal? But, I've been with more than a few women that find this appealing? :confused:

From the sound of it? It sounds as though your wife wants and needs you to be more dominant ~ and less submissive! The way you've described her? She's a hard-charging, self-supporting, independent, drop-dead-legs, hottie that needs someone who's not passive and doen't take "no" for an answer!

• Author

You're the one that decides what to put in ~ and what to leave out of your life ~ not your wife. You're the one that responsible for your own personal happiness ~ not me, you your wife ~ not anyone else.

Exactly correct. Wife believes that I am responsible for her unhappiness. I have told her several times that she should take care of her happiness.

Being faithful, hard-working, bringing "home the bacon" dedicated to your wife and children ( and to her children by another man) combined with love ~ well we men think it should be enough?

But apparently its not? We (the "Reg's here) had a long drawn out discussion about that very subject. It got to the point that the "Mod's" locked it down. It went on and on ~ without any conclussion.

It seems to me in my personal opinion ~ that some people ( men and women) can never be sastified, pasified, made happy ~ yet they believe their personal happiness is your responsiblity as though God put you on the planet to do that very thing? And when you can't deliver the goods? They're out of here.

True. No matter what, some people can never be made happy. They look for happiness "outside."

Before you can find your so-called "soul-mate" ~ the "one" ~ you've got to find yourself. You've got to find out who and what you're all about!

Yes. Finding your true self can be quite difficult. I don't think I have found myself yet.

Forget about fulfilling the emotional needs of another? Most of us don't even know what our own emotional needs are?

Yes. Many books talk about fulfilling emotional needs of a partner, but it is not that easy to figure them out in the first place.

Most women I know? Are insecure about themselves, their lives, thier bodies? Why? Because of all the BS that's been shoved down thier throats by the media. On one hand their suppose to be good little girls and proper women, yadda~yadda. Then you have all the religious, cultural, and societial conditioning.

I believe this too. I find my wife insecure, but at the same time she is a very strong woman in her beliefs and actions. I would say showing jealousy all the time, even when it is over, is a sign of insecurity.

But the truth is? Women like sex ~ but they hate lousy sex! And the truth of the matter is? Most men are lousy at sex! They've never taken the time to learn what truly

"turns a woman on" They never comprehended that sex for a woman is more of a connection between their private parts and their brain ~ that goes back and forth, back and forth. And they hate being treated like a vaginal life support system ~ a piece of meat!

I would say that some women have much better connection brain-private parts than others.

You can't make your wife respect you, but you can make sure that she doesn't dis-respect you!

This is a very good point. I will make sure that disrespect is out of the picture.

Have you noticed that those times when you "manned-upped" that the wife sat up and paid attention? She doesn't want you to divorce you ~ she wants you to "man-up" and quit being such a "nice guy!"

Well, tricky. I used to be in pretty good control of things and not very nice guy all the time, and this backfired. Now, I let her control a bit, and I am OK as I have usually been confident in myself.

Yes, I have been weak, mostly because of fear about the future and losing my mate. I think fear of losing your mate works against you.

And it is true that any time I take a strong position, the woman pays attention.

I'll even go so far as saying that when it comes to sex, that you tug her hair a little, get a little rough with her, maybe spank her, grab her azz cheeks hard dominate her somewhat etc.

I personally don't understand the appeal? But, I've been with more than a few women that find this appealing? :confused:

Yes, not all, but many find it appealing.

From the sound of it? It sounds as though your wife wants and needs you to be more dominant ~ and less submissive! The way you've described her? She's a hard-charging, self-supporting, independent, drop-dead-legs, hottie that needs someone who's not passive and doen't take "no" for an answer!

There is truth in this. At the same time, she is really impressed positively by our neighbors, where the wife is really controlling the husband, and he executes most of her desires.

Maybe your wife just hates men and thinks that a woman should control her husband and it is his job to be her lapdog. If this is the case why even bother with her? Your wife might put up a tough front but inside she doesn't sound like a strong woman. A truly strong woman would take responsibility for her life and not blame all her problems on the man in her life. A sense of entitlement and a complete lack of accountablity do not a strong woman make.

• Author

I went last night for a dinner with a female friend, just a friend nothing else. My wife kept asking this morning about details of the evening.

Not looking for 'signs', but why somebody that is done in her hearth

and head would like to know such things?

She could be very much be done and still curious. Women want men to want them whether they like or want to with those men or not. They want to be desired. She's curious about your activities and could even be jealous, but it doesn't necessarily mean that she want you.

What are the exact questions that she asked? How did you respond? Did you say anything in the nature of "we want to leave me, why do you care whom I associate myself with or whom I date?"

• Author
She could be very much be done and still curious. Women want men to want them whether they like or want to with those men or not. They want to be desired. She's curious about your activities and could even be jealous, but it doesn't necessarily mean that she want you.

I think you are right. I interpret it kind of she wants me, but this is far from the truth.

What are the exact questions that she asked? How did you respond? Did you say anything in the nature of "we want to leave me, why do you care whom I associate myself with or whom I date?"

More or less the conversation was:

She asked who did I meet. I said a friend. How do you know her? I said just know her. She asked when did you meet? I said while we were separated.

How did you meet her? I meet people all over the place.

I said it was not a date, just a friend. Where did you go? To pub X. What did you talk about? About my life. Did you kiss her? No way, we are friends.

Did she call you at home? No. Can friends call me at home? I said I am jealous about it.

Her response to why she is so curious was "I want to see if you have somebody so you are not so hurt inside by the current situation and me leaving you." I think this is just BS.

Why don't you ask this female friend of yours out and make sure your wife know about it. When you return from your outing with this other woman and your W starts asking your questions again, just say "since we are no longer together, I don't think I have the need to disclose what I do outside this house with other women to you." Don't be rude, don't be cold, just be cool and nice about it. Remember, stay pleasant and nice to her. This will at least give her a temporary doubt about leaving you, because you're currently happy, pleasant and there are other women who potentially want you.

• Author
Why don't you ask this female friend of yours out and make sure your wife know about it. When you return from your outing with this other woman and your W starts asking your questions again, just say "since we are no longer together, I don't think I have the need to disclose what I do outside this house with other women to you." Don't be rude, don't be cold, just be cool and nice about it. Remember, stay pleasant and nice to her. This will at least give her a temporary doubt about leaving you, because you're currently happy, pleasant and there are other women who potentially want you.

I was very cool and nice about it today. I also said in a gentle and joking way that women don't want to get with somebody in such a messy situation, implying that divorce is the clean solution.

Miracle! Wife was the sweetest thing all day. She brought me a snack to my room, but I was busy and told her that I cannot open the door.

Then she made a sophisticated dinner plus wine and port, even cheered, which has not happened for months.

I was very cool and nice about it today. I also said in a gentle and joking way that women don't want to get with somebody in such a messy situation, implying that divorce is the clean solution.

Miracle! Wife was the sweetest thing all day. She brought me a snack to my room, but I was busy and told her that I cannot open the door.

Then she made a sophisticated dinner plus wine and port, even cheered, which has not happened for months.

See how accurate my predictions are? If you are correct that there is no other men involved, I think you may be able to save your marriage. Just stay nice and pleasant without pushing it. I think her niceness has something to do with your outing with this other woman. I also believe that her niceness will not last once she found out that there is nothing going on between you and this other woman.

I don't think it's a bad idea to make her jealous and maybe help her realize that it will kill her inside to see you with another woman. But, don't over do it. Hang out with this female friend again if you can. Indicate to your W that you had a pleasant time, but don't over do it, meaning don't make her think that you're sleeping with her (so, dont' stay out late) and don't flirt/talk to her on the phone while your W is around. Pretend that you have some type of emotional connection with this OW and if your W still care about you or love you, it may help her realize things that she is currently unaware of. While doing all of the above, just rememeber to stay pleasant and very nice to your W. If you can, don't answer your W's questions about this other woman and stay "mysterious."

As you've stated before that your wife pretty much think that the marriage is over, you have nothing to lose by trying something new trying to save it.

• Author
See how accurate my predictions are? If you are correct that there is no other men involved, I think you may be able to save your marriage.

No other men involved.

A non-orthodox and very, very expensive marriage counselor advised me that the *only* way to get my mate back is to start dating again. This is illogical by many people, but it could work. He was betting his many years of experience that only this will work.

Just stay nice and pleasant without pushing it. I think her niceness has something to do with your outing with this other woman. I also believe that her niceness will not last once she found out that there is nothing going on between you and this other woman.

Exactly. The same MC told me that a woman never divorces a man that has an affair. She divorces when he drops the affair.

I don't think it's a bad idea to make her jealous and maybe help her realize that it will kill her inside to see you with another woman. But, don't over do it. Hang out with this female friend again if you can. Indicate to your W that you had a pleasant time, but don't over do it, meaning don't make her think that you're sleeping with her (so, dont' stay out late) and don't flirt/talk to her on the phone while your W is around. Pretend that you have some type of emotional connection with this OW and if your W still care about you or love you, it may help her realize things that she is currently unaware of. While doing all of the above, just rememeber to stay pleasant and very nice to your W. If you can, don't answer your W's questions about this other woman and stay "mysterious."

Exactly, what I am thinking and planning to do. She loves me and she is jealous big time.

As you've stated before that your wife pretty much think that the marriage is over, you have nothing to lose by trying something new trying to save it.

True. Very glad you posted this.

I am planning to go to Nice, France on a work related trip next week and spend about a week there. The plan is not certain at the moment, but doable.

Do you feel that this may have a positive effect. Anyhow, she is planning to live on her own with the two kids, so she better get some taste of it. She has had this taste, as I travel, but this time is more real. I got this idea tonight and may tell her tomorrow.

A non-orthodox and very, very expensive marriage counselor advised me that the *only* way to get my mate back is to start dating again. This is illogical by many people, but it could work. He was betting his many years of experience that only this will work.

Exactly. The same MC told me that a woman never divorces a man that has an affair. She divorces when he drops the affair.

I am planning to go to Nice, France on a work related trip next week and spend about a week there. The plan is not certain at the moment, but doable.

Do you feel that this may have a positive effect. Anyhow, she is planning to live on her own with the two kids, so she better get some taste of it. She has had this taste, as I travel, but this time is more real. I got this idea tonight and may tell her tomorrow.

Maybe I deserve a check too. I disagree with your expensive MC about a W NEVER leaves her cheating husband. We all know it happens all the time. Some people (including women) see physical affairs (and sometimes, rarely though, emotional affairs) as a total deal breaker. That's why I told you not to stay out too late on these "dates." Don't know your W, can't say for sure.

The France thing might be a good idea, just make sure you don't stay away for too long for her to get used to you staying away. I don't think her moving out on her own is a good idea. Once she moves out and on her own, she could meet people and she will able to accept dates requests and you will never find out. Once that happens, she will feel a sense of freedom.

During the mean time, go out on what seems like "dates" and come home happy and be pleasant and nice to her.

I like BA's train of thought ~ and only want to add be nice, pleasent, positive, smiling, laughing all the time ~ don't show her any weakness in the form of being down in the dumps.

If she asks you why your so happy ~ just tell her that "Most people are about as happy as they make their minds up to be!" And, I've made my mind up to be happy regardless. If you've made up your mind to sepearate and leave me, then I'll just have to learn how to that and move on with my life! ;)

What BA's advocating IMHO is "selling yourself" as the attractive alternative to seperation and divorce.

You need to read "ilmw's" thread if you haven't done so already. Here's the link:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t90264/

Its long as its the fourth most popular thread on this fourm and has been running for over a year and a half.

ilmw and his DW are back togther! :p

Forgive me for saying this indelicately... but Dude, you need to either sh*t or get off the pot. ;)

If your wife isn't cheating, and you WANT to continue in the marriage... you need to exercise some patience ala ILMW and PWSX3. You need to be doing Harley's "Plan A" and showing this woman that you are 'ready, willing, and able' to be the man she needs you to be for as long as it takes.

Type into your browser, "what are plan a and plan b, marriagebuilders", and read the article you find there. This same "plan" can be utilized when dealing with a recalcitrant mate just as well as a cheating one.

What is NOT going to work right now is pushing her. You fight fire with WATER. ;)

You don't pour gasoline on it, which is what "dating" is going to do for you right about now. You'll just be proving her point for her.

If you're done, you're done. Get an attorney and end the marriage as amicably as possible for the sake of the kids. A long, drawn-out battle over the settlement table is not in their best interests.

• Author
Forgive me for saying this indelicately... but Dude, you need to either sh*t or get off the pot. ;)

If your wife isn't cheating, and you WANT to continue in the marriage... you need to exercise some patience ala ILMW and PWSX3. You need to be doing Harley's "Plan A" and showing this woman that you are 'ready, willing, and able' to be the man she needs you to be for as long as it takes.

Type into your browser, "what are plan a and plan b, marriagebuilders", and read the article you find there. This same "plan" can be utilized when dealing with a recalcitrant mate just as well as a cheating one.

What is NOT going to work right now is pushing her. You fight fire with WATER. ;)

You don't pour gasoline on it, which is what "dating" is going to do for you right about now. You'll just be proving her point for her.

If you're done, you're done. Get an attorney and end the marriage as amicably as possible for the sake of the kids. A long, drawn-out battle over the settlement table is not in their best interests.

You are right--thanks. Impatience is one of my bad features.

After thinking, reading your posts, reading my posts, etc.

I pretty much know that

* I have to work on myself. I am confused and have to clear my head. I have been working on myself, but it is not enough yet.

* Although my wife is confused, she has lived by high moral and emotional standards. I have not been up to them.

* As far as I am not up to her standards, and she is not up to my good sides, we just have to work on ourselves.

* I have to learn to be happy on my own and start doing the things that made me happy: reading, working out, etc.

This forum has been a wonderful support for me, and I am grateful to all that have had the time to post. Please keep doing the good stuff.

Chrome Barracuda

Just make it one day at a time. I agree all tha limbo is very frustrating. And I would not agree to it as well.

The question is what do you want R&B?

Do you want to reconsile or do you want to end it all?

What does she want? Does she want to begin again with you or does she want to go her seperate ways?