OMG... I am...e v i l

But I'm not convinced they're either smutty or sleazy. How can half (or more) of the married male population be that way? The logic doesn't add up. I just wish I could understand WHY THEY'RE OUT THERE HITTING ON ME AND MY GIRLFRIENDS. We would like nothing more than for these guys to go home and try to work it out with their W's.

I know the answer...ego strokes.

A couple of friends and I often go to the same bar/restaurant on Tuesday nights for their special on beer and burgers. One has been married for 2 years after dating his wife for many years before that. The other is going through a divorce right now. More often than not, the same waitress serves our table...she's cute, friendly, and about half their age. They fall all over themselves flirting with her, and she flirts back (she likes the tips, of course).

I asked them last night why they flirt so much with her when neither of them has a chance with her, and they're not even interested in her really. The answer: it feels good to flirt with an attractive girl.

"I feel great about myself all day the next day because a pretty girl flirted with me, even though I know she's doing it for the tips. It's all about feeling good about myself."

I asked them last night why they flirt so much with her when neither of them has a chance with her, and they're not even interested in her really. The answer: it feels good to flirt with an attractive girl.

"I feel great about myself all day the next day because a pretty girl flirted with me, even though I know she's doing it for the tips. It's all about feeling good about myself."

Yes flirting feels great to men and does wonders for their egos, I think we get that. You know what feels even better though? When a woman actually acts on all the flirting, which inevitably if you keep it up someone is going to act on it, it is just a matter of time.

Then you hear of the cheaters that NEVER wanted an affair, that they were forced to have an A that they always loved their W and NEVER wanted to hurt them that the all the evl women out there were out to get him because he is SUCH a prize!!! :laugh:

You know the rest...we can read the rest of the story anywhere here on the OW/Om forum.

LadyJane: I would go as far as telling your two married men friends "see you on the LS boards"

I hate to break it to you but when a man starts of acting in a disrespectful manner towards his W it only spirals from there. The two men you just described are an A waiting to happen. It's THAT simple.

She certainly gets under YOUR skin, Luv.

Yes, when someone gets that defensive and takes a post so personally, there's a reason.....the relationship isn't really the "paradise" as she continually shouts out to the board.

Yes flirting feels great to men and does wonders for their egos, I think we get that. You know what feels even better though? When a woman actually acts on all the flirting, which inevitably if you keep it up someone is going to act on it, it is just a matter of time.

Then you hear of the cheaters that NEVER wanted an affair, that they were forced to have an A that they always loved their W and NEVER wanted to hurt them that the all the evl women out there were out to get him because he is SUCH a prize!!! :laugh:

You know the rest...we can read the rest of the story anywhere here on the OW/Om forum.

LadyJane: I would go as far as telling your two married men friends "see you on the LS boards"

I hate to break it to you but when a man starts of acting in a disrespectful manner towards his W it only spirals from there. The two men you just described are an A waiting to happen. It's THAT simple.

The thing is, TC, according to L60, YOU will never have a faithful man, nor will any other woman on this forum.

The thing is, TC, according to L60, YOU will never have a faithful man, nor will any other woman on this forum.

Like I said very sad. Very sad. My ex never cheated on me. We were together nine years. My H and I are together 13 years in October. Never cheated on me. Never will. I can't believe there are women who really in their heart of hearts don't know that there are good men out there who aren't scum. It really saddens me.

And I thought Lyndia's post was excellent. So was...I think it was Enigma's. Some people on LS really do seem to have an issue with happily married people. NEWSFLASH: There really ARE such animals. It's hard for some to swallow I guess, but there really are such things as happy, healthy unions. I hope one day you'll see for yourselves.

Oh, I liked your posts too, Wog.

Lizzie doesn't really get under my skin because while she thinks she is some sort of radical thumbing her nose at tradition the truth is that her type is a dime a dozen. I have no doubt that she gets a lot of men to sleep with her but men such as myself and others will look at her with amusement, get bored quickly and move on to something more interesting.

Like I said very sad. Very sad. My ex never cheated on me. We were together nine years. My H and I are together 13 years in October. Never cheated on me. Never will. I can't believe there are women who really in their heart of hearts don't know that there are good men out there who aren't scum. It really saddens me.

And I thought Lyndia's post was excellent. So was...I think it was Enigma's. Some people on LS really do seem to have an issue with happily married people. NEWSFLASH: There really ARE such animals. It's hard for some to swallow I guess, but there really are such things as happy, healthy unions. I hope one day you'll see for yourselves.

Touché, Touche!

There are some sad sad people in this thread.

Coming from Mr. "I have jealous thoughts of my single guy friends going out and picking up Jersey Boardwalk trash because I am married and cannot pick up Jersey Boardwalk trash and cannot compare notes of our conquests of said Jersey Boardwalk trash. Mr. "Is there something wrong with my marriage because I had the desire last night to pick up Jersey Boardwalk trash and brag about it with my friends?"

LOL

Uhm not to pi$$ on your parade but very different thing to say you don't THINK he will ever cheat very different to say he never will. You have no say as to if he actually will or not, you may trust he never will but that doesn't mean he won't.

It is true though...a lot of BSs famous last words were "he would never"

Coming from Mr. "I have jealous thoughts of my single guy friends going out and picking up Jersey Boardwalk trash because I am married and cannot pick up Jersey Boardwalk trash and cannot compare notes of our conquests of said Jersey Boardwalk trash. Mr. "Is there something wrong with my marriage because I had the desire last night to pick up Jersey Boardwalk trash and brag about it with my friends?"

LOL

Really??? Ewwwww!! Have you been to Jersey? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL

Thoughts are one thing. Actions, quite another. At least Wogs revealed the fleeting thoughts that went through his mind and actually probably was asking for a verbal flogging like he knew he deserved.

For you to say something like the above speaks volumes about you as a human being - and I use that term loosely.

• Author
Uhm not to pi$$ on your parade but very different thing to say you don't THINK he will ever cheat very different to say he never will. You have no say as to if he actually will or not, you may trust he never will but that doesn't mean he won't.

some people have 'cheating exemptions' for life... :lmao:

Well that's one person's opinion. I certainly don't believe that but on the same token I don't feel the need to reaffirm it either, it's more between me and my partner than it is me and the whole of LS.

I can only hope I will be with a faithful man and can do my best to take care of what I have, beyond that it is really out of my hands, and there is NO point trying to assure something I ultimately have 0 control over. I can however control me, so I can say I would never cheat...

I can feel a certain way but that does not make it a fact. I guess accepting that there is always a 1% chance of anything is a healthier way to live for myself. 1% is not paralizing it is just accepting that there are things that can go not as one expects.

It does amuse me though how many women feel they have that kind of control over their partners/destiny! :laugh:

whichwayisup

Same can be said about alot of Ow's last words ... "my MM doesn't lie to me."

Well that's one person's opinion. I certainly don't believe that but on the same token I don't feel the need to reaffirm it either, it's more between me and my partner than it is me and the whole of LS.

I can only hope I will be with a faithful man and can do my best to take care of what I have, beyond that it is really out of my hands, and there is NO point trying to assure something I ultimately have 0 control over. I can however control me, so I can say I would never cheat...

I can feel a certain way but that does not make it a fact. I guess accepting that there is always a 1% chance of anything is a healthier way to live for myself. 1% is not paralizing it is just accepting that there are things that can go not as one expects.

It does amuse me though how many women feel they have that kind of control over their partners/destiny! :laugh:

Not "control over" but rather "faith in."

Thoughts are one thing. Actions, quite another. At least Wogs revealed the fleeting thoughts that went through his mind and actually probably was asking for a verbal flogging like he knew he deserved.

For you to say something like the above speaks volumes about you as a human being - and I use that term loosely.

EXACTLY! Now, it's my turn to say "touche'" to YOU!:)

Sorry that my confidence in my man upsets you, TC. I have no power over his "destiny." Only he does. I just know what kind of man he is. I pray that you and others like you, meet a man half as good as he is.

Not to mention, you think you are the first or last person to say "my partner would never" Well if it weren't for thinking as you do marriage would never happen would it? A lot of people who ended up being cheated on thought the EXACT same thing you think.

Just food for thought before you are so quick to "spit up". Ever try to spit up? well if you do, it shoots up for a bit and then it just splats back down all over your face. ;)

Just food for thought before you are so quick to "spit up". Ever try to spit up? well if you do, it shoots up for a bit and then it just splats back down all over your face. ;)

That was kinda ugly TC. Why can't people just let someone have faith in their partner without trying to sh*t all over the notion?

Not "control over" but rather "faith in."

And that's fine, it's all about the wording really.

I have faith he will not do that, sounds very different to me than "my H would never do that" I think that last phrase is naive at least.

On sounds more reasonable than the other, to my ears, or eyes in this case ;)

EXACTLY! Now, it's my turn to say "touche'" to YOU!:)

Sorry that my confidence in my man upsets you, TC. I have no power over his "destiny." Only he does. I just know what kind of man he is. I pray that you and others like you, meet a man half as good as he is.

:laugh: your confidence in your man doesn't upset me! who's upset? :laugh::laugh:

I don't even think you believe what you say which is why you are so agressively trying to push the notion. But that's what I see...

Again I trust my partners as much as I need to I just don't feel the need to scream out for reassurance that he is 100% into me. I feel it, I know it, that's good enough for me the rest of the world can eat pie. ;)

Then again what's confidence really? I look pretty damn hot in a bikini but don't feel the need to post a pic of myself in one to have my words heard, or to make sure everyone else thinks I do too. different strokes I suppose....

:laugh: your confidence in your man doesn't upset me! who's upset? :laugh::laugh:

I don't even think you believe what you say which is why you are so agressively trying to push the notion. But that's what I see...

Again I trust my partners as much as I need to I just don't feel the need to scream out for reassurance that he is 100% into me. I feel it, I know it, that's good enough for me the rest of the world can eat pie. ;)

Then again what's confidence really? I look pretty damn hot in a bikini but don't feel the need to post a pic of myself in one to have my words heard, or to make sure everyone else thinks I do too. different strokes I suppose....

Ok, great. So glad you're not upset in my confidence in my husband. You could have fooled me though with that spit up nonsense...but whatever.

I strongly believe in what I say...strongly. And THAT'S why I'm "pushing the notion" as you say. I'm sorry, you see things so differently. I understand. Still it's sad, as I've said.

That was funny about the bikini...you're showing your true colors. I post the pic because I'm an old woman...pre-menopausal and don't have many more good years left!:laugh: I don't post it for anyone else to think I'm hot. But thanks for trying to tell me how I think and why I post my pic. Keep trying...you don't have it right yet.

As for the topic. I'm proud of you, Lizzie. Was it hard for you to restrain yourself from pursuing this man? Was it because you knew deep down that you were going to get shot down that time? What made you not go through with pursuing him this time? Just curious.

Just wanted to comment on the above. You trust your "partners?" Plural? Hmmm, interesting.

Oh and just to correct you...I don't "scream out for reassurance." I was correcting some myths. I was using my marriage as just one little example. But some people resent it. Don't want to hear it. Don't believe it and never will. What do I care? Believe it or not. Maybe some of us actually give those who DO believe it, hope. Did that ever occur to you?