Post here instead of contacting your ex!

polywog

Dear XXXX,

it's been about 3 months now that you decided you no longer want to be in a relationship. it's been a couple days now since i FINALLY decided to go NC with you. although i still wonder how you could of walked away from 6 years, i can no longer torture myself. i wonder if you will come after me, but then again after soo many mths you had plenty of chances. im disappointed you gave up. im heartbroken at how you can possibly act as if nothing affects you. but you and i know that you cannot face up to your guilt and that is why you distance yourself. ive had time to reflect and although i was never perfect, i do know i treated you just how any man would want to be treated. every day is hard and my heart is heavy. last night on my way home from the movies i cried on the drive home. we used to go to the movies all the time. i know one day youre going to realize something is missing and you know what, it will be too late. you broke my heart and shoved me into the world. you disappeared when you knew i was at my weakest point. you took away something that made me happy..and i will carry the pain with me always.

"because of you,I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh everyday of my life...."

discoverychannel

You are a cold-hearted moron. I can't believe you wouldn't go to the pharmacy with me when I was in pain and could hardly walk! I can't believe what a sad loser coward you are and I didn't even see it until we broke up. You didn't even have the guts to ask me out even though you know I liked you. You are such a baby that needs your mom's approval just to buy a jacket. You threw a temper tantrum at me because you are too cheap to buy me valentines present. WHy did I ever go out with a cheap loser like you? Your new gf is psychotic and you are a mess yourself. YOu think you are playing smart by leading another girl on while you were dating me? You're playing a selfish game of love. You and your new gf are a perfect match -mean- and I hope you two will stick together forever. Remember that I said when we broke up that if we're meant to be, we'll be together again? Well i puke at the thought of being with you again now. Please try not to let me see your face again and if u see me please cover your face so I won't puke at the sight of you.

We had good times. But it's all over now. I learned a lot after breaking up with you and I am so glad I did. Many great things has happened since and it has been so worth it. It was hard but this self-discovery journey was so worth it. I really know what I don't want and want from a relationship now and I really hope that you stop playing around and grow up. I know that you have the potential to be a great mate if you just open your eyes. I know the part that I loved about you is still there but you are changing for the worst. I worry for you but you have chosen your direction in life, and I cannot stop you. This is why we had to break up. I can only wish the best for you. I hope that one day you will realize the consequences of your selfish actions and be a responsible mature man. I hope that one day we can sit together again and laugh about the good times and at how naive we were.

and sent it . . . oh well, we will see the aftermath . . . A couple of edits here and there that wouldn't make any sense to anybody here. I knew if I thought about it I wouldn't send it and then spend the next day wondering. Now I don't have to waste time tomorrow wondering if I should send an email.

Hi *****,

Short but sweet, perhaps . . . I had alot written but really here is the gist . . .

I hope you are doing well, or better at least. I hope you are happy and at peace with everything that has transpired the past year. I am doing well, starting to apply for new jobs.

We both made mistakes . . . sorry for mine . . . I don't think that taking space/breaking up was a mistake. It was the right decision at the time. When you first mentioned taking a break, we discussed an October excursion. I would still like to make that happen if you want to. No complications either way. You don't even have to respond to this, I'll take prolonged silence to mean we will not be making plans to see each other. I also realize you may take a while to process hearing from me again. I'll take that into account.

Lots of sentimental stuff . . . better left unsaid . . . I still think you are an awesome person.

I told you back in June I would still want to see you upon your return. I meant that.

respond as much or as little as you need to. If I think about it I won't send it so HERE GOES . . . DIVING IN!!!!!!!!!!!

Sao2

Wow. You really shouldn't have sent that. It was rather pathetic, sorry, but it was. He's not gonna look on that and, say, yeah, let's go on that trip together. Sorry....gotta move on...no friends..doesn't work...not for you, at least not now.

Ok, here is the letter I've been holding back. NC for 3 weeks and I want to send it in another 2 weeks time. My story is I had an affair but waited too long out of duty etc to leave my wife. My love got sick of waiting and found someone else, which is perfectly reasonable. But I'm sick with loss.

Dear ****

Life is still too short. You were right - I made a big mistake, and my instinct at the time told me that. Doing "the right thing" has turned out to be wrong....... My sense of duty held me back from committing to you even though my heart was already yours.

So we each move on. As you know, I believe a love, a chemistry which has existed quietly between us for 25 years doesn't just go away. As you said, it was strong and real. There is a bond even if it has faded at the moment.

I think there is a place in the future for you and I to come together. I also recognise it may never happen, but life takes serendipitous turns... If that place is H***** then I'd be happy about that.

You touched my soul. I love you completely.

Curious139

Interesting.....since I wrote the above (but not sent it) I have received a pleasant non-emotional chatty email from my ex. It was a shock because it was completely unexpected and I've been NC for 3 weeks - having taken the advice on this site - thanks everyone.

I'm pretty shaken up because rationally I know she still has a new friend, yet she did think of me.

Anyway I replied but not with the above letter. Instead I was chatty and avoided most emotions. Best I could do and it felt right. Frankly I don't want her to know I am still in pain and depression 6 weeks on.

Gotta keep my self respect.

I did send an email to her telling her good luck, will miss you, and hopefully we can put the past behind us. Never heard back and I didn't expect to.

Here's what I wanted to write.....

I hated how things ended and wished we could have sat down and talked things through, but that's not your strong suit. Instead, you barge in grab things w/o saying any words....that's it...over. How can you be so cold? I don't get it.

I do want to know one thing and I want you to be totally honest with me. You've always said that was your strong suit, so just be honest and tell me if he really was over that night. At this point I just want to respect you enough to tell me the truth. It's over, so just tell me.

alpaha

this sucks guys........why are the chemicals in my head screwing with my emotions so much? I have about 30 reasons to NOT be dating her and about 5 for dating her, so I'm not sure why it's so hard....I just miss the intimacy and the feel of her next to me. Guess I'll just take it day by day and hope it gets better.

• Like 1

Hi Miszu!!!!!!

Ive been thinking a lot since we last met!

You told me you still love me and called me baby, but to come back to me u have to think about it?

Why is that? Didnt you say a week ago you promise to marry me? If ever you leave me ill run after you? Ect.

I thought you really loved me? I thought u wanted to spend the rest of your life with me!

To many question in my hand!

Now you r not giving any signs!

And im fedup!

My heart is still with you for now until i move on but waiting for you is killing me!

I told you what i wanted to do to change things ect.

Now you leave me on a question mark?

Nahhhhhhh!

That's it!

You will realize it soon or later and ill move on!

Later!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the letter saying what I wish I could say to my ex-fiancee:

I wish you could see me for who I am instead of who you've made me out to be. I love you honestly, purely, and completely with all of my heart. If there is anything that I can do, or anything that I can say to allow you to see me - I would. I want to be there to support you, take care of you, and make you laugh. I don't know how I am supposed to move on because I don't know how to picture my life without you. I wish you would talk to me. If you talked to me, you would see that those things you believe just aren't true. I'm so sorry for any pain I've caused you and am willing to do whatever it takes to fix it. All I want to do is fix what's wrong. I'm sitting here with my heart wide open and aching for you. Please don't shut me out. I love you.

Hey,

I was thinking about you tonight, just like I always do every night. For reasons I prefer to keep to myself, I was feeling really depressed tonight, and I kept thinking about you. I kept thinking about how much I missed you and how, perhaps, I should just take a deep breath and go look for you. I kept thinking that I should apologize for creating a mix-up, for not being more assertive, for not being more direct--for writing things that seemed incriminating, even though goodness knows I never meant anything by them. Never. And I started to hate myself again.

Upon learning some things which I also prefer to keep to myself, I became even more depressed. I cried. I cried at the fantasies I created in my head and at the reality that is my life. I started to get extremely overwhelmed, but, thankfully, I was able to talk to my dear friend.

And that made all of the difference.

I realized that I am ridiculous, but not for the reasons you might point to and laugh at when with your buddies, no. I am ridiculous because for the past three years I have treated you as though you are God' greatest gift to this world. I tried to bend myself into a pretzel for the sole reason of pleasing you. Whatever you wanted, I did. It even got to the point where you'd tell me to jump, and I'd ask "how high?"

And I tried to be good. I know I have my flaws. I know I keep to myself a bit too much; I know I have a tendency to not talk until took late; I know I have mood swings that are beyond bizarre and truly annoying; I know, believe me, I know.

When you called me on it, I would always try to change these bad ways, along with any others--you know I did. And, after about a year, I became so lost within you that I had no sense of self. Everything became about you--about hoping you were not angry, upset, or displeased. Everything.

But then, after a month or two of me lavishing you at the expense of my own self-respect, what would you do? You would find something--anything--from something bad to something completely insignificant, to break it off and head for the hills.

The hills: the place where you run to pretend nothing is wrong, to frolic and bask yourself in everything mundane, and the place where the only care you have is your own self. I know the people there, up in your little hill--they think you are the funniest, sweetest, most charming guy. They would never believe how many horrifying names you called me in your last email. They would never believe you have pushed me. They would never believe you get so infuriated that you say you want to kill me. No, of course not. They would say I was a psychopath who was only making things up. Of course. They are your friends, after all; the ones who only know you on the surface.

The more I talked to my friend, the more I realized how stupid I am for always waiting for your return. You come and go like the wind--just as you please. You leave for whatever reason you deem relevant and come back some time later, when you feel like it. Why? You say that you do so because you love me, but after all of the things you say and do to me, how can I believe that you do?

Tonight I think you don't. You just use me as your recharger for whenever you need a boost. And tonight I think that the only reason you come back is because you are lonely, and probably wanting to unload. So, why not find someone else? Because you love me, you say? Well, I am more inclined to believe you come to back to me because it is a lot easier to work old ground rather than to explore one that is new.

Right now you are probably out there, somewhere, having fun with your buddies and with those girls you always deny. I just hope that that fun never goes away so that you don't have to come back again, even though, according to you, you never will because I was "going to cheat on you."

Right. Believe what you want. I know I wasn't and that I would never, but words of sincerity are wasted on someone who's only interest is himself.

I can't believe that for so long I defended you, saying that you really did love me, and that you just had a "temper." Ha. It's not wonder my friend's lost faith in me: they could clearly see what I was do desperately trying to deny.

I am so sorry. I am so sorry for not realizing the truth sooner, and for making your life difficult by being a part of it.

But more than anything, I am sorry I let you hurt me so much when I didn't deserve it.

(Name.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sigh. :(

Hey there, guy who loves music more than human beings! Still sleeping with your bass? Maybe I should have walked the minute I found out you actually put your musical instruments in your bed with you. Maybe I should have walked when you said, "If the bass could f*** me back, you'd be out of a job." Or maybe I should have kicked you out on our very first date and told you not to show up to take a girl out reeking of armpits. Certainly I should have let you go when you said, "Deodorant is gay" -- a lovely sentiment coming from a 31-year-old man.

Or maybe when I saw that you hung the cashmere scarf I knitted for you over a nail and never wore it, maybe that would have been the time to go. Or how about the time I filled the pockets of your pants with love notes when you were packing to go on tour, and before you left I said, "Bring me a surprise from the road," and you came home with nothing and said nothing.

Or maybe I should have dumped you when I mentioned the flowers my friend's boyfriend gave her, and how nice they were, and you said, "I had a girlfriend who was a florist and she always complained about how bad other people's flower arrangements looked, so I never give girls flowers."

Or hey, how about all those sweet text messages I sent you when you were on tour, telling you I loved you and that you were sexy, and you just never responded? Yeah, it's really tough to take two seconds out of your busy life to write, "Love you," in a text message and press send. Certainly you were too busy to do such a thing.

You have no communication skills, you smell bad, you're 6'2" and 125 lbs, you're losing your hair, your apartment is a s***hole, and you're totally unimaginative in bed. Here's a clue for ya: if your girlfriend is a bellydancer who wants freaky sex, you don't let her go. Your loss. Have fun humping your bass.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It pisses me off that Jewish holidays remind me of you. It pisses me off that in a month i'm going to your home state, and you were talking about coming with me to show me places and now I'm just going alone. It pisses me off that it's been over 3 months since we've talked. It pisses me off that I've done this major thing and I can't tell you about it and you've not expressed any well wishes to me about it. It pisses me off that i still have feelings for you even though you've dropped me like a bad habit. It pisses me off that I ever wasted kisses on you. It pisses me off that I ever wasted feelings on you.

I wish you'd leave the state and never come back. And I wish you'd realize someday that you lost the best thing that ever would happen to you.

God i love you so much. i wish i could tell you without you thinking i was a psycho. i want you in my life, i want you back, its been 4 months and i want you back...i was doing well... but ive gone backwards.

i never dreamed it would end up like this. i never meant to hurt you, but its not all my fault.

we are meant to be wonderful friends. we aer meant to be wonderful...

i dont want to know how you are, i dont want to know who your seeing, i dont really want to be you friend... i want to be yours. all yours.. but that is never happening.i really hope one day we can be friends, when im over you... will i ever be over you. i will get over the whole thing, but i dont think i will ever loose my love for you. i think you love me too. i think you need me out your life because you dont know who you are or what you want. ill be here when you are wanting to reconcile. i have an open heart.. ill love you from afar. but how could i trust you?

jmina

Newtotheblogthing

You finally changed your email password. I was wondering when you would wise up and do that. You knew I had it, I told you, asked you to change it. I hate that I couldn't help myself from going in to check..I hate that you have someone else. I hate that I had to look at her web page. My friends say she's tacky. Thank god they love me enough to belittle her. She's probably very nice..

I miss you. Your pushed me, I gave in, I made you my life. Now without you it seems as if I have nothing. Do you think about me as well. I am grieving the loss. You were my best friend.. it still feels like you are..

Day 3 of no contact.. maybe I am stronger than I thought. You loved me and helped to destroy me at the same time. I was so resentful, I was so angry. I had to leave. But I still love you. You knew me, you loved me, you irritated me, you were jealous, you are irresponsible. I lost a lot but held onto you. It's my fault too.

I miss you and I love you.

• 4 weeks later...

So these are things that I never said to her at the time and after having some time apart I really do want to get them out. Kind of long:

This past month has been quite the roller coaster for both of us. You with school and clinicals and me adjusting to my new lifestyle. There are a few things that I have had time to think about the last month or so. Having this time has allowed me to look at it in a new perspective.

The first thing is if you didn’t care so much about me, then why do you keep running away from your feelings? I know that you have all this stuff on your plate but I can also see that you are torn as to how you feel about me. One part of you wants to open up and come back but the other part is fighting to do just the opposite. And all I think is “What does she have to prove to herself?” Why are you testing yourself like this? You shouldn’t have to prove anything to anyone, nonetheless to yourself. You are ambitious, passionate, goal driven, and smart as hell. You are getting by on your own and doing things on your own. So I am confused as to why you feel you need to prove something to yourself. I can see that is what you are doing. And it is hard on you. You have to put on this fake smile and front for everyone to see that you are doing ok. I know you well enough to know that you are probably just boiling inside and want to explode. All the crap you have to take from roommates, friends, school, and everybody else. You don’t really have a release for that stuff anymore and you’ve withdrawn inside yourself being angry and stressed all the time.

Secondly, I am confused about the way you look at this whole thing. I know you think that if you give in just a little bit to me, things will come rushing back to what they were. All the pressures and commitments of a relationship come flooding back. Do you really think that I don’t know that’s how you look at it? And would you really think I would expect that or try to have that back if we started talking again? I’m not blind. I know you better than that! I know that you are purposely trying to hold yourself back from your feelings. You have built this up so big that you think it has to be all or nothing with you and me. And that if it doesn’t live up to that, you feel that you are letting yourself or me down. So just chill out and relax a bit.

Kara, there is something else I need to get off my chest. I have to apologize for not being so focused on “us” the last few months of our relationship. I lost sight of some things and that made me push closer to you and act like the way I did. I am sorry for that. After having this time apart I can look back now and all I can say is, “Jesus! What a putz!” Remember how much fun you and I had together? Hanging out, partying, going to new places. We had fun no matter where we were. I lost sight of that because I worried so much about making you happy that I forgot to make myself happy in the meantime. That made me focus all the more on you and I forgot to just have fun when we were together. There is no way to really tell you this. It’s something that I have come to realize these past several weeks. For me, this time apart has been good for me. I have had time to re-focus on myself and figure out what I want. I can see now with a lot clearer head that it was me pushing you away. Instead of cutting loose and having fun, everything was oh so serious all the time for me. It’s all hindsight now but I can see where things had started to go wrong. When you were starting your summer you just wanted to have fun and enjoy it. I understand that I put all this pressure on you and on us that you just couldn’t take it anymore. That is why I think you pulled away.

Let me ask you something? Do you still smile when you think about me? I’m sure you do. Do you feel comfortable and at ease when you think back to us? I sure do. And I’m sure you do too. Do you think back to all the good times we had together? Probably. There was a lot of them! Why not? We are so compatible. We enjoy each other’s company and take comfort knowing that we don’t have to hide anything from each other. If we’re mad, we are mad. If we’re stressed out, we don’t have to put on some stupid fake smile for each other. Do you remember that letter I wrote a few months back? It talked about the ways you made me smile. If you read that letter and switch it around, I can almost guarantee that you feel the exact same way. Your feelings may be hidden but they are not gone.

So why run from those feelings you have? Those are real. You don’t have to be so scared of them. I know you are hiding them from yourself. You are putting too much pressure on yourself. Your trying so hard to be different and put on this front that its tearing you up inside. I see it when I look or talk to you. I can tell in the tone of your voice. I don’t know any other way than to just tell you so I am just going to say it. Drop the covering up how you feel and quit worrying about tomorrow. It’s so easy to get caught up in all the B.S. that you end up freaking yourself out. I can’t stress that enough. I have come to not worry about the next day or the next week. Day by day is how I get through things. If we look at this through that perspective, things would be a whole lot easier on both of us. The only person who is worried about the future is you. Why? Why can’t you just enjoy today? The same applies to you and me. You are worried that if you start to talk or hang out with me that I am going to want to go full force back into us. In no time flat, you think there will be this big, heavy investment of a relationship to worry about.

After having this time to think things through , I think we know how to handle this. We know what pace to go at. We know this time around at what the underlying problem is. I have had time to actually admit this and realize what I had been doing. Remember all the fun things we would do together? I lost sight of that at the end and was too anxious and worried too much about stupid things. I forgot to just have fun. That is where I lost you.

So what is so wrong with trying again? You still continue to do what you want. I still continue to do what I want. We don’t have to deal with all the bull**** that comes along with trying to please everyone all the time. We get to both still be ourselves and enjoy things on our own or together. I know you keep telling yourself that you’re not sure. Or you met someone else. Or you want to be single. Whatever the case may be we know now what to do and what not to do. We’ve had time apart from each other and have both had time to clear our heads a little bit. I know I have came to some big realizations since then.

One is that I know I don’t need you in my life. Not in a bad sense but a good one. Its not healthy to “need” someone to make you happy. I want you to be part of my life. To share it with and enjoy the closeness that we have. Two, is that I needed time to get back to myself. To where I was when we first met. I think I have gotten back to that. Back to making decisions based on what I want and not what others want me to do. And I know you have been pretty torn on what to do whether you admit it or not. I saw it when you came over. I know you are holding back your feelings. So ease back into things. Nothing has to be said. No labels, no expectations, nothing. We just enjoy the moment. Have fun and take things like we did when we first met.

I’m not expecting a phone call or anything from this. I’ve given time to both you and me. This is something that I want to do. I don’t know how else to get it across to you. If nothing comes from it then fine. I think these were some things that needed to be said that didn’t get said when we had talked a while ago. Why? Because I was too blinded to be able to admit that what I was doing was not right and I wasn’t being the person you fell in love with before. These are just some unfinished feelings that you need to hear from me. You know how you feel about me. Only you. Nobody else can tell you otherwise. No amount of talking or persuading can change your mind. You have to follow what you feel is the right thing to do. If you deny those feelings at all you are denying yourself from being happy in life.

So be honest to yourself and follow what you feel. If it means going our ways for good then so be it. I just never had a chance to tell you this stuff. I have had time now to re-establish myself and figure out what it is that I want to get out to you.

heres mine, (what i'd love to say but never will).

I just wish you could have told me how things really were right from the start, and not use me because you were unhappy and troubled.

You didnt count on me falling in love with you, did you. Now i know how things really happened. You didnt count on that either.

All i wanted was honesty, its not much to ask. I was in a bad place at the time, i didnt see or didnt want to see what you were doing. I have to say , you had me fooled completely. Thought you were a lovely homely girl who cared,,,, but it wasnt like that was it.

Looking back now, with a clearer head, i was used. You kept telling me not to feel that,, but how else should i feel.

I gave way too much of myself to you, thats not your fault, its mine. but your sure did play on it. Big boost for your ego eh?.

You didnt leave him like you said,,, he found out on you and told you to leave. Big difference isnt it,, to what you told me. I was just a rebound,, so you tell me how that isnt being used.

Your good at crying , when it suits you, getting all the sympathy ,, passing the blame. Poor little girl never does anything wrong.

You let me take the blame for everything, even right at the start, when family and friends thought 'I' had split you two up,, when it was the other way round. All the flak i got, and took it because i fell in love with you.

And at the end, never once did you say sorry for anything.

Not one thing.

All that crap i had to deal with, and you really have no idea do you, and dont even care.

I wish i could tell people how you really were, but i cant. I'm not that kind of person. I hope you realise the stuff that was happening with you,,, that aint normal. You're 32,,,,,,not 8!!!

I hope you are what you are because of that, and not just plain devious. I pray for my own sake its that. I dont want to have that bad feeling for you. I still love you. More fool me. But how else am i supposed to feel.

I hope you find yourself somehow, i really do. Reality is gonna give you a huge kick up the ass one day, and now i'm glad i dont have to see that happen. Maybe one day you'll realise the world doesnt revolve around you.

Maybe, but i'm not so sure.

You'll never know how much love i had for you, you'll never know what you missed out on. I only wish you could, but thats my heart talking.

I'm slowly teaching it to give up on you.

I hope you find what ever it is your looking for.

Mart. XXX

(boy that was good getting that off my chest , sorry for the rant, i just needed that today)

• Like 1

Should I send mine off to her? I havent brought anything up in the last month since we have been split. These things I feel that I need to get across to her. For my own good or not, I never got to tell her these things. I know I cant change her mind about anything but would it give me a little closure?

Just wanted to say, "I love you! If there is a chance for us to be back together, i would give you everything i have and can manage to get to my best ability for us to be happy! I love you!"

I'd say..... "Did you really think hard before you did what you did? I mean...... really? I still can't believe you did all these things and don't have a concience about it. And to blame me for it all, what a ****ing cheek! I'm not the one who went behind your back, you bitch. I don't think you realised what you gave up but I hope you do one day, when it'll be too late. I hope your next ****'s a hedgehog."

Newtotheblogthing

I want to be strong, I won't text or call him but I am hurting right now.

I hate you for this! You slept with me while you have a new girlfriend and you knew I held out hope. Why? How could you do that? I am not going to be your doormat any longer. I want to call her and tell her. How would you feel about that. You would hate me, you don't want ME ruining your life!! Did you cheat on me too? I never thought so until seeing the way you have been acting. Are you having a nice day, watching football and hanging out with your new girl.. I don't want you to be happy. I am sorry, I don't want you to be happy without me. 3 years.. gone. You didn't love me. I am done being the victim. I am done wanting something that made me miserable. You brought me down, I brought you down. We're even. AND no we are NOT going to be friends. You don't deserve me.

You are online working tonight. I want to im you but I won't. I want to say hi but I wont. I want to ask you how your weekend was and if you had as much fun as you use to with me. But i won't. I'll just sit here and try and get my work done.

I am amazed at how my feelings could turn to hate. I wish I could make you feel this hate. I hate you because you made me dislike myself for not making myself a priority. You distanced yourself and didn't say what you really felt. You revealed you told me what you needed to to keep me around. For what, not to move to the next level like you told me, just pure deception.

Now it's 3 months and I know we will never be together again, though I wish you would come back so that I could make you feel as much pain as I have. You took my thoughts, feeling, and what I told you and used it against me. Oh how I hope hate is an emotion that can reach out and affect the one it is geared towards.

The only positive is that it will never happen again with anyone. I will never let it happen again. I only hope your next and future relationships brings someone to you that is just as emotionally screwed up as you have left me.